Playstation Outsold Xbox 3:1 in Q1 2014

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Not just PS4 but both PS3 and PS4 combined outsold the Xbox brand 3:1 for Q1 2014!

Here it IS

Xbox family can bounce back and it seems that Sony is doing some right moves such as taking a page out of the Apple handbook for "ecosystem" though not everything is perfect in Sony land yet it's still quite admirable that the brand is coming back.

"

Though Sony doesn't reveal how many PS4 and PS3 consoles were sold separately( A little silly but probably sales have slowed since Q1/Q2), the report confirms combined sales to the consumer of 3.5 million units in the first quarter of the year, a big jump from last year's 1.1 million, while sales of PSP, Vita and Vita TV rose to 750,000, up from last year's 600,000.Combined software sales also saw a leap from ¥68bn to ¥85bn.

Microsoft's financial report for the same period was announced last week, revealing combined shipping figures for Xbox One and Xbox 360 sit at 1.1 million, meaning for the first three months of this financial year the PlayStation brand outsold Xbox 3:1.

"

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Cows abandoning the PS3 in record numbers whilst lems still lovin their 360's but that won't continue into next year and the year after that, bank on it. :P

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

TLHBO

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Good news for Sony. Still enjoying my PS3 and see no reason to upgrade until Xmas 14 or early next year when some AAA exclusives come out.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

http://i.imgur.com/RrauEsX.gif

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Cows abandoning the PS3 in record numbers whilst lems still lovin their 360's but that won't continue into next year and the year after that, bank on it. :P

With all those Blockbuster games like ...ummm.. and ..errrrrr OH there was... mmmmm. I mean all those exclusive games in 2013 and 2104 for the 360 must have really compelled people to stay. TOTALLY seeing it.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Wait. Is that 3.5 million sold to consumers vs. 1.1 shipped to retailers?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja

@SambaLele said:

They don't stay on shelves long enough for it to matter. US and UK are the only places with normalized supply chains right now.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Lemmings kneecapped.

@SecretPolice said:

All those straws slowly being taken away from you...

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#11 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I can't believe what i'm reading.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

LOL you really derailed a logical conclusion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

lol... No....:p

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/06/12/sony-31-of-ps4-owners-only-owned-a-wii-or-xbox-360-last-generation

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solid_Max13

@SecretPolice said:

Umm wouldn't these numbers prove otherwise? Technically people are abandoning Xbox as a whole.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice

Didn't mean to rustle jimmies. There were ohhh about 300 million consoles sold last gen (and still being sold) and how many new this gen consoles have been sold this gen? And some are saying at this point in time, PS4 won it's over? C'mon guys, you're better than this. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

lol this thread trully delivered.

1st comment and already a lem on high DC

:'D

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tormentos
@SambaLele said:

I am sure it most be shipped because they group it with the PS3,which i am sure is to hide lower PS3 numbers than last year.

Even if the PS3 manage which i doubt to ship 1.1 million that mean the PS4 shipped 2.4 million units from April to June which will put the PS4 at 9.4 million,but i think probably 2.6 million where PS4,sony is close to 10 million.

And close to doubling MS numbers as well.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Its an earnings report, not NPD. Any numbers in any of these reports are sold to retailers. Hence revenue also reported from said consoles.

Good to know Sony wont be going out of business due to Teh Quad.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

Didn't mean to rustle jimmies. There were ohhh about 300 million consoles sold last gen (and still being sold) and how many new this gen consoles have been sold this gen? And some are saying at this point in time, PS4 won it's over? C'mon guys, you're better than this. :P

A KO in the first round is a win. We're being realists.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

Phfft, wishful thinking I'm certain heck, the Wii U's still in the game for crying out loud..C'mon. :P

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

Its a knockdown for certain, but ridiculous to say a KO. Its makes for fun System Wars battles and all, but with 85+ million PS3 and 360s sold, coupled with 5 million Xbox One and likely 9 million PS4 and year one isn't even over yet. this thing is just getting started. Having said that, Sony has done an amazing job with the PS4. There is no way to take anything away from that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Damn, SONY and the most powerful video game console to have ever been created-the Ps4 is on a ROLL.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

Phfft, wishful thinking I'm certain heck, the Wii U's still in the game for crying out loud..C'mon. :P

The WiiU has a prospective global fanbase. The Xbox does not.

The reality of the matter is that if the UK and US won't carry the new XBox across the finish line, then it won't get there. We need to start thinking in terms of what the XBox really needs to turn itself around. All theories about the DRM, Kinect and pricepoint are null and void.

What it needs are games. BIG third party exclusive nukes are what did it for the PS1, PS2 and the XBox360 sharing in the limelight of those past two eras by taking exclusivity away. For XBone to change fate, it will need something along the lines of making Final Fantasy XV exclusive. The problem being, no publisher is going to gamble on XBone exclusivity for a major title after what happened to Titanfall.

The XBone is stuck through both ends on a skewer at this point and slowly roasting. So much so, that MS has pulled the plug on the media arm of the thing because they want to slow the bleeding they are taking with XBox. Nadella can talk all he wants about wanting to keep the XBox alive, but if he had to decide between keeping his CEO position or keeping XBox when it comes time for stockholders to take vote, you have got a ZuneBone on your hands.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja

@shawn30 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

Its a knockdown for certain, but ridiculous to say a KO. Its makes for fun System Wars battles and all, but with 85+ million PS3 and 360s sold, coupled with 5 million Xbox One and likely 9 million PS4 and year one isn't even over yet. this thing is just getting started. Having said that, Sony has done an amazing job with the PS4. There is no way to take anything away from that.

Do we know that 5 million have sold-through to end users even? You guys have got to stop doing this. You're taking shipped* number announcements from months ago and stating them in posts like this as if apples are oranges.

That uncertainty revolving around the XBone is killing it more than anything else and MS will not break the silence.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

The reality of the matter is that if the UK and US won't carry the new XBox across the finish line, then it won't get there. We need to start thinking in terms of what the XBox really needs to turn itself around. All theories about the DRM, Kinect and pricepoint are null and void.

What it needs are games. BIG third party exclusive nukes are what did it for the PS1, PS2 and the XBox360 sharing in the limelight of those past two eras by taking exclusivity away. For XBone to change fate, it will need something along the lines of making Final Fantasy XV exclusive. The problem being, no publisher is going to gamble on XBone exclusivity for a major title after what happened to Titanfall.

The XBone is stuck through both ends on a skewer at this point and slowly roasting. So much so, that MS has pulled the plug on the media arm of the thing because they want to slow the bleeding they are taking with XBox. Nadella can talk all he wants about wanting to keep the XBox alive, but if he had to decide between keeping his CEO position or keeping XBox when it comes time for stockholders to take vote, you have got a ZuneBone on your hands.

Perhaps but all I'm saying is it's way, way too early in the gen to conclude anything especially considering the horrendous start the X1 had which MS has only itself to blame but they've steadily been improving and there are some big games coming and as you said yourself, some of those could be Game changers. I'll leave it at, we shall see, if at the end of 2016 the numbers aren't closer then I think MS will be eyeing a new console or get out altogether which IMO would be very bad for the market and gamers.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

Perhaps but all I'm saying is it's way, way too early in the gen to conclude anything especially considering the horrendous start the X1 had which MS has only itself to blame but they've steadily been improving and there are some big games coming and as you said yourself, some of those could be Game changers. I'll leave it at, we shall see, if at the end of 2016 the numbers aren't closer then I think MS will be eyeing a new console or get out altogether which IMO would be very bad for the market and gamers.

I agree with you about 65% here. E3 2014 was a let-down for the XBone's future because everyone was expecting MS to pull out all the stops and splash the bank on securing nukes. They had a good show, but their focus was on rebranding the XBox rather than dropping bombs. They needed bombs and the impression a lot of people have is that the industry isn't going to give them any when the PS4 is blotting out the sun. There was no real "counter-attack" from XBox One so much as a defending territory.

The crux of the XBox Ones story is now two-fold. Will the market simply turn Sony's direction this holiday season and shut the door on XBone for the rest of the gen or can MS hold out til E3 2015 to release the bombs it was supposed to have in 2014? If there is anyone at Microsoft who reads forums, this is someone they pissed off with Kinect telling them how they can take ground back from Sony with this. They need to weather the storm this holiday season and they need some serious jaw-dropping What the **** power at the next E3. If they can not or will not accomplish those two tasks, the XBox as a brand is over.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shawn30

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

Agreed, big time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Its an earnings report, not NPD. Any numbers in any of these reports are sold to retailers. Hence revenue also reported from said consoles.

The funny thing is that so many of you claimed sony would go bankrupt and look this quarter they make 260 millions in profits they basically turned all their section around...

Hahahaha...............

There goes the only hope left you lemming have of the xbox one winning even if it was by default because sony went away..lol

@SecretPolice said:

Last time i see a console fly like this was the Wii and they over came a 8 to 9 million gap in no time and beat the xbox 360,even with 8 to 9 million units and a year had start in games.

The PS3 catch the xbox 360,but sony had ground to make a comeback MS doesn't.

Worse the xbox 360 did had like a 8 to 9 million lead on the PS3,but it wasn't one gap won head to head,the PS3 came one year after and basically yearly outsold the xbox 360,sony sold 80 million units 11 months faster than MS,both arrived the same year at 80 million,weeks one from the other,but the PS3 is 1 year younger.

The xbox one is close to be double sales wise and both consoles launch on the same month is an advantage that has been won on the spot,those are even worse to make out,because that show that one product is very hot the other isn't and the longer it goes the further it will grew.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

I agree with you about 65% here. E3 2014 was a let-down for the XBone's future because everyone was expecting MS to pull out all the stops and splash the bank on securing nukes. They had a good show, but their focus was on rebranding the XBox rather than dropping bombs. They needed bombs and the impression a lot of people have is that the industry isn't going to give them any when the PS4 is blotting out the sun. There was no real "counter-attack" from XBox One so much as a defending territory.

The crux of the XBox Ones story is now two-fold. Will the market simply turn Sony's direction this holiday season and shut the door on XBone for the rest of the gen or can MS hold out til E3 2015 to release the bombs it was supposed to have in 2014? If there is anyone at Microsoft who reads forums, this is someone they pissed off with Kinect telling them how they can take ground back from Sony with this. They need to weather the storm this holiday season and they need some serious jaw-dropping What the **** power at the next E3. If they can not or will not accomplish those two tasks, the XBox as a brand is over.

Cool, cool, I think we're little off but in the same ballpark. :)

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

#Sony has really been saved due to the PS4 hopefully they drop all the other divisions and just do movies and games

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheRealBigRich

I see ps4 hitting 120 million this gen with x1 going to hit around 70 million not sure about the Wii u maybe 30 million total

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos

@TheRealBigRich said:

#Sony has really been saved due to the PS4 hopefully they drop all the other divisions and just do movies and games

This thread has really deliver and Blackace,Stormyjoke,and blackace alter B4X haven't even show...lol

Now where is Foxbatalpha...lol

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Dat backgrounds

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Solid_Max13

@TheRealBigRich said:

I agree with this I mean I hope sony continues to invest in other things not just movies and games

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

The funny thing is that so many of you claimed sony would go bankrupt and look this quarter they make 260 millions in profits they basically turned all their section around...

Hahahaha...............

There goes the only hope left you lemming have of the xbox one winning even if it was by default because sony went away..lol

@SecretPolice said:

Last time i see a console fly like this was the Wii and they over came a 8 to 9 million gap in no time and beat the xbox 360,even with 8 to 9 million units and a year had start in games.

The PS3 catch the xbox 360,but sony had ground to make a comeback MS doesn't.

Worse the xbox 360 did had like a 8 to 9 million lead on the PS3,but it wasn't one gap won head to head,the PS3 came one year after and basically yearly outsold the xbox 360,sony sold 80 million units 11 months faster than MS,both arrived the same year at 80 million,weeks one from the other,but the PS3 is 1 year younger.

The xbox one is close to be double sales wise and both consoles launch on the same month is an advantage that has been won on the spot,those are even worse to make out,because that show that one product is very hot the other isn't and the longer it goes the further it will grew.

Hey man, I agree the PS4 is going gangbusters and it's a steep uphill climb for MS and X1 but as I've been saying, it's real early in the gen and anything can happen perhaps even Wii U making a healthy comeback.

Look here, grats Sony on the early success for PS4 and I'm hoping all three consoles do well enough to stay in the game.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

Well, I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable. We can all agree that Sony shut the door on the XBox1 back in Gen6 because it had such a head start, there was no way that someone was going to come from behind and take the market from the PS2. However, the unstated promise and *expectation* on MS was that they (as a company on whole) represent unprecedented money and interest going into gaming. After all, it was Gen6 where the gaming industry superceded the film industry in terms of overall market capital and revenue generation. You know what Xbox1 did? Despite living under the shadow of the unprecedented success of the PS2, they had the biggest game ever for the time (Halo 2) and they introduced the world to a serious online connected console.

Then MS used Jaws of Life-like power to rip the door open for the Xbox 360. I have gone on record for stating what I find wrong with the 360, but it did do its job of kicking PS3 off the throne after Wii transported the casual and non-gamer into a parallel dimension. To XBox 360's credit, when it came to the core gamer, it won. No asterisk necessary. It wasn't til the curtains were falling on Gen7 that PS3 made any kind of dubious claim of getting the number 2 spot and there is no reason to go into that argument because it is besides the point when it comes to the XBox One. Microsoft proved it had "the stuff" to be taken seriously as a major contender in console gaming. However, because of Sonys blundering with the PS3, we never really really saw that Super Saiyan level of power from the XBox that myself and every other gamer at least in the back of their minds (even the die-hard cows) kind of suspect could be there.

There's always been this notion that if push ever came to shove, Microsoft could pull of hat tricks that no one else could do because they have a money supply that makes Scrooge McDuck's vault of gold look like a trailer park. It's the unspoken promise of Microsoft and the XBox that when they entered gaming, big things are going to happen and they are going to keep happening. For the first time since the XBox1 launched, people actually have doubt about exactly that. 2014 hasn't just been a bad year for the Xbox One, it has been a catastrophically bad year for the XBox as a brand. When Titanfall became a commercial disappointment, the nuclear silos should have been armed and hot. Instead, we got a lot of talk but no boom. There is no Microsoft or XBox magic if there is no boom.

The XBone is only going to suffer as a result this holiday season. November and Decembers NPD result will make or break the brand, not just the console. If/when the PS4 goes too far ahead this holiday season, it's not going to be like PS2/Xbox1 where we can all say "Well, Sony had the head start and MS just wasn't on a fair playing field." The story is going to be that PS4 took the market from Microsoft that Microsoft had built for itself under favorable conditions when the PS3 was mishandled. That's anything but a successful narrative. If MS can still manage to keep the door open this holiday season (Hey, let's also be realistic here, that Halo collection could be a life saver. Ruling it out would be the height of fanboy delusion), they need to bring BOOM at E3 2015. No ifs. No ands. No buts. No Cloud or DX12 wizardry will be a sufficient substitute for some pure boom. XBox needs to stand for boom. It needs to be BoomBox. It was supposed to be BoomBox after this year's E3. What happened? It's not looking like a BoomBox, it's looking like DoomBox.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheRealBigRich

Being more of a Xbox fan I'm happy to see the ps4 doing good and ps4 should hope the X1 and wii u do a little better. The fact is if PS4 pulls away so far and has a monopoly that no one tries to compete the will start just playing it safe. To be honest it seems like they already are just releasing indie and small titles with a couple remasters and 2 to 4exclusives a year.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Did we really need another thread about this?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja:

You stated it well and I'm not apposed to discussing this more but really, you pretty much said it all and I'll just simply agree, this holiday season will be very telling and MS needs to bring out the super duper big guns sooner rather than later. I'll end with, I still see a horse race that's far from over and it's fun to watch.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheRealBigRich

@Shewgenja: I honestly don't think anything short of just selling this box for half the price world wide would make much of a difference. Sony would have to screw up while Xbox does miracles. In the end though it's a lesson and I doubt Xbox goes away. MS has to much money and if they would of just made a x1 like the 360(similar to ps4) it would at least be closer of a race. So my expectation is Xbox releases a console a year early than competition powerful enough to withstand a couple years at a low price.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

Hey man, I agree the PS4 is going gangbusters and it's a steep uphill climb for MS and X1 but as I've been saying, it's real early in the gen and anything can happen perhaps even Wii U making a healthy comeback.

Look here, grats Sony on the early success for PS4 and I'm hoping all three consoles do well enough to stay in the game.

All fanboysm aside we can't discount anything,after last gen anything can happen,but i think MS is a very bad spot.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shawn30

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

Well, I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable. We can all agree that Sony shut the door on the XBox1 back in Gen6 because it had such a head start, there was no way that someone was going to come from behind and take the market from the PS2. However, the unstated promise and *expectation* on MS was that they (as a company on whole) represent unprecedented money and interest going into gaming. After all, it was Gen6 where the gaming industry superceded the film industry in terms of overall market capital and revenue generation. You know what Xbox1 did? Despite living under the shadow of the unprecedented success of the PS2, they had the biggest game ever for the time (Halo 2) and they introduced the world to a serious online connected console.

Then MS used Jaws of Life-like power to rip the door open for the Xbox 360. I have gone on record for stating what I find wrong with the 360, but it did do its job of kicking PS3 off the throne after Wii transported the casual and non-gamer into a parallel dimension. To XBox 360's credit, when it came to the core gamer, it won. No asterisk necessary. It wasn't til the curtains were falling on Gen7 that PS3 made any kind of dubious claim of getting the number 2 spot and there is no reason to go into that argument because it is besides the point when it comes to the XBox One. Microsoft proved it had "the stuff" to be taken seriously as a major contender in console gaming. However, because of Sonys blundering with the PS3, we never really really saw that Super Saiyan level of power from the XBox that myself and every other gamer at least in the back of their minds (even the die-hard cows) kind of suspect could be there.

There's always been this notion that if push ever came to shove, Microsoft could pull of hat tricks that no one else could do because they have a money supply that makes Scrooge McDuck's vault of gold look like a trailer park. It's the unspoken promise of Microsoft and the XBox that when they entered gaming, big things are going to happen and they are going to keep happening. For the first time since the XBox1 launched, people actually have doubt about exactly that. 2014 hasn't just been a bad year for the Xbox One, it has been a catastrophically bad year for the XBox as a brand. When Titanfall became a commercial disappointment, the nuclear silos should have been armed and hot. Instead, we got a lot of talk but no boom. There is no Microsoft or XBox magic if there is no boom.

The XBone is only going to suffer as a result this holiday season. November and Decembers NPD result will make or break the brand, not just the console. If/when the PS4 goes too far ahead this holiday season, it's not going to be like PS2/Xbox1 where we can all say "Well, Sony had the head start and MS just wasn't on a fair playing field." The story is going to be that PS4 took the market from Microsoft that Microsoft had built for itself under favorable conditions when the PS3 was mishandled. That's anything but a successful narrative. If MS can still manage to keep the door open this holiday season (Hey, let's also be realistic here, that Halo collection could be a life saver. Ruling it out would be the height of fanboy delusion), they need to bring BOOM at E3 2015. No ifs. No ands. No buts. No Cloud or DX12 wizardry will be a sufficient substitute for some pure boom. XBox needs to stand for boom. It needs to be BoomBox. It was supposed to be BoomBox after this year's E3. What happened? It's not looking like a BoomBox, it's looking like DoomBox.

Dammit! I hate when a Cow makes a rational, reasonable, fact-based post minus any sarcasm or picture posting. *kicks at the ground* "Well said," Shawn30 grumbles at his monitor.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Technically they shipped ("sold in") three times as many Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 units as Microsoft shipped Xbox 360 and Xbox One units.

Just sayin'.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shewgenja

@TheRealBigRich said:

@Shewgenja: I honestly don't think anything short of just selling this box for half the price world wide would make much of a difference. Sony would have to screw up while Xbox does miracles. In the end though it's a lesson and I doubt Xbox goes away. MS has to much money and if they would of just made a x1 like the 360(similar to ps4) it would at least be closer of a race. So my expectation is Xbox releases a console a year early than competition powerful enough to withstand a couple years at a low price.

People will buy a machine for games they want. It's not like the XBone is $600 or anything. They need big games. The rest of the bad stuff about the console is more or less handled, although it could be too little too late to change public perception.

Sadly, at this point, securing big games may become a more difficult task as the PS4 distances itself from the XBone. It's a candle burning at both ends, which is why I say that it either happens at E3 2015 or it never ever happens. It was supposed to happen at E3 '14 though. It is only in the interest of academic dialogue I entertain the notion that it could happen. Spencer DID make a mistake at E3 2014 by not moneyhatting the **** out of a third party bombshell. He honestly did.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shawn30

@TheRealBigRich said:

Honestly, MS has the games that will turn the One into a success, even if it lags way behind PS4 as time passes. Its online infrastructure, gigantic war-chest, Halo/Gears/Forza, features and the fact that there is no RROD this time and with Kinect out of the box they won't suffer huge losses going forward. The PS3 and 360 both sold 80+ million and the next gen consoles aren't at 15 million combined yet. There is a very, very long way to go and tons and tons of gamers simply haven't chosen to make the jump yet. I think Holiday season 2015, with Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 likely will tell a great, great deal IMHO.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice

@shawn30:

haha, that made me chuckle.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

I hope xbox does not die. PS4 already dominate but after sony start release of AAAE like last gen MS cannot compete. Dev already regret selling exclusive to xbox, Ryse disaster after dev want to go multi, Dead Rising 3 pc port.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Solid_Max13

@lostrib said:

Did we really need another thread about this?

Yes because why not, and official or some shit I dunno.