PS3 fastest selling console now haha take that lemmings and Sheep

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sulimanitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sulimanitachi
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

http://ps3.qj.net/PS3-now-the-fastest-selling-console-in-history/pg/49/aid/87990

Sony has hit the 400 million Euro mark to cap off its launch week that saw PAL territories snag 600,000 of Sony's units to make the PS3 not only the most expensive console to date but also, according to ChartTrack, the fastest selling one in game history.

Sonysold 165,000 PS3 units in the United Kingdom, some 80,000 more in France and 50-60,000 in Spain, Portugal, Germany and Italy. In addition, 150,000 people have registered to the PlayStation Network the same week. Not bad for the beleaguered kings of modern gaming.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) president David Reeves said "We saw around Euro 400 million sales going through retail across PAL territories in two days; that's certainly a big figure, which we're very proud of."

mylsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mylsd
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts
yeah, yeah, yeah, so was the PSP when it came out and look at it now
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
yeah, yeah, yeah, so was the PSP when it came out and look at it nowmylsd
actually GC first broke the records, then the DS, then the PSP, then the Wii, AND THEN the PS3, LOL seriously what the hell?
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
actually GC first broke the records, then the DS, then the PSP, then the Wii, AND THEN the PS3, LOL seriously what the hell?
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
5 months late in my book :|
gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
PSP is actually quite successful. It's the most successful Handheld to compete against Nintendo. DS is certainly better in different categories. The PSP isn't that bad, it's just some of the games.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
It's funny that Sony treats Europe like crap and yet they repay them in strides! Kinda makes me sad..like they don't know any better...
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Definetly immpressive -- i would like to see the total March figures now though ...
Crovax20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crovax20
Member since 2004 • 3880 Posts
Hmm to bad I can walk into the store here in the Netherlands and pick up one any time I want. All shops have at least 2-3 PS3's left, and say that they would rather have Wii's instead of PS3's. Funny thing is we only got 50.000 in the launch shipment and they did not recieve a second shipment yet. Wii still sold out across the country.
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
5 months late in my book :|Tjeremiah1988
Doesn't matter, at least it's out...better late than never;)
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
All these sites report it selling so much, But actual numbers prove otherwise, its really funny in that regard, Sony sold so much the first few months in america, and now you can find em every where....Japan? same deal.

Im gonna laugh when april sales are 100-150k.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

http://ps3.qj.net/PS3-now-the-fastest-selling-console-in-history/pg/49/aid/87990

Sony has hit the 400 million Euro mark to cap off its launch week that saw PAL territories snag 600,000 of Sony's units to make the PS3 not only the most expensive console to date but also, according to ChartTrack, the fastest selling one in game history.

Sonysold 165,000 PS3 units in the United Kingdom, some 80,000 more in France and 50-60,000 in Spain, Portugal, Germany and Italy. In addition, 150,000 people have registered to the PlayStation Network the same week. Not bad for the beleaguered kings of modern gaming.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) president David Reeves said "We saw around Euro 400 million sales going through retail across PAL territories in two days; that's certainly a big figure, which we're very proud of."

sulimanitachi

thats because sony supplied twice as many consoles than they needed, therefore everyone who wanted one, got one on launch... fastest selling means nothing... lets see where it is in a couple of years, then we can talk about success or not

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
i think that is quite impressive, seeing as Sony stressed that they would overstock Europe. I had expected it to sell slowly as there wouldn't be the stress of "i must get one NOW or they will all go! AHHHHH". So the fact that , even with over supplying Europe, to get so many selling this quickly is quite an achievment and shows how much Europe actually wanted the ps3. The fact that is the fastest selling home consol with that price as well must be saying something!!!
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 amcallister902
Member since 2006 • 1339 Posts
you make cows look bad. stop posting
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
But cows, I thought "teh sales don't matter anymore"?
Avatar image for yoddahasbadodda
yoddahasbadodda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yoddahasbadodda
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts

sulimanitachi

and what good games does ps3 have again?

LOL consumers=owned

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

Yes it sold 21 million units as proof of doing bad. (Sarcasm)

Its not succesful as  DS but that is mostly because of the high price and lack of original games. This year many original titles for PSP will be relesed and will see if it will help a little. But to call PSP a FLOP is insane.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
It's amazing what marketing bluster and brand power can do.  The worst console out there and yet it sells more than the others in it's launch window *sigh*.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Still in last place.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
It's funny that Sony treats Europe like crap and yet they repay them in strides! Kinda makes me sad..like they don't know any better...VideoGameGuy
Did you ever think they don't get treated like crap?
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
launch hype means nothing if you can't keep it up. just look at the US and Japan. Demand is down.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="mylsd"]yeah, yeah, yeah, so was the PSP when it came out and look at it nowVojkan80001

Yes it sold 21 million units as proof of doing bad. (Sarcasm)

Its not succesful as DS but that is mostly because of the high price and lack of original games. This year many original titles for PSP will be relesed and will see if it will help a little. But to call PSP a FLOP is insane.

I think with the help to transfer PS1 games to the PSP will help alot too. Crash Bandicoot and Jet Moto on the go? Omg thinking about rebuying a PSP.
Sailor_Enlil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sailor_Enlil
Member since 2003 • 1552 Posts
Well Sony will have to do better than that if they want to go against this:

XBox360 Elite w/ 120GB HD for just $479.99
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
That's good. But try to search for the numbers of units both Nintendo and Microsoft shipped for launch in Europe.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu
That's good. But try to search for the numbers of units both Nintendo and Microsoft shipped for launch in Europe.Felous1
And who fault is that?
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts
Once the hard core PS3 fanboys in Europe get there PS3. Expect sales to take a nose dive like in the US.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Felous1
And who fault is that?shungokustasu
This is just launch. As you can see the Wii is selling / sold much faster than both PS3 and 360.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]And who fault is that?Felous1
This is just launch. As you can see the Wii is selling / sold much faster than both PS3 and 360.

We PS3 fans gonna celebrate this launch for now. Something 360 fans could never do...with your guys mediocre launches.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Felous1
We PS3 fans gonna celebrate this launch for now. Something 360 fans could never do...with your guys mediocre launches.shungokustasu
Celebrate what ? You don't work for Sony do you ? :lol:
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
buh buh but teh 600$!!!!!
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Well Sony will have to do better than that if they want to go against this:

XBox360 Elite w/ 120GB HD for just $479.99
Sailor_Enlil

Big deal. It's just another Xbox 360.

It's not like they turned the Xbox 360 into a handheld.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]We PS3 fans gonna celebrate this launch for now. Something 360 fans could never do...with your guys mediocre launches.Felous1

Celebrate what ? You don't work for Sony do you ? :lol:

Any good news Sony gets puts a smile on my face. Celebrate was used figuratively
mruurds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mruurds
Member since 2003 • 298 Posts
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]And who fault is that?Felous1

Exactly... this is a marathon, not a sprint. The fact that PS3s are stacking shelves so close to the launch date even though only 3 million have been sold is a problem for Sony. Being the highest priced offering and being over a year late is not helping either. Launch weekend sales only give an indication of brand loyalty. The PS2 has sold over 120 million units and has a solid loyal fanbase. An initial mad rush for PS3 consoles at launch would happen regardless of how good the machine is or how many games are available. The true test is still to come. For all gamers I hope that none of three companies fail - competition is good for us consumers.
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
[QUOTE="Felous1"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]And who fault is that?mruurds

Exactly... this is a marathon, not a sprint. The fact that PS3s are stacking shelves so close to the launch date even though only 3 million have been sold is a problem for Sony. Being the highest priced offering and being over a year late is not helping either. Launch weekend sales only give an indication of brand loyalty. The PS2 has sold over 120 million units and has a solid loyal fanbase. An initial mad rush for consoles at launch would happen regardless of how good the machine is or how many games are available. The true test is still to come. For all gamers I hope that none of three companies fail - competition is good for us consumers.

dude i dunno where people get this from but here in NY PS3's cant be found :|
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="Felous1"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]And who fault is that?mruurds

Exactly... this is a marathon, not a sprint

So we shouldn't be talking about sales numbers too. I mean after all it's not a sprint. 360 in the lead doesn't matter right now.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Felous1
Any good news Sony gets puts a smile on my face. Celebrate was used figurativelyshungokustasu
It's great to see Sony doing good. But it's too soon to smile, yet.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Any good news Sony gets puts a smile on my face. Celebrate was used figurativelyFelous1
It's good to see Sony going good. But it's too soon to smile, yet.

For you maybe. You lemming. After all the bad news and press on the PS3. Now is the perfect time to smile.
bloodyclot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bloodyclot
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

[QUOTE="mylsd"]yeah, yeah, yeah, so was the PSP when it came out and look at it nowVojkan80001

Yes it sold 21 million units as proof of doing bad. (Sarcasm)

Its not succesful as DS but that is mostly because of the high price and lack of original games. This year many original titles for PSP will be relesed and will see if it will help a little. But to call PSP a FLOP is insane.

so what your saying is the ps3 will do good, but will not be #1 because of the high price and lack of original games?  

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
[QUOTE="Squall_Griver"] dude i dunno where people get this from but here in NY PS3's cant be found :|

that's BS.....I can walk into any Best buy here in Rochester and see then sitting on the shelf...
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Felous1
For you maybe. You lemming. After all the bad news and press on the PS3. Now is the perfect time to smile.shungokustasu
It's time to grow up a little, don't you think ? They did well at launch. But the war doesn't stop at launch, does it ? PS: Why run away when I asked to show 360 exclusive shooters in your thread ? You can't perform well under pressure ?
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="Squall_Griver"] dude i dunno where people get this from but here in NY PS3's cant be found :|

that's BS.....I can walk into any Best buy here in Rochester and see then sitting on the shelf...

Empty boxes
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Empty boxes

....obviously....:roll:....no...best buys here in Rochester have PS3s in stock......
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]For you maybe. You lemming. After all the bad news and press on the PS3. Now is the perfect time to smile.Felous1
It's time to grow up a little, don't you think ? They did well at launch. But the war doesn't stop at launch, does it ? PS: Why run away when I asked to show 360 exclusive shooters in your thread ? You can't perform well under pressure ?

thread was locked. I'm grown. Old enough to show you around the block. I know that the war just started, but a battle that PS3 won should put a smile on the soldiers faces.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

sulimanitachi
it's not the fastest selling unless it can top the Wii's current number of 5 million.
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

Yeah, at  a launch with 100% supply of launch day demand.

The question is how well will it sell in the next 12 months.

Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Empty boxesOmni-Slash
....obviously....:roll:....no...best buys here in Rochester have PS3s in stock......

Rochester NY? 

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

sulimanitachi
Not the fastest in the US , and thats the market that matters the most.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Felous1

thread was locked.shungokustasu
:lol:

Everybody saw you ignored when I asked that. You had plenty of time before it was locked.

PS: Empty boxes ? I thought you said you were grown ? Lol !

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Omni-Slash

Rochester NY? 

Toaster_Cell
yup....