SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-all-time-ps5-console-low-price-save-50-on-a-brand-new-playstation-5

One of the biggest sales of the entire PlayStation 5 generation so far is happening right now. Sony has temporarily discounted the PS5 console by $50, meaning you can get a brand new PS5 today for $450. This deal is on now at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and GameStop. Console bundles with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Final Fantasy XVI are also discounted.

But the deals don't end with the discounted price on the console. You can save between $20 and $25 on any standard color of the PS5 DualSense Controller, as all colors are currently available for $49.99. And, you can grab the PlayStation Pulse 3D Wireless Headset for 30% off. Finally, a ton of games are on sale today, as Sony has discounted pretty much every first-party PlayStation 5 game. Since these games usually cost $70, these discounts mean you have a chance to save a lot of money on games you've been holding out on buying. Check out the rest of the PlayStation 5 hardware and software deals below.

Wowza, looks like Sony is ramping up for the big holiday season with its first $50 cut on the PS5. Looks to be temporary. Wonder if this means something... like, is a slim on the way? There’s also the rumored midgen refresh but that seems too soon.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

Meanwhile Switch on year 7 at full price selling more than PS5. These sad times for Sony. Theyre nothing like the PS/PSP days.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Should do it for PSVR2 too

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Meanwhile Switch on year 7 at full price selling more than PS5. These sad times for Sony. Theyre nothing like the PS/PSP days.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Could be signs that the pro is on the way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Instead of a discount, can i have a single good game from them? Keep your superhero titles for children and given me a proper Sony exclusive. Its time.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713 said:

You’re bragging about paying $300 for 10 year old hardware 😂

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12574 Posts

@mesome713: Switch shouldn't even be compared to PS5. Maybe compare it with iPhone sales.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:
@mesome713 said:

He is bragging that 10-year hardware is still selling at full price that is causing you to damage control. 😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@mesome713 said:

He is bragging that 10-year hardware is still selling at full price that is causing you to damage control. 😂

Switch hasn’t even come close to Wii/DS numbers, would you like to try again 😎

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Yeah I think PS2 plays games just as good. I don't know why the switch is compared to the Xbox and ps. It's mostly a kid game console hence why the sales are so high and the specs of the console is just good enough to where they can make kid games look good. I will always view them as a console on its own plateau unless the specs of their consoles is comparable to Sony's or Microsoft. I mean they can't run any new titles of last gen or this gen on their consoles. If a new title would come out on the switch it would be comparable to PS2/PS3 era video games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6050 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-all-time-ps5-console-low-price-save-50-on-a-brand-new-playstation-5

One of the biggest sales of the entire PlayStation 5 generation so far is happening right now. Sony has temporarily discounted the PS5 console by $50, meaning you can get a brand new PS5 today for $450. This deal is on now at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and GameStop. Console bundles with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Final Fantasy XVI are also discounted.

But the deals don't end with the discounted price on the console. You can save between $20 and $25 on any standard color of the PS5 DualSense Controller, as all colors are currently available for $49.99. And, you can grab the PlayStation Pulse 3D Wireless Headset for 30% off. Finally, a ton of games are on sale today, as Sony has discounted pretty much every first-party PlayStation 5 game. Since these games usually cost $70, these discounts mean you have a chance to save a lot of money on games you've been holding out on buying. Check out the rest of the PlayStation 5 hardware and software deals below.

Wowza, looks like Sony is ramping up for the big holiday season with its first $50 cut on the PS5. Looks to be temporary. Wonder if this means something... like, is a slim on the way? There’s also the rumored midgen refresh but that seems too soon.

Just another case of Sony shitting on the rest of the world. Sony raises the price everywhere except for the US citing inflation, and yet drop the price in the US where inflation doesn't exist apparently🤦‍♂️

You're lucky America is MS strongest region, because if it were like Europe then Sony would have raised the price not reduced it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Just another case of Sony shitting on the rest of the world. Sony raises the price everywhere except for the US citing inflation, and yet drop the price in the US where inflation doesn't exist apparently🤦‍♂️

You're lucky America is MS strongest region, because if it were like Europe then Sony would have raised the price not reduced it.

Not defending Sony but inflation doesn't affect all economies the same. I believe inflation in Europe is much worse than in the US, for example.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:

Switch hasn’t even come close to Wii/DS numbers, would you like to try again 😎

And you are damage controlling again.😂

You may want to revise the Wii sales.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: actually it’s you and Mesome mentioning Switch in a ps5 thread 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Pedro: actually it’s you and Mesome mentioning Switch in a ps5 thread 🤣

I guess that link demoralize your attempt to damage control.😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic

^ got ‘em

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Last_Lap

@Zero_epyon: I was using Europe as an example of Sony's dominance as opposed to America where PS5 & Xbox Series sales are competitive.

Last year America's inflation rate was at 9% at one point and Sony never raised the price, yet in Australia ours got to a high of 7%, and Sony raised the price. So I reckon Sony never raised it in the US because it's the most competitive area for console sales.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Not much of a discount considering they raised the price from launch pretty much everywhere except the US.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic: Now you are coping hard. 😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

TBH they'd have to drop the price down around $200 for me to even look twice at it.

PS5 has like no games I care about.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@mrbojangles25: So you looked once.😎

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

So... A return to more normal pricing given the price increased a year or two ago.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10615 Posts

@mesome713 said:

That because Nintendo was smart by combining their console base with their handheld base to get to that massive achievement. Now only if the switch capabilities match or rivaled the competition, they could easily put MS and Sony down for the count.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness

@last_lap said:

@Zero_epyon: I was using Europe as an example of Sony's dominance as opposed to America where PS5 & Xbox Series sales are competitive.

Last year America's inflation rate was at 9% at one point and Sony never raised the price, yet in Australia ours got to a high of 7%, and Sony raised the price. So I reckon Sony never raised it in the US because it's the most competitive area for console sales.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Last_Lap

@ermacness: Damn you getting triggered buy my comments again. America is MS strongest market, MS sell more Xbox's in America than anywhere else.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3404 Posts

They need to clear space for the new Switch.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@last_lap said:

Yeah that makes sense.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

@Pedro said:

@mrbojangles25: So you looked once.😎

yeah but it was just a peek, I swear!

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

Should do it for PSVR2 too

This ^^^^^

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1239 Posts

Picked one up yesterday.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@my_user_name said:

Picked one up yesterday.

Enjoy.🥳

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

But will the Switch 2 have amazing launch games🤔

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#34 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Good news for those that do not have one.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I just don't know any games for PS5 that I want right now, maybe in the future when there's just a decent variety of games out for it I'd want one.

And also, like the PS3, I waited a long time until the price cut down significantly, don't think I've ever gone over $300 for a console in any gen.

Gen 9 seems just like Gen 7 minus the portable devices and PC gaming to keep you occupied. Nintendo makes a mass casual device, Playstation makes a superpowered expensive super machine with not a great software library.

The only difference is PS5s are selling early and often whereas PS3's didn't sell massively until later. I have no explanation for that phenomenon.

Anyway my primary gaming machine is still my PS4, just like it was the PS2 kinda during the Wii generation, gotta wait it out till gaming makes sense to me.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@hardwenzen: “ Instead of a discount, can i have a single good game from them? Keep your superhero titles for children and given me a proper Sony exclusive. It’s time.”

This. Stop with the endless remakes, remasters and copy/paste superhero open world button mashing games and make something beautiful like Starfield.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1250 Posts

Sony fan people don't want discounts,they were happy when Sony increased the price,stating their console was now worth more 🐄🤡🎪.

They also don't want first party games day one on Ps plus\now because they want to pay full price.

Shilling gone mad!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

Cool. Wouldn't pay 100 bucks. Terrible console.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

$99.99 with a free pack-in game or bust!! lol :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Didn’t Sony raise the price of the Tumourstation 5? Isn’t this just offering it at the original price for a short time?

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Keep going Sony. I'll pull the trigger at $200 XD just to play Demon's Souls

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@davillain said:
@kathaariancode said:

But will the Switch 2 have amazing launch games🤔

I doubt. I was expecting Nintendo do launch the latest Zelda at the same time as their next system but they didn't. Missed opportunity.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ermacness

@saint-george said:

Sony fan people don't want discounts,they were happy when Sony increased the price,stating their console was now worth more 🐄🤡🎪.

They also don't want first party games day one on Ps plus\now because they want to pay full price.

Shilling gone mad!

More like the other side shilling gone mad. Sony are still giving pc owners the ability to play ps exclusives without owning a PlayStation, you just have to wait a couple of years. Sony still heavily supports the PlayStation because the PlayStation is still one of, if not the biggest revenue stream for Sony unlike MS where their biggest revenue stream is more than likely Windows. In other words xbox is more than likely an afterthought to MS so they don’t mind openly sharing their Xbox exclusive to other platforms on day 1, especially to a platform that exclusively supports it’s software.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

Shilling confirmed.😂

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#45 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Just curious,but is this price discount in the United States only or can Canadians benefit from this too?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I cashed in a few weeks ago for £290. My patience has paid off haha

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts
@brimmul777 said:

Just curious,but is this price discount in the United States only or can Canadians benefit from this too?

Canada should get a discount very soon. Here in the UK, the PS5 price drop started 1.5 weeks ago.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

From Sony's earning call today:

This amount is somewhat less than the expected progress toward our fiscal year sales target of 25 million units, but, due to promotions begun in July, we are seeing an improvement in the momentum of sales.

We have positioned the accelerated penetration of PS5 hardware as one of the highest priorities in this fiscal year, and we will try to work steadily to implement necessary measures to achieve our hardware sales target of 25 million units

Basically, they still plan on selling 25M PS5s this fiscal year and, need to move more consoles.

What's important to keep in mind is that they sold an absolute truckload of PS5s in Q4 (they basically had two quarters of holiday sales numbers) and, that's going to be hard to achieve again. They need a much stronger Q2 and, Q3 to offset that eventual Q4 dip.

I don't think they hit 25M but, 20M+ is achievable and that would put it at like PS2 level sales numbers.

--

fwiw, I'm about 90% sure we don't see a PS5 Slim or, PS5 Pro this year.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sancho_Panzer  Online
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Probably worth waiting for it to hit the bargain bucket when the Pro model releases. Might be some games then too.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

TBH they'd have to drop the price down around $200 for me to even look twice at it.

PS5 has like no games I care about.

A solid price drop I could understand but $200? C'mon man.