Quantum Break and Ryse: 'Cinematic Gaming experience'

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Quantum Break Creative Director, Sam Lake: "This is a revolutionary entertainment experience that combines a cinematic action game and a high quality live-action show".

"For us, this project is a dream come true. We've taken everything we've learned about interactive storytelling from Alan Wake and stylised cinematic action from Max Payne. We've raised the bar much higher and brought these elements together into one game, creating the ultimate Remedy experience." Sorss

Yeah bullshit. Just admit David Cage and Naughty Dogs have inspired you to raise your standards.

"Experience a cinematic adventure that leads you deep into the dramatic world of the Roman Empire." CRYTEK

How.does it feel, Lemmings? To have your Devs making the same kinda games you mocked and called movies?

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

Who cares.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

At least they look good.

No, hang on...

At least one of them looks good.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Wait, I thought Microsoft were the innovators. What happened?

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Quantum Break Creative Director, Sam Lake: "This is a revolutionary entertainment experience that combines a cinematic action game and a high quality live-action show".

"For us, this project is a dream come true. We've taken everything we've learned about interactive storytelling from Alan Wake and stylised cinematic action from Max Payne. We've raised the bar much higher and brought these elements together into one game, creating the ultimate Remedy experience." Sorss

Yeah bullshit. Just admit David Cage and Naughty Dogs have inspired you to raise your standards.

"Experience a cinematic adventure that leads you deep into the dramatic world of the Roman Empire." CRYTEK

How.does it feel, Lemmings? To have your Devs making the same kinda games you mocked and called movies?

Lems all of a sudden love cinematic games. How sad

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Ryse is very goood and remedy will deliver awesome game with qb. Will outscore the order and cows will cry hi

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yeah, it's not like they made 3rd person shooters or games that focused on storytelling before.

This looks like a Remedy game. And getting inspired by David Cage will never raise anyone's standards.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@XBOunity said:

Ryse is very goood and remedy will deliver awesome game with qb. Will outscore the order and cows will cry hi

4/10

Cows will cry hi?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 John_Matherson

@freedomfreak said:

Yeah, it's not like they made 3rd person shooters or games that focused on storytelling before.

This looks like a Remedy game. And getting inspired by David Cage will never raise anyone's standards.

Freedomfreak in my thread? I'm honored. And you do realize Quantic Dream always live up to their words right? With their reputation their next ps4 game will graphically destroy anything on the x1

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@John_Matherson said:

Freedomfreak in my thread? I'm honored. And you do realize Quantic Dream always live up to their words right? With their reputation their next ps4 game will graphically destroy anything on the x1

They should try and get some good writing going on. I couldn't care less about it destroying anything on X1 graphically, when the game suffers from the same old contrived David Cage writing.

As far as this graphics superiority thing goes, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

It's bad news indeed. I can't stand these experiments in merging video games and movies. I haven't seen a developer do a good job of it yet.

Well... Beyond Good and Evil (2003) may have been the best attempt I've seen.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John_Matherson

@freedomfreak said:
@John_Matherson said:

They should try and get some good writing going on. I couldn't care less about it destroying anything on X1 graphically, when the game suffers from the same old contrived David Cage writing.

As far as this graphics superiority thing goes, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Well, I'd have to disagree. I think his games are niche and he pulls it off quite well.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

It's like you've never played a Remedy game before.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 John_Matherson

@heretrix said:

Don't change or spin the the OP. I'm not addressing Remedy or insulting their game making ability; couldn't care less. I'm addressing lemmings directly.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Sony already done that with God Of War, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted.

Welcome to Last Gen, Lemmings.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Quatum Break looks cool actually, want to play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

Don't change or spin the the OP. I'm not addressing Remedy or insulting their game making ability; couldn't care less. I'm addressing lemmings directly.

Then this thread should be locked because it's not fanboy wars

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Ughh... Uneasy about this.

Though Sam Lake, unlike David Cage, can at least write his way out of a paper bag.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 John_Matherson

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

But it is still system wars because PS3 games were mocked and called Movies and now the X1 is getting these games...Pretty ironic don't you think? Besides...Wouldn't care if it got locked anyway.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Lol now lems think movie games are good. Typical.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

@JohnF111 said:

I love it when lemmings flip flop.

Lemmings Then : It's not about exclusive, it's about Multiplatform games.
Lemmings Now : It's about exclusive, it's not about multiplatform games.

Lemmings Then: I don't wanna no QTE in my games
Lemmings Now: What's wrong with QTE? QTE makes the game immersive.

Lemming Then: I don't want a movie game, I want gameplay.
Lemmings Now: What's wrong with a game with cinematic experience? It will expand the story and characters.

Lemmings Then: Multiplatform games look better on Xbone.
Lemmings Now: It doesn't whether it looks better on Playstation 4. Most gamers can't even tell the difference.

Lemmings Then: Eyetoy is so dumb and such a gimmick, no one is going to buy those eyetoy games.
Lemmings Now: Kinect is awesome and innovation, it's the future. Sony thinks backwards, Microsoft thinks ahead.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 John_Matherson

@JohnF111 said:

lol Lems hate confrontation. They'll avoid this thread like a Justin Beiber concert.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Have you ever thought of taking anger management classes? You are one angry dude.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@XBOunity said:

How is Ryse good again?

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Trying to reach for dat Uncharted crown eh? Not happening!!!

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 John_Matherson

@PannicAtack said:

@XBOunity said:

How is Ryse good again?

Wha??? There are many ways in which Ryse is good.

1. Teh Grafix

2. He's a lemming...

3. He's a lemming...

4. I'm pretty sure he's not a cow

5. I'm pretty sure he's not a sheep

6. He can't be a crab

7. He's a lemming.

Just to list a few.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

I don't know? How does it feel to finally have features on a sony platform that Xbox has had for nearly a decade? Your recycled XBL features are a weak knockoff lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@PannicAtack said:

Ughh... Uneasy about this.

Though Sam Lake, unlike David Cage, can at least write his way out of a paper bag.

Also this. Having anything David Cage writes be classed as good is laughable.

He gets by for being in a medium where story telling by and large is crap, doesn't automatically make him good

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

But it is still system wars because PS3 games were mocked and called Movies and now the X1 is getting these games...Pretty ironic don't you think? Besides...Wouldn't care if it got locked anyway.

Again, it's like you've never played a Remedy game before. Their style is NOT new. It's kind of a moronic point you are trying to make. Remedy makes action games with a cinematic bent and the developers said they are going to push THAT.

Their games are not "QTE" fests like Heavy Rain or contain 40 minute cutscenes like MGS 4 (loved both games BTW). So it's pretty stupid to call their games movies.

If you've ever played a Remedy game before you'd know that their games tend to lean more on the gameplay side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@heretrix said:

@John_Matherson said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

@heretrix said:

Again, it's like you've never played a Remedy game before. Their style is NOT new. It's kind of a moronic point you are trying to make. Remedy makes action games with a cinematic bent and the developers said they are going to push THAT.

Their games are not "QTE" fests like Heavy Rain or contain 40 minute cutscenes like MGS 4 (loved both games BTW). So it's pretty stupid to call their games movies.

If you've ever played a Remedy game before you'd know that their games tend to lean more on the gameplay side.

They're actually one of the few devs to have a great balance of both

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 John_Matherson

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

I don't know? How does it feel to finally have features on a sony platform that Xbox has had for nearly a decade? Your recycled XBL features are a weak knockoff lol.

LMAO, how does it feel to go a whole gen with rarely any exclusives and to not get any 10s or GOTY? How does it feel to know your platform is the laughing stop of the web? How does it feel to know that the only thing unique to your platforms were stupid here and there components Sony could have just added with a firmware update? How does it feel to not know the meaning of standards and qulity?

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

A live-action movie 'eh? Can't say I feel bad about missing out on this "gem".

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#33 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Poor lems. All they have to play this gen are poor movie wannabe's. And nowhere as good as Sony masterpieces like The Last of Us and Uncharted. LOL

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrXboxOne

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

LMAO, how does it feel to go a whole gen with rarely any exclusives and to not get any 10s or GOTY? How does it feel to know your platform is the laughing stop of the web? How does it feel to know that the only thing unique to your platforms were stupid here and there components Sony could have just added with a firmware update? How does it feel to not know the meaning of standards and qulity?

If by exclusives you mean the Halo franchise which has sold more then all naughty dog games, God of War franchise and infamous franchise combined? I feel pretty damn good about that. If by exclusives do you mean Gears of War franchise, which has also sold more then ALL naughty dog games combined? again I feel pretty damn good. If by exclusives do you mean Fable series, which has sold more then the God of War franchise? Once again I feel pretty damn good. If by exclusives do you mean the Forza franchise that has sold more then infamous? then once again I feel pretty damn good.

My platform is the laughing stop of the web? If by laughing stop (I hope you meant stock), do you mean The One? which currently has the best exclusive games of next gen? Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and the only AAAE for next gen Forza all scoring better then Killzone? Or that Ryse, Zoo Tycoon and LocoCycle scoring better then Knack?

Actually, if by laughing stop(?) do you mean my overpriced PS4 that's best game is a indie sidescroller my iphone can run?

However, if by standard you mean the fact that The One is setting standards for its graphics, games, gameplay, features and entertainment that sony is trying to copy? then Yes. The one is the next gen standard.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 John_Matherson

LMAO your post is so full of shit that I don't even know if I should respond. What should I expect from Mr. Xboxone?

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

If by exclusives you mean the Halo franchise which has sold more then all naughty dog games, God of War franchise and infamous franchise combined? I feel pretty damn good about that. If by exclusives do you mean Gears of War franchise, which has also sold more then ALL naughty dog games combined? again I feel pretty damn good. If by exclusives do you mean Fable series, which has sold more then the God of War franchise? Once again I feel pretty damn good. If by exclusives do you mean the Forza franchise that has sold more then infamous? then once again I feel pretty damn good.

My platform is the laughing stop of the web? If by laughing stop (I hope you meant stock), do you mean The One? which currently has the best exclusive games of next gen? Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and the only AAAE for next gen Forza all scoring better then Killzone? Or that Ryse, Zoo Tycoon and LocoCycle scoring better then Knack?

Actually, if by laughing stop(?) do you mean my overpriced PS4 that's best game is a indie sidescroller my iphone can run?

However, if by standard you mean the fact that The One is setting standards for its graphics, games, gameplay, features and entertainment that sony is trying to copy? then Yes. The one is the next gen standard.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

Gran Turismo has outsold every Halo game and is a bigger franchise than Halo. Cry some moar. Bungie left you guys and is now making exclusive content for PS4. Xbone doesn't have shit but the multiplatform Titanfall that will sell better on 360 and PC. Lemmings are starved for exclusives and haven't had a quality AAA game since 2011. You guys haven't had a GOTY since 2006 and 360 never had a 10/10 game. Naughty Gods, Santa Monica, Media Molecule alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MS Studios. It's funny you mention scores but none of MS game studios have matched anything from these three Sony studios and PD outsells anything on XBox with GT so in reality you guys don't have shit lol.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 John_Matherson

@I_can_haz said:

@mrxboxone said:

Gran Turismo has outsold every Halo game and is a bigger franchise than Halo. Cry some moar. Bungie left you guys and is now making exclusive content for PS4. Xbone doesn't have shit but the multiplatform Titanfall that will sell better on 360 and PC. Lemmings are starved for exclusives and haven't had a quality AAA game since 2011. You guys haven't had a GOTY since 2006 and 360 never had a 10/10 game. Naughty Gods, Santa Monica, Media Molecule alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MS Studios. It's funny you mention scores but none of MS game studios have matched anything from these three Sony studios and PD outsells anything on XBox with GT so in reality you guys don't have shit lol.

So much ownage in one post : )

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Lemmings are starved for exclusives and haven't had a quality AAA game since 2011.

Forza 5? Also, AAA kinda defines "quality," considering it's a 9/10 game.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 John_Matherson

@lundy86_4 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Lemmings are starved for exclusives and haven't had a quality AAA game since 2011.

Yeah you managed to squeeze out a 9. Boo hoo.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lundy86_4

@John_Matherson said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Yeah you managed to squeeze out a 9. Boo hoo.

No, I didn't. The X1/Turn10 did... The PS4 did not.

Good to see that your only comeback was pathetic as **** lol.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

Gran Turismo has outsold every Halo game and is a bigger franchise than Halo.

Love how cows don't have a clue.

Gran Turismo:61.4 million unit sold spread between 15 games=average 4.09 million sales per game.

Halo:50 million units(number year out of date) between 8 games=Average 6.25 million per game.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 John_Matherson

@Newhopes said:

@I_can_haz said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

@John_Matherson said:

Gran Turismo has outsold every Halo game and is a bigger franchise than Halo.

Gran Turismo:61.4 million unit sold spread between 15 games=average 4.09 million sales per game.

Halo:50 million units(number year out of date) between 8 games=Average 6.25 million per game.

You do realize that the fact that such an average cookie cutter shooter like Halo selling that much is part of the reason why people think lemmings have neither taste nor standards right? Halo only became popular because it came out on the xbox console and was better than anything ever seen on consoles for multiplayer. XBL was built on a trendy outburst and continues to be supported by trendy outburst. You lems' excitement for Titanfall is just another proof of those. To everyone else titanfall looks like Halo+Cod on steroids. To lemmings, it looks like the second coming of Christ.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

LOL and GT isn't a cookie cutter racer, please make me laugh more.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@Newhopes said:

You do realize that the fact that such an average cookie cutter shooter like Halo selling that much is part of the reason why people think lemmings have neither taste nor standards right? Halo only became popular because it came out on the xbox console and was better than anything ever seen on consoles for multiplayer. XBL was built on a trendy outburst and continues to be supported by trendy outburst. You lems' excitement for Titanfall is just another proof of those. To everyone else titanfall looks like Halo+Cod on steroids. To lemmings, it looks like the second coming of Christ.

Come on John.........

You are a bright poster on this forum, please don't say things like Halo is cookie cutter it makes you seem ordinary and diminishes your contributions. Halo set the standard for modern console shooters.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

You do talk some BS about Remedy. Have you ever played any of their games? All their games since the first Max Payne have raised the bar in their respective genres, Remedy is one of the best studios out there.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrXboxOne

@John_Matherson said:

@I_can_haz said:

@mrxboxone said:

So much ownage in one post : )

Actually there is zero ownage do to the fact that Halo 3 has sold 13 million copies and GT5 has only sold 10 lol.

So the fact still remains that Xbox has 4 of the top 5 selling franchises.......OUCH!

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 John_Matherson

@Newhopes said:

LOL and GT isn't a cookie cutter racer, please make me laugh more.

LMAO!!! GT is part of what Sony games are known for, and that's setting, breaking, and then rebuilding new standards.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Besides your mind, where did this come from? They are taking gameplay akin to Max Payne and the storytelling akin to Alan Wake and combining them in order to achieve the experience they are building for Quantum Break.

How does Naughty Dogs factor into this at all?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 John_Matherson

@kuu2 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Newhopes said:

Come on John.........

You are a bright poster on this forum, please don't say things like Halo is cookie cutter it makes you seem ordinary and diminishes your contributions. Halo set the standard for modern console shooters.

Halo will always be an overrated trend in my eyes and this is just my opinion. and I'm sorry but yes it is a FACT that Halo paved the way and gave online shooters and FPS a voice on consoles, but I'm sorry I'll always find games like Half-Life, Quake, Doom, FEAR, and other older PC shooters more influential than Halo. I'm sorry but the only thing I see that halo did for consoles was that it paved the road and formed a foundation, aside from this, in terms of setting standards and things like that...I don't really see it. I'm sorry. I just don't. Bu that's just me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lundy86_4

@John_Matherson said:

LMAO!!! GT is part of what Sony games are known for, and that's setting, breaking, and then rebuilding new standards.

... With standard cars.