Portal 2 Hype Thread! (56k) 9.0 @ GS! spoilers = Suspension. Yee be warned.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#751 TheKing012
Member since 2011 • 1191 Posts

Wooee, Portal 2 still manages to look fantastic.

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]

Daaarn the psn issues.Stevo_the_gamer

That is why you should play the PC version. :)

ehhh...it's still running on the Source engine. looks good for what they had to work with, though.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#752 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I'm on Chapter 9 right now. I know the end is near but I don't want to finish it. The game is way too awesome; I'll hold it off for a little while longer. I'm playing co-op with my brother later tonight. Family members are an efficient replacement for PSN :D

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#753 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Mod for Portal 2 ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lICcfdftF0Dante2710

Holy crap, how did they get a tank in there.:shock:

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I have a feeling the best parts of this game are yet to come, via DLC and Mods.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Just finished it. Damn fine game. I wasn't expecting a good story or ending so it was a nice surprise. Really well thought out, really blew me away.

Stevo_the_gamer
I just finished it as well, and I have to say... I'm very impressed. It was damn short (Five and half hours worth), but without a doubt in my mind, offered perhaps one of the--if not--THEE best damn singleplayer experience for me this generation.

Takes a lot longer than 5.5 hours if you don't rush through though. Then add the co-op in, there's a good 12 hours there without going for achievements.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

For dual console owners, any word out yet as to which version performs better?

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#757 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

Honestly, Portal 2 is the best game i've played in a long time. Other developers should take notes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#758 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Just finished it. Damn fine game. I wasn't expecting a good story or ending so it was a nice surprise. Really well thought out, really blew me away.

Stevo_the_gamer

I just finished it as well, and I have to say... I'm very impressed. It was damn short (Five and half hours worth), but without a doubt in my mind, offered perhaps one of the--if not--THEE best damn singleplayer experience for me this generation.

I have to agree with you 100% Stevo. Nice quote in your sig btw :P

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#759 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts

ehhh...it's still running on the Source engine. looks good for what they had to work with, though.

TheKing012

The source engine is awesome. :)

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#760 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Went through the last level again. Still love the ending so much, through [spoiler] the moon part still makes me go WTF.XD [/spoiler]

Hopefully I can get a headset soon so I can go through the co-op campaign, since with this type of game, I think it time to finally get one for co-op stuff.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I'm convinced Valve is the Pixar of the videogame industry, they can do no wrong. Portal 2 is the best game I have ever played. It has outranked Half Life 2 as my favorite game of all time. Everything, save for the jarring load times, was perfect. The humor, the puzzles (even if they were a bit too easy), the story, the atmosphere and last but not least, the awesome ending. Its insane how well Valve really knows what they want out of a game. Its like they're a hive mind, I don't see any other way a product could have come out so flawlessly among so many different people working on it. It was almost as if the game was reading my mind. Every time I began getting tired of something, the test chambers, the puzzle styles, the environment, the game would change things up accordingly.

Bravo Valve, honestly, bravo. Portal 2 is undoubtedly my GotY, and I don't say that lightly. Its rare that I am so certain I've enjoyed a game more than any other that I actually let it be known. There is no question in regards to Portal 2. Its that good.

I'm only sad that the series really has nowhere left to go, but all was wrapped up perfectly in the end. The trilogy route is a bit overplayed anyway.

[spoiler] Did anyone else find the turret symphony at the end of the game better than Still Alive and Want You Gone? It was emotional and hilarious at the same time. I was cracking up [/spoiler]

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#762 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Went through the last level again. Still love the ending so much, through ***SPOILER***

Hopefully I can get a headset soon so I can go through the co-op campaign, since with this type of game, I think it time to finally get one for co-op stuff.

Wanderer5

[spoiler] From what I gathered, the conversion gel (the white gel), was apparently made out of moon dust. That's why we were able to create a portal on the moon at the end. =P [/spoiler]

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I'm definitely not disappoint.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#764 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

I really like the motion blur in portal 2, it isn't distracting, but it is still there when it needs it and looks great.

Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

Mod for Portal 2 ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lICcfdftF0Dante2710
:lol: Thats awesome

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Just finished playing it.

Have to say it was a awesome game.

Love all the funny quotes.

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

Wow, I'm in tears. I can't even begin to describe how awesome the SP is. I really have no words.

Coyful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 Coyful
Member since 2011 • 373 Posts
I plan to pick up Portal 2 on the way home from the airport tomorrow... You''ve all got me riled up for the SP. Sounds like classic Valve value.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 Head_of_games

I'm only sad that the series really has nowhere left to go, but all was wrapped up perfectly in the end. The trilogy route is a bit overplayed anyway.

jamejame

I could see a sequel happening some time after Half Life and Team Fortress 3, when we have a new engine.

[spoiler] The thing is, Chell would never willing return to Aperture Science. And after Portal 2, GLaDOS would never maliciously bring her back. However, I could see GLaDOS bringing her back for a good reason. For instance, start the game with Chell on her Death Bed. She closes her eys, and the last few lines of Still Alive play. Then have her wake up again in the Enrichment Center, in front of GLaDOS. She did say she'd try reanimating the dead as a hobby. [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Head_of_games

I could see a sequel happening some time after Half Life and Team Fortress 3, when we have a new engine.

What if you get a portal gun in Half Life 3?

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

I find that unlikely, as it would either be extraordinarily overpowered, extremely nerfed, or only found in one small section of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

Head_of_games

I find that unlikely, as it would either be extraordinarily underpowered, extremely nerfed, or only found in one small section of the game.

HL2 had that weapon that only worked in that small area around the prison.
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#773 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

Valve is Pixar+Kubrick

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Am i really the one who felt really really bad for

[spoiler] Wheatley? When he screamed grab me grab me i felt very sad for him. :( He didnt want any of that to happen. He went mad with power and was deeply upset when GlaDos and Chell teamed him hench the rant during the boss was just out of pure fear. [/spoiler]