PS3 Supreme or a flop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomlaw2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tomlaw2k7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've recently been hearing alot about the PS3 from various sources and some issues are bugging me. To begin with, why are most people going into frenzy mode everytime the PS3 is mentioned? I mean it hasn't even been released in the UK yet and people are already passing judgement on the console, with this being mainly good. But to me, is it wise to rate the PS3 so soon? The Xbox 360 has been a great success with the majoirty of users being more than satisified with what Microsoft has produced and the number of these people is constantly increasing. As for the PS3, it hasn't even been released yet and people are already slagging off the Xbox just because the PS3 is supposingly more powerful when compared on paper. But wait a minute! Havn't the public been messed around with for too long? Haven't they been promised things that Sony have failed to deliver? What makes Sony so sure that people are going to want to purchase their console which has an astonishing price tag attached to it?! Furthermore, no solid proof has yet been given showing that the PS3 is as good as it is made out to be! In my eyes Sony have a lot of work to do if they are to even come close to Microsofts success, which at current has an extremely good line up for game releases this year with titles including Assassins Creed, BioShock and Two Towers amongst others. It is just ridiculous that people can be so vain when it comes to this and i expect that half of the people who are saying this stuff havent even compared each of the consoles sufficently enough with a variety of different games and other areas such as value of gameplay and vlaue for money!

Well enough of me blabbing on, what im after are your views about this issue from those who are both loyal to Microsoft and Sony. I myself do not favour one from the other and are basing what have i stated from what i have heard from the past couple of weeks.

So if anyone has anything they would like to say please feel welcome too!

Thank You!!!

carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
I was loyal to sony in the PSone and PS2 era.  But PS3 is a big mistake.  Sony used to give gamers what they want.  Now sony is using the third playstation to try to put BD players in our homes at an extreme price because they think the "loyalists" like myself, will buy anything they put out.  But thats where they're wrong.  Most gamers do a little research before spending thier hard earned cash on a next gen console.  PS3 doesent deliver anything really special to gamers.  "Promised" 1080p graphics at previous E3's were misleading.  As of now, only 3 games support it.  The 360 is all about playing cool games.  I like how they give you the option of buying an HD player or not.  I, myself am not interested in watching HD movies yet (so are many others).  So I will be jumping ship along with all the other gamers who already have.
Avatar image for EmperorMetalman
EmperorMetalman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EmperorMetalman
Member since 2006 • 1832 Posts
When you have a $200 cheaper system that is the same to most gamers as the PS3 and one half its price, the PS3 isn't going to sell
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
is there an "in between at the moment" option?
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
PS3 is disgusting . I hope it flops and it will and will bankrupt Sony (maybe) and their lying CEOs.
Krudus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krudus
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
if you only look at it in black and white, it would certainly be a flop. i mean, it hasnt impressed in any area as of yet, only "BAD NEWS AFTER BAD NEWS AFTER BAD NEWS!!2 even if you would broaden the scale, ps3 would still be a massive flop as of yet.
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts
Only a Sith deals an absolute!
marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've recently been hearing alot about the PS3 from various sources and some issues are bugging me. To begin with, why are most people going into frenzy mode everytime the PS3 is mentioned? I mean it hasn't even been released in the UK yet and people are already passing judgement on the console, with this being mainly good. But to me, is it wise to rate the PS3 so soon? The Xbox 360 has been a great success with the majoirty of users being more than satisified with what Microsoft has produced and the number of these people is constantly increasing. As for the PS3, it hasn't even been released yet and people are already slagging off the Xbox just because the PS3 is supposingly more powerful when compared on paper. But wait a minute! Havn't the public been messed around with for too long? Haven't they been promised things that Sony have failed to deliver? What makes Sony so sure that people are going to want to purchase their console which has an astonishing price tag attached to it?! Furthermore, no solid proof has yet been given showing that the PS3 is as good as it is made out to be! In my eyes Sony have a lot of work to do if they are to even come close to Microsofts success, which at current has an extremely good line up for game releases this year with titles including Assassins Creed, BioShock and Two Towers amongst others. It is just ridiculous that people can be so vain when it comes to this and i expect that half of the people who are saying this stuff havent even compared each of the consoles sufficently enough with a variety of different games and other areas such as value of gameplay and vlaue for money!

Well enough of me blabbing on, what im after are your views about this issue from those who are both loyal to Microsoft and Sony. I myself do not favour one from the other and are basing what have i stated from what i have heard from the past couple of weeks.

So if anyone has anything they would like to say please feel welcome too!

Thank You!!!

tomlaw2k7
I haven't heard anyone say/type the word supreme in years.
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

is there an "in between at the moment" option?useLOGIC

I agree with you. When I finally get some good games this will change, and when sony finally allows their music and movie catalog available on the store, then it will be a big hit.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
Most gamers do a little research before spending thier hard earned cash on a next gen console. PS3 doesent deliver anything really special to gamers.carl2tan
I can't tell you how wrong you are with that statement. If you worked in a video game store you would realize that only about 5% if that actually know the product they are buying. That goes for games and for systems. The majority of people will buy a game knowing very little about it. I can't tell you how many people have came in and bought a PS3, Wii, or 360 without having any knowledge of what it all has and what it can do and what games are on it.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

is there an "in between at the moment" option?useLOGIC

That's pretty much the case.

It's not a flop by any means, but its not exactly reigning supreme right now either.

limitbreak32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 limitbreak32
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
i think it's a really useful sytem. I have talked to alot of people and they say that it hasnt really shown yet what its capable of. But i think with the upcoming games this year it will really show what the PS3 can do. I personally have one and it hasnt frozen, dissapointed, or broken on me once. Those who say that blu-ray players are useless don't know what they're talking about, because thats the same driver that runs the soon-to-be massive PS3 games. Blu-ray and DVD is like when it was VCR and the other video tape format. both were very popular but depended on which one the public wanted and was more accessible. I can see blu-ray being more accessible in the year 2007.
jaysin1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaysin1414
Member since 2005 • 952 Posts

i think it's a really useful sytem. I have talked to alot of people and they say that it hasnt really shown yet what its capable of. But i think with the upcoming games this year it will really show what the PS3 can do. I personally have one and it hasnt frozen, dissapointed, or broken on me once. Those who say that blu-ray players are useless don't know what they're talking about, because thats the same driver that runs the soon-to-be massive PS3 games. Blu-ray and DVD is like when it was VCR and the other video tape format. both were very popular but depended on which one the public wanted and was more accessible. I can see blu-ray being more accessible in the year 2007.limitbreak32

Sony makes you work on Sundays?!?

Sheesh.  Another reason to hate 'em.

limitbreak32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 limitbreak32
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

[QUOTE="limitbreak32"]i think it's a really useful sytem. I have talked to alot of people and they say that it hasnt really shown yet what its capable of. But i think with the upcoming games this year it will really show what the PS3 can do. I personally have one and it hasnt frozen, dissapointed, or broken on me once. Those who say that blu-ray players are useless don't know what they're talking about, because thats the same driver that runs the soon-to-be massive PS3 games. Blu-ray and DVD is like when it was VCR and the other video tape format. both were very popular but depended on which one the public wanted and was more accessible. I can see blu-ray being more accessible in the year 2007.jaysin1414

Sony makes you work on Sundays?!?

Sheesh.  Another reason to hate 'em.

ok...so you work for microsoft everyday then eh?...im just stating the facts man...i like all three systems and they all have somethign to contribute so dont go telling me im some stupid fanboy

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
It's just Good. Not supreme, not flop
afroTunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 afroTunder
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
the best Playstation console ever, but a little expensive IMO
azrealhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 azrealhk
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts
I think it all comes down to the developers.
There were just so many games for PS and PS2 that makes the consoles so desirable.

It PS3 developers start putting more time on other consoles and their library gets better, the PS3 is Doomed.

I for one hate exclusives, and although it sells consoles, as a gamer, I want to enjoy all games (at the lowest cost).
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts

how about a supreme flop?

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Its still too early to tell whether its good or not.  But as of right now its a flop.  Its kinda sad there is only one good game out for it.  When it starts getting some good games then opinions might change.  Virtua Fighter 5 comes out next week so that should be another good game added to the list.