PS3 ALWAYS has the TEENIE-WEENIE Display Case for Games. LOL.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts

Ok, last weekend I went to Gamestop, Circuit City, Target, and Best Buy, and I noticed something significant. The Wii, 360, DS, and PC sections are pretty big. Even the Wii games selection at Best Buy is 7-10 feet wide. And the gamestop racks seem to have tons of games. However, at all of the places I mentioned, the PS3 games selection was sparse. At Best Buy and CC, the rack was probably not even 4 feet wide, and at Gamestop the PS3 games display was laughably lame. Surely there are at least as many PS3 games as Wii games- are stores not even stocking most PS3 games these days?

If so, then someone please explain why PS3 ALWAYS has the smallest and lamest selection of games, at any store that I have been to?

xAngelxDustx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xAngelxDustx
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts

Ok, last weekend I went to Gamestop, Circuit City, Target, and Best Buy, and I noticed something significant. The Wii, 360, DS, and PC sections are pretty big. Even the Wii games selection at Best Buy is 7-10 feet wide. And the gamestop racks seem to have tons of games. However, at all of the places I mentioned, the PS3 games selection was sparse. At Best Buy and CC, the rack was probably not even 4 feet wide, and at Gamestop the PS3 games display was laughably lame. Surely there are at least as many PS3 games as Wii games- are stores not even stocking most PS3 games these days?

If so, then someone please explain why PS3 ALWAYS has the smallest and lamest selection of games, at any store that I have been to?

accameron
*sigh* I really hate fanboys
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Its teenie-weenie or tiny whiny
molinex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 molinex
Member since 2003 • 435 Posts

accameron

(looks at avatar ):shock:

:lol:

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

Its actually true. At my nearest WalMart, the PS3 games only merit an endcap. The DS, Wii, 360, and PS2 all have two whole shelfing cases.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 accameron

Its actually true. At my nearest WalMart, the PS3 games only merit an endcap. The DS, Wii, 360, and PS2 all have two whole shelfing cases.

gromit007

I know. I'm not just making this up. EVERY game store I went to was the same way. Only the GBA games section rivalled the PS3 section.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?
shadowrun69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadowrun69
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
Because they need room to fit all of the unsold PS3s.
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gromit007

Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?caseystryker

It has been a year, what's the excuse for that?

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gromit007

Because they need room to fit all of the unsold PS3s.shadowrun69

Very nice!!! High five!!!

Mizuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mizuke
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

I fail to see the point of this topic.

Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
you still make threads? does anybody need a link to "MGS4 looks too sexual for me to enjoy"?
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gromit007

Mizuke

Point: Small demand is lent small retail space.

Assumption Made From Point: PS3 games have little demand.

Any questions?

Admyrr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Admyrr6
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

accameron

Because PS3 has he smallest and lamest selection of games. You basically answered your own question in that last sentence.

Mizuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mizuke
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
[QUOTE="Mizuke"]

gromit007

Any questions?

So basically, stating the obvious.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gromit007
[QUOTE="gromit007"][QUOTE="Mizuke"]

Mizuke

Any questions?

So basically, stating the obvious.

Yes.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 accameron

Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?caseystryker

weren't the Wii and PS3 released at about the same time? And doesn't the PS3 benefit games-wise from getting the multi-plats with the 360? It should have many more games than the Wii.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
Actually 7 months after release, the Wii had more games at the same stage as the PS3 and 360.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 caseystryker
The PS3 has roughly 93 games available to date (not counting online games) and the console has only been out for 11 months. I don't think that's too bad really. I don't think you can really compare the Wii to the PS3. I don't think the production cost and programing difficulty are comparable. A better comparison would be to to see how many titles the 360 had at a similar time in it's lifespan.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mandingo101

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?accameron

weren't the Wii and PS3 released at about the same time? And doesn't the PS3 benefit games-wise from getting the multi-plats with the 360? It should have many more games than the Wii.

what seems to also be weird is the fact that a console(wii) that launched a year later and has inferior hardware could garner as much attention(well more) than the 360 which has the most successful game so far this generation and the advantage of a larger library by being out a year longer and also has it's biggest game coming in a matter of weeks. so we are to take from this that 360 is being overshadowed by the little wii with weak hardware and minigames/kiddie games?
the_cajun88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 the_cajun88
Member since 2006 • 6540 Posts

what seems to also be weird is the fact that a console(wii) that launched a year later and has inferior hardware could garner as much attention(well more) than the 360 which has the most successful game so far this generation and the advantage of a larger library by being out a year longer and also has it's biggest game coming in a matter of weeks. so we are to take from this that 360 is being overshadowed by the little wii with weak hardware and minigames/kiddie games?
Mandingo101
That post was a joke, right?

Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mandingo101

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"]what seems to also be weird is the fact that a console(wii) that launched a year later and has inferior hardware could garner as much attention(well more) than the 360 which has the most successful game so far this generation and the advantage of a larger library by being out a year longer and also has it's biggest game coming in a matter of weeks. so we are to take from this that 360 is being overshadowed by the little wii with weak hardware and minigames/kiddie games?
the_cajun88

sarcasm rooted in the TC's logic, if you didnt catch that.
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 accameron

you still make threads? does anybody need a link to "MGS4 looks too sexual for me to enjoy"?Mandingo101

Yes, please link up that one. I am still right about that. You don't understand how many degrees I have, or how many literature classes I have taken. It's all classic symbolism, dude. And don't tell me that japanese games are different- MGS creator studies all types of film making and story telling.

the_cajun88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 the_cajun88
Member since 2006 • 6540 Posts
[QUOTE="the_cajun88"]

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"]what seems to also be weird is the fact that a console(wii) that launched a year later and has inferior hardware could garner as much attention(well more) than the 360 which has the most successful game so far this generation and the advantage of a larger library by being out a year longer and also has it's biggest game coming in a matter of weeks. so we are to take from this that 360 is being overshadowed by the little wii with weak hardware and minigames/kiddie games?
Mandingo101

sarcasm rooted in the TC's logic, if you didnt catch that.

No, I didn't.

I'm surprised that in the almost 10 months I've been gone from System Wars that people still think that way.

Also, I see that the Wii is #1 now. Cool.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 accameron

The PS3 has roughly 93 games available to date (not counting online games) and the console has only been out for 11 months. I don't think that's too bad really. I don't think you can really compare the Wii to the PS3. I don't think the production cost and programing difficulty are comparable. A better comparison would be to to see how many titles the 360 had at a similar time in it's lifespan.caseystryker

I am not blasting the PS3 for having a low number of games. It is probably doing fine as far as the # of released games at this time. My point was that every store had a paltry selection of said games, usually no more than an afterthought. My Target's Gamecube game selection was about as big as the PS3 selection. Really lame, IMHO.

Nonam3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 Nonam3gamer
Member since 2005 • 880 Posts
People that buy the ps3 don't buy it to play games.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 caseystryker

People that buy the ps3 don't buy it to play games. Nonam3gamer

I did, and I'm sure most people do.

Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mandingo101

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"]you still make threads? does anybody need a link to "MGS4 looks too sexual for me to enjoy"?accameron

Yes, please link up that one. I am still right about that. You don't understand how many degrees I have, or how many literature classes I have taken. It's all classic symbolism, dude. And don't tell me that japanese games are different- MGS creator studies all types of film making and story telling.

wait, you are sounding exactly like nasos, or tango, wtf are you guys cloning yourselves now? yes grabbing a statue on the genitals is overtly sexual and not meant to be comical at all. sexuallity doesnt ever come to play in real life, yes there are no gay people in the world amirite? so therefore games arent allowed to have a gay character such as vamp to add character depth just like movies right?

sounds more like you are "uncomfortable" with your sexuallity or either the sexuallity of others or sexuallity period.
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?gromit007

It has been a year, what's the excuse for that?

It hasn't been a year. Close, but not quite there yet. They don't have as many games as 360 has been out for a year longer. The Wii having more games isn't surprising either. It's much easier to develop games for a much less powerful console.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?Mandingo101

While I agree I have 2 counterpoints for you.

1. The Wii (and I dont care how you spin this), Is NOT a next gen console.

2. A console that is extremely affordable and innovative (the Wii) will garner more attention and sales than from consoles with a price point of $400+.

Lets be real. The Wii will outsell ALL consoles this gen. Its affordable, its innovative, and its fun. Thats the reason it sells more than other consoles. There are more casuals in society than hardcore gamers and the Wii appeals to both. :shock:

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"]

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"]you still make threads? does anybody need a link to "MGS4 looks too sexual for me to enjoy"?Mandingo101

wait, you are sounding exactly like nasos, or tango, wtf are you guys cloning yourselves now? yes grabbing a statue on the genitals is overtly sexual and not meant to be comical at all. sexuallity doesnt ever come to play in real life, yes there are no gay people in the world amirite? so therefore games arent allowed to have a gay character such as vamp to add character depth just like movies right?

sounds more like you are "uncomfortable" with your sexuallity or either the sexuallity of others or sexuallity period.

I am not getting into this discussion again. I already did it. I was right, too. Stop trying to hijack my thread- this thread is about the PS3 getting hosed in retail stores with craptacularly small retail shelving.

shadowrun69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shadowrun69
[QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="accameron"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?Magical_Zebra

2. A console that is extremely affordable and innovative (the Wii) will garner more attention and sales than from consoles with a price point of $400+.

Lets be real. The Wii will outsell ALL consoles this gen. Its affordable, its innovative, and its fun. Thats the reason it sells more than other consoles. There are more casuals in society than hardcore gamers and the Wii appeals to both. :shock:

That's a pretty bold statement from somebody who claims he is a magical zebra. Too many shrooms if you ask me.

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
there is deffinatly NOT as many ps3 as wii games, seeing as ps3 is so hard to make games for and making a game for the wii=instant sales
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="accameron"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Oh my god, it wouldn't have anything to do with...wait, let me think.............maybe that there are more games available for other consoles at the moment?shadowrun69

That's a pretty bold statement from somebody who claims he is a magical zebra. Too many shrooms if you ask me.

Translation: I have no counter arguement so I pull out the lamest and weakest flame I can... :shock:

There is a reason its called a "username" or "handle"... :shock:

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts
in my zellers, it has the same as the wii/360, and more than the ds, and, omg, they had 4 wiis there
shadowrun69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shadowrun69
[QUOTE="shadowrun69"]

Magical_Zebra

Translation: I have no counter arguement so I pull out the lamest and weakest flame I can... :shock:

Translation: I live in a land where we fly magical carpets and drink magical zebras and don't give a hoot for the people who deserve the recognition for creating the land in the first place.

Listen bud, I don't care who you think you are but me and the real zebras in these forums don't appreciate the way you've been treating us lately. Take your negative zebra hating attitude elsewhere.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 accameron

there is deffinatly NOT as many ps3 as wii games, seeing as ps3 is so hard to make games for and making a game for the wii=instant saleshustler_151

The PS3 gets many of the games that come out for the 360 every week. They are called multi-plats, and many of the next gen multiplats do not come out for Wii.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]there is deffinatly NOT as many ps3 as wii games, seeing as ps3 is so hard to make games for and making a game for the wii=instant salesaccameron

The PS3 gets many of the games that come out for the 360 every week. They are called multi-plats, and many of the next gen multiplats do not come out for Wii.

And yet the Wii has many games that neither the PS3 or 360 receive. Lots of exclusives and PS2 multiplats on the Wii. Why is it hard to believe that the Wii has more games out? Lower dev costs, easy ports from last gen systems, and an inherent knowledge of the hardware (Besides the Wiimote) already. Or is this just a sideways jab at the PS3 library?
hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]there is deffinatly NOT as many ps3 as wii games, seeing as ps3 is so hard to make games for and making a game for the wii=instant salesaccameron

Wii=4 1/4 pages of reviews, PS3=1 3/4 pages of reviews

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]there is deffinatly NOT as many ps3 as wii games, seeing as ps3 is so hard to make games for and making a game for the wii=instant saleshustler_151

Wii=4 1/4 pages of reviews, PS3=1 3/4 pages of reviews

VC games.

filter those out somehow and then maybe it will be valid

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="shadowrun69"]

shadowrun69

Translation: I live in a land where we fly magical carpets and drink magical zebras and don't give a hoot for the people who deserve the recognition for creating the land in the first place.

Listen bud, I don't care who you think you are but me and the real zebras in these forums don't appreciate the way you've been treating us lately. Take your negative zebra hating attitude elsewhere.

Lol, so your a "disgruntled" Sony fan and this thread rings true? Oh ok, makes sense now. Silly me, I should have known... :D
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"]

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]there is deffinatly NOT as many ps3 as wii games, seeing as ps3 is so hard to make games for and making a game for the wii=instant salesIbacai

And yet the Wii has many games that neither the PS3 or 360 receive. Lots of exclusives and PS2 multiplats on the Wii. Why is it hard to believe that the Wii has more games out? Lower dev costs, easy ports from last gen systems, and an inherent knowledge of the hardware (Besides the Wiimote) already. Or is this just a sideways jab at the PS3 library?

The PS3 still has a piss poor games selection in most stores. What if I wanted to buy Genji for my PS3? I couldn't, and my PS3 would be gathering even more dust by the tv than it already is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7
deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts

accameron

BECOZ ALL PS3 GAMES HAVE BEEN BOUGHT AND ALL THE UNWANTED 360 and WII STUFF ARE LEFT THERE ..

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="accameron"]

The PS3 still has a piss poor games selection in most stores. What if I wanted to buy Genji for my PS3? I couldn't, and my PS3 would be gathering even more dust by the tv than it already is.

You can't find Genji? Seems it might just be a difference in location as I've not had a problem finding any of the games.
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"]

weiliang_1988

BECOZ ALL PS3 GAMES HAVE BEEN BOUGHT AND ALL THE UNWANTED 360 and WII STUFF ARE LEFT THERE ..

I am sure that this is the reason :?

Actually, it's because the games did sell, but the store did not want to restock the games because they were so hard to sell in the first place. The PS3 has an absolutely horrid attach rate.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

weiliang_1988

Sure, keep beleiving that. At the store I work, the PS3 cases is over stuffed and the 360 and Wii cases are almost empty. The Wiis are always sold out, the 360's sell fast and the PS3's sit still. I live in a college town. We are preparing for Monday and the Halo 3 release. No one cares about any upcoming PS3 release...

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

accameron

I find it quite sad that you had nothing better to do with your weekend then travel to all these stores, to check out the PS3 displays, and make a post about how small they are, on System Wars.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"]

mazdero

I find it quite sad that you had nothing better to do with your weekend then travel to all these stores, to check out the PS3 displays, and make a post about how small they are, on System Wars.

I am not that much of a loser. I was going to these stores for other reasons, and I just noticed this over the weekend. The PS3 games rack is patheticly small everywhere I went, sometimes the Gamecube games selection was just as big as the PS3 selection. Yet another reason to avoid the PS3 right now.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
The funny thing is Sony made its cases smaller so retailers could cram more of them onto their shelves....and then they forgot to make any games worth stocking.