Playstation Is Dying

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Stella!!!

Oh dying you say. In that case...

Freedom!!!

tetrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 tetrim
Member since 2012 • 230 Posts

These threads are pointless.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Yet Xbox Live has a better connection quality in games, the mic quality doesn't sound horrible on Xbox games like with PSN

And Xbox has never been hacked like PSN

Elivathus

What a load of bullsh!t.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Yet Xbox Live has a better connection quality in games, the mic quality doesn't sound horrible on Xbox games like with PSN

Elivathus

It's peer-to-peer.

Microsoft has done a good job of defrauding the public.

And XBL has been hacked dozens of times.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

ZombieKiller7

It's peer-to-peer.

Funny how MS's peer to peer network works better then whatever the hell Sony hacked together for PSN.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#56 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
Uh... no.
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Playstations is dying

PSP 1000 - Failure (Those who bothered the purchase the system mostly jailbroke it and the games collected dust on the shelves of retailers)

PSP 2000 - Failure (See above)

PSP 3000 - Failure (See above)

PSP GO - Failure (Sony is hoping you don't remember this)

PSP VITA - Failure (What a shame after all that hype)

The Nintendo 3DS dominating the handheld gaming industry, especially after the release of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.

Xbox Live may not be free but it definetely offers a better experience then PSN.

We all remember PSN suffering an outage that lasted weeks

PSN does not support a party chat feature that works great in Xbox Live

Many say PSN connections and mic quality never hold up as well against Xbox Live.

If you ask random people what was iconic about the Wii you wouldn't probably hear them say the remote people swing around, and if you asked people what Kinect was you would hear them say that thing that you move your body around too but how many people do you honestly think would even be familiar with Playstation Move?

I'm pretty sure too Playstation is coming dead last in sales.

I have a feeling Nintendo and Microsoft are leaving Playstation in the dust, the PS4 may come out but against the Wii U and Xbox 720 I think the Playstation franchise will eventually die out.

Elivathus

The only thing dying here are the milion brain cells in the heads of the people like you !!!

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

PS brand has lost market share this generation at an alarming rate. It may look like its dying but its actually just normalizing.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#59 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Umm...no, everything in your OP was wrong. Especially about PSP being a failure and PSN having less connection quality, are you just trolling or do you legitimently believe this stuff your sayiing? I think your trolling, no one is that stupid. Oh wait I'm wrong, abonsobo/ForzaGerasFace/reach3/50 other alts believes everything he says and probably believes what your saying as well.

Oh and you were right about PSN being down, but I'll let you in on a secret, do you remember Christmas 2009? MW2 came out and all the kids played it but Xbox Live crashed, it was out for about 2 weeks. For some reason people don't like to remember or admit this, it happened.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

locopatho

It's peer-to-peer.

Funny how MS's peer to peer network works better then whatever the hell Sony hacked together for PSN.

Lol no, just no, you obviously have no understanding of how networking works. Ther is no "better" P2P, only thing that can make it "better" is gettinga better internet connection or playing with a better host. Xbox Live connection is exactly the same as PSN connection, just because you pay forsomething doesn't make it better. Only difference between the two services is that one rips you off and makes you pay again just to unlock a feature of the game you just bought andplay over your own connection that you aready pay for, while the other one doesn't.

Now the fun part is watching people such as yourself squirm as you try to defend this :lol:

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

It's peer-to-peer.

ShadowMoses900

Lol no, just no, you obviously have no understanding of how networking works. Ther is no "better" P2P, only thing that can make it "better" is gettinga better internet connection or playing with a better host. Xbox Live connection is exactly the same as PSN connection, just because you pay forsomething doesn't make it better. Only difference between the two services is that one rips you off and makes you pay again just to unlock a feature of the game you just bought andplay over your own connection that you aready pay for, while the other one doesn't.

Now the fun part is watching people such as yourself squirm as you try to defend this :lol:

what would make me squirm is being hacked and having my information stolen....all to save a few pennies
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
[QUOTE="darkman006"]When will people learn that there are no "good" fanboys. BibiMaghoo
Not true. A fanboy that can praise his system yet recognnise its faults while not insulting other users or their systems is a good fanboy. Ill let you know if I find any.

That's a fan, not a fanboy. Fanboys blindly defend their systems, and bash every other system that they don't own.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

It's peer-to-peer.

ShadowMoses900

I think you are the one who doesn't understand... You are trying to tell me a network either "works" or "doesn't work", that's simply false. 360 charged me for a brilliant online experience that has faltered once that I can remember (round a Christmas time a couple years back, only for a day) PSN on the other hand is a complete mess with constant lag, updates and the occasional complete collapse. The one I paid for is awesome. The one, ones actually to include Wii as well as PS3, are crappy. Worth it. Free Xbox Live would be nice, but paying is still better then PSN :/
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Funny how MS's peer to peer network works better then whatever the hell Sony hacked together for PSN. locopatho

I think you are the one who doesn't understand... You are trying to tell me a network either "works" or "doesn't work", that's simply false. 360 charged me for a brilliant online experience that has faltered once that I can remember (round a Christmas time a couple years back, only for a day) PSN on the other hand is a complete mess with constant lag, updates and the occasional complete collapse. The one I paid for is awesome. The one, ones actually to include Wii as well as PS3, are crappy. Worth it. Free Xbox Live would be nice, but paying is still better then PSN :/

Well for a paid subscription, I would defintely expect a superb online experience and security. So far I think MS has done a great job with it on the xbox

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Funny how MS's peer to peer network works better then whatever the hell Sony hacked together for PSN. locopatho

Lol you obviously don't have a PS3 or just trolling....you have never played on PSN before and this is all too hilarious, "constant lag" :lol:

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 spiderluck

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Lol you obviously don't have a PS3 or just trolling....you have never played on PSN before and this is all too hilarious, "constant lag" :lol:

No cross game chat ....hacked to rat sh-t....why is that again??
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
So the 360 must be dead given it's been outsold every single year by the PS3.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] I think you are the one who doesn't understand... You are trying to tell me a network either "works" or "doesn't work", that's simply false. 360 charged me for a brilliant online experience that has faltered once that I can remember (round a Christmas time a couple years back, only for a day) PSN on the other hand is a complete mess with constant lag, updates and the occasional complete collapse. The one I paid for is awesome. The one, ones actually to include Wii as well as PS3, are crappy. Worth it. Free Xbox Live would be nice, but paying is still better then PSN :/spiderluck

Oh yes because paying $60 just to be able to talk to someone playing a different game than I am over a P2P service is so worth it, it is SO superior! Never mind that PC can do that for FREE andI can just use Skype for FREE, but no I would rather pay just for that, and it's not annoying at all! I love talking to people I have nothing to talk about especially in games like Mass Effect, who cares about the story right? I would rather listen to someone talk about their killstreaks in COD!

And the hack! Yes because one big incident makes the entire thing a piece of sh!t and I should sell my system. It's not like the RROD fiasco or Xbox Live going down for 2-3 weeks over Christmas matters, no that's totally different and people sell their systems over that too! Your right, Xbox Live is clearly superior, paying for P2P servers with ads is not a rip off at all because they give you cross game chat! That's not a gimmick at all!

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 spiderluck

[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Oh yes because paying $60 just to be able to talk to someone playing a different game than I am over a P2P service is so worth it, it is SO superior! Never mind that PC can do that for FREE andI can just use Skype for FREE, but no I would rather pay just for that, and it's not annoying at all! I love talking to people I have nothing to talk about especially in games like Mass Effect, who cares about the story right? I would rather listen to someone talk about their killstreaks in COD!

And the hack! Yes because one big incident makes the entire thing a piece of sh!t and I should sell my system. It's not like the RROD fiasco or Xbox Live going down for 2-3 weeks over Christmas matters, no that's totally different and people sell their systems over that too! Your right, Xbox Live is clearly superior, paying for P2P servers with ads is not a rip off at all because they give you cross game chat! That's not a gimmick at all!

Actually ..what i asked you was ....why cant psn do cross game chat ...and why did it get hacked so badly.....i never use cross game chat myself...but i do value my credit card information..........
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="spiderluck"] No cross game chat ....hacked to rat sh-t....why is that again??spiderluck

Actually ..what i asked you was ....why cant psn do cross game chat ...and why did it get hacked so badly.....i never use cross game chat myself...but i do value my credit card information..........

PSN can't do cross game chat because of RAM, the 360 has all the RAM in one place where as the PS3 has it seperated into Graphics RAM and (I forget the name) RAM, they both have the same amount of RAM but 360 doesn't seperate it like the PS3 does. The PS Vita however has Cross Game chat, so if you wanted to be technical about it then PSN does have it.

As for the hack, well it's partly Sony's fault and mostly the hackers fault. Anything can get hacked even XBL, that's why you should change your password on occasion, you never know. But since then Sony has improved security and it probably won't happen again, still you should change your password just to be safe. I don't us a CC online so I have no worries, just PSN cards. Also Sony offered free ID theft protection so you obviously don't know what your talking about.

Here's some questions I hope you can answer,

why did Xbox Live go down over Christmas one year for about 2-3 weeks because of COD? PSN has about the same number of people and they didn't go down over COD?

Why doesa FREE service like PSN have more dedicated servers for games where as XBL charges and hardly has any?

Why does XBL have ads when you still pay?

Why did MS raise the price?

Why do they charge you just to play over your own internet?

Besides cross game chat what else is there?

Nothing, you are paying just to play your game over your own internet and the online gameplay is EXACTLY the same, I played on both services, have you?

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 spiderluck

ShadowMoses900

PSN can't do cross game chat because of RAM, the 360 has all the RAM in one place where as the PS3 has it seperated into Graphics RAM and (I forget the name) RAM, they both have the same amount of RAM but 360 doesn't seperate it like the PS3 does. The PS Vita however has Cross Game chat, so if you wanted to be technical about it then PSN does have it.

As for the hack, well it's partly Sony's fault and mostly the hackers fault. Anything can get hacked even XBL, that's why you should change your password on occasion, you never know. But since then Sony has improved security and it probably won't happen again, still you should change your password just to be safe. I don't us a CC online so I have no worries, just PSN cards. Also Sony offered free ID theft protection so you obviously don't know what your talking about.

why did Xbox Live go down over Christmas one year for about 2-3 weeks because of COD? PSN has about the same number of people and they didn't go down over COD?

Why doesa FREE service like PSN have more dedicated servers for games where as XBL charges and hardly has any?

Nothing, you are paying just to play your game over your own internet and the online gameplay is EXACTLY the same, I played on both services, have you?

actually i have played both ...always found it easier to get a game going on live...more gamers...more people with headphones....and pls do not equate the number of people on psn at christmas time to the number on xbl....that is laughable.............and why pay for anything online ...it's yours as you say so subscription to any site should be free ...right?.....and based on that logic everything on the internet should be free ...after all it is YOUR internet......the differences are rather minimal in the final analysis but the community ...ease of use ...security ...to me the subscription is peanuts.....and i did'nt have to get a second job to buy my 360.....
Avatar image for dr-professional
dr-professional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dr-professional
Member since 2011 • 497 Posts

Playstations is dying

PSP 1000 - Failure (Those who bothered the purchase the system mostly jailbroke it and the games collected dust on the shelves of retailers)

The Nintendo 3DS dominating the handheld gaming industry, especially after the release of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.

Xbox Live may not be free but it definetely offers a better experience then PSN.

Many say PSN connections and mic quality never hold up as well against Xbox Live.

If you ask random people what was iconic about the Wii you wouldn't probably hear them say the remote people swing around, and if you asked people what Kinect was you would hear them say that thing that you move your body around too but how many people do you honestly think would even be familiar with Playstation Move?

I have a feeling Nintendo and Microsoft are leaving Playstation in the dust, the PS4 may come out but against the Wii U and Xbox 720 I think the Playstation franchise will eventually die out.

Elivathus
Mario 7 and 3dl are only responsible for it's sucess in dominating in JAPAN. Means nothing. Vita ain;t even had enough time to have the U.S. buy the system yet. But then again since your using those 2 games, and are including Japan sales only as that is unfair, then the first 3 on your list were not failures since the sold etter in japan. Either way it's a troll thread.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="spiderluck"] Actually ..what i asked you was ....why cant psn do cross game chat ...and why did it get hacked so badly.....i never use cross game chat myself...but i do value my credit card information..........spiderluck

actually i have played both ...always found it easier to get a game going on live...more gamers...more people with headphones....and pls do not equate the number of people on psn at christmas time to the number on xbl....that is laughable.............and why pay for anything online ...it's yours as you say so subscription to any site should be free ...right?.....and based on that logic everything on the internet should be free ...after all it is YOUR internet......the differences are rather minimal in the final analysis but the community ...ease of use ...security ...to me the subscription is peanuts.....and i did'nt have to get a second job to buy my 360.....

WTF are you going on about? Can you please learn 2 paragraph? And there are just as many people on PSN asn their is Live, they both have around the same amount of players online. If you couldn't find a match on PSN it's because your internet sucks, and your intenet analogy is silly. It literally made no sense, you pay for YOUR internet service and you can use the rest of it for FREE as you choose to, I'm using my internet right now to be on this site, I'm not paying again.

Which is what XBL does, you pay to play again over your own internet that YOU alredy paid for, it would be like paying for the internet then paying again just to go to websites, see that makes no sense but yet 360 fanboys try to defend it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Playstations is dying

Xbox Live may be free but it definetely offers a better experience then PSN.

If you random people what was iconic about the Wii you wouldn't probably hear them say the remote people swing around, and if you asked people what Kinect was you would hear them say that thing that you move your body around too but how many people do you honestly think would even be familiar with Playstation Move?

Adamantium4k2

Admittedly, most of what he said is true. Well, save for the part about the PSP being a failure and XBL being free. But piracy is rampant on the PSP and XBL does work better than PSN, and the 3DS is crushing the Vita, and no one cares about Move while Kinect has sold upward of 7+ million, and the Wii was the juggernaut of this gen. And Sony IS last in sales.

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 spiderluck

ShadowMoses900

WTF are you going on about? Can you please learn 2 paragraph? And there are just as many people on PSN asn their is Live, they both have around the same amount of players online. If you couldn't find a match on PSN it's because your internet sucks, and your intenet analogy is silly. It literally made no sense, you pay for YOUR internet service and you can use the rest of it for FREE as you choose to, I'm using my internet right now to be on this site, I'm not paying again.

Which is what XBL does, you pay to play again over your own internet that YOU alredy paid for, it would be like paying for the internet then paying again just to go to websites, see that makes no sense but yet 360 fanboys try to defend it.

grammar and semantics and proper paragraphing ....last refuge of the clueless
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Party chat is the reason nobody talks on XBL anymore.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DarkLink77

Party chat is the reason nobody talks on XBL anymore.tomarlyn
That, and random people are generally a$$wipes of the highest order.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Party chat is the reason nobody talks on XBL anymore.DarkLink77
That, and random people are generally $$wipes of the highest order.

Before party chat, getting verbally molested by a hyper 13 year old meant something... :P
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Party chat is the reason nobody talks on XBL anymore.tomarlyn
That, and random people are generally a$$wipes of the highest order.

Before party chat, getting verbally molested by a hyper 13 year old meant something... :P

Back in my day, kids had the sense not to trash talk the people who were kicking their ass.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Using LOL smilies won't change the fact PSN is horrible... I have a PS3 sitting right next to my 360, but it's used for epic single player exclusives and Blu Ray, not for crappy multiplats or online.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I find it a bit ironic that someone with a Sonic avatar is so eager to pronounce that Sony is dead lol

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
I stopped reading when he said the PSP was a failure. AmazonTreeBoa
I stopped reading when I read who the thread creator was
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts