Playstation exclusives have great gameplay!

• 120 results
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

There's this great misconception on SW that Playstation exclusives tend to have bad gameplay. It is a very toxic misconception as it prevents gamers on other platforms to get a PS and experience some of the greatest games ever made. A tragedy! It's easy to see how this misconception started. You see the amazing production values of games like Uncharted and God Of War and so you think to yourself "If the presentation is this great, they must be bad at something else. They must be bad at gameplay." Not so! It's possible to be great at both!

Uncharted: Fantastic lighthearted shooter with great mobility! You smoothly run around the arenas like a squirrel. It seamlessly blends stealth, shootouts and melee. Easy to control which means the systems work just as well on a moving train as when jumping between cars in a convoy.

Spiderman: Very competent brawler of the Arkham variety. Everything in the game feels just right. Web-swinging has the right momentum, brawling is snappy and simple fun!

GoW: Feels much heavier than Spiderman, but just as great. The feel of combat matches Kratos grumpy personality perfectly! Anyway, it's not just a great feeling combat system. It offers you lots of options and it's important to think a bit strategically on the higher difficulties.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The most innovative of the bunch because of its enemies. Using the right weapon against the right robots is key to dismantling them. Scouting and preparation is also important for the more difficult fights. Laying out the right elemental traps etc. So much to tinker and experiment with.

Bloodborne: Haven't played this one truth be told. But I hear it has the best gameplay of them all.

So yeah there you have it! Playstation exclusives stand out because they are so fun to play! Great gameplay feel, snappy controls, polish and a large mechanical toolbox to play around with, are some of the qualities I associate with PS-exclusives. Can't with for Tsushima and TLOU2!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Is this of what I said about the last of us?

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

All these games we've played before generations ago. Boring!!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sushiglutton
@freedomfreak said:

Is this of what I said about the last of us?

Haven't read (I think), which thread? Lazily calling PS-exclusives "movie games" is kind of common here lol.

@Jshoelace said:

All these games we've played before generations ago. Boring!!

I specifically chose games released this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts

They do. Uncharted 4 and LL are the best playing third person shooters and while GOW does not exceed DMC and Ninja Gaiden its up there in terms of gameplay. Horizon has the second best open world combat system (Dragons Dogma is nr 1).

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

@Sushiglutton: bet you did

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

People that constantly say Sony exclusives have no gameplay are just trolls, and not very good ones.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

The gameplay's so tight that the games play themselves.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Unfortunately, the ps4 suffers in the online multiplayer department. Three of the games you mention have no multiplayer component and the two that do are mediocre at best.

I’ll pass.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's a joke mate. Loved the gameplay in most Sony exclusives, I mean that's why I play them. Horizon felt mediocre though, especially after BotW and Witcher 3.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

I don’t own a PS4 so can’t comment on all of the games, but uncharted 1-3hsd terrible gameplay on PS3, and don’t see it being different in 4...

Pretty sure no one ever called horizon or Spider-Man for movie games..

Also nothing wrong with movie games as such, but if that is the only thing your platform can do, it becomes a bit ridiculous...

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Bloodborne is the same as other Dark Souls game.

Spiderman, I got bored by the end. I slogged through it, but it wasn't what it was hyped up to be.

Uncharted, maybe. It relies on set-pieces and stuff, and the AI is actually horrible on them.

HZD, I got bored. It felt like AC. Hadn't even finished it.

Can't say about GOW. I have yet to play it, but P5R is around the corner.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

@Sushiglutton: which are all copies of games from generations ago. Gameplay is the same. Boring...

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

There's this great misconception on SW that Playstation exclusives tend to have bad gameplay. It is a very toxic misconception as it prevents gamers on other platforms to get a PS and experience some of the greatest games ever made. A tragedy! It's easy to see how this misconception started. You see the amazing production values of games like Uncharted and God Of War and so you think to yourself "If the presentation is this great, they must be bad at something else. They must be bad at gameplay." Not so! It's possible to be great at both!

Uncharted: Fantastic lighthearted shooter with great mobility! You smoothly run around the arenas like a squirrel. It seamlessly blends stealth, shootouts and melee. Easy to control which means the systems work just as well on a moving train as when jumping between cars in a convoy. - Platforming in which you can barely fail, outdated TPS mechanics. Control of action is taken away far too often even in non-cutscences. All of those elements are puddle deep.

Spiderman: Very competent brawler of the Arkham variety. Everything in the game feels just right. Web-swinging has the right momentum, brawling is snappy and simple fun! - Very Fluid, but ultimately the game-world design and lack of variety messed this up.... talk about a ubisoft collectaphone-lite edition... make me do challenges to face the shittest boss ever. Level designers let spidey down.

GoW: Feels much heavier than Spiderman, but just as great. The feel of combat matches Kratos grumpy personality perfectly! Anyway, it's not just a great feeling combat system. It offers you lots of options and it's important to think a bit strategically on the higher difficulties. - Can't fault GoW .... excellent.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The most innovative of the bunch because of its enemies. Using the right weapon against the right robots is key to dismantling them. Scouting and preparation is also important for the more difficult fights. Laying out the right elemental traps etc. So much to tinker and experiment with. - lol what.... "pick the right tool out of like 5 tools, my brain is so challenged man!" another ubisoft style let down.

Bloodborne: Haven't played this one truth be told. But I hear it has the best gameplay of them all. - Because its a friggin Dark Souls game that are already loved by millions for its gameplay, IT WAS A BOUGHT EXCLUSIVE.

So yeah there you have it! Playstation exclusives stand out because they are so fun to play! Great gameplay feel, snappy controls, polish and a large mechanical toolbox to play around with, are some of the qualities I associate with PS-exclusives. Can't with for Tsushima and TLOU2!

You know what's great about this from a system wars perspective...

6 years and market dominance ... and this small list is all anyone ever comes up with.

By the end of its 2.5 years, Nintendo will have more AAAR/AAE diversity than 6 years of sony.

Sony's range of games is shockingly tunnel visioned....

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

After playing the uncharted games definitely felt like they improved on small areas that make a difference. Im looking forward to playing uncharted 4 which I still have waiting to see how the series evolved from last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Uncharted is garbage. Spider-Man is like Infamous with swinging but cool I guess. I haven’t played enough GoW, but it seems cool for a cinematic experience. Horizon and Bloodborne need to be played by everyone. Bloodborne might be too difficult for you easy mode begging millennials though.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

Uncharted is garbage. Spider-Man is like Infamous with swinging but cool I guess. I haven’t played enough GoW, but it seems cool for a cinematic experience. Horizon and Bloodborne need to be played by everyone. Bloodborne might be too difficult for you easy mode begging millennials though.

Excuse me, millennial grew up on NES/SNES .... how the hell old are you?

I had to play the Lion King ffs, makes souls look like a joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@kali-b1rd: I’m 35. (A millennial, I know). But look at the outcry as of late by millennials for games to include easy mode so the games can be completed by everyone. Most major publications have jumped on the bandwagon as well. Video game journalist fought to call games art a few years ago. Now game makers need to cater their vision to the consumers so nobody gets their feelings hurt.

Image today’s gamers having to play 8bit-16bit era games. Games that hold your hand like the Uncharted series have made gamers soft. So I blame Sony for the wussification of gaming.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Uncharted is the most generic game I played, could not get myself to finish it twice... Otherwise ps exclusives are fantastic

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I agree except for uncharted. I feel like most of the time I am just holding the controller and doing nothing.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

There games are best played on youtube while you actually play a game beside it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

Playstation exclusives have decent gameplay; nothing groundbreaking, nothing great...but good enough.

What they have that makes them "great" (if you can call it that) is exclusivity (obviously) and high quality control. It seems Sony doesn't let just any game squeak by, otherwise there'd be a lot more, but you always know that when you're getting a PS exclusive it's going to be solidly built and tested.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts
@Gatygun said:

There games are best played on youtube while you actually play a game beside it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

God of War sucked and I don't feel like going into detail again right now. There were better ways to reboot this series.

I don't think Horizon had good gameplay or mission design, but it wasn't bad.

I kind of like Uncharted, but the platforming is too linear and automatic and the combat is too simple, with the camera also too zoomed in while aiming in the later games. I preferred where the camera was in the first game.

I'd like to see third person shooters go back to being more stylized and less realistic, like the Max Payne series and the movies it was inspired by.

Also not a fan of the health regen. Max Payne had much more momentum thanks to the healing items.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Uncharted has great gameplay? Really?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sushiglutton

@kali-b1rd said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Uncharted: Fantastic lighthearted shooter with great mobility! You smoothly run around the arenas like a squirrel. It seamlessly blends stealth, shootouts and melee. Easy to control which means the systems work just as well on a moving train as when jumping between cars in a convoy. - Platforming in which you can barely fail, outdated TPS mechanics. Control of action is taken away far too often even in non-cutscences. All of those elements are puddle deep.

Spiderman: Very competent brawler of the Arkham variety. Everything in the game feels just right. Web-swinging has the right momentum, brawling is snappy and simple fun! - Very Fluid, but ultimately the game-world design and lack of variety messed this up.... talk about a ubisoft collectaphone-lite edition... make me do challenges to face the shittest boss ever. Level designers let spidey down.

GoW: Feels much heavier than Spiderman, but just as great. The feel of combat matches Kratos grumpy personality perfectly! Anyway, it's not just a great feeling combat system. It offers you lots of options and it's important to think a bit strategically on the higher difficulties. - Can't fault GoW .... excellent.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The most innovative of the bunch because of its enemies. Using the right weapon against the right robots is key to dismantling them. Scouting and preparation is also important for the more difficult fights. Laying out the right elemental traps etc. So much to tinker and experiment with. - lol what.... "pick the right tool out of like 5 tools, my brain is so challenged man!" another ubisoft style let down.

Bloodborne: Haven't played this one truth be told. But I hear it has the best gameplay of them all. - Because its a friggin Dark Souls game that are already loved by millions for its gameplay, IT WAS A BOUGHT EXCLUSIVE.

You know what's great about this from a system wars perspective...

6 years and market dominance ... and this small list is all anyone ever comes up with.

By the end of its 2.5 years, Nintendo will have more AAAR/AAE diversity than 6 years of sony.

Sony's range of games is shockingly tunnel visioned....

Your points about Uncharted I adress for the most part below. I agree that the platforming is not that great in isolation, but it's fun as part of the shootouts. And in 4 it was too plentiful. What is it that makes you think the TPS mechanics are "outdated"?

Spiderman: When I say "gameplay" I mainly mean "core mechanics". Your criticism of Spiderman is fair. I just think that the combat system was a lot of fun and carried the game to the end for me. I liked the design that to finish enemies off quickly you needed to web them, which gave you a little bit to think about. The in air stuff was also neatly done. I think mechanically the game was very sound, even though as you say level designers let it down slightly (my guess is also that it had a much smaller budget than say a Red Dead).

HZD: And don't recall how many bows you had, but more than five? Then each bow had several different arrows. You also had separate traps etc. The enemies were made up of several parts with different weaknesses. I say there was a lot to play around with.

@Gamerno6666 said:

I agree except for uncharted. I feel like most of the time I am just holding the controller and doing nothing.

I think Uncharted 4 had a bad distribution of content. The core gameplay where you run, swing and slide around taking out enemies as you go is fantastic imo. But it's not a big enough fraction of the game which had too many automatic sections. So I partly agree with you, but I think it has more to do with focus rather that quality.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

For me, I never had an issue with Uncharted 4 gameplay at all. I played all Uncharted games, I knew what to expect and I personally like UC4 gameplay but mainly for it's stealth was a huge improvement so yeah, Naughty Dogs nailed the gameplay and if you have played any Uncharted games, you should already know what to expect. With that said, I play lots of PS4 exclusive games and some gameplay are a hit or a miss.

• Horizon: Zero Dawn-great gameplay, feels more fluid using Bow/Arrow much like to the recent Tomb Raider games but hitting the right Dinobots weak points was alot of fun and this game happens to be my all time favorite as well.
  • The Order: 1886-very limited gameplay and it felt like I was playing Gears of War on a Sony's console. Totally a miss!
  • Infamous: Second Son-the gameplay was standard for a 3rd-person perspective and using 4 different powers was simple enough. (Smoke, Neon, Video, Concrete)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man PS4-Totally an evolution to Spider-Man 2 (PS2/Xbox) gameplay, it was everything that Sony did right and it was way more fluid then Spider-Man 2.
  • God of War 4-The combat was a huge makeover and it was heavy on it. Fighting enemies was brutal at first but got the hang of it but it takes time to mastered.
  • Bloodborn-I love it's fast pacing and gives Dark Souls a run for it's money. In short, good gameplay.

Sony sure has come along way for it's gameplay so full credit were it's due. I could go on but I'm sure you'll get my point.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Uncharted 4 gameplay was less than desirable and mediocre at best. They tried so hard to push the narrative over gameplay that it was simply not fun to play far less revisit with a second play through. I didn't think they can do worse than UC3, but I was wrong.

Horizon was enjoyable to play and look at.

Bloodborne was more of Darksouls.

God of War is a solid game despite the pacing of the open world nature and the camera being insufficient for very specific situation. No regrets with this game.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

But they're all so similar.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

PS4 9/10

NS 8/10

XB1 4/10

That's how i rate each console this gen with their exclusives

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gatygun said:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I disagree. With the exception of Bloodborne, I'd never play those games. I already stay away from similar games on other platfoms.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Yeah I mean there all graphically impressive and highly polished AAA games. And it's so weird they all require a controller and TV in order to experience.

SO SIMILAR!!

It's not like you actually played any of them to know if they are actually "similar" other than your jealousy seeing them praised as highly polished, graphically impressive, AAA Sony exclusives that you can't play on your PC or xbox.

If you have a problem with those similar aspects of PS exclusives you can just stick with PC's and Xbox's SIMILAR low budget, unfinished early access, glitchy, GASS, 16bit looking top-down board game.

Funny you have a problem with Sony having similar games when all PC and xbox games look "similar" as well. The difference is Sony's "similar" games are praised as some of the best game released throughout the generation getting most GOTY awards and your PC and Xbox games DON'T!

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Gameplay they actually stack up well against the normal competitions out there. Which is actually most games that folks play in sw. Horizon, GOW not bad in some combat aspects. TLOUS has kinda aged now but those combat encounters not too shabby. I would like to hear ND say hey we have got the systemic gameplay to a good place other then we have finished shooting. It may be a running joke in SW but seriously take it from some one who has defended these games. There seems to be an honest concern with sony. It seems these days to be creative game designer there you have to have movie director like chops. You have to be good at writing and directing performance capture. No doubt they have raised the bar on that but its annoying that is all they seem to celebrate. I don't mind the games they do actually have some good gameplay. It would be a similar complain like say too much shooters etc etc. Sony needs new studios that have different philosophy or give time to some of the vr folks like asobi team. They should be making none vr platformers and keep Marc Cerny away lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

It's just a running joke, the gameplay is of course great otherwise the games wouldn't be praised as much. God of War and Bloodborne especially had fantastic gameplay.

Uncharted and the last of us less so but I still love them for other reasons.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@Litchie said:

I disagree. With the exception of Bloodborne, I'd never play those games. I already stay away from similar games on other platfoms.

Basically the only thing on my PS4 worth playing aside from fyting games.

Tried them all, gave them a good 40 minute chance, 30 of those were cutscenes.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

A lot of the best PS4 exclusives aren't exclusive anymore. There's still some quality games like Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Bloodbourne and Fist of the North Star though.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

It's an intellectually lazy blanket criticism of Sony's games. TLoU for example has incredible gameplay and doesn't rely solely contingent upon its narrative for merit. This video proves as much, though Sony haters would never admit it even when proof is right in front of their faces. It's funny....they see excellent presentation and they automatically jump to the conclusion they can't have both of best worlds, yet in Sony land you can have your cake and eat it too.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

SURE, LMAO!

Loading Video...

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Basic, barebones but streamlined and tight.

Uncharted 4 combat, combat grounds and animations feel almost wasted on the few enemies and encounters. Really hope ND moves on to another project while keeping a some of U4's verticality, contextual melee, shooting and animations.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

It's an intellectually lazy blanket criticism of Sony's games. TLoU for example has incredible gameplay and doesn't rely solely contingent upon its narrative for merit. This video proves as much, though Sony haters would never admit it even when proof is right in front of their faces. It's funny....they see excellent presentation and they automatically jump to the conclusion they can't have both of best worlds, yet in Sony land you can have your cake and eat it too.

I think this also looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Y0DQgbLkE

I feel like they can make another game and rebalance it towards that kind of aggressive combat but still heavier than Uncharted 4.. more resources to play around with.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

There's this great misconception on SW that Playstation exclusives tend to have bad gameplay.

probably more just system wars bantz

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@Sushiglutton said:

There's this great misconception on SW that Playstation exclusives tend to have bad gameplay.

probably more just system wars bantz

That's basically the exact reason. Yeah, dumb posters do exist, but this is SW.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Yeah I mean there all graphically impressive and highly polished AAA games. And it's so weird they all require a controller and TV in order to experience.

SO SIMILAR!!

It's not like you actually played any of them to know if they are actually "similar" other than your jealousy seeing them praised as highly polished, graphically impressive, AAA Sony exclusives that you can't play on your PC or xbox.

If you have a problem with those similar aspects of PS exclusives you can just stick with PC's and Xbox's SIMILAR low budget, unfinished early access, glitchy, GASS, 16bit looking top-down board game.

Funny you have a problem with Sony having similar games when all PC and xbox games look "similar" as well. The difference is Sony's "similar" games are praised as some of the best game released throughout the generation getting most GOTY awards and your PC and Xbox games DON'T!

Look at the guy with the crystal ball.

Hey, gimme some lotto numbers.

And since you're back around posting, how about picking our old thread back up and answering those two simple questions you keep avoiding?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#45  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I wouldnt exactly call it "great" but they're definitely good. Calling them "movie games" with "bad" to "no gameplay" is just lazy bashing from the ignorant and/or "pseudo-intelectual hipster wanna be's" who just want to go against the wave cause thats the hip thing to do.

Are their gameplay among the best? Probably not, idk. Are they decent and enjoyable enough? Definitely. For the uptenth time, not being "da best" isnt the same as being "bad"

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

Anyone who suggests that the Uncharted games have good gameplay are just being dishonest.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

@Vatusus: Bloodborne has good Id argue great gameplay. Uncharted has poor gameplay and is tedius to play. I've only played the original God of war so I dont know how good the reboot is, but the original felt like a poor man's Ninja Gaiden and I quit playing early on.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

No they don't.

Bloodborne has really good game play and Dad of Boi, but far from fantastic. Uncharted is any other middling as **** turd person cover shooting mechanics, some solid combat spaces don't make up for shit pacing and baby mechanics that break if you crank the difficulty up. Spiderman is some simon says shit, get the **** out. Horizon is under cooked on most front sans like 3 machines, outside of that it has the same basic bitch ass stealth all the triple A games have now: basic line of sight, one button take down, hide in a bush so you invisible now, crouch walking. The shooting is fairly straight forward and clunky between the bow.

And your trap stuff, slings n all that have so much redundant shit. By the time you got the rope caster/trap caster to do absurd damage, **** any other tool you have. It melts the rock breakers in seconds.

All of those (sans Bloodborne, and even then Nioh's combat smokes from software combat) are a far cry from being up to snuff with Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Resident Evil 4, Hitman 2, or Doom 4. They have fantastic gameplay, if you don't play games with depth or value challenge n mastery. If you do however, then Sony's best shit peaks at "bare minimum good".

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Sony’s games have awesome gameplay.

People who deny this are just trolling.

The Xbox fanboy believes every game should play like CoD/Halo. When it doesn’t, they claim it “sucks”.

These types of fanboys have child like mindsets and can’t enjoy games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

All of those (sans Bloodborne, and even then Nioh's combat smokes from software combat) are a far cry from being up to snuff with Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Resident Evil 4, Hitman 2, or Doom 4. They have fantastic gameplay, if you don't play games with depth or value challenge n mastery. If you do however, then Sony's best shit peaks at "bare minimum good".

You are talking about Uncharted 4s pacing issues but bring up Hitman 2? You are mostly just simply walking around in the game. The game barely even has active gameplay.

Bayonetta 2 is a second rate DMC with terrible movesets, shitty bosses and terrible driving sections. Metal Gear Rising is better and yet still not even top class. GOW smokes smokes them both. GOW is also better than Bloodborne gameplay wise.

Vanquish is another overrated platinum game. Had to drop it halfway into it because it was so bad. The game is centered about the boost but the levels are not design around them, the shooting feedback is lackluster and worst of all they put in slow mo even when the game was supposed to be centered around speed because even they knew it did not work as intended.

You talk about depth but the gameplay of RE4/5, which I both love btw, are not particulary deep. The greatness from RE4/5 steams from the simplistic and restrictive nature of the gameplay coupled with the variety of enemies and situations the game throws at you and not some kind of overcomplex systems. RE6 has a way more complex movement/combat system but that did not make the game better in any way.

I stand by what I said that most Playstation games have great gameplay even compared to the best in class with Uncharted as the best in the third person shooter genre. Gears, Vanquish, Binary Domain... you name them and all of them are worse.