PS5's Game Boost feature allows 60fps gaming for Ghost of Tsushima and possibly many others...

• 96 results
LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Plus all of your PS4 game saves for GoT will be supported your PS5 plus it will also load it a lot faster. Sounds like PS5's Game Boost might be a game changer.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ghost-of-tsushima-will-be-playable-on-ps5-with-60fps-via-game-boost

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69786 Posts

Game changer? That's an odd thing to say especially when the sentiment among Sony loyalists is that no one buys a new console to play old games. Not sure how playing old gamers better is a game changer for Sony fans.

Outside of that, I hope that the game boost is not game dependent and that all PS4 games benefit from it.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

That makes me re-think getting a digital PS5, since most of my PS4 titles are on disc.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro  Online

@briguyb13: Why did you get the digital if your games are on disc?

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Pedro said:

I haven't... yet. I want to switch to digital next gen, but this makes it harder lol.

I guess I'll just spend the extra $100 and still go digital next gen with PS5 titles.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:

Game changer? That's an odd thing to say especially when the sentiment among Sony loyalists is that no one buys a new console to play old games. Not sure how playing old gamers better is a game changer for Sony fans.

Outside of that, I hope that the game boost is not game dependent and that all PS4 games benefit from it.

Thats not our sentiment that is a FACT backed by the 2 best selling platforms this gen which non feature BC at all.

And one came even years after the xbox one and already top it.

You are drinking to much corporate cool aid.😂😂😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro  Online

@tormentos: You have no idea how pathetic you have become. Its not even funny anymore. 😐

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39220 Posts

So upgrade wise, the ps5 is doing the minimum, just like the PS4 pro?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Nice. Haven't got to play that game yet. Guess I'll wait.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

So you mean I can spend another 500 bucks to play a game at 60 FPS? Sounds eerily similar to something I've always did.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LouiXIII

@Pedro said:

Simple. We now know that the PS5 has the ability to enhance the overall gaming experience of certain older titles and GoT is a big (and well received) title. One of the biggest Series X/S features that's promoted is that they'll not only play games from previous generations, but they'll also enhance them in certain ways. Now we know that the PS5 will be capable of the same which is definitely a game changer for people trying to decide whether or not to go digital or standard (gamers like @briguyb13).

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Sounds like a good reason to replay the GOTY again.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LouiXIII
@briguyb13 said:
@Pedro said:

I haven't... yet. I want to switch to digital next gen, but this makes it harder lol.

I guess I'll just spend the extra $100 and still go digital next gen with PS5 titles.

This is why I don't like to assume. You make an ass of yourself lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pedro  Online

@briguyb13 said:

Both companies should explore physical to digital conversion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Ah so old games are good again to cows.

#movinggoalposts

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LouiXIII
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Thats not our sentiment that is a FACT backed by the 2 best selling platforms this gen which non feature BC at all.

Just give him a pack a peanut butter crackers and he might go away. Trolls love those things xD

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

It will already be an old game. Why would you even bother? (using Sony fanboy logic when playstation exclusive games come to PC) :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro  Online
@louixiii said:

Simple. We now know that the PS5 has the ability to enhance the overall gaming experience of certain older titles and GoT is a big (and well received) title. One of the biggest Series X/S features that's promoted is that they'll not only play games from previous generations, but they'll also enhance them in certain ways. Now we know that the PS5 will be capable of the same which is definitely a game changer for people trying to decide whether or not to go digital and standard (much like @briguyb13).

The hardware always had the ability. I don't think that was in in question. What is still in question is whether or not this Game Boost is on by default for all BC games. If its done in the same manner as the Pro in which select titles with a patch takes advantage of the newer hardware then its a bust. If its similar to the Series and One X then its definitely a major plus but still not a game changer. I don't think anyone is going to buy the PS5 purely because of this feature.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LouiXIII

@i_p_daily said:

#movinggoalposts

GoT just released this July. I wouldn't call that old just yet...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro  Online

@louixiii said:

Remember, your faction made it clear that they are buying the PS5 for new games that are not possible on the PS4 and not current gen games that are upscaled. If you are saying something different, note that you are contracting the precedence set by the Sony fannies.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44304 Posts

Well that didn’t take long for backwards compatibility to become a plus again. 😅

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

Simple. We now know that the PS5 has the ability to enhance the overall gaming experience of certain older titles and GoT is a big (and well received) title. One of the biggest Series X/S features that's promoted is that they'll not only play games from previous generations, but they'll also enhance them in certain ways. Now we know that the PS5 will be capable of the same which is definitely a game changer for people trying to decide whether or not to go digital and standard (much like @briguyb13).

The hardware always had the ability. I don't think that was in in question. What is still in question is whether or not this Game Boost is on by default for all BC games. If its done in the same manner as the Pro in which select titles with a patch takes advantage of the newer hardware then its a bust. If its similar to the Series and One X then its definitely a major plus but still not a game changer. I don't think anyone is going to buy the PS5 purely because of this feature.

Yet you failed to mention that for most, it'll decide whether they'll purchase the digital or the standard model. That IS a game changer. Heck, they fact that it's BC with every PS4 less 10 is a game changer too because initially it was reported that only a few hundred games would be ready at launch but the PS4 library consist of 2,900+ games...

For many, that's a game changer as well.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@tormentos: "Thats not our sentiment that is a FACT backed by the 2 best selling platforms this gen which non feature BC at all."

To be fair, MS added BC way too late. The gen was already over. MSoft dug their own grave with that god awful reveal.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro  Online

@louixiii said:

Yet you failed to mention that for most, it'll decide whether they'll purchase the digital or the standard model. That IS a game changer. Heck, they fact that it's BC with every PS4 less 10 is a game changer too because initially it was reported that only a few hundred games would be ready at launch but the PS4 library consist of 2,900+ games...

Its not a game changer. As you have stated, a person who is already going to purchase a PS5 may reconsider the digital version IF there games are physical but its not going to change whether or not a person purchases a PS5 or not. Its is clear to me that you don't know the meaning of the phrase.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

Remember, your faction made it clear that they are buying the PS5 for new games that are not possible on the PS4 and not current gen games that are upscaled. If you are saying something different, note that you are contracting the precedence set by the Sony fannies.

My faction? I guess this is what happens when you spend more time in SW than actually gaming xD

Anyway, I speak for me and me only. Personally, BC doesn't make or break my decision but for others, I'm sure it does. I must admit, upping the frame rate of a previous game is a great idea. Unlike most PS owners, I commended MS for that move. Same for the Zeni move and despite what you may believe, I own an Xbox too but...I own over 90 physical PS4 titles so if Game Boost will boost the performance of all of those games, that's impressive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro  Online
@louixiii said:

My faction? I guess this is what happens when you spend more time in SW than actually gaming xD

Anyway, I speak for me and me only. Personally, BC doesn't make or break my decision but for others, I'm sure it does. I must admit, upping the frame rate of a previous game is a great idea. Unlike most PS owners, I commended MS for that move. Same for the Zeni move and despite what you may believe, I own an Xbox too but...I own over 90 physical PS4 titles so if Game Boost will boost the performance of all of those games, that's impressive.

SW is my time waster in between compilation. 😁

It is good move regardless of allegiance. BC matters and consoles should offer benefits to older games like PCs. After all they are using the same tech. This newer approach for BC is unlike previous BC in consoles in which the games just played identical to the previous console, even the Pro did that shit which was really disappointing. So, this move is great. I just hope its doesn't turn out to be like boost mode on the Pro.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

Its not a game changer. As you have stated, a person who is already going to purchase a PS5 may reconsider the digital version IF there games are physical but its not going to change whether or not a person purchases a PS5 or not. Its is clear to me that you don't know the meaning of the phrase.

You say it's not and I say that it is. I guess we're at a stale mate lol

Game Changer - an event, idea, or procedure that effects a significant shift in the current manner of doing or thinking about something.

If Game Boost enhances more games than we think then yes, it may cause some people to rethink their purchase. We already know one person has...isn't that right assumption junction?

Apparently you're the one that didn't know what the word meant but please, continue to justify being incorrect. It's actually pretty entertaining :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pedro  Online

@louixiii said:

Game Changer - an event, idea, or procedure that effects a significant shift in the current manner of doing or thinking about something.

If Game Boost enhances more games than we think then yes, it may cause some people to rethink their purchase. We already know one person has...isn't that right assumption junction?

Apparently you're the one that didn't know what the word meant but please, continue to justify being incorrect. It's actually pretty entertaining :)

I know the meaning of the word and even when you presented the definition you still didn't get it. 🤷🏽‍♂️

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

SW is my time waster in between compilation. 😁

It is good move regardless of allegiance. BC matters and consoles should offer benefits to older games like PCs. After all they are using the same tech. This newer approach for BC is unlike previous BC in consoles in which the games just played identical to the previous console, even the Pro did that shit which was really disappointing. So, this move is great. I just hope its doesn't turn out to be like boost mode on the Pro.

In all fairness I'll agree with you on that. Though for me it's not a deal breaker BUT I think it's great to have a machine that plays every game in that ecosystem. I didn't own a Pro so I can't really speak on Pro features. I refused to support mid-gen upgrades. I saw it as a cash grab so I stuck with my OG PS4 and XBO. They both play DOOM at 60fps and PS4 played SFV which are the 2 games I played the most this gen.

And yes, it will be nice if it's each game. If they take a pick and choose approach...it'll take away from the actual feature but they're pushing it for a reason...

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

I know the meaning of the word and even when you presented the definition you still didn't get it. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Well it did change his mind so...

Let's just agree to disagree ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro  Online

@louixiii: I don't want you to falsely believe that this is a matter of opinion because it really isn't. But, you are free to believe what you want to believe, its the in thing these days. 😉

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LouiXIII

@Archangel3371 said:

Well that didn’t take long for backwards compatibility to become a plus again. 😅

It wasn't so much about BC itself because they already announced that but Sony never stated whether the PS5 would enhance older games. That's something different. Enhancing frame rates and overall fidelity is nice. If this is for ALL PS4 games, then I'll actually play Infamous:SS just to play it at 60fps.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro  Online

@louixiii said:

It wasn't so much about BC itself because they already announced that but Sony never stated whether the PS5 would enhance older games. That's something different. Enhancing frame rates and overall fidelity is nice. If this is for ALL PS4 games, then I'll actually play Infamous:SS just to play it at 60fps.

This is not true

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers. link

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:

@louixiii: I don't want you to falsely believe that this is a matter of opinion because it really isn't. But, you are free to believe what you want to believe, its the in thing these days. 😉

Well what's the definition of a game changer? Was the definition I posted incorrect? Did it not change someone's way of thinking about something? If the answer is yes then for somebody out there, it is a game changer. It may not be that way for you and I but for others, I'm sure it will be. Honestly, if this is across the board (which I doubt for other reasons), it'll definitely change my way of thinking as well. For example...if Game Boost allows me to play DOOM 2016 and Eternal at 120fps...I'm definitely playing those games again when I normally wouldn't. Or say my SFV saves transfer and it enhances my overall experience playing SFV by reducing lag, that's a game changer. Normal BC is cool...but enhanced BC is something I'd definitely be interested in.

Anyway, I don't expect you to agree but it's already changed one mind.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

This is not true

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers. link

Nice! I don't think I read that article. Thanks

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#36  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1179 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Nice. Haven't got to play that game yet. Guess I'll wait.

You should be in for a treat then imo. GoT gets even better after you grind for around 15 hours, although aside from the cheesy intro the game is always pretty good. You get a hilarious move after 15 hours, etc.

As for 60fps sounds good although I don’t think I have ever played a game in 60fps so I’m a noob when it comes to that.

MS may have Bethesda, but Sony has SuckerPunch which have come into their own with Ghost of Tsushima.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@louixiii said:
@i_p_daily said:

#movinggoalposts

Well in a month this gens games will be considered old as next gen games become new, fairly simple concept to understand me thinks :)

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LouiXIII

@i_p_daily said:
@louixiii said:
@i_p_daily said:

#movinggoalposts

Well in a month this gens games will be considered old as next gen games become new, fairly simple concept to understand me thinks :)

Alright. I'll give you that one but still a lot of people are playing GoT. I didn't get it yet because I've been stuck in DOOMville but it's on my list. Now that I know it's 60fps on PS5, I'm waiting to play it on that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39220 Posts

At least give me 60fps perfectly stable with 4k native on god of war. If Sony doesn't, i am suing them.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#40 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

Nice news good for Sony to spend some time on this. Just a small wish, I hope Sony suddenly remember's there are PSN PS1, PS2 and PSP games that people bought on PS3, PSP and Vita and I hope they can do BC for those games. Even phone nowadays able to run the mentioned console games at locked 60fps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@louixiii said:
@i_p_daily said:
@louixiii said:
@i_p_daily said:

#movinggoalposts

Alright. I'll give you that one but still a lot of people are playing GoT. I didn't get it yet because I've been stuck in DOOMville but it's on my list. Now that I know it's 60fps on PS5, I'm waiting to play it on that.

Are they though? Its a Sony game so once you finish it you pretty much trade it in and move on.

See everyone that comes here is put into a faction, and you lean heavily towards Sony, so a cow, and cows have stated the day MS announced BC that they don't new consoles to play old games, so cows shouldn't care about this, even though we know they do lol.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

typical sony...arrive at the party when everyone is leaving

hah

what next to reveal a uhd player hah

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45252 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

I wasn't aware that a game that came out in June is considered old 😄

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Console gamers: 30FPS is more than enough and 60FPS is a waste of resources!

Also Console gamer: Game boost is a game changer, we can now play games at 60FPS!

You guys are hilarious.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45252 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Console gamers: 30FPS is more than enough and 60FPS is a waste of resources!

Also Console gamer: Game boost is a game changer, we can now play games at 60FPS!

You guys are hilarious.

Lol, have fun playing Minecraft in 8k 240FPS with your 3090. I'm sure you'll get a real kick out of it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro  Online

@SolidGame_basic: Or playing Horizon Zero Dawn in actual 4k and at 60fps.😎

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5987 Posts

thats impossible, I was told save games couldn't go across.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Did the game have an unlocked frame rate before?

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I’ll say this. I haven’t played ghost of Tsushima yet and I’ll wait till I get a PS5 to play it. It will be better that way getting 4K 60.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Good that Sony is doing this instead of listening to demented fanboys that don't even play their games. Thanks MS for setting new industry standards.