PS4 owners - how do we all feel now?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Going into the E3 conference last night I was getting so frustrated with the console and I've regretted my purchase to this point. That changed a little bit for me last night. I saw some things I really liked, uncharted looked great (although I find it kind of bland now) Bloodborne seems really interesting.

TLOU remastered is too soon for me. I just finished the game and I may buy it eventually...

I feel like sony is relying on multiplats way too much here though. The last 2 trailers were for games available on the X1 as well. (GTAV, and Batman) Which I'll end up getting for my X1 anyway. I do feel better about the console and where it's going but I still feel there is a lack of exclusives I'm really interested in. It's still early in the systems life and what I really see is that Sony is on the right track here, I'm much happier.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Regarding multiplats, the same goes for MS as well. Gone are the ps2 days where one could easily name 10 high profile exclusives. Nowadays, releasing a game on one console alone could net 2 million sales, about 100 mil bucks in revenue. So unless MS or Sony is willing to compensate a publisher by that amount, they'll likely not agree to total exclusivity. And if Sony or MS goes around handing out 100 mil bucks to every publisher, they'd have lost the generation (from a financial standpoint) before it even started

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

@Bishop1310: haven't regretted my purchase at all. I already have a backlog of games that I haven't been able to catch up on, especially recently with Infamous SS, MLB The Show, and Watchdogs releasing recently. On the other hand, I haven't turned my xbox1 on since about 2 weeks after titanfall.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Trading mine in for The One baby. tehe :P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Only morons buy a PS4

That shit has *no* games.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I've been enjoying my PS4 since launch and plan to continue to enjoy it.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

I feel sick to my stomach. Sony sucked it up.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

The last 2 trailers were for games available on the X1 as well. (GTAV, and Batman) Which I'll end up getting for my X1 anyway.

Why? Because brand loyalty is more important than resolution or performance?

Suit yourself, I guess.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Only morons buy a PS4

That shit has *no* games.

Only morons call people morons for playing what they like.

I feel the same as before. I have a great gaming machine.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Telekill said:

I've been enjoying my PS4 since launch and plan to continue to enjoy it.

I just dont have time to play all the games, but that's a good problem to have.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I was hoping this E3 would give me cause to bite the bullet and purchase the PS4. I thought I would either wait for Drive club and The Order to release then buy one.....or I would buy one next month based on E3.

Unfortunately E3 didnt give me anything to get super excited about. The Master chief collection will be keeping me busy for a long time anyway. Gotta be at least 60 hours of campaign thats before I touch Halo 2 multiplayer. God thats gonna be fun.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'd feel stupid for not having a PS4 at this point. Great stuff to look forward to :)

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Ps4 exclusive content in Diablo 3 with monsters from TLOU, cant be more happy !!

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

The 2 games I was hoping to see at E3 was there, Uncharted and No Man Sky. So I'm very happy with my PS4

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I'd feel stupid for not having a PS4 at this point. Great stuff to look forward to :)

Can't wait for LBP3, one of the best platforming series. The new sacks look promising, and bc dlc, that's how its done. Bloodborn, 1886, UC, Grim. Great times for ps4 owners.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@clr84651: No games justification

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Well, considering all the multiplats run better on the PS4 and I like games like inFamous, MLB the Show and Killzone, I have no complaints.

Bloodborne, DriveClub, Little Big Planet 3, Planetside 2, Uncharted 4, many of the Indy games...all look really awesome. I never got to play TLOU because I never owned a PS3, so that's a new game for me too.

And GTA5 lets you bring over the GTAO X360/PS3 content too.

The PS4 is established and has more awesome content on the way. And oh yea, PS+ gives you free games every month.

I don't see what the problem is? Unless you suffer from ADD or you bought a XB1 and are trying to feel better about wasting $100 on Kinect and inferior hardware, there's nothing but good reasons to own a PS4!

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I feel like i made the right choice. I have no issues with the ps4. It's the best console I've ever owned actually and has everything i want.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

I don't have a ps4 yet but now I feel more reason to buy one.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I think that I'm the only one that glade all the big budget games are delaying for PS4 due to going to have a baby girl in couple of month lol

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

I don't have a ps4 yet but now I feel more reason to buy one.

@Netherscourge said:

Well, considering all the multiplats run better on the PS4 and I like games like inFamous, MLB the Show and Killzone, I have no complaints.

Bloodborne, DriveClub, Little Big Planet 3, Planetside 2, Uncharted 4, many of the Indy games...all look really awesome. I never got to play TLOU because I never owned a PS3, so that's a new game for me too.

And GTA5 lets you bring over the GTAO X360/PS3 content too.

The PS4 is established and has more awesome content on the way. And oh yea, PS+ gives you free games every month.

I don't see what the problem is? Unless you suffer from ADD or you bought a XB1 and are trying to feel better about wasting $100 on Kinect and inferior hardware, there's nothing but good reasons to own a PS4!

Yeah I also feel that the people sticking with a x1 and avoiding the ps4 are just trying to justify their purchase. This E3 made clear that the PS4 is the console to get. It's the general consensus.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@clr84651: No games justification

It has plenty of games. Fans of other systems say this crap every time a PS console releases for the first 1+ years. It's redundant & false.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Bishop1310 said:

The last 2 trailers were for games available on the X1 as well. (GTAV, and Batman) Which I'll end up getting for my X1 anyway.

Suit yourself, I guess.

You are assuming both those games will have a higher resolution and better performance on the Ps4, we don't know that yet so you are jumping the gun a little bit are you not?

Considering one is a port of a last gen game i highly doubt it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja

@ladyblue said:

@Shewgenja said:

Can't wait for LBP3, one of the best platforming series. The new sacks look promising, and bc dlc, that's how its done. Bloodborn, 1886, UC, Grim. Great times for ps4 owners.

Yeah, and my PS3 crapped out literally a week before GTAV launched. So, I've been patiently waiting for either a PC version or a PS4 version. That particularly made my day last night even though I could care less for most last-gen ports like TLOU.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
@aroxx_ab said:

Ps4 exclusive content in Diablo 3 with monsters from TLOU, cant be more happy !!

You're right. That's a system seller.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Suit yourself, I guess.

Isn't that the reason you cows stuck with the PS3 last gen? The difference in multiplats is minor at best.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Badosh said:
@aroxx_ab said:

You're right. That's a system seller.

Topic was how "Ps4 owners" feel and nothing else

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

After E3, I'm really glad I upgraded my PC... the most exciting games I saw are going to be best on my computer. I did see some console exclusives I look forward to, but maybe 3 per console. Bloodbourne in particular looks nice.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

I feel great knowing that PS4 is the superior system.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LadyBlue

@Shewgenja said:

@ladyblue said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yeah, and my PS3 crapped out literally a week before GTAV launched. So, I've been patiently waiting for either a PC version or a PS4 version. That particularly made my day last night even though I could care less for most last-gen ports like TLOU.

Did you see the comparison pics? Looks a lot better, I was expecting a bump in res, but they took their time to improve it noticeably.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

glad i bought one early. im half regretting the xb1 purchase until sunset overdrive but all in all im glad i have both consoles...not missing out this time around (i didnt miss out last gen but i was hella late with the 360)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja

@ladyblue said:

Did you see the comparison pics? Looks a lot better, I was expecting a bump in res, but they took their time to improve it noticeably.

Ah, no I did not! I'll have to check it out when work slows down. That's great news, though :)

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

For Sony, E3 2014 was all about showing off new games, new hardware (PS TVs and Morpheus VR) and new streaming features for past games and expanding Playstation fans' libraries.

For Microsoft, E3 2014 was all about easing XB1 spending guilt.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LadyBlue

@Shewgenja said:

@ladyblue said:

Ah, no I did not! I'll have to check it out when work slows down. That's great news, though :)

Here, they switch too fast, but you can still make it out.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shewgenja

That is a dramatic upgrade! Awww yeaaah! You rock :)

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Feel better than ever. Having the best exclusives and best multiplat dlc...it's a great time to be a ps4 owner.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

I hadn't regretted my purchase at all to begin with... I've loved plenty of the games so far.

Regarding multi-plats, that's mostly what's available on either system, and they're better on PS4... If I plan to buy a game that's available for both, I'm going to get it on PS4 anyway.

Although I like a couple of the Xbox exclusives, I'm overall more satisfied with the ones either exclusive on the PS4 or coming out first on the PS4. Very good year ahead in my opinion.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

As a PS4 owner I found the Sony conference to be just....meh...

They showed a couple exclusives, but none of which made anyone super excited. I personally am not sold on The Order, as it looks like a combination of a shooter and a cinematic game like Heavy Rain. From there we essentially had nothing, they took a bunch of jabs at MS (like always), announced a bunch of Indy games (which can run on any PC), showed more multiplats than MS, then they talked for like 20 mins straight about TV. Bloodborne looks ok but we need to see more, same goes for Let it Die. They went out with Uncharted 4, which was incredibly predictable and boring (but I do love uncharted)

As a Ps4/X1 owner I see very few titles that interest me on Sony's side, and it's unfortunate because it's a great piece of hardware. The only game Sony made me feel like I needed for PS4 was Destiny. Early Alpha, Beta, and loads of extra content, that's not bad.

But when I'm buying so many titles on my X1 (sunset, Halo collection, Phantom Dust, Fable Legends, etc.) Sony has to step their game up.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Feeling like there isn't much worthwhile playing now and it looks like that will remain the same for the rest of the year.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

As a PS4 owner I'd be pretty pissed if it was the only gaming machine I owned, luckily thats not the case and I'm content to wait for some of the big games to eventually drop.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

I think that I'm the only one that glade all the big budget games are delaying for PS4 due to going to have a baby girl in couple of month lol

lol nope having a baby boy in october so I have to slow down on spending myself.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

how could anyone regret their purchase when there's no other options? How i feel about it? Same as i felt before e3. For now its collecting dust because im playing dks2 and its all that matters

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

EEh, a few exclusives that looked fairly good, alot of multiplats that runs far better on my PC.

The saddest part?

Of all the conferances Sonys was arguably the best one, even with the focus on multiplats, soe of which has been on pc for a long time.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: I agree. Thats why its better to have both. You know the feeling of owning an xbox 360 in 2013 when there was nothing coming out and the PS3 was getting good games? well in 2014 its the opposite. The xbox one is getting all the games and the PS4 is getting crap.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: I agree. Thats why its better to have both. You know the feeling of owning an xbox 360 in 2013 when there was nothing coming out and the PS3 was getting good games? well in 2014 its the opposite. The xbox one is getting all the games and the PS4 is getting crap.

XB1 getting all the games? lol You're a bit confused there.

#thankyouPC

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

I'm pretty happy! Lot's of great titles, Uncharted 4, Far Cry 4, Little Big Planet 3, Infamous Second Light.....it was a good E3 for everyone I thought, including Xbox.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Only retail exclusives releasing this year are Driveclub and LBP3 for PS4 and Sunset Overdrive for XB1. The rest of the games are multiplatform. Remasters like Halo Collection and The Last Of Us aren't exclusives either.

fyron256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fyron256
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

@Heil68:

What games lol? The shit is dry as a desert. Unless multiplats and indies quench your thirst lol.

Last gen the 360 went thru similar conditions with multiplats but according to ponies it had no games.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's "oh my gosh ps4 best ever. Oh my gosh no time to play all these great games."

Lol shut up pony. But don't worry last guardian is almost here. Oh wait.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

I feel like this year is good but not great, I feel 2015 is when we will see some amazing first party titles other than that the features are cool and don't catered to everyone albeit long but In the end unless DriveClub and The Order get released this year theres not much though unless you look at multiplats which will surely do better in PS4 land

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I loved both MS and Sony conferences! Many multiplats, sure, which means i'll be able to play most games i want in just one platform.

Only fanboys care about exclusivities :p