Prince Of Persia - XBOX 360 >PS3 (Comparison Vid Inside)

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

Here, I have tried to match the comparison color- and black/contrast-wise... That still doesn't change the blurrier textures and screen.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
They know the black levels are responsible for that, they're grasping at straws rather than admitting yet another inferior PS3 multiplat, since according to most cows multiplats now look better on the PS3.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#103 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Here, I have tried to match the comparison color- and black/contrast-wise... That still doesn't change the blurrier textures and screen.

wapahala

Thank you for that, this is something Videogamer should have done though before posting the video.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts
Funny that some Cows actually think they capture these movies with a cam put in front of a tv and the PS3 tv is not set up properly :lol:
ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts
LOL, the ps3 version seems to be washed out and more blurrier. Another inferior multiplat for the ps3
ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts
[QUOTE="wapahala"]

Nice job man, this should silence all the cows crying black levels or RGB
Avatar image for CheckingAvailab
CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 CheckingAvailab
Member since 2008 • 393 Posts

I think from this picture you can see the difference most clearly. It's not just the colours, the 360 version is just sharper overall.

Denying this is just silly.

Arsuz

all the ps3 fanboys that keep saying it's just a "brightness difference" are lying to themselves

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 CheckingAvailab
[QUOTE="super_star98789"]

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/prince_of_persia_2008_video_comparison.html#

More than the color staturation and contrast difference (which maybe possibly be a setting issue for the ps3?). The xbox version is sharper and more detailed.

ronniepage588

okay every 360 fanboy will jump to the conclusion here, but i have read in several reviews the ps3 version looks better with better colors. so uh, this video comparison TOTALLY sucks because they OBVIOUSLY didn't set RGB to FULL, as well as correctly setting some other settings, and also making sure they used HDMI on a 1080P with both consoles. theres no game that looks that washed out and that bland on ps3 ( i mean the blacks look gray how more obvious does it get) i will wait and see if gametrailers does a proper comparison. and who ever heard of videogamer.com ?!

"i have read in several reviews the ps3 version looks better with better colors."
Where's your link? you're just making this up

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I guess I'll play the PC version then...
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

The 360 is obviously better...color, textures, and contrast (but the brightness and contrast can probably be fixed via adjusting the TV. Textures in some areas are noticeably better, but when playing I don't think it would jump out at you. As long as the framerate is the same and there is no pop-in or tearing then both are fine--the PS3 version won't really disappoinot anyone.

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 CheckingAvailab
apparently the "cows" believe that changing the brightness would magically make textures appear.
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 stiltzsy
apparently the "cows" believe that changing the brightness would magically make textures appear.CheckingAvailab
LOL! True. They seem to ignore the textures being better in the 360 and just blame it all on the brightness/contrast.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#114 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
LOL, the ps3 version seems to be washed out and more blurrier. Another inferior multiplat for the ps3ArrancarVizard
Inferior version? Its hardly a big issue, both console owners get a great game. Quit thinking the 360 version is "better" because it isn't, both are the same.
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 stiltzsy
[QUOTE="ArrancarVizard"]LOL, the ps3 version seems to be washed out and more blurrier. Another inferior multiplat for the ps3Haziqonfire
Inferior version? Its hardly a big issue, both console owners get a great game. Quit thinking the 360 version is "better" because it isn't, both are the same.

Read my previous post. I said the PS3 version wont' disappoint. But it's clearly not equal. I'm sure as you play it most things won't be noticed (as long as their is no pop-in and screen tearing or the framerate remains constant). Barring that the texturers being better on teh360 really aren't that noticeable. But make no mistake about it the 360 version is the better version. Kind of like running a race...if you finish .01 seconds behind the leader or 2 seconds behind him...you still didn't win. This is SW and it's all about whcih one is the best. Now in reality...the .01 seconds really doesnt' matter that much...both are great games.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
I don't know what PS3 version is in that vid, but the PS3 version I see on my television looks better than the x360 vid in that comparison. That vid makes both versions look like crap. The 360 version I know can't look that bad. Video comparisons ae useless. If you want to see what both versions actually look like, play them yourself on a good HDTV.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
weaker console produce weaker graphics, that's just natural
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#118 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts

So what, that suddenly makes it so much better? I'm sorry but unless your a fanboy sitting 6 inches away from 2 60 inch screens side by side I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

I own the 360 AND PS3 versions of Oblivion, GTA4, andCall of Duty 4. I put 2 tvs next to each other, and the only way I could see any difference at all was by squinting 2 feet away

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
i have to lol at this comparison because its theoppositefor me every game on the 360 looks washed out and has some kind of white overlay to it and when im on my ps3 it looks darker and more rich. They do not have the rgb full believe me they dont if they did it would look the same.
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

why do I still hear people blaming the ps3 hardware for x360 ports? i dont get it...

If the game is build on x360 hardware the port wont look the same on diff hardware even if its 10x more powerfull. Some people really dont fully understand what porting a game really means.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="ArrancarVizard"]LOL, the ps3 version seems to be washed out and more blurrier. Another inferior multiplat for the ps3Haziqonfire

This actually matters to me, because i'm debating on which console to buy it for.... The 360 version looks obviously better....and i'm no fanboy. I buy the best product.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#122 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 skingus
Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?SpinoRaptor24
Are there any other sites that are reporting this? I'd hate to make my decision based on this one vid.
Spankyqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Spankyqwerty
Member since 2004 • 126 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?skingus
Are there any other sites that are reporting this? I'd hate to make my decision based on this one vid.

Nope, no other sources (as far as I am aware) state any graphical disparities. The reviews (and video reviews) from the biggest websites (IGN, Gamespot, GT etc.) use the PS3 version, and dont mention any differences.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 skingus

[QUOTE="skingus"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?Spankyqwerty

Nope, no other sources (as far as I am aware) state any graphical disparities. The reviews (and video reviews) from the biggest websites (IGN, Gamespot, GT etc.) use the PS3 version, and dont mention any differences.

Well still, if I don't hear anything else, I might just go on and buy it on the 360... If this vid is true, then in my eyes the 360 version does in fact look better.
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 skingus
just to add, the colorful looks in this game, are a huge selling point. IMO.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

People reallly are grasping for straws nowadays, huh?

"The XBOX Version is superior because the image has slightly more contrast!"

So what happened to things like shading, textures, AA, frame rate? You know, things that people here used to compare, that would actually matter in a discussion of comparing the same game on a different platform. Nobody's mentioned those cause the game looks just about identical on both platforms.

But color saturation and contrast? Really?

I mean ... really?

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 CheckingAvailab

i have to lol at this comparison because its theoppositefor me every game on the 360 looks washed out and has some kind of white overlay to it and when im on my ps3 it looks darker and more rich. They do not have the rgb full believe me they dont if they did it would look the same.njean777

excuses, excuses, and lies. it's already prooven that the xbox360 version looks better. let it go

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 CheckingAvailab

I don't know what PS3 version is in that vid, but the PS3 version I see on my television looks better than the x360 vid in that comparison. That vid makes both versions look like crap. The 360 version I know can't look that bad. Video comparisons ae useless. If you want to see what both versions actually look like, play them yourself on a good HDTV.mazdero

yeah, blame it on the tv :roll:

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 CheckingAvailab

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?skingus

yes, gametrailers mentioned that the xbox360 version is better in their video review

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 CheckingAvailab

Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?SpinoRaptor24

lol, that's what i've been wondering too

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 CheckingAvailab

People reallly are grasping for straws nowadays, huh?

"The XBOX Version is superior because the image has slightly more contrast!"

So what happened to things like shading, textures, AA, frame rate? You know, things that people here used to compare, that would actually matter in a discussion of comparing the same game on a different platform. Nobody's mentioned those cause the game looks just about identical on both platforms.

But color saturation and contrast? Really?

I mean ... really?

Nightflash28

you're the one grasping for straws if you try to ignore the better color and better better textures on the 360 version

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

ummm.. what the hell are you guys going on about?? other than the fact the 360 version is darker (which can be altered via your TV or on the ps3 menu) there is no difference between the versions? Hell, if anything, the ps3 version has better shadows!

lol, these comparisons made sense when there were real difference..noew 360 fanboys try and claim ownage based on contrast???! what the hell? Are your consoles currently being fixed or something?? Basically, the games are 99% identical.. other than with the ps3 version u dont have toworry about the RROD.

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Yup, the 360 version does look better.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Darth_Stalin

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]Why can't cows just accept the fact that the 360 version looks better?CheckingAvailab

lol, that's what i've been wondering too

Just like on the Fallout 3 comparison, when they looked the same...the cows were screaming...but teh 360 is washed out!!! Now, look at these.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#136 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
PS3 is the home for inferior ports am confirmed. (sorry if old.)BudsMcGreen
So you say anti fanboy in your sig but you say its got inferior ports, the same thing happened with assassings creed, the only difference i see there is one has more contrast then the other, like in assassins creed.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Animal-Mother
Yup, the 360 version does look better.Tulak_Hord
Defiantly, I mean it's got more color to it.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Darth_Stalin
[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"]Yup, the 360 version does look better.Animal-Mother

Not just more color. Look at 1:00-1:10. Look at the edges next to the top doors, and look at the wall next to the lower pillar. Also look at the detail on his glove from :20-:23 Also look at the pillar the prince is climping on 2:21 I'm sorry, the 360 version looks better here.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 thetruespin
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"]Yup, the 360 version does look better.Tulak_Hord

Not just more color. Look at 1:00-1:10. Look at the edges next to the top doors, and look at the wall next to the lower pillar. Also look at the detail on his glove from :20-:23 Also look at the pillar the prince is climping on 2:21 I'm sorry, the 360 version looks better here.

lol.. you could only get away with such statements on SW. anywhere else and you would sound pathetic.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"]Yup, the 360 version does look better.Tulak_Hord

I never said it didnt look better, I mean it does has more detail. I mean It was the same thing with AC was it not?
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 thetruespin
oh, and according to IGN insider, the 360 version has more jags due to lack of AA.
Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
360 has better color and higher resolution. maybe a bit better textures too.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
Isn't the 360 version better in almost every game?
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts
i donno...the brightness setting on the PS3 version just seems like it's really high to me. i think that if they turned the brightness down it would look more like the 360 version. but i guess i'll get this game for a 360 instead of my PS3 thanks to this video.
CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 CheckingAvailab

ummm.. what the hell are you guys going on about?? other than the fact the 360 version is darker (which can be altered via your TV or on the ps3 menu) there is no difference between the versions? Hell, if anything, the ps3 version has better shadows!

lol, these comparisons made sense when there were real difference..noew 360 fanboys try and claim ownage based on contrast???! what the hell? Are your consoles currently being fixed or something?? Basically, the games are 99% identical.. other than with the ps3 version u dont have toworry about the RROD.

thetruespin

you ps3 fanboys :lol: as if a change in brightness makes textures magically appear

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 CheckingAvailab

[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Defiantly, I mean it's got more color to it. thetruespin

lol.. you could only get away with such statements on SW. anywhere else and you would sound pathetic.

you sony fanboys sure know how to lie to yourselves :|

CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 CheckingAvailab

oh, and according to IGN insider, the 360 version has more jags due to lack of AA. thetruespin

you have no proof to back it up. yet according to both this comparison and gametrailer's review, the 360 version is better

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Kinda surprised the PS3 fans are still trying to argue it when there is even a video of side by side. I would have thought PS3 owners would have prefered to try and just havethis thread die since it is clear which version looks better.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
One's brighter than the other :|
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Darth_Stalin
i donno...the brightness setting on the PS3 version just seems like it's really high to me. i think that if they turned the brightness down it would look more like the 360 version. but i guess i'll get this game for a 360 instead of my PS3 thanks to this video.littlestreakier
Its not about the brightness, it is about detail.