PS4/XB1: Is the performance gap a big deal?

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Of course it is. I've been gaming since Gen3, and I've never before seen such a huge gap in hardware power with no price difference to justify it. ~33%-50%~ is just too much for 2 products of the same price.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@PAL360: bbb bbbut the cloud the infinite ppwer 43x x360 duct taped together

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@tdkmillsy: we'll see thursday

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I'd say if you're a cable TV junky and/or want to Skype with grandma get the X1. Otherwise get the PS4.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#155 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@lglz1337: The cloud sounds good and all, but its not exactly a hardware thing. Im sure everyone, even Xbox One owners, already accepted PS4 is slightly more powerful.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#156 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts
@Wasdie said:

In the overall scheme of things the performance gap won't matter that much to you as a consumer. The Xbox One isn't so weak where devs won't make games for the system and 99% of 3rd party titles are going to be multiplats between the PS4 and Xbox One. This means you won't miss out on most of the big games.

The Xbox One version of multiplats will almost always have noticeably worse performance and/or lower image quality when directly compared with the PS4 version. However, unless you're putting two TVs together and playing the PS4 version along side the Xbox One version of a game, those differences won't really affect you at all. If you just play the Xbox One version your experience won't be any worse. If it bothers you that somewhere somebody else may be playing with a few more average FPS or at 1080p instead of 900p, then don't get an Xbox One. If you're a normal person and aren't so petty, then the differences in performance won't matter.

That said I would still lean more towards the PS4 if I were you at this point. Out the gate Sony has been much more consistent with delivering a strong product at a fair price and has been doing its best to support the console with exclusive games. Microsoft has gotten better but they've jumped all around with the focus of the console. Unless you absolutely need Halo in your life then the PS4 is probably the better choice for you as your first console. Later on down the road you can always get an Xbox One when they are cheaper.

Just my opinion.

Extremely well said.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#157  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@blamix99 said:

you don't want to miss Bloodborne,Uncharted 4 and The Order 1886

Fixed

I would definitely go with the PS4 tho. No question about it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@tormentos: Look Tormentos, i'm not going to discuss this much further. I can get what you're trying to say "i don't care for PC gaming, both consoles cost teh same, and the PS4 is stronger". Yes, i know. The problem you keep ignoring is that most of that power is not going to be used.

MGSV's resolution and Tomb Raider's frame rates are rare examples. Most game have: 180p of difference or equal, small amounts of graphical difference, like shadows here, lihgting there, and better fps on the PS4, which is nothing. 40-50fps>30fps means nothing, when neither can keep 60 stable.

The difference between all this fanboy fapping material and things like screen tearing, which apparently the XB1 hadbut was fixed, DOF, LOD, potential tesselation, or even missing objects on screen, is that it's noticeable by simply playing the game 8well, sort of). There's no need for Digital Foundry to point it out to people, ense, if it occurs, it's a true plus for the PS4, but, those are still rare examples as far as i know.

BTW, fair enough about KZ, but why didn't people say anything about BF Hardline beta being 900p? Sunset Overdrive is 900p. If i remember, it was playable at E3, and nobody knew the resolution, or atleast didn't say anything about it. Took DF to reveal it. And yet, if people had been told it was 1080p, stable 30fps, it wouldn't had made the game any better, or more or less fun.

Each consoles, and PC have their advantages. PC has backwards compatibilty, emulators, mods, any choice of controller, free multiplayer, an onslaught of exclusives, etc. But, one may not care for these features, just like one may not care for the different games on each consoles, or the controllers, or what i keep telling you but you keep ignoring. And even though i meantion PC, from my exprience, the ultra, 1080p version of many games doesn't look much better either. You can obviously see the difference if you switch or look for them, but, when playing, i myself couldn't tell you anyway. But, if you can see those differences and they bother you, PC is for you. Period. Nobody who can notice it all from playing so easily, would buy a console and keep playing the inferior version since they'd unhappy.

Look, it's this simple Tomato:

A person who researches each platform and buys the one with the featurs they care for (or even the ones their friends have). That's a smart consumer decision

A person who cares for the specs of the machine hes playing, will buy a PC or atleast play primarily on PC, because she/he'll be able to upgrade, keep up with the newest technology and customize even the case of his machine. That's a smart consumer decision.

A person who doesn't care for PC, and after researching the pros and cons of each console, still finds both equaliy good for his situation, and decided that he/she'll take the PS4 because of the power and larger user base (right now). That's a smart consumer decision, because, those small differences aren't the deciding factor, but an additional bonus to which console one would buy

A person who buys the PS4 because the internet told them it's more powerfull, has more p's in it's games, and that the games look "much better", that's an stupid, uninformed consumer decision.

It's that simple. PC has already won this tech battle from the start, and with such minimal differences in 95% of the games, it's a real non issue. Expect for fanboys who need to find something for their little consoles considering how equal the 2 black boxes ar anyway.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

The difference will only grow once devs get a handle on the eSram, SecretSauce and the cloud but the PS4 versions won't look that much worse than The One versions me thinks - eh, go with the gamezz mang, that's the Big difference. :P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Awinagainov said:

I had a ps3 last gen, and I want a new console. My gaming buddies split pretty evenly to ps4 and xb1. Is the performance game between the ps4 and xb1 really enough to influence a purchasing decision?

(i know this is similar to another recent topic, but the kid had like 4 posts and most repliers were criticizing him for that)

No. But cows will say so because they want you to get a PS4.

Buy the console that has the games/features you want in a console.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

I was playing Watchdogs yesterday and really appreciating how great the game looks for being open world...especially downtown during the night. Maybe its my TV that looks good..Im not sure why people complain about its visuals. Im loving this Gen so far, I just wish I had more time to play.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#162 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Xbox has better multiplats and if you hope for L4D3 you should go for that.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#163 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

PS4 is more powerful, but is it more powerful for me to actually care? no

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Not for me, no. Xbox One is weaker, no doubt, but that doesn't stop me from wanting some of the games on it.

I'm the same way. Early games the difference was far more pronounced than it is now, but the difference remains. For example, I expect a number of PS4 to be 1080p and a more stable 30/60 fps than the likely 900p 30/60 frames per second Xbox One multiplats. But having played both consoles, the performance difference is there but not nearly as big or off-puting while playing as the gaming forums bitch about IMHO. I expect there will be a resolution difference in The Witcher 3 and the new CoD, but I'll enjoy both on the Xbox One as I have faith both devs will do their best to maximize what the console can do. I'm far more interested in Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, SourceBound, Quantum Break, Titanfall, Halo: MCC, Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 than I am the differences between the consoles regarding performance. And since we got confirmation that both CoD and Witcher 3 on MS's E3 show were in fact shown from Xbox One:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-witcher-3-e3-gameplay-demo-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Call-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-E3-Look-Way-Xbox-One-65083.html

Having those confirmations, I'm more than pleased and satisfied with what the One can do, even as the PS4 can do more. I just want Xbox One exclusives more than I care about differences in resolution. Simple as that for me.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By shawn30

@Boddicker said:

I'd say if you're a cable TV junky and/or want to Skype with grandma get the X1. Otherwise get the PS4.

But what if you like Xbox One exclusives more? Lol, come one, its always about games. I played and enjoyed CoD Ghosts on the One every bit as much as a PS4 gamer did. Same game, same content, one has higher resolution. Big freaking deal. PS3 gamers sure as hell lived with a difference last gen, and now the hypocrisy of Cow arguments this gen is hilarious. And for the record, I love the TV stuff and Skype, lol. But as far as a gaming console for me the One is superior to the PS4 in terms of games I want.

As always, by the console that has the games you want most. You will never be satisfied any other way. If its PS4, buy that. If its Xbox One or PC or Wii-U then buy that. But juts judging a console based on specs is dumb as you should just build a PC, as no console ever will compare to what it can do. Period, end of story.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 StormyJoe

@hehe101 said:

That the opinion most Xb1 owners have, that cows just can't seem to get past their udders. If the PS4's version of a game is 1080p/60fps and the Xb1 version is 900p/60fps, that is clear evidence of raw PS4 power advantage. This issue is: can you really tell, and if so, is it a factor in choosing once console over another.

I say no on both fronts.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 shawn30

@StormyJoe said:

@hehe101 said:

That the opinion most Xb1 owners have, that cows just can't seem to get past their udders. If the PS4's version of a game is 1080p/60fps and the Xb1 version is 900p/60fps, that is clear evidence of raw PS4 power advantage. This issue is: can you really tell, and if so, is it a factor in choosing once console over another.

I say no on both fronts.

Same here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos: Look Tormentos, i'm not going to discuss this much further. I can get what you're trying to say "i don't care for PC gaming, both consoles cost teh same, and the PS4 is stronger". Yes, i know. The problem you keep ignoring is that most of that power is not going to be used.

MGSV's resolution and Tomb Raider's frame rates are rare examples. Most game have: 180p of difference or equal, small amounts of graphical difference, like shadows here, lihgting there, and better fps on the PS4, which is nothing. 40-50fps>30fps means nothing, when neither can keep 60 stable.

The difference between all this fanboy fapping material and things like screen tearing, which apparently the XB1 hadbut was fixed, DOF, LOD, potential tesselation, or even missing objects on screen, is that it's noticeable by simply playing the game 8well, sort of). There's no need for Digital Foundry to point it out to people, ense, if it occurs, it's a true plus for the PS4, but, those are still rare examples as far as i know.

BTW, fair enough about KZ, but why didn't people say anything about BF Hardline beta being 900p? Sunset Overdrive is 900p. If i remember, it was playable at E3, and nobody knew the resolution, or atleast didn't say anything about it. Took DF to reveal it. And yet, if people had been told it was 1080p, stable 30fps, it wouldn't had made the game any better, or more or less fun.

Each consoles, and PC have their advantages. PC has backwards compatibilty, emulators, mods, any choice of controller, free multiplayer, an onslaught of exclusives, etc. But, one may not care for these features, just like one may not care for the different games on each consoles, or the controllers, or what i keep telling you but you keep ignoring. And even though i meantion PC, from my exprience, the ultra, 1080p version of many games doesn't look much better either. You can obviously see the difference if you switch or look for them, but, when playing, i myself couldn't tell you anyway. But, if you can see those differences and they bother you, PC is for you. Period. Nobody who can notice it all from playing so easily, would buy a console and keep playing the inferior version since they'd unhappy.

A person who researches each platform and buys the one with the featurs they care for (or even the ones their friends have). That's a smart consumer decision

A person who cares for the specs of the machine hes playing, will buy a PC or atleast play primarily on PC, because she/he'll be able to upgrade, keep up with the newest technology and customize even the case of his machine. That's a smart consumer decision.

A person who doesn't care for PC, and after researching the pros and cons of each console, still finds both equaliy good for his situation, and decided that he/she'll take the PS4 because of the power and larger user base (right now). That's a smart consumer decision, because, those small differences aren't the deciding factor, but an additional bonus to which console one would buy

A person who buys the PS4 because the internet told them it's more powerfull, has more p's in it's games, and that the games look "much better", that's an stupid, uninformed consumer decision.

It's that simple. PC has already won this tech battle from the start, and with such minimal differences in 95% of the games, it's a real non issue. Expect for fanboys who need to find something for their little consoles considering how equal the 2 black boxes ar anyway.

And now you claim that most of the PS4 power will not be use..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Tell that to PC gamers what the fu** separate a 7870 from a 7850.? What separate a 7870 from a 7950,what separate a 7950 from a 7970.?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1034?vs=1076

Whats that a 7 FPS difference from 7870 to 7850 on BF4 ultra 1080p.? Just 7 FPS.? 10 on high.?

Wait do you know that BF4 on xbox one is 720 while 900p on PS4,but on PS4 also runs 10 FPS faster across the board.?

7 FPS is enough for some one on PC to get one GPU over another 7 or 10 FPS is basically a stronger GPU on PC.

Metro 7 FPS

Company heroes 7FPS

Bioshock 8 FPS

Crysis 6 FPS

Rome 2 8 FPS

Grid 2 11FPS

This is the difference between the 7850 and 7870,that difference which some times amount to as little as 6 FPS UNDER THE SAME EXACT SETTINGS AND IMAGE QUALITY is enough for a PC gamer to chose the 7870 over the 7850,so don't tell me that 40-50 >30 doesn't matter just because you can't keep a stable 60FPS non of the games i quoted there brake 60FPS on maximum quality on the 7870 in 1080p only Grid 2 and barely.

Hypocrite that fix on xbox one with screen tearing locked the game at 30FPS,which mean the advantage the PS4 has is even bigger now,so the PS4 runs it average at 49 to 50 FPS,it has drops into the 35,and has spikes and can sustain 60FPS at times.

That is a 100% advantage in frames WTF man is that small how.?

Is that you Tessi.?

That is a total joke xbox fan care about power and graphics is a joke trying to pretend other wise,the endless thread about superior version exist on PC as far back as PS2 vs xbox,so stop your sorry ass damage control,you are trying to downplay the advantage the PS4 has over the xbox one,while at the same time giving validity to that same argument you downplay but when is PS4 vs PC.

Hypocrite.

You are understantimating the power the Internet has now,compare to how it was on 2005 or 2000 when teh PS2 came out,now there is a sh** ton of people and there is a sh** ton of copnsumers who are oriented,and will go for a product that deliver,power,price and entertainment,that notion that console gamers are miss informed morons is a joke,i just know quoted Faisan Faisan who always defend PC claiming 4k was 1440p..hahahahaha

The fact that you call me tomato say it all you are an alter account probably Tessellation or some other lemming who started pretending to be a hermit as soon as the low ass spec of the xbox one were confirmed...lol

@shawn30 said:

I'm the same way. Early games the difference was far more pronounced than it is now, but the difference remains. For example, I expect a number of PS4 to be 1080p and a more stable 30/60 fps than the likely 900p 30/60 frames per second Xbox One multiplats. But having played both consoles, the performance difference is there but not nearly as big or off-puting while playing as the gaming forums bitch about IMHO. I expect there will be a resolution difference in The Witcher 3 and the new CoD, but I'll enjoy both on the Xbox One as I have faith both devs will do their best to maximize what the console can do. I'm far more interested in Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, SourceBound, Quantum Break, Titanfall, Halo: MCC, Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 than I am the differences between the consoles regarding performance. And since we got confirmation that both CoD and Witcher 3 on MS's E3 show were in fact shown from Xbox One:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-witcher-3-e3-gameplay-demo-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Call-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-E3-Look-Way-Xbox-One-65083.html

Having those confirmations, I'm more than pleased and satisfied with what the One can do, even as the PS4 can do more. I just want Xbox One exclusives more than I care about differences in resolution. Simple as that for me.

You are more interested in those games because you are a Lemming so obviously you are more interested,we already know what happen with Titanfall it changed nothing,and wasn't even exclusive which show how silly you people still are naming that game as if it was xbox one exclusive.

Yeah just like last E3 Activision also showed Ghost on xbox one and claim it was going to be 1080p on xbox one and we know what happen at the end the game ended been 720p.

To bad that the market doesn't want what you want apparently from those low xbox one sales.

@shawn30 said:

@Boddicker said:

But what if you like Xbox One exclusives more? Lol, come one, its always about games. I played and enjoyed CoD Ghosts on the One every bit as much as a PS4 gamer did. Same game, same content, one has higher resolution. Big freaking deal. PS3 gamers sure as hell lived with a difference last gen, and now the hypocrisy of Cow arguments this gen is hilarious. And for the record, I love the TV stuff and Skype, lol. But as far as a gaming console for me the One is superior to the PS4 in terms of games I want.

As always, by the console that has the games you want most. You will never be satisfied any other way. If its PS4, buy that. If its Xbox One or PC or Wii-U then buy that. But juts judging a console based on specs is dumb as you should just build a PC, as no console ever will compare to what it can do. Period, end of story.

The difference between the PS3 and xbox one wasn't 720p vs 1080p last gen on COD,in fact all COD but COD2 are sud HD on both xbox 360 and PS3.

That is funny because in games i want the PS4 is superior to the xbox one,funny enough apparently that is the sentiment of much of the market now.

@StormyJoe said:

@hehe101 said:

I say no on both fronts.

Which is an opinion not share by those who own a PS4 which are many more than those who own an xbox one.

And you are a die hard lemming which is why you would say no,in some cases the advantage is 1080p 60FPS vs 720p 60FPS it is a big deal,because the further both platforms are push and as further as the generation progress the xbox one will probably fall behind to 720p again,the more you push for having a good looking game the bigger the chances the xbox one will land on 720p,even more as the generations goes on,when developers realise they can't get more from the xbox one and MS doesn't care any more about what resolution the games come in,just like it happen last gen.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 shawn30

@tormentos said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

And now you claim that most of the PS4 power will not be use..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Tell that to PC gamers what the fu** separate a 7870 from a 7850.? What separate a 7870 from a 7950,what separate a 7950 from a 7970.?

Whats that a 7 FPS difference from 7870 to 7850 on BF4 ultra 1080p.? Just 7 FPS.? 10 on high.?

Wait do you know that BF4 on xbox one is 720 while 900p on PS4,but on PS4 also runs 10 FPS faster across the board.?

7 FPS is enough for some one on PC to get one GPU over another 7 or 10 FPS is basically a stronger GPU on PC.

Metro 7 FPS

Company heroes 7FPS

Bioshock 8 FPS

Crysis 6 FPS

Rome 2 8 FPS

Grid 2 11FPS

This is the difference between the 7850 and 7870,that difference which some times amount to as little as 6 FPS UNDER THE SAME EXACT SETTINGS AND IMAGE QUALITY is enough for a PC gamer to chose the 7870 over the 7850,so don't tell me that 40-50 >30 doesn't matter just because you can't keep a stable 60FPS non of the games i quoted there brake 60FPS on maximum quality on the 7870 in 1080p only Grid 2 and barely.

Hypocrite that fix on xbox one with screen tearing locked the game at 30FPS,which mean the advantage the PS4 has is even bigger now,so the PS4 runs it average at 49 to 50 FPS,it has drops into the 35,and has spikes and can sustain 60FPS at times.

Is that you Tessi.?

That is a total joke xbox fan care about power and graphics is a joke trying to pretend other wise,the endless thread about superior version exist on PC as far back as PS2 vs xbox,so stop your sorry ass damage control,you are trying to downplay the advantage the PS4 has over the xbox one,while at the same time giving validity to that same argument you downplay but when is PS4 vs PC.

Hypocrite.

You are understantimating the power the Internet has now,compare to how it was on 2005 or 2000 when teh PS2 came out,now there is a sh** ton of people and there is a sh** ton of copnsumers who are oriented,and will go for a product that deliver,power,price and entertainment,that notion that console gamers are miss informed morons is a joke,i just know quoted Faisan Faisan who always defend PC claiming 4k was 1440p..hahahahaha

The fact that you call me tomato say it all you are an alter account probably Tessellation or some other lemming who started pretending to be a hermit as soon as the low ass spec of the xbox one were confirmed...lol

@shawn30 said:

You are more interested in those games because you are a Lemming so obviously you are more interested,we already know what happen with Titanfall it changed nothing,and wasn't even exclusive which show how silly you people still are naming that game as if it was xbox one exclusive.

Yeah just like last E3 Activision also showed Ghost on xbox one and claim it was going to be 1080p on xbox one and we know what happen at the end the game ended been 720p.

To bad that the market doesn't want what you want apparently from those low xbox one sales.

@shawn30 said:

@Boddicker said:

The difference between the PS3 and xbox one wasn't 720p vs 1080p last gen on COD,in fact all COD but COD2 are sud HD on both xbox 360 and PS3.

That is funny because in games i want the PS4 is superior to the xbox one,funny enough apparently that is the sentiment of much of the market now.

@StormyJoe said:

@hehe101 said:

I say no on both fronts.

Which is an opinion not share by those who own a PS4 which are many more than those who own an xbox one.

And you are a die hard lemming which is why you would say no,in some cases the advantage is 1080p 60FPS vs 720p 60FPS it is a big deal,because the further both platforms are push and as further as the generation progress the xbox one will probably fall behind to 720p again,the more you push for having a good looking game the bigger the chances the xbox one will land on 720p,even more as the generations goes on,when developers realise they can't get more from the xbox one and MS doesn't care any more about what resolution the games come in,just like it happen last gen.

Lol, you really told us off :)

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@tormentos said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Metro 7 FPS

Company heroes 7FPS

Bioshock 8 FPS

Crysis 6 FPS

Rome 2 8 FPS

Grid 2 11FPS

Is that you Tessi.?

Hypocrite.

@shawn30 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Boddicker said:

@StormyJoe said:

@hehe101 said:

I say no on both fronts.

Lol, you really told us off :)

Naaa, he cant handle the fact the gap is getting closer so has to use old benchmarks to prove a point that doesn't exist now.

If you included all the people who didn't own a Xbox One or PS4 I think you'll find there more people would agree its not a deciding factor in the way he desperately wants it too.

He has plenty of time to quote benchmarks cos he has nothing to play.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 StormyJoe

@tormentos: Just because I defend the XB1 does not make me a die hard lemming. Do I bash the PS4? Say its games suck? Say that the Xb1 actually has more raw power? Nope - the most I have said that could be interpreted as "negative" is that the PS4 is a gaming machine, while the XB1 is more of a media system; something that both Sony and MS say about their respective products.

As far as I am concerned, the consoles are so similar in gaming performance that issues like this are trivial. MS's console and Sony's console have more parity than any gen in the past. The difference is less than PS3 vs 360, which was less than Xbox vs PS2. What should determine a person's purchasing decision (if they are only getting one) are the games and features of the console. This whole resolution thing is overblown; and a broken record to boot.

What I do find so funny about this is that when talking about gaming, the same arguments cows said about the PS2 are what lemmings are saying about the XB1 and vice versa. Take any "PS4 vs Xbox One" thread and change PS4 to "Xbox" and XBox One to "PS2", and they are pretty much identical arguments.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@tormentos: OMFG do you ever just stop? Srsly you whine on and on about 1080p > 900p, 900p > 792p. And the worst part about it is, the people you whine on to really don't give a **** about the difference between the two consoles. The difference is there, sure, but so ****.

Spare people of your benchmark results just for one day. Please.

Don't like it go post else where troll this is SYSTEM WARS,and you just arrived here so either post from your normal account,or stay away from the arguments go into the xbox forums if you want people just agreeing with you.

By the way 1080p>900p>792p>720p that is right and valid especially if the argument was vs a more expensive console that could not deliver.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

It's not a big deal for me. I go where the games are interesting, I don't bother with the whole trivial resolution argument non-sense.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Loving the hypocrites on both sides with this shit. Every single one of you losers were on the other side last gen saying the opposite shit. Just shut the hell up

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#177 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

game for game, currently and for the foreseeable future, I'll take what's on X1 vs what's on ps4. Never had one regret with my choice. I have the X1 and would recommend it to anyone asking.

as for resolution arguments: Ryse was 900p and looks fantastic. so what difference does it make?

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

only hardcore fan boys who sit on their couch rubbing their gregs over pieces of plastic care about the difference.

AKA most of you in this thread.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Shewgenja said:

When Xbone starts showing stuff like this, I'll start to believe the answer is no. Until then, any illusion of parity is simply a fanboy fantasy being pimped out on the unsuspecting to woo you into making a very bad choice with $400.

It's true that SONY first parties go for the graphics quite a lot. DriveClub devs even admitted that they went 30fps to enhance visuals. I think it will be a great game to play and very responsive, but I think the focus on graphics isn't always a good thing.

In UC4's case, that was a real time trailer at 1080p 60fps. They have probably finished creating all the levels in the game by now, and they still believe that 1080p 60fps is possible. They must have tested the gameplay at this point. So they are probably already getting a smooth 60fps at places in the game. They just have to further optimize the game and I have no doubt that UC4 will look like that trailer in game. They did say all assets in the trailer were in game level assets you see while playing. So that's a plus.

All that aside, I hope both games are more than just a tech demo for the console. And I have no doubt they will deliver.

Was Project Gotham Racing a tech demo for the XBox?

Survey says No.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 StormyJoe

@SambaLele said:

Of course it is. I've been gaming since Gen3, and I've never before seen such a huge gap in hardware power with no price difference to justify it. ~33%-50%~ is just too much for 2 products of the same price.

Are you kidding? Dude, the difference between the two is the smallest it has ever been. Your comment would have made since in 2002, but not this gen.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#182 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Find a more recent graph, found the gamingbolt link. Xbox One had barebones system software back then. It's the same CPU running overclocked on the Xbox One, it makes no sense that it's slower. And there are many tests to determine CPU capability.

Also lol Cinema blend. What the **** sort of fanboy website is this. It's unprofessional, the author isn't supposed to weigh in with his own opinions unless it's an opinion based piece.

What is this doing in their own article:

"Bolcato goes on to explain that Microsoft has released a new development kit for the Xbox One, with companion patches inbound for users, all in hopes of improving performance over the console's lifespan...

“They are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines."

Why.?

The XBO got a GPU release not a CPU one,GPU was lock at 90% with 10% to use on Kinect,the xbox one reserve 2 cores for OS which hasn't change in any way,unless MS want to cripple its multi tasking performance running more than 1 app,a single core on that Jaguar at 1.7ghz will not do the job.

Second there is more to performance than speed,the PS4 architecture is true HSA one the xbox one isn't,the PS4 uses GDDR5 as system memory the xbox on uses DDR3,no matter what morons over the inter net try to imply GDDR5 is not bad for CPU,latency is make up by speed period,just like DDR3 had more latency than DDR2 yet that didn't stop people from moving to DDR3,because the speed benefit more than make for it,alto it was also confirmed by Helix that GDDR5 and DDR3 have about the same latency,so you have an architecture that is straight forward with a faster memory setup with no holes.

That is why the PS4 was faster,because even with a 100mhz slower CPU the hardware is better design with faster memory.

Yeah it runs in 1080p but at what quality.?

Bolcato's game Sniper Elite look better on PS4 and runs faster on PS4 as well,that is not parity in any way,basically they are trading quality and frames to achieve 1080p Tomb Raider style,no matter what the xbox one hardware will always be behind.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1127?vs=1079

This 2 are also comparable doesn't mean they are equal,Sniper Elite already came out and is superior on PS4.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Yeah, the difference is 1080p 60fps vs 900p 30fps (sarcasm). The PS4 can't even do 60fps on current gen looking games, everything is 30fps.

The majority of PC can't either and grouping together all PC because some can is a joke.

Fact is MGS5 is 720p 60FPS on xbox one on PS4 has added effects like dynamic sky,is 1080p and runs solid 60FPS as well,that is a huge freaking gap,it depends on the game,the engine and what is doing not all engines are alike.

The fact is when developers shoot for 60FPS on both consoles the PS4 is the closest,the only case i can recall the xbox one been the closes was Ghost but Ghost is 720p on xbox one 1080p on PS4,so a few frames dropping when there is a huge advantage in resolution wasn't that bad.

The problem is that there is a difference no matter how small or big it is and both system cost the same now,because a month ago and since launch the weaker one was also the most expensive.

My point with the CPU was that the software as a whole was bad on the X1 when they did that, it was before stability updates, driver updates, all of it. So maybe something newer would provide a more believable picture. And as you said it yourself there are different types of performance. So does that test indicate the PS4 is better at the X1 in that type of CPU test, or in all CPU results. I was questioning the claim that this is definitive evidence the CPU is better in the PS4.

I'm not putting all PCs together, in fact I didn't mention it, but the people that are going to be playing games like these will have capable PCs for the most part. But when you try to say the same thing using the Steam survey, that includes gamers who play that facebook farm thing and the games you'll find in the casual section on Steam. But if you do it by game, you'll be more likely to find a group of people that is playing that game and that can handle it.

That aside, you highlight my point. The PS4 can do 60fps but at what quality. It dramatically falls to get to that frame rate.

Sniper Elite barely looks current gen anyway and I have a feeling they didn't even try with the Xbox One regarding MGS5, because the gap as you describe it is vastly larger than most other games between the consoles and traditionally Konami and Kojima have never given a **** about Xbox. Even the Silent Hill and MGS collection somehow worked really badly on the Xbox 360 last gen, and if they couldn't even be bothered with the easier hardware then, they certainly won't suddenly start putting in the effort now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#183  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@tormentos:

No what "says it all" is the fact that you take this System Wars thing really seriously. Grow up dude. I never sided with PC in that post. I posted a fact. If people are calling out power and resolution then why ignore the fact that PC is always at the top of that? After accepting that look at the games a console has. That really is why to buy one over another. I am huge Halo fan so it would be stupid for me to not buy the Xbox. Lighten the fvck up because you're the one that comes across sad.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

Are you kidding? Dude, the difference between the two is the smallest it has ever been. Your comment would have made since in 2002, but not this gen.

It's ok if you want to believe that, I mean whatever helps you sleep at night, but you are factually wrong and it will be pretty easy to prove.

The PS4 to xbox one power difference is around 30 - 50%. That is the biggest gap between the PS and xbox brands so far and there is no need to argue about it as every reliable source, specs of the systems and the real world results validate those numbers.

Smallest it has ever been when we see gaps like 30fps vs 60fps and 1080p vs 720 and 792? lol k

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#185 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@Awinagainov said:

I had a ps3 last gen, and I want a new console. My gaming buddies split pretty evenly to ps4 and xb1. Is the performance game between the ps4 and xb1 really enough to influence a purchasing decision?

(i know this is similar to another recent topic, but the kid had like 4 posts and most repliers were criticizing him for that)

Theres a considerably gap this generation between PS4 and X1. Its not close like last gen which games were running on same res/fps with small differences here and there on total quality of graphics.

To prove you my point ill ask you , all of you that reading this , a simple question.

Lets say there are 2 versions of the very same game on the very same price tag of 59.99$. The one version runs at 900p or/and 30 fps and the other 1080p and/or 60 fps. WHICH version every single one of us would had purchased ? Remember , same version of X game with same price tag

OFC the BEST possible !!! Who on earth would have gone for the 900p/30fps , way lower quality version on the same price tag ? Noone. Period Therefore which console you should go for if you are NOT , i repeat , if you are NOT that much into X1s exclusives or you dont mind or even better if you like PS4s exclusives ?

PS4 that is. This generation is an easy choice if you are not a hardcore Xbox fan.. Really easy.

Yeah, the difference is 1080p 60fps vs 900p 30fps (sarcasm). The PS4 can't even do 60fps on current gen looking games, everything is 30fps.

You didnt answer the question.

Same game on same price tag , which version would you choose ? I would had gone with the best possible since costs the same. SO you would , stop all being hypocrites. Every single one of you would go for the best version. Period

Same Game, Same Price Tag, Best Possible Version = PC

PC is PC ... Im PC gamer for a reason.

But if you want to play this game let me ask you the right question

Which console version ? PS4 or X1

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The mental gymnastics lems have to go through to justify paying for a seriously underpowered console instead of a PS4 is hilarious to watch.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@Awinagainov said:

Theres a considerably gap this generation between PS4 and X1. Its not close like last gen which games were running on same res/fps with small differences here and there on total quality of graphics.

To prove you my point ill ask you , all of you that reading this , a simple question.

Lets say there are 2 versions of the very same game on the very same price tag of 59.99$. The one version runs at 900p or/and 30 fps and the other 1080p and/or 60 fps. WHICH version every single one of us would had purchased ? Remember , same version of X game with same price tag

OFC the BEST possible !!! Who on earth would have gone for the 900p/30fps , way lower quality version on the same price tag ? Noone. Period Therefore which console you should go for if you are NOT , i repeat , if you are NOT that much into X1s exclusives or you dont mind or even better if you like PS4s exclusives ?

PS4 that is. This generation is an easy choice if you are not a hardcore Xbox fan.. Really easy.

Same game on same price tag , which version would you choose ? I would had gone with the best possible since costs the same. SO you would , stop all being hypocrites. Every single one of you would go for the best version. Period

X1, because Playstation controllers will give me severe arthritis due to the terrible thumb stick placement. The Playsation 2 days were agony for my hands.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#189 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@Awinagainov said:

X1, because Playstation controllers will give me severe arthritis due to the terrible thumb stick placement. The Playsation 2 days were agony for my hands.

I just loled ....

You people avoiding to answer a simple question , you finding 123123 other excuses than actually answer the obvious.

Every single one of us , every single one , if they had to choose between 2 , very same version of a game on the very same price tag but with different overall graphical quality .. would have choose the best of the two. Every single one of us.

And now ... its the controller ... lame lems

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@scottpsfan14: I guess I'm heartless then XD

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@Awinagainov said:

I just loled ....

You people avoiding to answer a simple question , you finding 123123 other excuses than actually answer the obvious.

Every single one of us , every single one , if they had to choose between 2 , very same version of a game on the very same price tag but with different overall graphical quality .. would have choose the best of the two. Every single one of us.

he already said he'd go for the most graphically superior version of the game

the next question, his answer is legit. if 100% of the time he's going to be stuck on a platform forcing him to use a controller which causes discomfort....

eh i feel like no further explanation is needed.

'lame lems' - you failed with this. you look like a tool Galileo.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By kinectthedots

@CrownKingArthur said:
@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

I just loled ....

the next question, his answer is legit. if 100% of the time he's going to be stuck on a platform forcing him to use a controller which causes discomfort....

WRONG!

He used the PS2 controller as an excuse and the example and the DS4 is nothing like past PS controllers and completely negates his compliant.

I also hated to use those tiny PS2 and PS3 controllers and actually even preferred the original big xbox controller over PS pads because of my huge hands.

I also went out and replaced all my PS3 controllers with xbox 360 replicas to play my games because the felt better to me...but the DS4? I don't even notice DS4 in my hands, it's so comfortable it actually feels better than the xbox360 controller. I'd only ever want to replace my PS4 controller with another PS4 pad

The PS4 pad is near perfect and nothing like past PS controllers, so that guys complaint using a PS2 pad as an example proves 100% he never even played on a PS4 game pad, they feel nothing alike, so AzatiS calling him out on his post was actually on point.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

I just loled ....

WRONG!

He used the PS2 controller as an excuse and the example and the DS4 is nothing like past PS controllers and completely negates his compliant.

I also hated to use those tiny PS2 and PS3 controllers and actually even preferred the original big xbox controller over PS pads because of my huge hands. I also went out and replaced all my PS3 controllers with xbox 360 replicas to play my games because the felt better to me...but the DS4? I don't even notice DS4 in my hands, it's so comfortable it actually feels better than the xbox360 controller.

The PS4 pad is near perfect and nothing like past PS controllers, so that guys complaint using a PS2 pad as an example proves 100% he never even played on a PS4 game pad, so AzatiS calling him out on his post was actually on point.

WRONG!

"thumb stick placement"

which persists today. his answer was legit.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

@tormentos said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@tormentos: OMFG do you ever just stop? Srsly you whine on and on about 1080p > 900p, 900p > 792p. And the worst part about it is, the people you whine on to really don't give a **** about the difference between the two consoles. The difference is there, sure, but so ****.

Spare people of your benchmark results just for one day. Please.

Don't like it go post else where troll this is SYSTEM WARS,and you just arrived here so either post from your normal account,or stay away from the arguments go into the xbox forums if you want people just agreeing with you.

By the way 1080p>900p>792p>720p that is right and valid especially if the argument was vs a more expensive console that could not deliver.

gonna have to agree with Tormentos here.

Lems must deal with being owned all generation long now. THIS IS SYSTEM WARS for a reason. IF you don't like it, leave the forum.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By kinectthedots

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

I just loled ....

WRONG!

I also hated to use those tiny PS2 and PS3 controllers and actually even preferred the original big xbox controller over PS pads because of my huge hands. I also went out and replaced all my PS3 controllers with xbox 360 replicas to play my games because the felt better to me...but the DS4? I don't even notice DS4 in my hands, it's so comfortable it actually feels better than the xbox360 controller.

The PS4 pad is near perfect and nothing like past PS controllers, so that guys complaint using a PS2 pad as an example proves 100% he never even played on a PS4 game pad, so AzatiS calling him out on his post was actually on point.

WRONG!

"thumb stick placement"

So you never played on a PS4 pad either? It's not the placing that was the problem it was the spacing and how your hands were squished together with the old PS controllers but that is gone with the DS4. The spacing is right and the thumbs fall naturally in place.

So that argument is wrong. As someone who has big hands and avoided past PS controllers I would know. The answer is BS because as I said he used the PS2 as his example.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 CrownKingArthur
@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

I just loled ....

WRONG!

WRONG!

"thumb stick placement"

So you never played on a PS4 pad either? It's not the placing that was the problem it was the spacing and how your hands were squished together with the old PS controllers but that is gone with the DS4. The spacing is right and the thumbs fall naturally in place.

So that argument is wrong. As someone who has big hands and avoided past PS controllers I would know. The answer is BS because as I said he used the PS2 as his example.

you are not able to predict the outcome thehig1 will have playing on a ds4. i respect thehig1's experience and his answers, which in the context of the discussion raise no 'fanboy' flags with me. i have used a dual shock 4, i don't have a problem with those analog sticks, nor the sticks on other controllers.

a pc gamer was asked to choose between systems (which differ in power by less than a GPU upgrade), and he chose one based on the controller he thought he'd enjoy more... on two systems which don't exactly have a selection of controllers available ... so essentially 100% of interactions with the console he'll be stuck using that controller!

Then thehig1 was called a lem <-- that's unreasonable. flat out uncool. when i see people doing shit like this here, i wonder why. everyone can read it, everyone can see that azitas is calling him a lem for no reason whatsoever other than to make a wisecrack. it actually just makes azitas look like a cow rather than thehig1 look like a lem.

honestly, thehig1's thought process seems totally normal to me. play on pc for graphics, when forced to choose among consoles - keep many things in mind including graphics and controllers.

seems to me that azitas asked a question he suspected he knew the answer to, and was disappointed when an impartial person chose xb1 over ps4.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

No, no no no.. Let me repeat my self NO.. Neither console has done anything remotely new or innovative with the hardware they have, they are simply regurgitating the stuff of last gen with shiny graphics.. We are really only seeing new things in the area of Indie titles, which rarely are graphically intensive.. Then on top of that, the most wildly popular games in gaming are not the best looking.. In fact many like League of Legends are technically low par.. To reiterate, if your basing a CONSOLE purchase around solely hardware instead of the library of games.. Your a god damned fool.... The XboxOne's weaker hardware is not going to mean it is going to have lesser quality games.. Hell I find this argument especially hypocritical because if graphics were the main reason to buy a platform, you would all go pc.. But you have found reasons OUTSIDE of graphics and hardware on going the platforms you wanted to go.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Even though I won't encourage you to look at the hardware difference as it's pretty petty to be frank, I would still recommend a PS4 in the overall scheme of things, better value for money

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

You set useless parameters in your question, since most multiplats are on 3 systems and not 2. Yes we would chose the best version, the PC version. You can't set parameters which discount the same game that is usually between £10 to £15 cheaper on release day than the console versions and performs better.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

LOL @ lems using the controller excuse when almost all gamers voted the DS4 as the best controller of all time and the Xbone controller as worse than the PS3 controller.