PSM3: Fallout ps3 version compares poorly to 360/PC version

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Sony-tha-champ0
Sony-tha-champ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 Sony-tha-champ0
Member since 2008 • 3569 Posts

another bad port?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Yeah, I posted this earlier, it's a shame. I'll wait for some more reviews for confirmation but I'm not really surprised. The 360 was the lead console for F 3.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
This game is going to sell more on 360/PC anyway.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Meh. 360 was the lead platform, this was kinda expected, was it not?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
i think the PC was the lead platform and it was just easier to port it to the 360 and the question is did they port it from the PC to the ps3 or did they port it from the PC to the 360 then port it from the 360 to the ps3, this game was designed for the PC so it doesn't suprise me that the 360 version is better, it is the PC's "little brother" after all
Sony-tha-champ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sony-tha-champ0
Meh. 360 was the lead platform, this was kinda expected, was it not?-Sniper99-
erm... no,but on PC-yes
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Well the games not high on my priority list.

Can we have another elder scrolles game now please? :)

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"]Meh. 360 was the lead platform, this was kinda expected, was it not?Sony-tha-champ0
erm... no,but on PC-yes

Every game is made on a PC. They were probably developing this game on the 360 while optimising the 360 build for the PC at the same time.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Meh. 360 was the lead platform, this was kinda expected, was it not?-Sniper99-

well....thats funny that when the PS3 is the lead platform all the versions look identical :P

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
Please tell me there aren't any major issues. I've already got it pre-ordered for PS3, and I don't want to get it for my 360, as my controller is all wonky.
Sony-tha-champ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sony-tha-champ0
Please tell me there aren't any major issues. I've already got it pre-ordered for PS3, and I don't want to get it for my 360, as my controller is all wonky.SSJ_Nega
it only has some graphical issues.well,its fine,but not as sharp as 360/PC
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

This is surprising considering the fact that Oblivion on the PS3 was actually slightly visually improved. Strange.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts

this has to be dumbest thing i have ever heard.

the devs release a ps3 version of obvlivion which was slightly better than the xbox360 version.

and now they release something which is inferior?

wtf??

did they somehow lose their knowledge of how to programme on the ps3 over night or something??

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"]Meh. 360 was the lead platform, this was kinda expected, was it not?PAL360

well....thats funny that when the PS3 is the lead platform all the versions look identical :P

its because its alot easier to port from the PS3 to X360 than the other way around. Maybe in due time when people get used to the PS3 architecture, it will be just as easy to port from X360/PC to PS3 as it is the other way around. Remember when the PS2 came out, games looked like crap because it was hard to work on, on the other hand Xbox games came out looking great from day 1. I hope we see the same improvement on the PS3 as we did on the PS2 :)

As for fallout 3, it looked so boring. The first person shooting looked so dull and boring I almost fell asleep watching the vids :? I hope im wrong, but if its anything like Oblivion, im not gonna buy it. Oblivion had a beautiful world, but the gameplay was boring as hell. I would rather have a small game like GeoW with stellar gameplay than a wide, expansive and beautiful game world with mediocre gameplay like Oblivion. Thats just me though...to people who luved Oblivion, have fun with the game :)

VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"]Meh. 360 was the lead platform, this was kinda expected, was it not?PAL360

Easier to port from PS3 to 360, than the other way around. As for the comment earlier about Oblivion looking better on PS3, while true, the PS3 version was in the oven nearly a full year past the 360 version. Not the case here, obviously. It's really obvious where Bethesda's priorities are, Oblivion looked great on PS3 with time, but sold better on X360, and thats what they really care about.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

This is surprising considering the fact that Oblivion on the PS3 was actually slightly visually improved. Strange.

RuprechtMonkey

They had an extra year to work on the PS3 version of Oblivion, that's why it was better. Anyway, I doubt the difference is really that big. Certainly not to the degree of some of last year's multiplats.

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SSJ_Nega

[QUOTE="SSJ_Nega"]Please tell me there aren't any major issues. I've already got it pre-ordered for PS3, and I don't want to get it for my 360, as my controller is all wonky.Sony-tha-champ0

As long as it's only graphical issues. I can deal with that. I was just hoping there's no framerate problems.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

the devs release a ps3 version of obvlivion which was slightly better than the xbox360 version.

wtf??

did they somehow lose their knowledge of how to programme on the ps3 over night or something??

superjim42

Time constraints is my thought. They wanted to release them at the same time and it would probably have taken them more time to bring it up to X360/PC levels, so they opted to release aa crap port than to hold back all the games for a few more months on account of 1 system. Thats just my guess :P

Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

wtf??

superjim42

It's really strange. I don't know if this is true but if it is i won't be buying.

Sony-tha-champ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sony-tha-champ0

[QUOTE="Sony-tha-champ0"][QUOTE="SSJ_Nega"]Please tell me there aren't any major issues. I've already got it pre-ordered for PS3, and I don't want to get it for my 360, as my controller is all wonky.SSJ_Nega

As long as it's only graphical issues. I can deal with that. I was just hoping there's no framerate problems.

that Might too,but read that MAG again,so far its only graphics,dnt worry
superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts
[QUOTE="superjim42"]

wtf??

II_Seraphim_II

Time constraints is my thought. They wanted to release them at the same time and it would probably have taken them more time to bring it up to X360/PC levels, so they opted to release aa crap port than to hold back all the games for a few more months on account of 1 system. Thats just my guess :P

that is just dumb. and bad business the ps3 has a good install base now and they want to disregard them? launching a crappy port is what ubisoft does/did.

what happened to you bethesda. i doint care if they had to work on them at the same time. if infinity ward can do it with cod4, aheck if EA!!!! of all ppl EA with deadspace can do it then a talented team like bethseda should be able to!

no excuses. the devs suck if this is proven true from all other sources

rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts

wtf??

superjim42

They did had time to polish the game for the ps3. Maybe now with 3 systems to work with one at least is inferior. I was always wondering on the pc game I was wrong. Does the PC version has dx10?

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Who cares the game is horrible anyways...
Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="superjim42"]

wtf??

superjim42

that is just dumb. and bad business the ps3 has a good install base now and they want to disregard them? launching a crappy port is what ubisoft does/did.

what happened to you bethesda. i doint care if they had to work on them at the same time. if infinity ward can do it with cod4, aheck if EA!!!! of all ppl EA with deadspace can do it then a talented team like bethseda should be able to!

no excuses. the devs suck if this is proven true from all other sources

Yeah, it shows something is wrong if EA can do a better multiplatform than Bethesda.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

wtf??

superjim42

Yeah! Lets just forget about the extra year of development they had with the PS3 version of Oblivion. I mean that couldn't have possibly had anything to do with the PS3 version being MARGINALLY better could it?

Nah.

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SSJ_Nega
[QUOTE="SSJ_Nega"]

[QUOTE="Sony-tha-champ0"][QUOTE="SSJ_Nega"]Please tell me there aren't any major issues. I've already got it pre-ordered for PS3, and I don't want to get it for my 360, as my controller is all wonky.Sony-tha-champ0

that Might too,but read that MAG again,so far its only graphics,dnt worry

Ok, thanks.:)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

RuprechtMonkey

that was due to development time..nothing to do with the ps3's hardware.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

lawlessx

That's my point though, they already spent all that time getting that version of the Gamebryo engine working on the PS3 as it did with Oblivion. I thought Fallout 3 was using that same engine.

ozmatic77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ozmatic77
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
im gonna wait for more sources...ign said the ps3 version ran exactly like the other versions...if it is true though i'm sure they're ain't going to be a major difference.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
If the differences are only marginal then this won't be a deal breaker for me. It does seem a little odd that many other multi-platform developers can put out games that look the same on both platforms, yet Bethesda (a quality dev IMO, but then again, I'm not much of an RPG fan :P) can't manage that.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

RuprechtMonkey

That's my point though, they already spent all that time getting that version of the Gamebryo engine working on the PS3 as it did with Oblivion. I thought Fallout 3 was using that same engine.

It's a modified version of that engine. Perhaps most of the optimization time went to the 360/PC since the platforms are interchangable..
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Well IGN had thier time with the PS3 version and from I read its just fine. Ill bet the 360 version will look a tiny bit better,but nothing huge. Kinda how like oblivion and dmc4 looked better on PS3 if you looked hard enough.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

If only ps3 fans accept the ps3 has an inferior hardware. All this wondering (and long winded excuses) on why multiplats look worse on ps3 would come to an end.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

The only reason Oblivion on the PS3 looks better than the 360 version is because it released a year late. And even then, a patch was brought out for the 360 version so those differences are very slight. Its more the install that makes the bigger differences.

ANYWAY, i expected so much. And with the exclusive DLC on the 360 version, its definitely the one to get.

EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts
Give them another year and it will be better on the PS3. :lol:
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

Wow. It looks like they've sweetened the deal for 360/PC owners then with this snub. I don't know why they would do that, maybe it's the completely different architecture & design tools & there is no time to refine it before release? I'm looking forward to F 3...I need a good WRPG to experience.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

If only ps3 fans accept the ps3 has an inferior hardware. All this wondering (and long winded excuses) on why multiplats look worse on ps3 would come to an end.

Mystery_Writer

Thats why Dead Space looked horrible on PS3:roll:. Dont be a fanboy dude.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

Who cares the game is horrible anyways...MojondeVACA

We have a winner.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
Meh, I probably won't even notice it... They greatly exaggerate these sort of things.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Yeah, PS3 only owners should treat multiplats like a box of chocolates, you never know how inferior they are. ;)

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Still no videos of the PS3 versions?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
"action packed as a Call of Duty game".. Yeah that sums it up nicely, a PoS rpg game that tries to make it seem "cool" with some action that looks pathetic on video.
aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

Well IGN had thier time with the PS3 version and from I read its just fine. Ill bet the 360 version will look a tiny bit better,but nothing huge. Kinda how like oblivion and dmc4 looked better on PS3 if you looked hard enough.finalfantasy94

dmc4 looks better on 360. 360 version has x2 msaa, while ps3 version uses an inferior aa technique that blurs the whole screen.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Well the games not high on my priority list.

Can we have another elder scrolles game now please? :)

NinjaMunkey01

I pre-orderedFallout 3 butI have to agree with this.

Magic + Swords >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Guns + Technology

aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

Oblivion 360 is an early 360 game, and does not look very good by todays standards. ps3 oblivion is improved in some ways, but downgraded in other areas compared to 360 version.

Fallout3 360 version looks much better than oblivion 360 version.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

That's frikin hilarious

PS3 still getting the worst evrsions of games. Power of the cell

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

Who cares the game is horrible anyways...MojondeVACA

I agree with this lemming.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

"Fallout 3 is as action-packed as a Call of Duty game".

I'm a PC gamer and I say WHAT.THE.HELL? :(

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
As long as the game runs well and has no significant graphical problems, i can live with it.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
I think plenty of eyes will be drawn to the large quote "Fallout 3 is as action packed as a Call of Duty game".