Polygon downrates BF4 for being a broken game.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

"After a brief period of reliability in the day or so before Thanksgiving in the US, Battlefield 4 has again succumbed to repeated and consistent issues on every platform. PC players are reporting crashes, while Xbox One and PS4 players are once again suffering from crashes to the homescreen of their respective platforms, as well as general matchmaking problems for the Conquest game type. More than a month after its initial release, Battlefield 4 is still barely playable for many players, and EA and DICE can't seem to fix the problem (though EA has informed us a new patch is going live on PC tomorrow, delaying our appraisal of that platform for at least a day or two). As such, it's difficult for us to recommend a game that otherwise may be the strongest multiplayer shooter of the year."

Source.

GS should do the same.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I was trying to play it online and it crashed to the home screen 4 times. Stopped trying.

Also happened once during the campaign.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Meh, the crashes have reduced a lot since the last update. I played it almost throughout yesterday with no crashes. It's pretty stable now, I just wish we could pick servers. They need to fix it so I can pick servers in my territory to reduce lag.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

glad theyre doing this. its shameful to say that our game is the best FPS when it clearly doesn't work.

IM a BF fan but this game is just beyond broken. They shouldve released it 6 months later with everything working perfectly.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Sucks, but this is common with ALL Battlefield games going back to the very first BF:1942.

DICE rushes this stuff out, at the behest of their EA overlords, and well, you know the rest.

The good news is that DICE will fix it all up - after a few weeks of patching.

A game this big, with so much advanced TECH going on, requires months of QA testing. Unfortunately, all the testing is happening right now in retail because EA wanted to rush it out with the Next-Gen launches.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

It's pretty funny because even though BF is clearly the better game I've actually played more CoD Ghosts, just because the game actually works and isn't plagued by horrible crashes and bugs, even if it is badly optimised.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

rock solid for me. intel pentium g860.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Right now, I'm playing BF4 online to take advantage of the Double XP week. Once that ends, I'm going back to KZ.

I ain't even bothering with BF4 campaign since it'll just corrupt my saves anyway and force me to start over again.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

ive had no issues with bf4, i only play domination though

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

Ive never had any problems with BF4 on the PC or Xbox One? nuff said.. :/

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@loco145 said:

"After a brief period of reliability in the day or so before Thanksgiving in the US, Battlefield 4 has again succumbed to repeated and consistent issues on every platform. PC players are reporting crashes, while Xbox One and PS4 players are once again suffering from crashes to the homescreen of their respective platforms, as well as general matchmaking problems for the Conquest game type. More than a month after its initial release, Battlefield 4 is still barely playable for many players, and EA and DICE can't seem to fix the problem (though EA has informed us a new patch is going live on PC tomorrow, delaying our appraisal of that platform for at least a day or two). As such, it's difficult for us to recommend a game that otherwise may be the strongest multiplayer shooter of the year."

Source.

GS should do the same.

Highly unethical.

Most people who wanted to play this game already got it,so who cares about a change in review,this is one of the biggest problems with reviewers and reviews,they play with an incredibly small number or other reviewers and testers,so the game basically doesn't show most problems when tons of people get into the game problems start to happen,reviews for this kind of games should come 1 week after the game is out or 2.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

>bf

>console

ha!

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

While I haven't had as many crashes since the patch, I still think it's inexcusable that here we are over two weeks since the PS4 launch, and crashes are still probable.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

@wis3boi said:

>bf

>console

ha!

What's wrong with playing it on a PS4 or a 720 apart from the obverse bugs which also effect the PC?

Both are 64 players on dedicated servers. Unless you really have to play with a K/M what apart from a little higher resolution what are you missing?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

Right now, I'm playing BF4 online to take advantage of the Double XP week. Once that ends, I'm going back to KZ.

I ain't even bothering with BF4 campaign since it'll just corrupt my saves anyway and force me to start over again.

But isnt that for premium customers only?

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@Netherscourge said:

But isnt that for premium customers only?

no

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

EA

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Supposed to be another patch Tomorrow

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Which is to prepare for China Rising, fix the one shot headshot bug and fix the sound bug.

It doesn't mention much about crashes except for Single Player

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@seanmcloughlin:

Ugh, glad I didn't buy it.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I gave up on it a while ago. I'll go back on when they fix it.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bobbetybob
@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

Which is to prepare for China Rising, fix the one shot headshot bug and fix the sound bug.

Are people still getting crashes during gameplay or at other times because mine's been OK except for when I try to quit after matches. It seems like if I don't do it at the exact right moment it freezes and then I have to end the task but it still leaves an unstoppable process running so then I have to restart my whole PC. It's great fun!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@bobbetybob said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

Are people still getting crashes during gameplay or at other times because mine's been OK except for when I try to quit after matches. It seems like if I don't do it at the exact right moment it freezes and then I have to end the task but it still leaves an unstoppable process running so then I have to restart my whole PC. It's great fun!

Apparently so. I haven't gotten a proper crash in weeks (except see below) but people on GAF were saying they're STILL getting hard lockups and crashing after games. PS4 is said to be in a terrible state

Oh, but I do get crazy crashes on Shanghai, can't play the map AT ALL. Since launch I haven't had a round on that map because it either crashes before the map loads or during a round at a random point.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

lolPolygon

lolArthurGies

lolBattlefield

lolEA

lolGamesJournalism

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I agree. While the game is fun, looks great on my rig, and for the most part runs great when it isn't crashing, I can't get into a long session without experiencing issues. Looks like I'll put this game on the back burner till the fix their issue.

THCLHBO

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Its been working good for me for the most part. Oh well.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

Sucks, but this is common with ALL Battlefield games going back to the very first BF:1942.

DICE rushes this stuff out, at the behest of their EA overlords, and well, you know the rest.

The good news is that DICE will fix it all up - after a few weeks of patching.

A game this big, with so much advanced TECH going on, requires months of QA testing. Unfortunately, all the testing is happening right now in retail because EA wanted to rush it out with the Next-Gen launches.

I played BF 2 and Bad Company 2 at launch and neither had anywhere near the problems BF 4 has. In fact i think BF 4 has frozen or crashed on me more than all the other games I've ever played put together. Of course Dice was rushed by EA and they had to release 5 versions which is insane. I really cant blame Dice at all.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

BF4 is the game im having the most fun in playing online since 2010 but i would agree, its the most broken title i have played in ages. Been over two weeks and emblems you create on ps4 don't even show on your guns lol OVER TWO WEEKS LATER wtf dice/ea.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Literally the game should be 5/10 or worse. It is that broken.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bobbetybob
@seanmcloughlin said:

@bobbetybob said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

Apparently so. I haven't gotten a proper crash in weeks (except see below) but people on GAF were saying they're STILL getting hard lockups and crashing after games. PS4 is said to be in a terrible state

Oh, but I do get crazy crashes on Shanghai, can't play the map AT ALL. Since launch I haven't had a round on that map because it either crashes before the map loads or during a round at a random point.

Damn, that's pretty crazy, I've not had any single map that hates me although I've not really played enough to check.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@bobbetybob said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

I havent crashed in 3 weeks

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I play all of the time on PC, it's crashed maybe 2-3 times tops. Obviously it would be better if it never crashed, but it hasn't even come close to making it unplayable.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

GOOD~

Thats one of things i do like about poly. IF game stays broke for too long after release. They downgrade that shit...

I was playing it 2 days ago. Game got super laggy for 2 minutes then crashed, Retsrated it 5 soon as the match was over crashed again. Then i swapped games because of the shit

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 k2theswiss

@teuf_: polly pinpoints the issue in the review update part

"

BATTLEFIELD 4 REVIEW UPDATE: XBOX ONE AND PS4

"

glad to hear it's not crashing on pc

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ConorHat
Member since 2013 • 141 Posts

It basically constitutes fraud to sell broken software. Anyway, I hope people have learned not to buy anything with Electronic Arts name on it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 k2theswiss

@conorhat said:

It basically constitutes fraud to sell broken software. Anyway, I hope people have learned not to buy anything with Electronic Arts name on it.

EA had good studios/games under their belt. you haters need start hating on combines that deserve the hate

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

At least it's not as trashy as the stuff Ready at Dawn makes.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

You can thank EA for that. RUSH IT OUT TO COMPETE WITH COD. If this game had a smooth launch with no hiccups on all platforms it could have been a major step for DICE to establish Battlefield as the new premier shooter. They failed.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Are there really Xbox One and PC issues or are they just trying to make PS4 gamers not feel bad about their purchase by making cows think this effects everyone?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

DICE rushed it out, for sure...but Polygon is a joke.

The fact I agree with them in this case tells me that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

When it works, it's a blast...but every now and again...freeze. It's annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

To all those who say don't buy EA games... it's a double edge sword. Sure, it deprives EA of making money but it also hurts really good studios. And with the fickle creature EA is, if games like Battlefield, Dead Space, Mass Effect and such don't sell just because gamers won't buy those just because it's EA, EA doesn't see that, they see that gamers don't have an interest in those games anymore because Madden and whatever else sells so much. In the end we hurt Dice, Bioware and Visceral by doing that. Thats not cool because if their games suddenly don't sell, then thats when EA starts closing studios down.

It's a touch choice to make, I personally will still support my favorite developers and I don't care about the publisher. If you buy the game and then complain, it shows that you had interest in that game, but because of EA's rushing it's not fully functional. The Devs can go told you so to EA, but they don't seem to listen all the time. They do listen though, If you notice EA is giving Bioware all the time they need to make Dragon Age 3. EA originally wanted it out this year, then next spring and now it's sitting at a Fall 2014 release, they are actually letting Bioware work on it and accept the delays. However, EA wasn't so nice to Dice and made them rush it out, the main difference is the game is done in terms of content, just it needed more time to fix glitches and bugs.

BF4 is a great game, I am personally really enjoying the single player and the multi-player with my friends has been a blast. Unfortunately it's been a rough ride getting booted from games, have my SP save data deleted and such.

I guess shorten up my point, don't hurt great developers just because EA publishes the game and sometimes makes dumb choices

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

5 days ago they gave PS4 and XBONE versions 7.5/10. Did things really go so badly in just a few days?

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ConorHat

@ryangcnx-2: Studios can leave EA and go indie anytime. In fact, that would be a viable option these days when indie games are making a killing. EA is milking talented people and by supporting the games you are fueling an industry-killing problem that started with the way EA treats their employees. You need to wake up and stop hugging the evil corporations. They only want your money, don't be a sheep, don't give in, don't give them any money.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bobbetybob
@conorhat said:

@ryangcnx-2: Studios can leave EA and go indie anytime. In fact, that would be a viable option these days when indie games are making a killing. EA is milking talented people and by supporting the games you are fueling an industry-killing problem that started with the way EA treats their employees. You need to wake up and stop hugging the evil corporations. They only want your money, don't be a sheep, don't give in, don't give them any money.

No the studios cannot "go indie anytime". DICE has 300+ employees, if they became an independent company they'd have to fire a lot of their staff, thus limiting their potential to make great games.

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ConorHat

@bobbetybob: Fire all your managers. Keep your most creative people. Make good games and sell them to the community as a privately owned studio. You are now Valve.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

guys should i be worried, my ps4 arrives tommorow and the only reason i got one was to play Battlefield 4 (for now)

is this problem serious?

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

guys should i be worried, my ps4 arrives tommorow and the only reason i got one was to play Battlefield 4 (for now)

is this problem serious?

There is still the occasional crash, but usually it works just fine.

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConorHat

@GrayF0X786 said:

is this problem serious?

Expect crashes at least 2 times daily, sometimes multiple times before you get to the next save checkpoint. BF4 is such a pile of shit, I can't recommend it to anyone.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

*remains happy he is chilling with 7th gen consoles*

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@conorhat said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

is this problem serious?

Expect crashes at least 2 times daily, sometimes multiple times before you get to the next save checkpoint. BF4 is such a pile of shit, I can't recommend it to anyone.

i have been playing for 2 days straight and i have not had a single problem!

only experienced serious lag in one 64 player conquest game but in another it was running smooth!

my god i used to be ignorant towards the whole 1080p 60 fps but now i know what hermits are talking about! the graphics are incredible!