PS3 will be fine even without MGS and FF

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoldenGamer99
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts
It's highly unlikely that these games will go multiplat anyway. But Think about it, people who owned PS2, they owned more than just MGS, FF, DMC, GTA. If Playstation was your favorite console last gen, buying a 360 just because it gets a few of playstations games won't give you the playstation experience you've grown to love. I have about 40 PS2 games in my closet. Not just 5 AAA games. Playstation give consumers great variety and quality titles, thats why Ps3 will win. There first and second party titles help alot as well. They may not have been system sellers on their own, but considering Sony kept pumping these game out is what made PS2 a success. These great quanity of games appealed to alot of people. Wii could give PS3 a run for its money if Nintendo stop Wii from being gimmicky. But with 360 failing in Japan, and only selling 3.5 mill in europe with no competition, a year head start, and a really low price, I don't think Sony has anything to worry about. 360 can't overtake PS3 by selliing well in north america alone.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
Okay.  But they won't be fine without games the public is interested in sitting on shelves SOON.  they also won't be fine until they convince the public the console is worth the price.
I_love_sony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 I_love_sony
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
Without MGS and FF PS3 is nothing but a media player :D
kutaragism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kutaragism
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
A lot of naive fanboys look at it as just a game machine. It is an exceptional game machine, but at the same time it's a movie player, communications device and super computer while at the same time maintaining that super sleek look.
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
wall of text ftw.
Avatar image for inkybinkydonkey
inkybinkydonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 inkybinkydonkey
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts
Without MGS and FF PS3 is nothing but a media player :DI_love_sony
if u have a ps2 you know that not true
Final-Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Final-Darkness
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts
pre-damage control 4tw!!!
BobElSnob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BobElSnob
Member since 2006 • 326 Posts
A PS3 without FF and MGS would be in the same place an Xbox without Halo would have been: Maybe still going, but far from any real sucess.
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
As long as it costs more than the competition than it makes no sense to purchase.
I_love_sony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_love_sony
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
[QUOTE="I_love_sony"]Without MGS and FF PS3 is nothing but a media player :DxBALOx

but PS2 actually had those in pocket (GTA - timed exclusive, MGS, FF, DMC, Ace Combat) with PS3 is another story
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
It's highly unlikely that these games will go multiplat anyway. But Think about it, people who owned PS2, they owned more than just MGS, FF, DMC, GTA. If Playstation was your favorite console last gen, buying a 360 just because it gets a few of playstations games won't give you the playstation experience you've grown to love. I have about 40 PS2 games in my closet. Not just 5 AAA games. Playstation give consumers great variety and quality titles, thats why Ps3 will win. There first and second party titles help alot as well. They may not have been system sellers on their own, but considering Sony kept pumping these game out is what made PS2 a success. These great quanity of games appealed to alot of people. Wii could give PS3 a run for its money if Nintendo stop Wii from being gimmicky. But with 360 failing in Japan, and only selling 3.5 mill in europe with no competition, a year head start, and a really low price, I don't think Sony has anything to worry about. 360 can't overtake PS3 by selliing well in north america alone. GoldenGamer99
i stopped reading after buying a 360 wont get you the playstation experience. because the truth is the ps3 doesnt deliver the playstation experience that i loved last gen. so while you seem to think these games going multiplatform wont hurt sony sales, in real life they will. no one is going to spend 600 bucks just to play what 2 really good titles. sony needs to hold on to their expected exclusive list if they wanna move some systems. the 360 so far has outsold the ps3 in NA, which is probably the largest market of gamers right now. all MS has to do is see if the ps3 sells like crap over in the UK and let time take care of the rest.
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
It's highly unlikely that these games will go multiplat anyway. But Think about it, people who owned PS2, they owned more than just MGS, FF, DMC, GTA. If Playstation was your favorite console last gen, buying a 360 just because it gets a few of playstations games won't give you the playstation experience you've grown to love. I have about 40 PS2 games in my closet. Not just 5 AAA games. Playstation give consumers great variety and quality titles, thats why Ps3 will win. There first and second party titles help alot as well. They may not have been system sellers on their own, but considering Sony kept pumping these game out is what made PS2 a success. These great quanity of games appealed to alot of people. Wii could give PS3 a run for its money if Nintendo stop Wii from being gimmicky. But with 360 failing in Japan, and only selling 3.5 mill in europe with no competition, a year head start, and a really low price, I don't think Sony has anything to worry about. 360 can't overtake PS3 by selliing well in north america alone. GoldenGamer99
i dont think fanboys will read this without dissing it afterwards.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

It's highly unlikely that these games will go multiplat anyway.GoldenGamer99

:lol:  Are you kidding me?  FF is up for grabs for MS right now (check the 3rd link in my sig), and rumor has it that Konami is trying to force Kojima to make MGS4 a multi-platform game.

But Think about it, people who owned PS2, they owned more than just MGS, FF, DMC, GTA. If Playstation was your favorite console last gen, buying a 360 just because it gets a few of playstations games won't give you the playstation experience you've grown to love. I have about 40 PS2 games in my closet. Not just 5 AAA games. Playstation give consumers great variety and quality titles, thats why Ps3 will win. There first and second party titles help alot as well. They may not have been system sellers on their own, but considering Sony kept pumping these game out is what made PS2 a success. These great quanity of games appealed to alot of people.

True that PS2 was great.  But the PS3 doesn't have nearly as many great exclusive games that interest me as the PS2 did.  And the 360 has a lot of games that are interesting to me.  Sony has lost its touch with the PS3.  They don't have that many good games coming out for it, and the few games that are coming out for it are slowly being announced for the 360 too.  And first party games won't do it.  Look at the N64.  First party games didn't help Nintendo, even though their games were great.  People switched to the PS1 because they had a lot of great games to play from 3rd party companies, as well as first party games.  But now 3rd party companies are releasing more and more multi-platform games, and with the price of the PS3, this is not a good thing for Sony.

Wii could give PS3 a run for its money if Nintendo stop Wii from being gimmicky. But with 360 failing in Japan, and only selling 3.5 mill in europe with no competition, a year head start, and a really low price, I don't think Sony has anything to worry about. 360 can't overtake PS3 by selliing well in north america alone.

If the 360 gets FF, then what's to stop Japan from getting the 360, which is $200 cheaper, and has a few other good JRPGs?

Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Evo310whp
Member since 2006 • 3206 Posts
hahahaha hot dang you cows are funny.
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts

Totally, and the fact that PS3s are flying off of the shelves proves that!.... oh wait...

GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GoldenGamer99

Also, Lems need to realize that maybe there was more than just these exclusive titles that made Ps popular. Even if you can get them on another system as well, theres other factors as well, some people may like the PS brand  for the controller, as 360s controller is uncomfortable for any other genre besides shooters.

Also over a hundred million PS2s were sold, the GTA series sold about 14 mill each(but the fanbase could've stayed about the same, for example, most of the people who bought GTA3 may have bought GTAVC and GTASA) MGS sold about 7 mil, FFX sold about 5 mil, DMC series sold about 8 mll together. Considering that the GTA buyers over each installment could've shifted, i'll approximate the GTA fanbase to about 18 million people. Added together, thats about 34 million consumers between all of these AAA series. What happened to the other 70+ million PS2 buyers. See what I mean, it was more than just a few games that made the Ps brand shine. It was good 3rd party support, familiarity with controller, quick and steady 1st and 2nd party support which appealed to a lot of people, and good worldwide relations with devs. This will happen with PS3 as well, regardless if a few gams go muliplat. Sony will lower the price to 500 dollars this fall, PS3 and 360 will be even in price because the Zephyr is 480 dollars and the current 360 premium will be discontinued. http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-31216.aspx

edward2332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 edward2332
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

Hell yeah the PS3 will do fine without MGS and FF.

I mean...I would buy it if it had NO GAMES!  :)

Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
A lot of naive fanboys look at it as just a game machine. It is an exceptional game machine, but at the same time it's a movie player, communications device and super computer while at the same time maintaining that super sleek look.kutaragism
It sounds like you got that straight out of some Sony marketing manual.
GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GoldenGamer99

Without MGS and FF PS3 is nothing but a media player :DI_love_sony

Judging by your avatar, I'm guessing you were being sarcastic. :|

justdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 justdog11
Member since 2004 • 3524 Posts
Um... okay.  Have fun playing your... load-up screen interface?
GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GoldenGamer99

[QUOTE="GoldenGamer99"]It's highly unlikely that these games will go multiplat anyway.Hungry_Homer111

:lol:  Are you kidding me?  FF is up for grabs for MS right now (check the 3rd link in my sig), and rumor has it that Konami is trying to force Kojima to make MGS4 a multi-platform game.

But Think about it, people who owned PS2, they owned more than just MGS, FF, DMC, GTA. If Playstation was your favorite console last gen, buying a 360 just because it gets a few of playstations games won't give you the playstation experience you've grown to love. I have about 40 PS2 games in my closet. Not just 5 AAA games. Playstation give consumers great variety and quality titles, thats why Ps3 will win. There first and second party titles help alot as well. They may not have been system sellers on their own, but considering Sony kept pumping these game out is what made PS2 a success. These great quanity of games appealed to alot of people.

True that PS2 was great.  But the PS3 doesn't have nearly as many great exclusive games that interest me as the PS2 did.  And the 360 has a lot of games that are interesting to me.  Sony has lost its touch with the PS3.  They don't have that many good games coming out for it, and the few games that are coming out for it are slowly being announced for the 360 too.  And first party games won't do it.  Look at the N64.  First party games didn't help Nintendo, even though their games were great.  People switched to the PS1 because they had a lot of great games to play from 3rd party companies, as well as first party games.  But now 3rd party companies are releasing more and more multi-platform games, and with the price of the PS3, this is not a good thing for Sony.

Wii could give PS3 a run for its money if Nintendo stop Wii from being gimmicky. But with 360 failing in Japan, and only selling 3.5 mill in europe with no competition, a year head start, and a really low price, I don't think Sony has anything to worry about. 360 can't overtake PS3 by selliing well in north america alone.

If the 360 gets FF, then what's to stop Japan from getting the 360, which is $200 cheaper, and has a few other good JRPGs?

Because Japan hates Ms guts, besides PS3 is 425 in japan, not 600.

BobElSnob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BobElSnob
Member since 2006 • 326 Posts

Also, Lems need to realize that maybe there was more than just these exclusive titles that made Ps popular. Even if you can get them on another system as well, theres other factors as well, some people may like the PS brand  for the controller, as 360s controller is uncomfortable for any other genre besides shooters.

Also over a hundred million PS2s were sold, the GTA series sold about 14 mill each(but the fanbase could've stayed about the same, for example, most of the people who bought GTA3 may have bought GTAVC and GTASA) MGS sold about 7 mil, FFX sold about 5 mil, DMC series sold about 8 mll together. Considering that the GTA buyers over each installment could've shifted, i'll approximate the GTA fanbase to about 18 million people. Added together, thats about 34 million consumers between all of these AAA series. What happened to the other 70+ million PS2 buyers. See what I mean, it was more than just a few games that made the Ps brand shine. It was good 3rd party support, familiarity with controller, quick and steady 1st and 2nd party support which appealed to a lot of people, and good worldwide relations with devs. This will happen with PS3 as well, regardless if a few gams go muliplat. Sony will lower the price to 500 dollars this fall, PS3 and 360 will be even in price because the Zephyr is 480 dollars and the current 360 premium will be discontinued. http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-31216.aspx

GoldenGamer99

The 360 controller is better than you or your grandmother can handle for pretty much everything. But that's just my (and alot of other peoples) opinion. Don't state it like a fact

Also, Sony can't drop the price without taking even more massive losses. (don't forget how they said they'd never drop the price)

GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GoldenGamer99

Um... okay.  Have fun playing your... load-up screen interface?justdog11

If you hate PS so much, why do you have that avatar of Zidane. Fanboys with contradictary avatars FTW!!!!!!!!

GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GoldenGamer99
[QUOTE="GoldenGamer99"]

BobElSnob

The 360 controller is better than you or your grandmother can handle for pretty much everything. But that's just my (and alot of other peoples) opinion. Don't state it like a fact

Also, Sony can't drop the price without taking even more massive losses. (don't forget how they said they'd never drop the price)

What do you mean "better than you or your grandmother can handle for pretty much everything"  elaborate.

GoldenGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GoldenGamer99
[QUOTE="GoldenGamer99"]

BobElSnob

They said they may drop the price later this year.

liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
Who cares about "The PlayStation Expirience". All I want are good games.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Keep telling yourself that.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
[QUOTE="Hungry_Homer111"]

[QUOTE="GoldenGamer99"]It's highly unlikely that these games will go multiplat anyway.GoldenGamer99

Because Japan hates Ms guts, besides PS3 is 425 in japan, not 600.

Japan goes where FF goes. And they would want to play as many JRPGs as possible. :D
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
:lol: lvl 4 Fanboys! They crack me up, those n00bs.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
That's like an Xbox without Halo. :|
There's no way it'd be fine!
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 osan0  Online
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts
the loss of these as exclusives is going to hurt sony. there going to find it even harder to justify the higher price. if people can get the same games on a machine for €200 less then why would they fork out for the more expensive option? Alot of people i know bought a PS2 for the FF, GTA and MGS games. they also bought alot of multiplat stuff on their PS2. however devs are moving everything they can to multiplat to increase their chances of making profit. this obhiously gives the customer more options and gives them more reasons to go for a cheaper option. not good for sony. does this mean the PS3 is doomed? not at all. sony still have alot of ammo to fire, the war has just started. if they can get blu-ray to become the HD standard disc then all of a sudden the PS3 becomes a far more tempting option for alot of people. sony are fighting tooth and nail to get this to happen and they have a very good chnce of success. however even if blu-ray goes down the toilet, sony still have something that no other company can touch, their first party games. at the moment, sonys first party games have been solid but very rarely spectacular and this is something they really really have to sort out. Nintendo are still in business because its their first party games that continue to sell millions. the zeldas, marios, metroids, fzeros, pokemons and so on. every one of those games makes money for nintendo. people buy nintendo hardware specifically for nintendos games. those games will never ever appear on another machine as long as ninty continue to sell consoles. This is crucially important. the vast majority of PS3s top games come from 3rd parties. all of these companies are completly free to jump ship or make the same game available for another platform. this situation is sonys achilles heal. Sonys first party has been solid mostly but it hasnt really blown ppl away. i havent heard anyone say that they wanted a PS2 for a sony developed game. it again falls to the FF and GTAs t sell PS hardware. imho sony have to get their first party sorted in terms of consistent excellence. They need halo, mario and zelda killers. if they do that, and get the advertising and hype right then PS3 will be fine. on a good note though, from a first paty perspective, sony have one of the most talented and imagnative teams in the industry in the form of team ico. ico and SOTC on the PS2 were both magnificent an i cant wait to see what they do for the PS3.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
MGS is the reason I would gotten a PS3 eventually.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
[QUOTE="xBALOx"][QUOTE="I_love_sony"]Without MGS and FF PS3 is nothing but a media player :DI_love_sony

but PS2 actually had those in pocket (GTA - timed exclusive, MGS, FF, DMC, Ace Combat) with PS3 is another story

n00b left out the GT series^^ :lol:
bayolau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 bayolau
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts
I have about 40 PS2 games in my closet. Not just 5 AAA games. Playstation give consumers great variety and quality titles, thats why Ps3 will win. There first and second party titles help alot as well. GoldenGamer99
so you spent ~1500 dollars on 40 PS2 games. You must have great life. People in general will not do this my friend.
xLegend24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 xLegend24
Member since 2007 • 814 Posts

A lot of naive fanboys look at it as just a game machine. It is an exceptional game machine, but at the same time it's a movie player, communications device and super computer while at the same time maintaining that super sleek look.kutaragism

PS3 a supercomputer? right:roll: