Project Natal.. What is your unbiased opinions on it?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#51 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts
To put it in simplest terms: I don't like it.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
I think it has an enormous potential to either be the greatest thing since sliced bread or the potential to be the biggest flop since E.T. for the atari 2600
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Biggest potential, hardest sell, most potential of failing, excited for possiblitys, wait till E3 to get a proper opinon on it.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#54 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I hate gimmicks, so i'm not excited for Natal or move in the least.
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I'm not interested in it. Mainly for the lag thats been found.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Teh only things taht would really interest me about it are the voice recognition and navigating my menus. I really think this has the biggest potential to succeed and change things up, or go down as one of the biggest failures.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50680 Posts

Not really excited at all for it, I don't like the idea of no controller.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
It's physically impossible to give an unbiased opinion. That's like an oxymoron. But I don't think it'll work without buttons.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Unsure, on one part, the concept looks interesting and has a lot of potential, on the other part, there is a mighty big chance it will suck badly if the tracking is sucky and there are no interesting games

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

I hope Natal and PS Move both fail. Get this casual stuff off of my system and put your money into more games like God of War 3.

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

My unbiased opinion of it is that it has a lot of potential and seems like some really cool tech. Tho i don't see it ever being vital to hardcore games. If anything, it'll be more a hybrid of controller and natal. Tho i see it being a big commercial success. MS will flex its corporate muscle and market this as a new machine for soccer moms(Wii market) to "do" their yoga on. But no it won't change gaming. It won't kill the Wii. And it's not gonna propel the 360 into first. Tho I can honestly say I'm excited for it. And will mostly buy one if i see some decent software, and the price is right.

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

it feels a little lifeless without a controller present. If they did introduce a controller and adapted it like the Ps3 then ill be for it.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

If you dont know what Project Natal is here is a summary..

Project Natal tracks where your body is and what you're doing with it. It also has a monochrome camera (it works with infrared) that reads depth — how far away your body and its component parts are —

-supercharged-

I don't understand how I'm going to blaze through 3 straight hours of Street Fighter on hard difficulty performing Dragon Uppercuts and Fireballs and Roundhouse kicks and fully putting your body into a simulated fight while attacking only air...I also can't imagine 4 hours of level grinding in Final Fatasy or how that would even be accomplished...don't get me started on the potential madness of combining platform jumping and coffee tables...

Amazing idea and I'm sure it'll be cool, but I can't see the applications going further than racing and boxing and table tennis. I'll poo myself if/when they attempt their own version of Wii Music.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
No. I don't like motion controls.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#65 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
tell me...how would you turn on an FPS game? what happens if you want to scratch in the middle of the game? and btw, try to perform a kick like the one the guy in the pic is doing...most people can do that, not to mention that not everyone keeps a huge distance to stand between your tv and couch/bed sorry but no buttons=fail, natal will flop miserably
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Simply an idea filled with possible success or failure.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
I think a lot of you don't understand that Natal isn't targeted for the hardcore audience.. Most of you commenting on natal already have an Xbox 360, why does M$ need to sell you a product you already own. :| This is to get more casuals to purchase the box over the PS2 and Wii. It also has Ipod implications that could change the way we play games.. I'm not committing to anything until E3 when I can get a better gage for both. However I think that a lot of you "hardcore" gamers are stuck inside the box.
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

if you've ever used eyetoy or PSEYE, you'd know there could be a possibility it'd do what that did, but far better

so it's interesting, but on the other hand, the eyetoy and PSEYE were largely a gimmick and treated as a gimmick as well

but there is something satisfying about controlling things on a screen just using your body/hands and nothing else, it works a different part of your brain, but on the other hand it also comes down to software... Operation Creature Feature was actually kinda cool, it had a simple concept and it was short, it didn't require the player to get up and do fancy **** either... Trials of Topoq is really hard and not very satisfying to control tho, and the responsiveness of the PSEYE in both games was frankly kinda poor... yet even then, OCF was still better than ToT

whether or not either the PSMOVE or Natal is successful is pretty much left up to others, i really don't want to spend all of my time either playing these things or spending any money on them either

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

"Unsure" more towards the "No" side.

Pros:

- I like motion controls.
- Could work GREAT for some games.

Cons:

- Won't work at all for some games.
- Many videos have been proven fake already. How do we know if it works?
- Lag.
- Will be overpriced.
- Probably won't get good game support after 6 months (Or at all).
- No buttons.

If I had a 360, I probably wouldn't get it.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how devs use it. I'm actually less excited about controller free games and more excited for how they can improve controller games. Implementing some of the voice and facial recognition from the Milo demo into RPGs could be fun. If the system can recognize your limbs then I think it could do basic motion capture. Silly stuff like being able to motion capture your own touchdown dances for Madden and then use them online would be interesting.
CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

it looks like garbage from what ive seen in the demos and the way microsoft markets it makes it look like a gimmick. im sure you can do some neat stuff with it but none of it should be considered gaming.

the sony motion controller demos seem pretty convincing and the commercials arent too bad. they just need to show off some more shooters.

take it how you want but thats my unbiased opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
I'm sure all the cows just came here to vote no or fail. So much for unbiased opinons. Anyway if it was released as it is now, with faster reaction times, and a better system for shooters etc then it would be EPIC WIN.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Natal is for no one who visits SW regularly, gameplay wise.