Playstation Is Dying

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elivathus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Elivathus
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

Playstations is dying

PSP 1000 - Failure (Those who bothered the purchase the system mostly jailbroke it and the games collected dust on the shelves of retailers)

PSP 2000 - Failure (See above)

PSP 3000 - Failure (See above)

PSP GO - Failure (Sony is hoping you don't remember this)

PSP VITA - Failure (What a shame after all that hype)

The Nintendo 3DS dominating the handheld gaming industry, especially after the release of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.

Xbox Live may not be free but it definetely offers a better experience then PSN.

We all remember PSN suffering an outage that lasted weeks

PSN does not support a party chat feature that works great in Xbox Live

Many say PSN connections and mic quality never hold up as well against Xbox Live.

If you ask random people what was iconic about the Wii you wouldn't probably hear them say the remote people swing around, and if you asked people what Kinect was you would hear them say that thing that you move your body around too but how many people do you honestly think would even be familiar with Playstation Move?

I'm pretty sure too Playstation is coming dead last in sales.

I have a feeling Nintendo and Microsoft are leaving Playstation in the dust, the PS4 may come out but against the Wii U and Xbox 720 I think the Playstation franchise will eventually die out.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
ShadowDeathX will much rather support Sony than Microsoft. =)
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Another great troll incomming
Adamantium4k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Adamantium4k2
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

Playstations is dying

PSP 1000 - Failure (Those who bothered the purchase the system mostly jailbroke it and the games collected dust on the shelves of retailers)

The Nintendo 3DS dominating the handheld gaming industry, especially after the release of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.

Xbox Live may be free but it definetely offers a better experience then PSN.

Many say PSN connections and mic quality never hold up as well against Xbox Live.

If you random people what was iconic about the Wii you wouldn't probably hear them say the remote people swing around, and if you asked people what Kinect was you would hear them say that thing that you move your body around too but how many people do you honestly think would even be familiar with Playstation Move?

I have a feeling Nintendo and Microsoft are leaving Playstation in the dust, the PS4 may come out but against the Wii U and Xbox 720 I think the Playstation franchise will eventually die out.

Elivathus

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Another one of these threads? I wish trolls could be more original. And when did XBL become free? 0/10, better luck next time.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I stopped reading when he said the PSP was a failure.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Playstations is dying

Elivathus
Just to be clear with this, so I am not confusing anything... You are in a thread, posting that a hardware device that has sold more than both the 360 and the PS3 individually is a failure........ As of September, its 71 million units. Ill type that again for you with numbers. 71,000,000 units....... Ok then. :D
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Sooner or later the trolls will run out of names for their alt accounts.

There could only be a few available profile names left at this stage.

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Playstations is dying

BibiMaghoo
Just to be clear with this, so I am not confusing anything... You are in a thread, posting that a hardware device that has sold more than both the 360 and the PS3 individually is a failure........ As of September, its 71 million units. Ill type that again for you with numbers. 71,000,000 units....... Ok then. :D

Its not a failure per se, in the face of the DS as a competitor's handheld, it is failure, but in its own right its not a failure. 71 Million units is nothing to laugh about.
Jray0705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jray0705
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Sooner or later the people will run out of names for their alt accounts.

There could only be a few availableprofilenames left at this stage.

Doesn't look like an Alt, just troll not doing a good job at it. Probably her first time
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Sooner or later the people will run out of names for their alt accounts.

There could only be a few availableprofilenames left at this stage.

Jray0705

Doesn't look like an Alt, just troll not doing a good job at it. Probably her first time

It's a girl?

Silentj0ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentj0ker
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

Seen so many of these 'Sony is dieing' forums lately, but anyway yeah whilst you may be correct about Sony not doing too well this gen, you can be sure that they are still packing in alot of money, so It would be highly unlikely for them to stop, even if microsoft is ahead of them

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

Playstations is dying

If you ask random people what was iconic about the Wii you wouldn't probably hear them say the remote people swing around, and if you asked people what Kinect was you would hear them say that thing that you move your body around too but how many people do you honestly think would even be familiar with Playstation Move?

Elivathus
These threads are getting annoying and boring. Geez, where is the times when trolls were even funny? And on topic - I disagree with and dont care about your opinion. Each system has its flaws though.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Playstations is dying

DeX2010

Its not a failure per se, in the face of the DS as a competitor's handheld, it is failure, but in its own right its not a failure. 71 Million units is nothing to laugh about.

DS has sold an incredible amount of units granted, 149 million as of last year. I still have reservations with calling anything that has sold as many units as the PSP a failure, even when the competition has outsold it by almost 2 -1. I mean, surely Sony have laughed there asses of with how many they shifted, I would doubt they see it as a failure financially.
Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts
[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Playstations is dying

tommyas
These threads are getting annoying and boring. Geez, where is the times when trolls were even funny? And on topic - I disagree with and dont care about your opinion. Each system has its flaws though.

agreed, the desperation for sony to fail on this forum is very pathetic
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

Playstations is dying

Elivathus

Elivathus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elivathus

[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Playstations is dying

sandeep410

Haha I didn't notice that typo, thanks.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Oh good and here i thought it'd be another Sony hate thread. :roll:
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Sony do look in trouble, last place console and handheld isn't good. I don't want PS to ever die :cry:
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Your opinion is noted but psp didn't fail it sold more than ps3/360/gamecube/n64/ so on. As far as the motion controllers maybe sony audience isn't as intrested in it as ms/n's audience. Sony was down for a month though I was still able to play some games online and they gave us 2 free games. Live may not go down often but there console does which I think is worse.
Elivathus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elivathus

Your opinion is noted but psp didn't fail it sold more than ps3/360/gamecube/n64/ so on. As far as the motion controllers maybe sony audience isn't as intrested in it as ms/n's audience. Sony was down for a month though I was still able to play some games online and they gave us 2 free games. Live may not go down often but there console does which I think is worse.p4s2p0

The old Xbox got RROD but the new one doesn't, the PS3 also got YLOD

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Playstations is dying

Xbox Live may not be free but it definetely offers a better experience then PSN.

Elivathus

fail troll

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

Elivathus
Similar to you using the old "PSP is a failure" when clearly it isn't.
Elivathus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elivathus

[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

CajunShooter

Clearly the PSP Vita has failed just look at the sales.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
Hey, we all gotta die sometime, right?
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts
I'd say a free PSN is about 1 million times better than paying for the little Xbox Live does better.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

Hmmm...

:P

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Oh good and here i thought it'd be another Sony hate thread. :roll:JohnF111
but Cow are still the worst fanboys
majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

a gamers who talks about sales or failures are worst than fanboys....

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
So what was the point of this thread? Clearly nobody cares about your opinion about Sony / Playstation. I guess you can add yourself to the list of failures in your little post. :)
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Oh good and here i thought it'd be another Sony hate thread. :roll:Nengo_Flow

I think it's kind of even ground now.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="JohnF111"]Oh good and here i thought it'd be another Sony hate thread. :roll:JohnF111

its the stupid comments that the make thats funny to me. They troll all day long, and they still have the nerve to say "Cow are the worst fanboys"
majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="CajunShooter"][QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Elivathus

you failed talking about sales not about gaming experience like games or just hate it

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Elivathus

1 territory does not equate to the full world.

Jray0705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jray0705
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

Clearly the Vita isn't out world wide so you can't make that assumption. Quit trolling with dumb so called facts
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] but Cow are still the worst fanboysNengo_Flow

its the stupid comments that the make thats funny to me. They troll all day long, and they still have the nerve to say "Cow are the worst fanboys"

You are one of the reasons why people think cows are the worst.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

[QUOTE="Elivathus"]

razgriz_101

1 territory does not equate to the full world.

Especially since it has only been in that 1 territory for 1 month.

By Elivathus' logic just by looking at 360s sales in Japan over the last month which probably barely hit 5,000 units in a month I must assume the 360 is also a failure. Right Elivathus?

Elivathus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Elivathus

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="JohnF111"] I think it's kind of even ground now.CanYouDiglt

What do cows and lemmings mean

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="JohnF111"] I think it's kind of even ground now.CanYouDiglt

you and your vita is dead and sony is dying patter is just as bad.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] its the stupid comments that the make thats funny to me. They troll all day long, and they still have the nerve to say "Cow are the worst fanboys"Elivathus

Just 2 of the animals you'll see down on the farm and roaming the pastures of system wars. :twisted:

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] its the stupid comments that the make thats funny to me. They troll all day long, and they still have the nerve to say "Cow are the worst fanboys"Elivathus

They are a way for users to dismiss people without addressing some one elses points. They are 'names' that exist so that someone can lable you one and forever more believe you are a fanboy to a certain console. In other words, they are complete and utter S hite. Pay no mind of them.
darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
When will people learn that there are no "good" fanboys.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Psp sold more than the 360 or the ps3. :(
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BibiMaghoo
When will people learn that there are no "good" fanboys. darkman006
Not true. A fanboy that can praise his system yet recognnise its faults while not insulting other users or their systems is a good fanboy. Ill let you know if I find any.
aleuni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aleuni
Member since 2010 • 87 Posts

Ps Vita was just released and it costs more than the 3DS. still, how the hell can you already state it's a failure?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

PSN is technically superior to XBL.

It has dedicated servers for games.

XBL only has chat servers.

Goes to show, you don't get what you pay for.

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
Lol another one of these posts...
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#48 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Another one of these?

keybladegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 keybladegamer
Member since 2011 • 516 Posts

Ughhhh....Not another SONY IZ DOOMED thread.....

When will the mods sticky one of these and lock the rest? it would save everyone the trouble of make multiple copies of the same thread :roll:.

Elivathus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Elivathus

Yet Xbox Live has a better connection quality in games, the mic quality doesn't sound horrible on Xbox games like with PSN

And Xbox has never been hacked like PSN