PSVR just getting started

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@daniel_su123 said:

@sirk1264: the problem is that no one wants to be tethered to a VR headset to anything. It's impractical and using external sensors is also a terrible setup.

IMO. Standalone HMDs with inside out tracking with the ability to tether to a PC is the future of VR and will get it more accepted by others.

Currently Valve is in denial about a standalone future and talks about 'house scale' VR where everybody else has skipped to Inside Out tracking

Let he tell you SteamVR or Oculus Home are NOT user friendly. The platform has so many limitations on what you can do. Heck you can't even multi task in this OS you can't even open a browser and look at Twitter at the same time.

There is literally one cord connecting the PSVR headset to the breakout box. If you can't deal with the strain of one measly cord, I don't know what to tell you, dude. And as for the tracking, Sony has patented and is working on a new sonar pulse system.

So.....???? It doesn't solve one of the biggest problems VR has at the moment. No one wants to be tethered to a console or PC. People would rather have VR HMDs that are portable, the one big problem is that VR UIs is barebones in functionality. If you want to have people actually enjoy VR. They should be able to use VR like a 3D Desktop.

But does that Sonar Pulse system beat HoloLens tracking though?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@daniel_su123 said:

@sirk1264: the problem is that no one wants to be tethered to a VR headset to anything. It's impractical and using external sensors is also a terrible setup.

IMO. Standalone HMDs with inside out tracking with the ability to tether to a PC is the future of VR and will get it more accepted by others.

Currently Valve is in denial about a standalone future and talks about 'house scale' VR where everybody else has skipped to Inside Out tracking

Let he tell you SteamVR or Oculus Home are NOT user friendly. The platform has so many limitations on what you can do. Heck you can't even multi task in this OS you can't even open a browser and look at Twitter at the same time.

There is literally one cord connecting the PSVR headset to the breakout box. If you can't deal with the strain of one measly cord, I don't know what to tell you, dude. And as for the tracking, Sony has patented and is working on a new sonar pulse system.

So.....???? It doesn't solve one of the biggest problems VR has at the moment. No one wants to be tethered to a console or PC. People would rather have VR HMDs that are portable, the one big problem is that VR UIs is barebones in functionality. If you want to have people actually enjoy VR. They should be able to use VR like a 3D Desktop.

But does that Sonar Pulse system beat HoloLens tracking though?

I see you've elected yourself as the spokesperson for what people want with VR.

Go to PSVR reddit. You'll find a ton of people happy with their purchase, my friend. Bottom line, a cord is a cord. It's not too much to deal with. These are the early days of (publicly available) VR. It is the way things must be until the tech is upgraded.

EDIT: Yes. The new tracking system Sony is working on should be phenomenal, seeing as the present tracking is very good, and Sony is basing the new design on a Vive-like architecture for tracking, which is excellent.

Hololens? Are you serious? We're talking about commercially available products here, guy. Not some far-off dream of MS.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@reduc_ab_ said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd: Those games aren't out yet, you're an idiot lol. If you're gonna bash something at least do some research first.

really?

which ones released last year and which ones will come out this year?

Did you even read my post? I provided two lists, one of PSVR games available now, the other of upcoming games. Sheesh. Fanboys. You guys either pull facts out of your ass to fit your agenda, or else you harp on one little detail to fit your agenda and refuse to look at the actual facts.

Anyway. Here, for your viewing pleasure, I will provide, once again, a list of awesome looking upcoming PSVR games, all of which are set to come out this year. There are over 200 devs working on games for the PSVR right now. You can look at the videos I've posted above to see some gameplay, and I'll add a few more games to the list--those you can look up yourself for gameplay vids (though I know you won't because it doesn't fit your agenda).

Farpoint

The Persistence

Statik

Star Trek Bridge Crew

Syren

Dreadhalls

Starblood Arena

P.O.L.L.E.N.

ARK Park (for a younger audience)

Ace Combat 7 (AWESOME)

GT Sports VR

Megaton Rainfall

Golem

GNOG

Arizona Sunshine

Symphony of the Machine

..........and the list goes on. Do your homework before you shitpost, dude.

you provided two lists? nah....

you provided one list and threw everything together.

but thanks for actually making a real list this time of what's coming...

--yea i wouldn't want to shitpost in system wars! let's keep the quality content on here shitpost free.--

---

anyway i think all the games on that list are made by indie developers. which is pretty much the equivalent of bragging about indies on the vita or n switch or ps4.

there is a reason VR games don't get mentioned much and that's because its mostly unknown indie developers making this game....

very few AAA developers on VR....like capcom, EA, rockstar, ubisoft...

i mean if people are buying this thing for indie games i see the same fate and cult following as the vita.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@reduc_ab_: I'd also like to chime in that if you also go to the oculus forums there are a ton of people happy there as well. Don't know why Daniel_Su123 thinks everyone hates VR in its current form. Many like it the way it is right now which includes me.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

@Gatygun: you are right VR is expensive but I believe it will get cheaper over time. Oculus just dropped the price of the rift plus touch bundle to 600 dollars which is only a 100 more than the PSVR bundle. However you still need to build a decent computer which can be pretty expensive and you would still need to buy a PS4 if you don't have one. I have a rift and it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. It isn't heavy either. And what worse flaws does it have compared to 3D? My experience has been flawless.

Price isn't it's main issue. The tech itself is which is flawed.

The screen needs to be bolted on your head, there is no way to communicate with other people visually, there is no way to check your mobile or other things around you. It's also extremely bad for your eyes to have 2 screens burning on your eye lids for hours long without outside light. It a next step on 3D in every way on negative impacts.

3D biggest flaw was it's glasses. Nobody wants them, then the eye strain or headics from having objects poke into your brain 24/7 for a lot of people didn't work.. VR is just a step further on it and not even on a possitive way.

I already predicted 3D to fail hard, because that tech was utterly flawed in every way. then VR popped up which made the same mistakes but enhanced it another 10 times.

Even if VR was free, it would still not be picked up by most people or avoided because of this very reason. Because VR on mobile is practically free already. Yet not much people will adopt it.

All the implementations that i see for it, just feel unnatural or going out of the way to showcase something that could have been done easier and faster otherwise.

VR will work if:

1) i don't have to trap a device on my head

2) it completely replaces my desktop monitor or tv screen for gaming with as much support as a normal screen would have

3) its the same price range, and has no negative performance impact t.o.v. another screen.

4) it allows me to move in a space without falling over or being hindered or having issue's with orientating in my own home ( wireless absolute must )

5) makes me able to communicate on the fly with friends next towards me or other people around me

6) doesn't burn my eye balls in

Sadly, this isn't going to happen, because the tech simple isn't going to give this.

VR is your next 3D hype fed by struggling technology company's that try to get sales moving with new technology. It's not a improvment forwards from screen tech. And it will therefore not be standard or something people will still be using in a couple of years.

It also is heavily handicapped by software support much like 3D was.

It can be used for specfic type of solutions, same goes for 3D but frankly that's not what's going to sell it's tech to the masses and therefore become absolete for those company's.

The real tech i see moving forwards = holograms. and frankly we won't see that anytime soon.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd: Those games aren't out yet, you're an idiot lol. If you're gonna bash something at least do some research first.

really?

which ones released last year and which ones will come out this year?

Did you even read my post? I provided two lists, one of PSVR games available now, the other of upcoming games. Sheesh. Fanboys. You guys either pull facts out of your ass to fit your agenda, or else you harp on one little detail to fit your agenda and refuse to look at the actual facts.

Anyway. Here, for your viewing pleasure, I will provide, once again, a list of awesome looking upcoming PSVR games, all of which are set to come out this year. There are over 200 devs working on games for the PSVR right now. You can look at the videos I've posted above to see some gameplay, and I'll add a few more games to the list--those you can look up yourself for gameplay vids (though I know you won't because it doesn't fit your agenda).

Farpoint

The Persistence

Statik

Star Trek Bridge Crew

Syren

Dreadhalls

Starblood Arena

P.O.L.L.E.N.

ARK Park (for a younger audience)

Ace Combat 7 (AWESOME)

GT Sports VR

Megaton Rainfall

Golem

GNOG

Arizona Sunshine

Symphony of the Machine

..........and the list goes on. Do your homework before you shitpost, dude.

None of these games even come close to 1, 2 Switch quality

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I have an actual habit of drinking so I passed on VR until it is actually worth something.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

They should have named it "Flappy Birds VR"

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#60  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

PSVR please die. And RE7 isn't a good game no matter what you play it with. Gimmick short braindead easy game with almost no enemies. REmake 2 please... dualshock 4 and im all set!

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/27/sony-playstation-vr-nearly-one-million-sales.html

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I haven't seen anything outside of tech demos yet. It's found a place with survival horror, but it seems like a thing to get that just for a genre or two. I'm not buying the hype, I don't see anything coming of it.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#63 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Keep saying it, I'm a sucker for VR and really really wanted to buy this. It' just the support for it is horrible and the alternatives are soo much better even when the PSVR is cheaper.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70109 Posts

PSVR - Playstation Virtually Reckt.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#65  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

In 2 days I get to try out (PS)VR for the first time ever :D

I'm probably the most excited about VR of everyone I know and I am the only one who never had the opportunity to try it before XD It's in public and I'm very shy... I am a little concerned about looking like a fool. Somehow being unable to see other people and potentially losing control over your body like center of gravity makes it even more stressful. But whatever, I really want to try it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/27/sony-playstation-vr-nearly-one-million-sales.html

Good God almighty, PSVR is on a ROLL guys.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

fanboys might suck sony's ***** but the tech for VR is still years away.

When you are having a screen this close to your face 4k-120fps is needed for optimal experience.(and this goes for vive too)

GPU are years away from having that much processing power and besides by that time 8k is going to be the next standard.