Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

It'll probably end up on consoles, but that's not bad. How is that bad?

As long as it doesn't lead to the game being simplified and slowed down to fit controller-play, it's not bad.

There's a reason the new DOOM MP took massive shit from pc players, as it was literally a watered down version of Quake Live, slowed down, loadouts etc.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@mjorh said:

“We are not planning on making a console version. We want no excuses, no limitations,” Willits said.

Truth has been spoken.

Willits said. “I love our console fans, I'm not shutting the door on consoles"

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

No single-player? Shame.

Also, gotta love the argument going here on what shooters are "manly and mature." Keep at it, in no way does it make you reek of insecurity.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@mjorh said:

“We are not planning on making a console version. We want no excuses, no limitations,” Willits said.

Truth has been spoken.

So it seems PC gamers will get screwed for an audience that won't buy it in droves and abandon it for the next CoD, Halo, and Battlefield in a few months.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@the_master_race said:
@mjorh said:

Truth has been spoken.

So it seems PC gamers will get screwed for an audience that won't buy it in droves and abandon it for the next CoD, Halo, and Battlefield in a few months.

Nah, its being designed for PC first and foremost, which is what is most important. A later port is no issue.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Doom's fast paced and it's on consoles. However this is just a rare chance for PC elitists to play the childish console boy's song that happens so often. "we got an exclusive..hahahah" kind of thing.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Doom's fast paced and it's on consoles. However this is just a rare chance for PC elitists to play the childish console boy's song that happens so often. "we got an exclusive..hahahah" kind of thing.

Have you played Doom on PC? Just because there's a console version of Doom doesn't mean it plays exactly the same as the PC version.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59402 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Unfortunately victimized weeping won't stop the reality of Doom's multiplayer being terrible or consoles unable to cope with real fps.

Loading Video...

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

And you suddenly think Quake Championships MP won't be horrible too? How the **** would you know how great it's going to be or not?

@lordlors said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Have you played Doom on PC? Just because there's a console version of Doom doesn't mean it plays exactly the same as the PC version.

Of course. I'm around half way through, played it this morning in fact. But I think you made my point, a Quake championship on console doesn't have to play exactly the same either does it? Those are two separate servers they would be playing on, not some PC vs console crowd. If you want to play the selfish elitist attitude like the others is fine but the fact is, if Doom's faster pace can be played fine on console, then so would Quake, even if they slowed that version down to which I don't seriously think that's necessary. I've played UT 3 with a 360 controller and did quite well in matches against other PC players anyway.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

And you suddenly think Quake Championships MP won't be horrible too? How the **** would you know how great it's going to be or not?

@lordlors said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Of course. I'm around half way through, played it this morning in fact. But I think you made my point, a Quake championship on console doesn't have to play exactly the same either does it? Those are two separate servers they would be playing on, not some PC vs console crowd. If you want to play the selfish elitist attitude like the others is fine but the fact is, if Doom's faster pace can be played fine on console, then so would Quake, even if they slowed that version down to which I don't seriously think that's necessary. I've played UT 3 with a 360 controller and did quite well in matches against other PC players anyway.

I think others have seen what my point is.

@zaryia said:

Even if this does end up going to consoles, which no real pc gamer minds, it is important that this was designed solely for PC from the get go.

This has huge design implications, especially for shooters. Designing around KB/M rather than Fumblesticks is great.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#61 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I wonder how much it'll look/play like Doom multiplayer.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#62 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10592 Posts
@musicalmac said:

Hopefully very little. No loadouts, no gimmicky and unbalanced power-ups, just grab a rocket launcher and start shooting.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

If they're going after the esports scene, then a PC only shooter might be okay. Look at CS:GO, dead on consoles and only gets updates on PC.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Like Xcom 2 exclusive?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Like Xcom 2 exclusive?

and that game was designed for PC first..that's really the only thing PC gamers want.

doesn't matter if its stays exclusive or not..

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ant_17

@lawlessx said:
@Ant_17 said:

Like Xcom 2 exclusive?

and that game was designed for PC first..that's really the only thing PC gamers want.

doesn't matter if its stays exclusive or not..

Don't give me that humble line.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70550 Posts

@mjorh said:

Truth has been spoken.

What bunch of bullshit. No limitations? LOL. There is always limitations. This proof that that believe PC gamers are morons.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

@uninspiredcup said:
@primorandomguy said:

@lordlors: Just too much negativity. They're games people. Putting Quake on consoles would in no way affect the PC version.

Quake required the player to make 180 degree turns mid air with a rail gun.

Yes it would.

A button can do that. It has been done in other games. So that features is not handicapped by consoles. The only valid argument would be speed of gameplay. Thats it. Not specs or some other nonsense.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 uninspiredcup

Lots of jealously - but this is expected, those who aspire always hate those who have aspired.

In many ways, we should be thankful for pc gaming.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@primorandomguy said:

Good God PC fanboys are intolerable. Console peasants? I hate this place so much lol.

calm down dear, not everyone can be master race.

Ugh I hate that term.....considering what it actually means....nonetheless the best gamers have multiple platforms.....not one.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zaryia

@Ant_17 said:

Like Xcom 2 exclusive?

Exactly like Xcom 2 exclusive. Fortunately, It was designed exclusively for PC only in mind from the very start, just like this game will be. And that is the key. As It's been stated like 20 times in this thread if you bothered to read it, being designed for PC(KB/M) first is important because it has huge design implications. Especially in strategy and fps games. Keep up dude.

Being ported to console later on is not the issue to PC gamers. Our high scoring library is so vastly bigger this gen than any other system that we are not bothered by this as far as SW goes. Now when a fps or strategy game is also made for a controller/console from the very start, this can raise some flags due to how it can potentially effect the gameplay.

Now no one has to worry about bad UI, slow paced combat, and crappy hitboxes on launch. Although the class system leaves me worried, but that is an absolutely different discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pedro

@uninspiredcup said:

Lots of jealously - but this is expected, those who aspire always hate those who have aspired.

Actually console gaming has push PC gaming. Review your history.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Pedro said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Actually console gaming has push PC gaming. Review your history.

Getting angry about it won't stop me being right.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ant_17

@zaryia said:
@Ant_17 said:

Like Xcom 2 exclusive?

Exactly like Xcom 2. It was designedexclusively for PC only in mind from the very start, just like this game will be. And that is the key. As It's been stated like 20 times in this thread if you bothered to read it, being designed for PC first is important because it has huge design implications. Especially in strategy and fps games. Keep up dude.

How can you not understand by now being ported to console later on is not the issue to PC gamers? Our library is so vastly bigger this gen than any other system that we are not bothered by this. Now when a fps or strategy game is also designed for a controller/console from the very start, this can raise some flags due to what it means towards the gameplay functions.

The hell are you on about?

Who cares that it's made for you picky plebes?

The fact your excuses are now are either "console port" or "kb/m ftw" is sad.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic

@howmakewood said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

As long as it doesn't lead to the game being simplified and slowed down to fit controller-play, it's not bad.

There's a reason the new DOOM MP took massive shit from pc players, as it was literally a watered down version of Quake Live, slowed down, loadouts etc.

Why is it beyond the realm of possibility to create a game with controllers in mind after doing it with k/m? I like using a controller even on PC.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#76  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mjorh said:

Truth has been spoken.

What bunch of bullshit. No limitations? LOL. There is always limitations. This proofthat thatbelieve PC gamers are morons.

What are you trying to say? having a stroke or sth? :D

This proves that PC gamers are such a delight* - there you go , thank me :P

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zaryia

@Ant_17 said:
@zaryia said:
@Ant_17 said:

Like Xcom 2 exclusive?

Exactly like Xcom 2. It was designedexclusively for PC only in mind from the very start, just like this game will be. And that is the key. As It's been stated like 20 times in this thread if you bothered to read it, being designed for PC first is important because it has huge design implications. Especially in strategy and fps games. Keep up dude.

How can you not understand by now being ported to console later on is not the issue to PC gamers? Our library is so vastly bigger this gen than any other system that we are not bothered by this. Now when a fps or strategy game is also designed for a controller/console from the very start, this can raise some flags due to what it means towards the gameplay functions.

The hell are you on about?

Who cares that it's made for you picky plebes?

The fact your excuses are now are either "console port" or "kb/m ftw" is sad.

Why can't you understand such a simple thing?

If its designed for us "picky plebes"(KB/M) first, there is a vastly less chance of an abomination of a UI, slow paced thumbstick gameplay, and shit hit boxes. Why is this such a hard fact to grasp?

There is no point in this discussion, QC is already being designed for PC first and foremost, so any fear of the above occurring is minimized. Just like with XCOM 2. We got our way. A console port later down the road is no issue. I hope you guys can play it. I don't care about that petty games count metagame, PC is so far ahead in that category your little "Like Xcom2 exclusive?" pot shot was laughable.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 uninspiredcup

Even Warren Spector walked out on stage and admitted Dues Ex and Thief became shit because of consoles.

Loading Video...

When the developer himself walks on stage and says "console are shit and made your games shit thanks to greedy Publishers" console gamers should at least have the dignity to concede it has been a detriment to complex, nuanced games rather than continue to spout the same old - worn baseless excuses.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic

@uninspiredcup: That tells me the devs weren't very good.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@howmakewood said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Why is it beyond the realm of possibility to create a game with controllers in mind after doing it with k/m? I like using a controller even on PC.

Oh it's possible, devs just never bother, it's either tuned for controller or mouse+kb. I was also talking about competitive fps games in mind.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#81 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@musicalmac said:

Hopefully very little. No loadouts, no gimmicky and unbalanced power-ups, just grab a rocket launcher and start shooting.

There's some truth in that, actually. There are quite a few rocket-happy players out there. Though I'm pretty sure there are custom loadouts, unless we're talking about different things. Either way, I enjoy Doom's multiplayer. I'm not too srs, though.