PSVR just getting started

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

with quality games like this coming to the system. it can't fail.

then you got the long list of other huge quality games coming.
consisting of?

PSVR have dominate.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KBFloYd

here is some actually gameplay. for all the people curious

Loading Video...

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

So glad I cancelled my preorder. Its possibly a bigger flop than ps move. RIP psvr.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

It's not particularly exciting. RE7 was cool, and so was Dirt: Rally. But the other stuff I played felt like short tech demos.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

i have to echo gertsmann's take on vr: there isn't a piece of software that makes me say "yeah, this is it. this is what vr can do to advance gaming." everything looks/feels like a proof of concept.

i think it would be wise for these companies that already have so much invested into vr to realize that the best market for this stuff is live entertainment and movies/tv. i still don't know how espn or anybody really have yet to place cameras (or w/e necessary equipment) on like a courtside spot for an nba game or something like that. people would surely pay for that experience and you could deliver that feed to everyone. something like that would be awesome

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@22Toothpicks: I mean... did he play RE7? lol

That right there is proof enough that devs can do great things with it. The real question is how much do devs want to risk it, since despite the better than expected sales it's not like they have a massive userbase to play with. The RE7 method is actually the best solution IMO. Design the game taking VR into account from day 1, BUT make it fully playable without VR too.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

PSVR is hot heat. The only flop around here is Xbone which got outsold by PS4 2 to 1. It's more likely that the Xbox brand gets discontinued before PSVR does. Stay Jelly.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@Desmonic:

oh he made that comment prior to it's release. i'm sure he's played it lol

i wish i had the means to give it a shot. i've only played a few games on the vive and was left very unimpressed. honestly, re7 had slipped my mind but, yeah, it seems to be that benchmark game the peripheral so dearly needs.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@KBFloYd:

Looks like a Switch game.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Sadly VR will never be a think at the current stage. To expensive, nobody wants a device strapped on there head. It's has even worse flaws then 3D when you think about it.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

PSVR lol

Kinect 3.0, my PS4 no need.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

Mighty Scorpio AR MonsterBox is where it's at baby. :P

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lrdfancypants

@SecretPolice:

That would be neat if it looked like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

here is some actually gameplay. for all the people curious

Loading Video...

I'd say quacknight will be rubbing on out once he sees this video lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice

@lrdfancypants said:

@SecretPolice:

That would be neat if it looked like that.

MS already demoed it at last years E3 I think. The live Minecraft demo was nothing short of amazing. :D

But I really like the idea of stuff like this...

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@SecretPolice: they better make a Star Wars chess game Luke and Obi played

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lrdfancypants

@SecretPolice:

Yeah, tabletop games would be cool. RTS as well.

The only thing is field of view which I'm sure will improve on the next iteration.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

Yeah ... except that's a concept image from Hololens, absolutely sweet FA to do with Scorpio.

Also the Minecraft demo at last years E3 ... was Hololens, again, nothing to do with xbox or Scorpio

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice

@lrdfancypants:

What they're demoing is TV. You can place a virtual TV anywhere in your home and manipulate on a table top. That's an actual live football game going on. :o

Good stuff. :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SecretPolice

@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

Yeah ... except that's a concept image from Hololens, absolutely sweet FA to do with Scorpio.

Also the Minecraft demo at last years E3 ... was Hololens, again, nothing to do with xbox or Scorpio

Hahaha, dat insecurity lol Xbox, Scorpio and Hololens, hmmmm, what do they all have in common I wonder?

Here's a small hint because I'll only give you two letters, ready, set, go.... MS..... :P

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

That game looks boring as hell. Rather play robo recall on the oculus rift rather than this crap.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RedentSC

@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

Hahaha, dat insecurity lol Xbox, Scorpio and Hololens, hmmmm, what do they all have in common I wonder?

Here's a small hint because I'll only give you two letters, ready, set, go.... MS..... :P

You clearly don;t know me buddy. I'm hyped as hell for Hololens, i think it will become ambiguous within a decade, probs replacing smartphones once its down to Google Glass size.

I just know that for the next 5 years at least (MS have stated this themselves) its going to be mainly for industry. and although consumers can purchase, it won't be a gaming system. the Minecraft demo was literally that, a demo.

As for insecurity? na but i have nowt to be insecure about, i just use common sense and well, yiou know, MS's own words... and don't rely on assumptions :)

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sirk1264

@Gatygun: you are right VR is expensive but I believe it will get cheaper over time. Oculus just dropped the price of the rift plus touch bundle to 600 dollars which is only a 100 more than the PSVR bundle. However you still need to build a decent computer which can be pretty expensive and you would still need to buy a PS4 if you don't have one. I have a rift and it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. It isn't heavy either. And what worse flaws does it have compared to 3D? My experience has been flawless.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice

@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

You clearly don;t know me buddy. I'm hyped as hell for Hololens, i think it will become ambiguous within a decade, probs replacing smartphones once its down to Google Glass size.

I just know that for the next 5 years at least (MS have stated this themselves) its going to be mainly for industry. and although consumers can purchase, it won't be a gaming system. the Minecraft demo was literally that, a demo.

As for insecurity? na but i have nowt to be insecure about, i just use common sense and well, yiou know, MS's own words... and don't rely on assumptions :)

Oh cool, you seemed to miss the connection wondering what Scorpio had to do with Hololens and me being the helpful SP I am was just helping you connect the dots. lol

Also, Hololens games and gaming apps are being deved as we speak but don't tell'em da SP told you so, that pesky NDA and all. :P

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RedentSC

@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

Oh cool, you seemed to miss the connection wondering what Scorpio had to do with Hololens and me being the helpful SP I am was just helping you connect the dots. lol

Also, Hololens games and gaming apps are being deved as we speak but don't tell'em da SP told you so, that pesky NDA and all. :P

Oh i have no doubt they are working on stuff for hololens, just don't expect it to connect to Scorpio in anyway shape or form. They have Occulus for their VR experience this gen.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#27 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

It is just getting started. With one game that's actually good in RE7.

Gotta start somewhere. Maybe this year it will get its second game that's not just a glorified tech demo.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice

@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:

Oh i have no doubt they are working on stuff for hololens, just don't expect it to connect to Scorpio in anyway shape or form. They have Occulus for their VR experience this gen.

Ummm, okay, VR is not AR in any shape, manner or form and let's just say E3 could be fun and full of surprises. :P

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RedentSC

@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:

Ummm, okay, VR is not AR in any shape, manner or form and let's just say E3 could be fun and full of surprises. :P

Oh i agree, AR and VR are two totally different beasts, but it just doesn't make financial sense to sell two (essentially competing products) for the same system, that ontop of MS's already stated plans for this to be Industry only for at least the next few years, and you have your confirmation that Hololens will not be connected to Scorpio ... besides that Hololens is a stand alone system, does not require a "base station" to run, so it doesn't need Scorpio

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sirk1264

@SecretPolice: I'm hoping there are some surprises at E3. There's so much potential in AR and VR. I got a taste of VR and now I'm hooked for new experiences in games.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Still better than 1, 2 Switch

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice

@sirk1264: @RedentSC:

It's all good and agreed, agreed, and it's always fun to speculate about E3 stuff and dream a little. lol :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Let me lay it out for you..

bigtime devs will not develop for VR unless there is a crossplay like re7 or the VR headsets itself drastically drops in price

same goes for Oculus and VIVE

hence why all we are getting are short tech demos

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#35  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

you should at least list the games that are coming out for it

http://vrgamesfor.com/platform/ps4/

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

what century were those graphics from

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I don't get that trailer. A group of people all looking like they're having crazy fun but only one person is wearing the VR helmet.

VR doesn't strike me as a big social gaming tool.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sirk1264

@Liquid_: epic games has already developed for the rift. Same goes for insomniac games.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:
@RedentSC said:
@SecretPolice said:

Phffft.. VR is DOA...

Hololens is 3 grand.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

OP mad because Ace Combat wrecks his face.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Well you can't do much when you have only 720p per eye to work with and considering the pathetically outdated piece of hardware powering the 900pStation.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@sirk1264: the problem is that no one wants to be tethered to a VR headset to anything. It's impractical and using external sensors is also a terrible setup.

IMO. Standalone HMDs with inside out tracking with the ability to tether to a PC is the future of VR and will get it more accepted by others.

Currently Valve is in denial about a standalone future and talks about 'house scale' VR where everybody else has skipped to Inside Out tracking

Let he tell you SteamVR or Oculus Home are NOT user friendly. The platform has so many limitations on what you can do. Heck you can't even multi task in this OS you can't even open a browser and look at Twitter at the same time.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sirk1264

@daniel_su123: well I don't know anything about this inside out tracking but I recently got an Oculus rift and my experience has been fantastic. I'm perfectly ok with the current version of VR but if it gets better than great. The only issue I have and it is minor is the cord coming out of the headset. You know it is there and was annoying at first but I got used to it and now don't realize it is there anymore. I also think oculus home is very user friendly. I don't have a hard time at all navigating the menus whether on my PC itself or wearing the HMD. Also I don't think Oculus home is meant to be an OS. It's more of a store front for VR experiences. Unless we are talking about 2 different things here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:

@sirk1264: the problem is that no one wants to be tethered to a VR headset to anything. It's impractical and using external sensors is also a terrible setup.

IMO. Standalone HMDs with inside out tracking with the ability to tether to a PC is the future of VR and will get it more accepted by others.

Currently Valve is in denial about a standalone future and talks about 'house scale' VR where everybody else has skipped to Inside Out tracking

Let he tell you SteamVR or Oculus Home are NOT user friendly. The platform has so many limitations on what you can do. Heck you can't even multi task in this OS you can't even open a browser and look at Twitter at the same time.

There is literally one cord connecting the PSVR headset to the breakout box. If you can't deal with the strain of one measly cord, I don't know what to tell you, dude. And as for the tracking, Sony has patented and is working on a new sonar pulse system.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Still getting more games than the Switch lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@KBFloYd: Gotta love it when a fanboy tries to knock a peripheral he does not own and has never used by calling attention to one game out of a growing library of games. Fanboy is as fanboy does, I suppose.

Anyhow. Here's a brief list of quality PSVR games covering a range of genres, both available now and upcoming. Just to, ya know, balance out the rampant fanboyism going on in this thread.

Resident Evil 7

Loading Video...

Dirt Rally VR

Loading Video...

Rez Infinite

Loading Video...

EVE Valkyrie

Loading Video...

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Loading Video...

Job Simulator

Loading Video...

Here They Lie

Loading Video...

Thumper

Loading Video...

Robinson: The Journey

Loading Video...

DriveClub VR

Loading Video...

Windlands

Loading Video...

.......and much more. Again, these are just brief lists. Now here's a few upcoming titles:

Farpoint

Loading Video...

Star Trek Bridge Crew (not using PSVR in the trailer, but it is coming to PSVR)

Loading Video...

The Persistence

Loading Video...

Statik

Loading Video...

StarBlood Arena

Loading Video...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KBFloYd

@reduc_ab_: oh yea...all those games that came out... Last Year.

my thread is on the wonderful line up in store for PSVR fanboys this year.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@KBFloYd: A lot of those games aren't out yet, you're an idiot lol. If you're gonna bash something at least do some research first.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KBFloYd

@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd: Those games aren't out yet, you're an idiot lol. If you're gonna bash something at least do some research first.

really?

which ones released last year and which ones will come out this year?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd: Those games aren't out yet, you're an idiot lol. If you're gonna bash something at least do some research first.

really?

which ones released last year and which ones will come out this year?

Did you even read my post? I provided two lists, one of PSVR games available now, the other of upcoming games. Sheesh. Fanboys. You guys either pull facts out of your ass to fit your agenda, or else you harp on one little detail to fit your agenda and refuse to look at the actual facts.

Anyway. Here, for your viewing pleasure, I will provide, once again, a list of awesome looking upcoming PSVR games, all of which are set to come out this year. There are over 200 devs working on games for the PSVR right now. You can look at the videos I've posted above to see some gameplay, and I'll add a few more games to the list--those you can look up yourself for gameplay vids (though I know you won't because it doesn't fit your agenda).

Farpoint

The Persistence

Statik

Star Trek Bridge Crew

Syren

Dreadhalls

Starblood Arena

P.O.L.L.E.N.

ARK Park (for a younger audience)

Ace Combat 7 (AWESOME)

GT Sports VR

Megaton Rainfall

Golem

GNOG

Arizona Sunshine

Symphony of the Machine

..........and the list goes on. Do your homework before you shitpost, dude.