PSNow will be the gaming industry's Dropbox competing against Office 365.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

Microsoft kicks off Google 'productivity war' by doubling free OneDrive storage

What happened was Google and Microsoft were in a 'Productivity War'. Google had cheaper Cloud Storage at a cheaper price, however, Microsoft responded by reducing the price and increasing storage and adding Office 365 with 1TB Onedrive storage and introducing Office 365 Personal at $7 Per month. The result at the time was that Google couldn't compete against the value of Office 365 at $7 per month.

I predict the same thing will happen with Xbox Game Pass. Where Microsoft makes the option of Xbox Game Pass have much more value over PSNow, by bundling more and more services into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Can Sony beat, Xbox Game Pass curated content with first party and new games, full Xbox Live Gold and be able to use Game Pass on PC and Console and eventually on XCloud?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Potentially. MS is becoming much more "service-oriented," even within the console space. The consoles are a means to push their services out to non-PC/tablet users, but they seem to still wish to address the power-hungry users.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

You couldn’t have picked a more unclear comparison to analogize.

Also, hasn’t the consensus already established PSNow is a forgettable and largely niche service?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

But, what if you don't care about rental services or cloud solutions or streaming infrastructures and actually want to own your games?

Yeah, that's where I fall.

Fvck all that shit you're trying to make a big deal over.

I can buy those old games offered on rental at a discount, buy indies on sale if they're good and then spend real money when there is actually a great quality game worth playing that those services won't have on launch anyway.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Huh?

Microsoft is offering office for $7 a month? I wish I would have known this. Would have saved a lot of time and effort.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Basinboy said:

You couldn’t have picked a more unclear comparison to analogize.

Also, hasn’t the consensus already established PSNow is a forgettable and largely niche service?

From what I gather, their tech may be more than sufficient now, but it will become outpaced.

If one follows posters here, they would get the idea that PsNow isn't a popular service, but it is in fact the most popular video game streaming service. I am kinda wondering where these people are since I hardly know anyone who uses game streaming services like that, but I guess so.