"PS4 at 5.3 million while Xbone at 3.6 million...."

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Couth_ said:

According to cboat, MS is ready to drop kinect if Titanfall doesn't move xbones. I'm pretty sure Titanfall will move some xbones but the updated UI already looks a lot more non-voice-command friendly

I, for one, hope Titanflop does well enough to not make MS slash the price but just badly enough so the console continues its 2014 shamble.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Watch Microsoft flip out and shamelessly hit back with a lame ass PR sales chit-chat about how they are on track to "sell 5 million" so that their sale numbers don't look like williamRLbaker's ugly ass facial hair.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Couth_ said:

According to cboat, MS is ready to drop kinect if Titanfall doesn't move xbones. I'm pretty sure Titanfall will move some xbones but the updated UI already looks a lot more non-voice-command friendly

I, for one, hope Titanflop does well enough to not make MS slash the price but just badly enough so the console continues its 2014 shamble.

hope??? its going to sell bro and you are going to hear it from everyone about it.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

And in regards to the topic, King is slaying Da Lessers.

#OhMyGodny

#!

#YeahMayne!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not surprised the ps4 is cheaper and better

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

@I_can_haz: So, what you're trying to say is that both consoles are doing well.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Couth_ said:

There doesn't seem to even be that middle ground. Microsoft has been so quick to make despertate impulse changes to the console.. Unless Titanfall sells 10 million on xbone i bet they will do the kinectless sku lol

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@2ndwonder said:

Both are doing well, as I stated before, maybe not on this forum. 5.3 million is great and so is 3.6. But most on this forum need to realize that the ps4 is out in x3 of the countries compared to the xbox. Unless something changed and I didn't know about it.

Except the Xflop number is wrong. No way in Hell Xflop sold 600K with only 140K of those coming from the US.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

@Gatman32: If you count selling ~1.7 Million less consoles doing well (well competitively speaking), then yes they are both doing well, oh and the Xbox* is selling more games than Sony PlayStation so there's that.

*Xbox Family includes Xbox One and Xbox 360 games sales.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

Both are doing well, as I stated before, maybe not on this forum. 5.3 million is great and so is 3.6. But most on this forum need to realize that the ps4 is out in x3 of the countries compared to the xbox. Unless something changed and I didn't know about it.

Except the Xflop number is wrong. No way in Hell Xflop sold 600K with only 140K of those coming from the US.

Even if it did or didn't, you still ignored the main part of my post.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@2ndwonder said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

They are getting beat in their main two market with tons of unsold consoles and you are talking about countries they haven't launched in. Microsoft better find a way to get above 200K in the US or Xflop will dead before it hits those Tier 2 countries. It is basically on the same trajectory as the Wii U, but not a complete disaster YET.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Gatman32 said:

@I_can_haz: So, what you're trying to say is that both consoles are doing well.

No, the Xbone is doing terrible compared to the PS4. If you compare it do the WiiU then yea it's doing "well".

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kitty  Moderator

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

They are getting beat in their main two market with tons of unsold consoles and you are talking about countries they haven't launched in. Microsoft better find a way to get above 200K in the US or Xflop will dead before it hits those Tier 2 countries. It is basically on the same trajectory as the Wii U, but not a complete disaster YET.

You know why they are getting beat? It's not because of the power difference like this forum goes on about. It's because of the price. I also think it needs more appealing games, actually all three do, imo. If it comes down on the price and it gets a game that everyone is into, the sales will go up. Not on the same tragectory, it wouldn't even as many sales as it does now if it were. I'd go as far as to say if it were, it would be at maybe 2.5 million or less. Now that would be a real concern.

3,600,000 / 12 = 300 k
5,300,000 / 40 = 132.5 k

The amount I divided by is just a guess of the amount of countries for sales numbers.
Explain how that is on the same path as the WiiU? I'm in no way trying to make one look better than the other, but you guys go on as if it isn't selling at all, when it IS. It just isn't beating the PS4.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GrenadeLauncher

@tonitorsi said:

Watch Microsoft flip out and shamelessly hit back with a lame ass PR sales chit-chat about how they are on track to "sell 5 million" so that their sale numbers don't look like williamRLbaker's ugly ass facial hair.

740 million hours of fun!

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GrenadeLauncher

@jsmoke03 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Couth_ said:

hope??? its going to sell bro and you are going to hear it from everyone about it.

That's literally what I just said. Would be funny if the 360 or PC version did better though.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

So within a month or so the ps4 wil have surpassed the wiiu....

The x1 is not that far off too....

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Will be very interesting to see how well it will sell in Japan, the land of handheld lovers.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@2ndwonder said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

You know why they are getting beat? It's not because of the power difference like this forum goes on about. It's because of the price. I also think it needs more appealing games, actually all three do, imo. If it comes down on the price and it gets a game that everyone is into, the sales will go up. Not on the same tragectory, it wouldn't even as many sales as it does now if it were. I'd go as far as to say if it were, it would be at maybe 2.5 million or less. Now that would be a real concern.

3,600,000 / 12 = 300 k

5,300,000 / 40 = 132.5 k

The amount I divided by is just a guess of the amount of countries for sales numbers.

Explain how that is on the same path as the WiiU? I'm in no way trying to make one look better than the other, but you guys go on as if it isn't selling at all, when it IS. It just isn't beating the PS4.

Xbox One did great in November and December. Selling around 140K in the US in January is terrible regardless of PS4's numbers. To me that shows that all the hardcore lems bought it and now the true demand the console has been revealed. I would expect February to be the same or worse then everything hinges on Titanfall...that is not a position I would want to be in.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@2ndwonder said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@2ndwonder said:

3,600,000 / 12 = 300 k

5,300,000 / 40 = 132.5 k

Only your looking at the math wrong (at least by perspective). Obviously each country each console is available in isnt selling around the same amount of units. There are countries with a very much larger market for these units sold. Example: PS4 is obviously gonna have more sales in the US than a country like Oman or South Africa ( a lot more)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Gotta love the estimates.

I also love all the 'they will drop Kinect' foolishness. Kinect is going nowhere. Project Spark is about to launch and Kinect is a big part of the game. A game which actually allows mo cap abilities. Kinect Rivals is also about to launch as well. Both of these games should score a 8 which will help solidify Kinect's game purposes. Also the rumor is that the diskless sku is what will get the price drop which is something they should have launched with in the beginning. I have yet to use any disks in my One. The only time I did was to make sure the drive was not defective when I first hooked it up.

Cows keep talking about price but what we have seen is a higher attach rate on the One and that gap will get wider in 2014 for sure with all the great games coming to The One. It is a long race Sony Fan so buckle up and watch the games determine the winner not a brief price advantage.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Man makes me wonder if EA are hitting themselves right now

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Cows keep talking about price but what we have seen is a higher attach rate on the One and that gap will get wider in 2014 for sure with all the great games coming to The One. It is a long race Sony Fan so buckle up and watch the games determine the winner not a brief price advantage.

LOL lems care about games now? so what happened to the "console sales matter" during the x360 generation when it kept doing well in NA with no games at all for years? PS3 was destroying it left and right with games last gen and all lems said was multiplats matter, best multiplats matter and other sh*t?

man xbox fans are amusing

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Poor lems

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Gotta love the estimates.

I also love all the 'they will drop Kinect' foolishness. Kinect is going nowhere. Project Spark is about to launch and Kinect is a big part of the game. A game which actually allows mo cap abilities. Kinect Rivals is also about to launch as well. Both of these games should score a 8 which will help solidify Kinect's game purposes. Also the rumor is that the diskless sku is what will get the price drop which is something they should have launched with in the beginning. I have yet to use any disks in my One. The only time I did was to make sure the drive was not defective when I first hooked it up.

LOL kinect rival, project spark and LMFAO at great games coming tho the one.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kitty  Moderator

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xbox One did great in November and December. Selling around 140K in the US in January is terrible regardless of PS4's numbers. To me that shows that all the hardcore lems bought it and now the true demand the console has been revealed. I would expect February to be the same or worse then everything hinges on Titanfall...that is not a position I would want to be in.

Yeah I have to agree that 140k is terrible. Especially if you look at the numbers for the 2 months before. I don't see anything out this month that would suggest a sales increase. But it IS tax time here in the US for some places. I'm not gonna bank on that though. Titanfall could move units though. Despite if the game is Good, decent or bad. It's getting a lot of attention and if it is marketed the right way, it could have an impact like the CoD games do. The only way I see sales staying consistent is if good/decent games keep coming out.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

We'll see if One picks up with Titanfall. It did really well the first couple months but not so much last month. The Wii U seemed to be doing good right out the gate also. I think Titanfall will increase sales a good amount though, seems like lots of people are hyped for it.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I have to wonder how MS will stand up against The Order 1886, Deep Down, Drive Club, MLB The Show 14 and Infamous Second Son? Heck, those are only the games that we know are coming in 2014. We haven't even hit E3 yet where there will be other announcements. I own both consoles, but at this point the only game I see myself playing on the X1 for the forseeable future is Titanfall.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kitty  Moderator
@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

Only your looking at the math wrong (at least by perspective). Obviously each country each console is available in isnt selling around the same amount of units. There are countries with a very much larger market for these units sold. Example: PS4 is obviously gonna have more sales in the US than a country like Oman or South Africa ( a lot more)

You are totally right. I expect the major countries to have bigger numbers and the smaller ones vice versa. But those smaller numbers do add up. I'm not saying that if it had the same amount the gap would be close or anything. But the One could be over the 4 million mark, or at least we are lead on to believe that it's at 3.6 atm. I honestly don't know how true those numbers are. But yeah I know these consoles won't sell big numbers in the smaller places and that 300k average (which is a guess), is mainly because how well it sold in the bigger places.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Sony, after declaring that its PlayStation 4 was out-selling the Xbox One almost two-to-one in January, has confirmed that it has sold more than 5.3 million PS4s between its launch on November 15 and February 8. The Xbox One, by comparison, had sold 3 million units by the end of 2013. This is before the PS4 launches in its home country of Japan, too; once that occurs on February 22 we can expect the PS4 to surge even further ahead of the Xbox One.

The most interesting data only appears once we tally up both the raw sales figures and the two-to-one tidbit, however. We don’t have an updated sales figure from Microsoft — so, at the end of 2013, Sony had sold 4.2 million PS4s, and Microsoft had sold 3 million Xbox Ones. Then, in January, the PS4 “nearly doubled” the sales of the Xbox One, ending up at 5.3 million units by February 8. If we work backwards, this means that the Xbox One only sold around 600,000 units between January 1 and February 8, while the PS4 sold 1.1 million units.

This would put the current, estimated total at 5.3 million vs. 3.6 million — a wide gap that will only expand once the PS4 is released in Japan. The Xbox One has now released in all of its major territories, so it sales figures will now gradually decline until the next holiday season. Following the surge of sales in Japan, we wouldn’t be surprised if, come the end of March, the PS4′s total sales are more than twice that of the Xbox One.

Sony had originally forecast just five million units sold by the end of March. At this rate, we could be looking at around 10 million consoles sold by the end of the year. The Wii U, by comparison, has sold around 6 million units since its release 14 months ago. At this point, it’s fairly safe to say that the PS4 has had one of the largest console launches in history, and will probably go on to become the fastest-selling console in history (it already appears to be beating the Nintendo Wii and DS, which are probably its only rivals). Whether the PS4 (or Xbox One) will go on to rival the monumental all-time sales of the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo DS, though, remains to be seen.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/176816-ps4-sales-hit-5-3-million-ahead-of-japan-launch-while-xbox-one-sits-pretty-at-3-6-million

I think it's time for M$ to drop Kinect. At this rate Sony will be at 10 million by E3. People that are hoping that Titanfall or releasing in "Key territories" will save the day are delusional. Xbone will see a nice bump in March and April but after that things will normalize. They are getting slaughtered and they need to do something fast. They've lost NA and UK their only strong markets, and Sony dominates EU. All this is happening before the PS4 launches in Japan in the next 4 days.

What do you think SW? Should M$ drop Kinect and slash prices or am I wrong and they should cling to Titanfall and hope for the best during the holidays?

Hardware numbers (GAF estimates)

WiiU - 5.9 million

PS4 - 5.3 million

Xbone - 3.2 million

I agree with neogaf 3.6 for the xbox one is to high,it sold 143k in January,in US which is the strongest market,i think like 3.2 is more accurate there is no way the xbox one sold more outside US,3 times or more outside in January.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#81 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

I think this will end very similarly to the 6th gen. Sony the WW favourite, Xbone/N64 decent in America & poor everywhere else and then there's a third console no one really talks about.

The difference is that PS4 is actually a great piece of hardware! PS2 just held down the generation with its popularity and poor design.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@donalbane said:

Yet Microsoft has made a larger profit. Just $3.7 million more, but still... more.

One reason the PS4 is selling better is due to the lower price, but the higher price has advantages as far as Microsoft is concerned. According to this site, Sony makes $19 profit for every PS4 sold as opposed to Microsoft's $29 for every Xbox One. 5.3 million times $19 = 100.7 million in Sony hardware profits, and 3.6 million times $29 = 104.4 million for Microsoft's hardware profits. So Microsoft has actually made more money on hardware alone so far. Not saying that install base doesn't matter, just interesting food for thought.

Is not just price,the PS3 outsold the xbox 360 every where but UK and NA,even that it was up to $300 more expensive,the original xbox was $299 while been stronger than the PS2,and the GC was $100 cheaper not always price is the reason.

Yeah but how make bigger profits with games.?

If half of the PS4 user base get Killzone that = 2.65 million copies X $60 =$219,000,000

If half the xbox one user base get Forza that = 1.6 millions X $60 = 96,000,000

Just so you know Killzone SF as of January 29 sold 2.1 million copies.

Forza 5 has just sold 1 million copies the news came out today..

So 2.1 millions X $60 $126,000,000

1 million units of Forza X $60 = $60,000,000

Killzone SF let sony $66 millions more than Forza let MS,that is way more that the $4 million more MS did on hardware.

@donalbane said:

Not trying to be contrarian, but January NPD numbers revealed that Microsoft was leading Sony in software sales, primarily from their 360 software. And as I said, the profits figures are merely food for thought. If you think I'm making concrete statements about sales to paint some absolutist view one way or the other, you are mistaken. It's just another layer of understanding for people to mull over.

No they joined xbox 360 games sales with xbox one sales and claimed they sold more games,the only 2 games that sold better on xbox one and not by much were Ghost and Lego,all other exclusives sold better on PS4,and Killzone and knack has outsold Forza,DR3 and Ryse combined,that is one of the advantages of selling more units.

The 360 is a last gen console,and i am sure that if sony would have joint PS3 sales with PS4 ones it would have outsold them as well.

@shawn30 said:

@WadeFan: Agreed. Perosnally, I think they should just take the freaking hit drop it to $390 with Kinect. Titanfall will help, but this is so similar to the PS3 in terms of if you do a price drop and have the compelling software, you'll slowly get back in the game. Also I think the Jan bump for PS4 was partially due to the back-fill finally being filled. But we shall see. Overall though the more expensive product is going to struggle against the cheaper one until they hit a sweet spot price wise and "that" must play game hits. I think MS is concerned, but far from in crisis mode. A price drop, hit all territories with features enabled and just hammer the software front with exclusives.

It is sold out every where again so i don't think finally the PS4 shortage is over.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#83  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

Hope sony doesn't become arrogant because of these sales.

They will. Every company shows arrogance and if Nintendo can repeat that, Sony can too (I know they are different companies, but as different as they are, some of the things they do are EXACTLY the same).

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

All those PS4 sales and yet my ONE is more appealing everytime I turn it on. I think I'm going to give it some more piano polish today and give it a Monster Power Surge enema. I love that black beauty.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@kuu2 said:

LOL lems care about games now? so what happened to the "console sales matter" during the x360 generation when it kept doing well in NA with no games at all for years? PS3 was destroying it left and right with games last gen and all lems said was multiplats matter, best multiplats matter and other sh*t?

man xbox fans are amusing

The games last gen were on the 36o just like they are on The One. Cows seem to forget the first 5 years of the 36os life compared to Sony and then even after that MSoft concentrated on Kinect (They werent going to let it die like Sony did with the WiiToo). Sony had 3 great years of gaming on a system out for 8, congrats.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GrenadeLauncher
@kuu2 said:

What games?

Also I agree they should launch a discless Xbone. MS deserve their own PSPGo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#87 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@donalbane said:

Yet Microsoft has made a larger profit. Just $3.7 million more, but still... more.

One reason the PS4 is selling better is due to the lower price, but the higher price has advantages as far as Microsoft is concerned. According to this site, Sony makes $19 profit for every PS4 sold as opposed to Microsoft's $29 for every Xbox One. 5.3 million times $19 = 100.7 million in Sony hardware profits, and 3.6 million times $29 = 104.4 million for Microsoft's hardware profits. So Microsoft has actually made more money on hardware alone so far. Not saying that install base doesn't matter, just interesting food for thought.

Lol, what you dont get is that the popularity of a console can turn viral and outsell the others by large numbers in the long run. Also the console that sells more usually sells more software and peripherals aswell so in the long run, Sony might have the biggest profit if it continues to sell like this. Profitabily in gaming has more to do with software than hardware, ya know?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Teh salez warzzzzzz.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89 Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

lOL GAF ESTIMATES? Xbox is above 3.6. The Wii U numbers are ass pulls.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@I_can_haz said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

If MS drop the kinect I think a lot of people who already purchase The XB1 will be really piss off!

Same thing I'm thinking. I know I'd be pissed if I paid $500 for an Xbone and Kinect and suddenly M$ dropped it. It'd be sending a horrible signal to their consumers but at the same time they have little choice. It's either they do a massive price cut with Kinect still included or they drop Kinect. Either way they are gonna lose a ton of money and with M$ investors' eyes on selling Xbone division this can't be good news for Xbone.

. But then compared to the PS Camera which is ~$50, that would be a hard sell to the untrained eye.

Your conclusions make no sense. Kinect outsold the old PSeye, the Wonderbook and Move put together. What make you think separating the Kinect will somehow cause problems with people wanting to buy it?

Kinect may be an issue being bundled, but alone it sold over 25 million. Technically, if Kinect was a game, Kinect would be the best selling game.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

LOL now Gaf estimates > Mediacrate, NPD, VGChartz etc. You know what Cows? I give up. Just do whatever you want. Use whatever gaming sites review scores that make your argument better. Sales numbers? Just make them up. Do graphics, multiplats, paying for online matter now? Whatever makes you happy. Knock yourselves out.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@tlgersuperman:

The first Kinect sold very strong at first but those numbers dropped off the following year when everybody realized it wasn't as great as it was hyped up to be on the Oprah show. Also if you look into the sales numbers, most Kinect games sold really bad outside of Kinect Sports and Dance Central.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Truly stunning what SONY has been able to accomplish in short order.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@tormentos: Is not just price,the PS3 outsold the xbox 360 every where but UK and NA,even that it was up to $300 more expensive,the original xbox was $299 while been stronger than the PS2,and the GC was $100 cheaper not always price is the reason.

I'm not really sure why I am wasting my time pointing this out to you, because you're so deluded you aren't going to listen anyway. You do know that the PS3 didn't start outselling anything until after the price drop to $299? Before that the 360 was solidly stomping it's butt.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

They really need to do something before Titanfall. Will it really move units? Look at it from the perspective of someone who doesn't own one, and doesn't have XBL Gold. Between the system, the game, and a year Live Gold sub, that's an investment that is north of $599 US DOLLARS. Which as we saw last gen from PS3, is not a winning proposition. They have to find a way to take the bite out of that investment, even with it being tax time.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

how the hell can Xbox one sold more or less 600k units when ps4 outsold it in america for january and europe situation is looking grim with biggest buyer UK and germany both fallen for Ps4. hmm -.-

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol at lem hypocrites

"bu..bu..bu..sales don't matter!"

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@-Damien- said:

that's not true.

they're being generous with XBONE number.

XBONE was at 3M at the end of Dec 2013. We know XBONE january NPD is 140K. there's no way other 12 territories is more than US NPD number. So I think XBONE number is 3.3M at most

I agree, the lead is probably 2 million. There's no way the EU/Other Xbone sales surpassed January NPD figures.

Assumptions=/=Facts dudes, you can assume all you want about 'EU/other xbone sales' but without any solid numbers it means squat

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MisterXMedia
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@-Damien- said:

that's not true.

they're being generous with XBONE number.

XBONE was at 3M at the end of Dec 2013. We know XBONE january NPD is 140K. there's no way other 12 territories is more than US NPD number. So I think XBONE number is 3.3M at most

I agree, the lead is probably 2 million. There's no way the EU/Other Xbone sales surpassed January NPD figures.

Assumptions=/=Facts dudes, you can assume all you want about 'EU/other xbone sales' but without any solid numbers it means squat

And there's no solid proof that the Xbone doesn't have stacked APU with a 15 TF GPU. Doesn't make my conspiracy theories any more believable.