RAGE 2 vs Borderlands 3. which will be better game overall?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

Poll RAGE 2 vs Borderlands 3. which will be better game overall? (59 votes)

RAGE 2 36%
Borderlands 3 64%
No Caption Provided

Or

No Caption Provided

hello friends,

So borderlands 3 just announced and they both most likely coming in 2019. which one you think will be a better game overall?

imo it will be easily Rage 2. better shooting and movement and no RPG elements are enough to consider it a better of 2. as i always think borderlands games were kind of bad. plus id software are better than gearbox.

both series are similar and many people has been comparing it. even Rage 2 resemble borderlands alot due to almost similar style.

so my friends, lets vote and discuss which will be better of 2.

• 
mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I'm voting for Borderlands 3 just because I know that's your most hotly anticipated game. :D

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Not really excited for either, but would probably be most likely to buy borderlands of those two

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@mandzilla said:

I'm voting for Borderlands 3 just because I know that's your most hotly anticipated game. :D

im not expecting Rage 2 to be masterpiece. but a game that fill a gap until a real masterpiece (Doom Eternal) release.

just expecting it to be fun open world FPS game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I think RAGE 2 will be a better game in that it will be more polished and have better gameplay. But I might enjoy Borderlands 3 more, since I can play it with my friends. We'll see..

BL3 looks pretty identical to BL2 in its' visuals, which was a bit lame. And even in that trailer I could see imperfects in animations, just like the other two BL games. I hope they improve upon #3 more than what that trailer suggests. I especially hope they improve the gunplay. In the BL games, it feels pretty crappy. Not very good when you spend 98% of the time shooting things.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Where is my brothers in arms?

Anyway, both games are pretty meh at this point for me. Last great open world game Avalanche has made was back with Just Cause 2.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Borderlands 3 not cause it will be better, but I will have fun with friends. I hope they keep the pvp as it was. Having a duel over gear was so fun which is why i never played destiny and don't care for anthem.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever
@R4gn4r0k said:

thats what i was hoping. its been in development since 2015. and still no news. everytime randy said we are not ready to announced it.

i think either its cancelled or they have no idea what to do. since after the success of borderlands. they only want to make loot xp shooters.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

I think RAGE 2 will be a better game in that it will be more polished and have better gameplay. But I might enjoy Borderlands 3 more, since I can play it with my friends. We'll see..

BL3 looks pretty identical to BL2 in its' visuals, which was a bit lame. And even in that trailer I could see imperfects in animations, just like the other two BL games. I hope they improve upon #3 more than what that trailer suggests. I especially hope they improve the gunplay. In the BL games, it feels pretty crappy. Not very good when you spend 98% of the time shooting things.

but Rage 2 focus on single player and single player always been better than MP and Coop.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Borderlands 3 is my most anticipated game

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mandzilla  Moderator

@ghosts4ever: Both look very fun to be fair. I'd be more inclined towards Rage 2 also since I've never been a big fan of looter shooters, but I'm guessing they'll score pretty evenly.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

thats what i was hoping. its been in development since 2015. and still no news. everytime randy said we are not ready to announced it.

i think either its cancelled or they have no idea what to do. since after the success of borderlands. they only want to make loot xp shooters.

Which is a shame because I thought Borderlands 2 was one of the most boring games I've played.

I love other Gearbox games like the Half Life Expansions and Brothers In Arms, but with Borderlands being such a success, they are going for the one thing that is making them loads of money.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I doubt I will get either of them, but Borderlands 3 seems more interesting to me simply because I could play it with my friends. We had a great time with BL2 at the time.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Which is a shame because I thought Borderlands 2 was one of the most boring games I've played.

I love other Gearbox games like the Half Life Expansions and Brothers In Arms, but with Borderlands being such a success, they are going for the one thing that is making them loads of money.

there was a brothers in arms 4 which was like borderlands before it got cancelled and they say they were making authentic BIA game.

yeah borderlands 2 was incredibly boring, and dull. its one of the most unfun game of last gen. the shooting just suck. Rage 2 looks like if borderlands was good game.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Both look extremely boring.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

there was a brothers in arms 4 which was like borderlands before it got cancelled and they say they were making authentic BIA game.

yeah borderlands 2 was incredibly boring, and dull. its one of the most unfun game of last gen. the shooting just suck. Rage 2 looks like if borderlands was good game.

Well, the shooting and powers in RAGE 2 look like fun, but for all we know the open world could be filled with boring sidequests and capturing the same outpost over and over again ala Far Cry.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

BL3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rage Who? :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

I think both look quite good but I would say that I’m more interested in Borderlands 3 and think it’ll probably be the better game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Rage 2 looks better. But both look like they will suffer from extreme repetition. Every Borderland game has this, and Rage 2 rather than a tight experience will try to compete with shit like Far Cry where it's padded out for the sake of padding.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Rage 2 looks better. But both look like they will suffer from extreme repetition. Every Borderland game has this, and Rage 2 rather than a tight experience will try to compete with shit like Far Cry where it's padded out for the sake of padding.

except Rage 2 wont be boring because it has fast movement and Doom like shooting.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

Rage 2 looks super fun with nice creative kills. Borderlands saving grace is 4 player coop with long game length.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It's much more likely that Borderlands 3 will be on the Epic games store so there is no way I'm going to hyped for it. Bethesda have confirmed Rage 2 for Steam, so Bethesda = good guys (for the time being and ignoring Fallout 76 but I was never interested in that in the first place :) )

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

It's much more likely that Borderlands 3 will be on the Epic games store so there is no way I'm going to hyped for it. Bethesda have confirmed Rage 2 for Steam, so Bethesda = good guys (for the time being and ignoring Fallout 76 but I was never interested in that in the first place :) )

I be very disappointed if Borderlands 3 does end up being Epic timely exclusive despite I stated I don't care where the game goes even though it's on the same PC, I have lots of Borderland/2 achievements on Steam and I can't see Gearbox limiting their fans and Borderlands series did well on Steam. Don't fix if it ain't broken Gearbox.

I also was never interest in Fallout 76 either but Bethesda saw the results for not having Fallout 76 on Steam, so they ain't gonna pull an Epic on Steam.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

except Rage 2 wont be boring because it has fast movement and Doom like shooting.

It's very much a "wait and see".

BOTW done a very good job of highlighting just how lazy other open-world games are.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Single player shooters don't interest me in the least. Give me some four player Borderlands. Love the style and humor of the Borderlands series.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@davillain- said:
@GarGx1 said:

I be very disappointed if Borderlands 3 does end up being Epic timely exclusive despite I stated I don't care where the game goes even though it's on the same PC, I have lots of Borderland/2 achievements on Steam and I can't see Gearbox limiting their fans and Borderlands series did well on Steam. Don't fix if it ain't broken Gearbox.

I also was never interest in Fallout 76 either but Bethesda saw the results for not having Fallout 76 on Steam, so they ain't gonna pull an Epic on Steam.

Not so sure Randy Pervert has been all gushy on Twitter about the Epic games store and Take Two (who are likely behind Outer Worlds going to Epic) own Gearbox. So the chances of Borderlands 3 being an Epic store exclusive are very high.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

colour scheme aside, rage 2 looks pretty decent from the early footage. but spiderman did too. it was only when it released that we found out it was, at heart, a ubisoft open world repetitive grind fest. hopefully r2 doesn't follow suit

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#27 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Borderlands, obviously.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Jacanuk said:

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Bethesda are not making it. avalanche with id software are.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

Bethesda is involved that is enough to stay far far away from it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

bethesda is best publisher this gen.

they bring all thier games to steam when other abondon it. they dont make thier games exclusive on steam.

they publish best game this gen that is Doom and probably going to release future best game this gen that will be Doom Eternal.

they are bad developers but as publisher they have been on roll. and id software touch anything turn into Gold. Rage 2 looks Excellent.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

they bring all thier games to steam when other abondon it. they dont make thier games exclusive on steam.

they publish best game this gen that is Doom and probably going to release future best game this gen that will be Doom Eternal.

they are bad developers but as publisher they have been on roll. and id software touch anything turn into Gold. Rage 2 looks Excellent.

LOL Doom the best game this gen, well at least i now know you are not that serious :)

And Bethesda is not even in the top 100000 of best publishers this gen, they are a scam developer and publisher who live off their success with Skyrim which they keep porting to every imaginable platform because they don´t have the skill to make good games or good new IP´s

Also listening to them at Pax East it explains a lot, Todd Howard is a joke.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Never got into Borderlands, so Rage 2 by default.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

LOL Doom the best game this gen, well at least i now know you are not that serious :)

And Bethesda is not even in the top 100000 of best publishers this gen, they are a scam developer and publisher who live off their success with Skyrim which they keep porting to every imaginable platform because they don´t have the skill to make good games or good new IP´s

Also listening to them at Pax East it explains a lot, Todd Howard is a joke.

Doom is definitely best game this gen and also best FPS of decade too.

i dont care about them as developer or todd howard. but they as publisher are good.

your loss if you are ignoring Rage 2 and Doom Eternal because of bethesda when these 2 looks like 2 of best FPS this year.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mandzilla  Moderator

Wow, Gamespot's 'Borderlands 3's Trailer Didn't Impress Us As Much As We Hoped' video on youtube is getting hammered. 475 ?? and 6.4k ?? That's an angry fan base lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

B3 looks like it's lacking in a modern era graphics-wise, but i'll have a damn sight more fun playing that than Rage 2... Yeah, Rage 2 has improved on the first, but the first was shit, so the bar wasn't set too high.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Rage 2 can't get into cell shaded games.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

The recent trailer hasn't really changed my opinion that both aren't particularly inspiring.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#39 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Borderlands 3 looks more manly and a better game. Rage 2 is for kids who only know how to point and click, and can't handle more gameplay mechanics. Real men with 25 inch large pen.is play Borderlands 3 and save Randy Pitchford's shirtless pic as their desktop wallpaper.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

I'm not sure what the multiplayer plans are for Rage 2, but I'm hoping they revolve around co-op and free, frequently-added content. With that said, I generally play shooters for single-player experiences these days, so I am looking forward to Rage 2 the most.

Borderlands 1 was boring, Borderlands 2 was an improvement, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was a bit of a step back in my opinion. I just find that in the Borderlands games you hit this frequent wall so you have to go back and grind for better gear before you can move on. It's not really skill based, just "can you kill fast enough"-based.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Neither game looks really enjoyable to me, but I prefer shooters to be coop so Borderlands 3 would win by default for me. I like the art style of Rage 2 much more than BL3, but single player shooters quickly become very boring to me. Metro 2033 and Doom 2016 were the last sp shooters I tried to play, and they were both just boring to play. I never beat either game because they felt like a chore to play. Just my opinion though.

Why are rpg elements bad when it leads to progression and character growth in a game? RPG elements can change a game from one playthrough to the next. Just curious.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

Too early to tell, but Borderlands 1 and 2 were MILES better than Rage. So my money is on Borderlands 3. It is also one of my most hyped games at the moment.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk
@mandzilla said:

Wow, Gamespot's 'Borderlands 3's Trailer Didn't Impress Us As Much As We Hoped' video on youtube is getting hammered. 475 ?? and 6.4k ?? That's an angry fan base lol.

No surprise, it´s a really bad video where you have 2 people who probably weren´t even born when Borderlands 1 came out, sit and talk about a game they never even played and also comparing it to Destiny is just funny when Destiny did not even come 5% close to the quality of Borderlands.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#44 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Persona 6

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#45 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

i'll probably have more fun with Borderlands 3 because i'll play through it with friends

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

Honestly at this point I’m over games having loot, crafting and Stats/skill trees rammed in them . So I guess Rage 2 wins?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mandzilla  Moderator

@Jacanuk: Yeah agreed, the points they made in that video did seem overly nitpicky to me. I haven't played Destiny or Borderlands, but the latter is always held in high regard in my experience from people who have played it.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I enjoyed and got 100% in Borderlands one, however I got sick of part 2 during the halfway mark and stopped playing.