jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

IMO, PS5 marketing/PR has been all over the place and not good, with inconsistent/confusing messaging. They have not been aggressive with their marketing. Game reviews still not out even a day before launch. Sackboy (no review) had it's online multiplayer delayed, Godfall is looking to get medicore marks and Destruction Allstars was delayed completely. Not to mention, the hype for next gen died off pretty quickly or me when PS games like Miles Morales, Sackboy and Horizon Forbidden West were announced as also coming to the PS4 in my living room. But hey, at least Demon's Souls is getting remade and launching day one, right?

However, Xbox is equally as awful, if not worse. They've done good with their PR and giving you cuddly feelings with their campaigns and partnerships but they still have absolutely nothing to offer the consumer that Sony doesn't. Their big play is Gears Tactics which is a game that is already available on PC as well as coming to their last gen platforms. They're also getting a Tetris game that has been available on PC and PS4 for years. And of course, their one big power play for launch was delayed indefinitely: Halo Infinite. They also have a game called "The Falconeer" but it seems to be small and irrelevant as I can't find much information at all on this game (it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page). Hardly a reason to jump into next gen.

I guess if you want to dip into next gen for a cheap price of $300 to play current and upcoming third party titles then I could see how Xbox Series S could be a good fit for you.

I really hope Microsoft doesn't continue to suck as bad as they did during the Xbox One gen. It's bad for PS and for the industry in general. We saw how cocky and arrogant Sony got with the PS3's first few years after Microsoft and Nintendo basically bent over to them. I don't want to see that happen again.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Fur chur. lol :P

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

What!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jcrame10

@SecretPolice: dunno what that means but here you are again, just trolling and posting gifs and memes without ever adding anything to a post. If you ever get a real job one day I’d love to see you in a meeting and all you’d say is “goo goo ga ga” lmao!!!

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Not sure Sony or MS want to go with the marketing idea of

"Hey we are bad but the other guy is worse!" 😁

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jcrame10

@regnaston: 2016/2020 US elections in a nutshell

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Meh. I’m very satisfied with the games coming out at launch for the Xbox Series X to want to get the system myself. I don’t care if they are “exclusive” or not, I just want good games to play on a system that I want to play them on. In that case the XSX fits the bill nicely for me.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@jcrame10:

Here, hold that ring and I'll jump though it...

lol :P

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@jcrame10: LOL true

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, it looks like both Sony/MS didn't want to overhype next-gen consoles as they were going to be limited supplies. No point in hyping next-gen consoles.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10

@Archangel3371: genuine question...do you not currently own a PC, Xbox One or PS4? Why would you not just buy the multiplat games coming out this year and next on one of those platforms instead of spending money on a PS5 or new Xbox

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@jcrame10: I have a PC but it’s like 15 years old if not older so that’s not really an option. Just not interested in gaming on the PC these days anyway.

I do have an Xbox One but the new more powerful hardware is simply much more attractive to me. I’d much rather play on that for all the improvements I can get out of it on the games I want to play.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#13  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

There are no system seller games at launch, but the hardware itself should be exciting to console gamers. Much better CPU, decent GPU, SSD, HDMI 2.1 features, backward compatibility and ability to play old games at higher frame rates and resolutions, etc.. XSX and PS5 are actually offering a quality experience for a change. This is good stuff. The next-gen games will come.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Sure seems like a severe case. 😂

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@Pedro said:
@SecretPolice said:

Sure seems like a severe case. 😂

Can you guys rebuttal any of the points brought up in this topic? Or no and that's why you have nothing to say?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I'm actually going to buy a PS5 and Xbox Series X just to play Xbox One and PS4 games on. I was at the store yesterday looking for Xbox Series X and I almost got one at 2 stores, was only a few minutes late they said. I have about 12 PS4 games and 6 Xbox One games and I'm buying PS5 and Series X just to get a better framerate on the games. I know it sounds like a waste of money, but gaming is something I'm ok with wasting money on. I'm usually pretty frugal and smart with money, but I can make an exception for gaming. If a next gen game comes out that I want, I'll buy it, but so far nothing looks interesting to me at all.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

SeX doesn't need a system selling game to be successful at launch.

GamePass with EA access is ridiculous.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I saved my own launch by holding off on a variety of games it's something I shouldn't have to do they should have new games for the new system.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Sony: bad launch

Microsoft: Terrible launch

Nvidia 3000 series: Paper Launch

AMD Zen 3: 9000 queue launch

So....which launch is bad now?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@jcrame10: The big play isn't Gears Tactics, it's gamepass....which includes Gears tactics.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@jcrame10 said:

Can you guys rebuttal any of the points brought up in this topic? Or no and that's why you have nothing to say?

I don't waste time rebutting fanboy's opinions. 😎

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Filthy lemming here saying yes it was awful, torture actually. I get it delivered, hook it up real quick, get everything calibrated perfectly, but then everything just freezes, I am stuck, going nowhere. The system is fine BTW, but I am not. I can't make up my mind, and I am overwhelmed with options. I already had a gargantuan library and I want to see how many of these games play with the BC features, and then there's the games that got Series X|S updates I wanna check out, then there's the slew of new additions to Game Pass, and then there's the new releases on the store. As far as buying new games goes I want em all, Yakuza Like A Dragon, AC Valhalla, Dirt 5, and I don't know why but Watchdogs Legion, and have to restrain myself from buying them quicker than I can play them. Besides, waste of money (Black Friday just around corner), plus I am going to run out of room on my internal SSD before I know it, plus when am I gonna have time with Gears Tactics and that Destiny update and I was in the middle of my RDR2 playthrough when the doorbell rang and goddamnit, it is so overwhelming. One at a time, must finish Observer System Redux first. Anyhow, I don't just feel like I have a brand new console, I feel like I have a brand new TV with how this system is taking the HDR to task. I am giddy on a disgusting consumer high and I feel like my inhibitions are on life support and I am about to go down a rabbit hole and that's both scary and exciting.

https://youtu.be/ErikzANkxwE

If Sony gamers are going to assert they got it better on PS5, nobody with either system should be a sourpuss right now.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

PS5 has the best launch lineup in recent history. XSX doesn't have a lineup.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@jcrame10: imagine buying a console that potentially catches on fire, and on top of that has no new games to play? I can’t believe I ordered 2!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@phlop_spencer: You need to stop spreading misinformation bud.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@phlop_spencer: Imagine spreading fake news that gets locked on the same site that already debunked it. You're a special person, aren't you?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

However, Xbox is equally as awful, if not worse. They've done good with their PR and giving you cuddly feelings with their campaigns and partnerships but they still have absolutely nothing to offer the consumer that Sony doesn't. Their big play is Gears Tactics which is a game that is already available on PC as well as coming to their last gen platforms. They're also getting a Tetris game that has been available on PC and PS4 for years. And of course, their one big power play for launch was delayed indefinitely: Halo Infinite. They also have a game called "The Falconeer" but it seems to be small and irrelevant as I can't find much information at all on this game (it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page). Hardly a reason to jump into next gen.

IMO MS has done a good job especially with pushing G.P. on the XSX and whether one likes it or not it is a big deal. Right now I am not playing any next gen games but boy oh boy, on a 4k tv even w/o the 12/05 update D2 looks excellent.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jcrame10

@Pedro said:
@jcrame10 said:

I don't waste time rebutting fanboy's opinions. 😎

You are what you post, I guess

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@jcrame10 said:

Yes! When it comes to your posts, this is 100% true.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

Nah, there's no two-siding it. The Series X launch is shit, and really won't pick up for a long time. But, if you're fine playing old games and multis for the meantime, it's no big deal I guess.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jcrame10

@phlop_spencer said:

@jcrame10: imagine buying a console that potentially catches on fire, and on top of that has no new games to play? I can’t believe I ordered 2!

@Pedro said:

@phlop_spencer: You need to stop spreading misinformation bud.

I've seen posts and images claiming PS5/XSX both smoking and catching fire, even if the claims are legit it's probably only a dozen consoles out of a million

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10
@Pedro said:
@jcrame10 said:

Yes! When it comes to your posts, this is 100% true.

lmao so provide a rebuttal to the thread, or get out of it

you clowns are consistent in being one thing: clowns.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jcrame10
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Nah, there's no two-siding it. The Series X launch is shit, and really won't pick up for a long time. But, if you're fine playing old games and multis for the meantime, it's no big deal I guess.

watch out, you're gonna make @Pedro whine and complain but not able to respond back cuz its the truth

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@jcrame10: I don't rebut opinions and like the last time you cried mod, this is the system wars. If you want a safe space then this is not the place for you. 😥

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Imagine being so insecure that you have to make a post to tell people that they shouldn't buy a console because it's not what you like, and how dumb do you have to be to think people will listen.

Fucking fanboys are as sad as they are pathetic.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jcrame10

@Pedro said:
@jcrame10 said:

System Wars, not "whine like a bitch and be a blind fanboy for no reason and never rebuke any of the threads I whine in" wars. That's all you do man. And frankly, I am sick of it. If it were up to me I woulda banned your ass along time ago, but for some reason "pointless poster" isn't a reason to do so around here.

Firstly, its not up to you. Secondly you continuously whine like a bitch about my posts and finally,

You consistently post in my threads but don't contribute anything to them. You're the literal definition of "talks a lot but doesn't have a lot to say"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pedro

@jcrame10: I think you need to relax and not take shit so seriously. Don't allow your inner fanboy to control you so much. Allow it to take a break ever so often or play a game instead of wasting time on me.😉

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@hitmanactual: aww look, another pussy!

Someone is insecure

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jcrame10

@hitmanactual said:

Imagine being so insecure that you have to make a post to tell people that they shouldn't buy a console because it's not what you like, and how dumb do you have to be to think people will listen.

Fucking fanboys are as sad as they are pathetic.

I didn't tell anyone what to buy. I provided fact and pros/cons for both next gen consoles.

No rebuttal once again, I love you losers so much!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@MonsieurX said:
@jcrame10 said:

@hitmanactual: aww look, another pussy!

Someone is insecure

Very very insecure. 😂

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

As someone who games on PC and loves the improved performance and visuals when I upgrade to a new Graphics card, I think that same reason is more than enough to be excited about a new console if you are a console gamer.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@jcrame10: Stay triggered kid. Maybe if you're a good boy mummy and daddy will let you trade in your PS5 so you can get an XSX and play with the adults.

Not gonna lie though, your meltdown is pretty entertaining. Nice going kid.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

This is good stuff! JSoyboy seems like a very unstable person.