PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#51 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

xbone GTFO no chance

u gtfo xbox for the win ok bossman deal with it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I don't see the bone surpassing 60mil (which is a lot anyways). The Quad on the other hand will surpass 100mil np

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Maybe PS4 but I don't think Xbox One will do that well.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

No way. they would need to have the Wii appeal to the casuals. The PS1/2 could do it as they had no competition. Npw that PS1/2 market is split between PS and Xbox.

They're practically twins, they have the same games, same third party, but differing third party titles.

Reading some of the cows comments here, I think they need to come back to reality. They've been eating Sony's hype for too long. If the PS4 does sell more, I don't see the difference being bigger than 10M at most.

I'd wait and see what MS does in the next couple of years before writing them off for the gen. If anyone's going to able to come back competitively, it's MS.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

Not trying to be a hater, but I'd be shocked if the Xbox one sold 60mil this gen.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Analysts change their projections because X1 and PS4 are selling way more than they expected? These are great analysts.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

That's a little too far out.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

lol welcome to the last gen of consoles.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Doubt it, probably wills tart scanning boxes with sensors or using SD cards or something since an all digital age in the world is still maybe around 2025+ for every other country.

Actually scanning game boxes would be cool.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Doubt it, probably wills tart scanning boxes with sensors or using SD cards or something since an all digital age in the world is still maybe around 2025+ for every other country.

In 7 or 8 years you won't need hardware, it'll be streamed or downloaded straight to your TV

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

In 7 or 8 years you won't need hardware, it'll be streamed or downloaded straight to your TV

They said that was going to happen last gen about this gen and have been saying that about movies since forever, yet it's still a huge section at Walmart and amazon movie sales are still trough the roof. As long as their are people willing to buy physical copies they won't be going away period.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Shielder7

@betamaxx83 said:

Haha 100 million for the Xflop? Get outta here! Microsoft doesn't have the RROD to help them out with sales this gen.

Yet.............

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@darkangel115:

The ps4 has a gpu comparable to a 7870 HD I never said anything about the 7850 HD which is clearly weaker than the ps4 gpu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications#Graphics_processing_unit

"The graphics processing unit (GPU) is AMD's GPGPU-capable RadeonGCN architecture, consisting of 18 compute units (CUs) for a total of 1,152 cores (64 cores per CU), that produces a theoretical peak performance of 1.84 TFLOPS.[9] This processing power can be used for graphics, physics simulation, or a combination of the two, or any other tasks suited for general purpose compute. It is a customized version of AMD's 7870 GPU, with 2 CUs disabled."

from my previous link

"PS4 is outfitted with the (mid-range) Pitcairn that can be found in the HD 7870. In numerical terms, the Xbox One GPU has 12 compute units (768 shader processors), while the PS4 has 18 CUs (1152 shaders). The Xbox One is slightly ahead on GPU clock speed"

Benchmark wise your labtop is not as good as the 7850 read my sources

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I think they definitely got half of that prediction right.

"Haha 100 million for the Xflop? Get outta here! Microsoft doesn't have the RROD to help them out with sales this gen."

I would love to know how many extra consoles this helped them sell before they finally had to admit to the problem and extend the warranty.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

I think they definitely got half of that prediction right.

"Haha 100 million for the Xflop? Get outta here! Microsoft doesn't have the RROD to help them out with sales this gen."

I would love to know how many extra consoles this helped them sell before they finally had to admit to the problem and extend the warranty.

What does the PS4 have that will skyrocket to 100 million in about 5 or 6 years?Nothing really because it's just a machine that appeals to the core/hardcore gamer market which is an already crowded market.Multiple other products like the xbox one, gaming PC's and etc already appeal to this group.Sony has to branch out and pull a wii to an extent to sell over 100 million.80 million is definetly possible for the PS4, but 100 is kinda out of reach right now for that console.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bforrester420

@super600: 5 or 6 years might be a stretch, but I definitely see it doing so over its life. I don't see it splitting market share with the Microsoft product like last generation, so I would expect it to snatch at least 10 million sales that it lost to Microsoft last generation.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 super600  Moderator

@betamaxx83 said:

Haha 100 million for the Xflop? Get outta here! Microsoft doesn't have the RROD to help them out with sales this gen.

What does the PS4 have that will skyrocket to 100 million in about 5 or 6 years?Nothing really because it's just a machine that appeals to the core/hardcore gamer market which is an already crowded market.Multiple other products like the xbox one, gaming PC's and etc already appeal to this group.Sony has to branch out and pull a wii to an extent to sell over 100 million.80 million is definetly possible for the PS4, but 100 million is kinda out of reach right now for that console.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By super600  Moderator

@bforrester420 said:

@super600: 5 or 6 years might be a stretch, but I definitely see it doing so over its life. I don't see it splitting market share with the Microsoft product like last generation, so I would expect it to snatch at least 10 million sales that it lost to Microsoft last generation.

I replied to the wrong user. Sorry.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bforrester420

@super600: No problem

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#70 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19546 Posts

PS4, possibly.

X1, I highly doubt.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#71 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

PS4 will probably get passed 200 million. Xbone will never reach 100. In a few years why would anyone buy the xbone? The low amount of exclusives they got will dry up fast and the price will never be lower than the stronger PS4.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Shielder7

@Sweenix said:

Xbox one won't even reach 50 million.

I wouldn't go that far they are selling a lot just not as much as the PS 4.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By super600  Moderator

@KillzoneSnake said:

PS4 will probably get passed 200 million. Xbone will never reach 100. In a few years why would anyone buy the xbone? The low amount of exclusives they got will dry up fast and the price will never be lower than the stronger PS4.

The PS4 is a gamer/hardcore gamers wish for a console which will prevent it for ever getting that high.This may have worked in the past, but it won't work as well this gen. The max the PS4 can get is 80-90 million this gen and maybe higher if it's lucky.The xbox one won't beat the PS4 anyway.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#74  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@super600 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

The PS4 is a gamer/hardcore gamers wish for a console which will prevent it for ever getting that high.This may have worked in the past, but it won't work as well this gen. The max the PS4 can get is 80-90 million this gen and maybe higher if it's lucky.The xbox one won't beat the PS4 anyway.

That doesn't make any sense since console sales will be higher this gen than last and PS4 will clearly dominate.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By super600  Moderator

@KillzoneSnake said:

@super600 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

That doesn't make any sense since console sales will be higher this gen than last and PS4 will clearly dominate.

The casual market imploded late last gen because of mobile phones, tablets and etc. Those people are not coming back so the market will shrink. This implosion willl hurt nintendo the most and it will definetly affect ms and sony(especially ms because of kinect) since some casuals moved from the wii to the 360/PS3 to mobile phones/tablets.Sony will do well, but not 100 million well just yet as I talked about earlier.In order to get healthy growth and in order for consoles to ever sell 100 million again the big three will have to market to more people(their consoles have to try to appeal to more people than just gamers).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#76 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i think the market will grow, but i don't think it's going to grow that much

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

No way. they would need to have the Wii appeal to the casuals. The PS1/2 could do it as they had no competition. Npw that PS1/2 market is split between PS and Xbox.

They're practically twins, they have the same games, same third party, but differing third party titles.

Reading some of the cows comments here, I think they need to come back to reality. They've been eating Sony's hype for too long. If the PS4 does sell more, I don't see the difference being bigger than 10M at most.

I'd wait and see what MS does in the next couple of years before writing them off for the gen. If anyone's going to able to come back competitively, it's MS.

The PS1 compete with the Saturn and N64,the PS2 with the DC,xbox and GC both units had competition,in fact sony was a rookie with the PS1,never the less sold 100 million,and bring gaming to the mainstream.

The PS2 just destroyed everything,and even with the wii there the 360 and PS3 have sold 80.

The PS4 is selling faster than the wii was so i don't know where you get the argument that it would need wii appeal,the PS1 sold more than the wii and the PS2 like 55 million mores units than the wii to,the only console that didn't reach 100 was the PS3,so yeah at the pace the PS4 is selling in a few years it will be at 100 millions.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeah because the first xbox came back competitively right.?

The xbox 360 could not even hold its 1 year head start,imaging how sad it will be now that they are losing.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Hermits are getting so easily offended, it's enough to say PC sucks and hordes of them jumping in to bullshit you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

@super600 said:

@betamaxx83 said:

What does the PS4 have that will skyrocket to 100 million in about 5 or 6 years?Nothing really because it's just a machine that appeals to the core/hardcore gamer market which is an already crowded market.Multiple other products like the xbox one, gaming PC's and etc already appeal to this group.Sony has to branch out and pull a wii to an extent to sell over 100 million.80 million is definetly possible for the PS4, but 100 million is kinda out of reach right now for that console.

The console market and PC market are totally different and one will not eat from another,they have co existed for generations,there are hardcore PC gamers and casual PC gamers,just like there are hardcore console gamers and casual console gamers,but there are platforms that appeal to both factions,the PS1 and PS2 are a testament of that,so was the wii many hardcore gamers owned one to.

The PS4 is selling at an incredible rate is basically outpacing even the wii already,so yeah it is easy to see that casuals as well as hardcores are in on the PS4,80 million even the PS3 did it and started selling horribly at $600 dollars,come on man the PS4 will be at 100 million who knows if faster than the PS2 or at least close to it,the unit has sell like 5 million units in 2 months basically with a severe shortage,it should be like 15 million or 17 by the end of this year and who knows if more.

@super600 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Come man are you going to keep pretending that only hardcores will buy a PS4.? Come on man casuals games to and the wii u suck for them,and they are not buying it as sales show,and the PS4 is there at $100 less than the xbox one with basically the same games with cheaper services,the PS4 appeal to every one which is why it is selling like crazy and broke all sales records.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Ps4 will, XB1 maybe, but i won't hold my breath,lol

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

A 120mil/75mil/25mil split would be my guesstimation.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The PS1 compete with the Saturn and N64,the PS2 with the DC,xbox and GC both units had competition,in fact sony was a rookie with the PS1,never the less sold 100 million,and bring gaming to the mainstream.

The PS2 just destroyed everything,and even with the wii there the 360 and PS3 have sold 80.

The PS4 is selling faster than the wii was so i don't know where you get the argument that it would need wii appeal,the PS1 sold more than the wii and the PS2 like 55 million mores units than the wii to,the only console that didn't reach 100 was the PS3,so yeah at the pace the PS4 is selling in a few years it will be at 100 millions.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeah because the first xbox came back competitively right.?

The xbox 360 could not even hold its 1 year head start,imaging how sad it will be now that they are losing.

i agree with everything you said apart from the4 PS1 bringing gaming into the mainstream, that already happened with the Genesis and the SNES and you should know that, you, like me, where there at the time.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

You misunderstand. Random corner shops are competition for a supermarket, but if they can't, are unwilling or they're not ready to compete on that scale, then let's be honest, they aren't true competition. Sony had a clear idea of where they were going and how they were going to get there as well as how to exploit the weaknesses of their competition.

The Wii is a very different machine that sold to a part of the market the others could not reach. YOU CAN NOT lump all gamers together. That is not how it works.

The 360 and PS3 hit a market the Wii couldn't touch, but they were the same, both from powerful corporations with huge ambition and experience.Just because the PS4 is fast selling off the bat, you think it will, maintain that? Again the PS1 and 2 had much more of the hardcore market all to them selves. All the exclusives, and most of the developers.

The first Xbox came back from what exactly? It was their first console and had no brand. Come on, me and you have done that dance too many times, we wont agree on it. Let's not get into this one again.

They did hold their head start and kept it pretty much even give or take right up until the new gen began.

When I said if anyone would be able, it's MS, I meant they have the resources to do it and go head to head. I think they're going through the ivory tower period Sony went through at the beginning of last gen, MS has the capacity to learn and get competitive. I can't think of any other company apart from maybe apple that could go head to head with Sony.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Shielder7

@V3rciS said:

Hermits are getting so easily offended, it's enough to say PC sucks and hordes of them jumping in to bullshit you.

LMAO you don't even have to say that. All you have to do is mention you prefer Consoles over PCs and they jump all over you like a pack of wild dogs. It's actually quite entertaining.

a totally subjective reason why i'm avoiding the PC this gen

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/a-totally-subjective-reason-why-i-m-avoiding-the-p-31075387/?messageId=342129441&page=1

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol, bullshyt.

if the ps3 and 360 could not do it over 8 or 9 years why would anyone think the ps4 and x1 will do it over 6.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shielder7

@super600 said:

The casual market imploded late last gen because of mobile phones, tablets and etc. Those people are not coming back so the market will shrink.

Yet the PS4 and Xbox one are still selling more than the Wii did.......................

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Shielder7
@Riverwolf007 said:

lol, bullshyt.

if the ps3 and 360 could not do it over 8 or 9 years why would anyone think the ps4 and x1 will do it over 6.

Because they're selling so much even more than the Wii.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 super600  Moderator

@Shielder7 said:

@super600 said:

The casual market imploded late last gen because of mobile phones, tablets and etc. Those people are not coming back so the market will shrink.

Yet the PS4 and Xbox one are still selling more than the Wii did.......................

The reason to why that is happening is because of how long last gen was. Both consoles will most likely reach the saturation point a bit earlier this gen since they won't be on sale for 7+ years and because of the early start.No one sold as well as the Wii's first January NDP this january anyway.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#89  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Console gaming (now pretty much closed-platform PC gaming) make strides in the market to the point of being significantly more popular than the past two previous generations of consoles (PS2 aside)?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By super600  Moderator

@tormentos said:

@super600 said:

@betamaxx83 said:

The console market and PC market are totally different and one will not eat from another,they have co existed for generations,there are hardcore PC gamers and casual PC gamers,just like there are hardcore console gamers and casual console gamers,but there are platforms that appeal to both factions,the PS1 and PS2 are a testament of that,so was the wii many hardcore gamers owned one to.

The PS4 is selling at an incredible rate is basically outpacing even the wii already,so yeah it is easy to see that casuals as well as hardcores are in on the PS4,80 million even the PS3 did it and started selling horribly at $600 dollars,come on man the PS4 will be at 100 million who knows if faster than the PS2 or at least close to it,the unit has sell like 5 million units in 2 months basically with a severe shortage,it should be like 15 million or 17 by the end of this year and who knows if more.

@super600 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Come man are you going to keep pretending that only hardcores will buy a PS4.? Come on man casuals games to and the wii u suck for them,and they are not buying it as sales show,and the PS4 is there at $100 less than the xbox one with basically the same games with cheaper services,the PS4 appeal to every one which is why it is selling like crazy and broke all sales records.

The PS4 is selling at an incredible rate because people got tired of last gen so lots of people are buying PS4's and to an extent the xbox one. The casuals aren't buying the WiiU because they are already happy with there tablets and phones.The WiiU does not appeal to them.In order for the industry to grow you have to appeal to more people than just the hardcore or gamers.None of the current gen consoles are doing this and as a result all the big three will struggle to break 100 million this gen.None of the big three will benefit from the casuals leaving this gen and I would not be surprised if all the big three sold less consoles than last gen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

i agree with everything you said apart from the4 PS1 bringing gaming into the mainstream, that already happened with the Genesis and the SNES and you should know that, you, like me, where there at the time.

Na...

The Nes sold more than the Genesis and Snes,the PS1 sold double the Nes,because it introduce gaming to a older audience,one that previously saw the Snes and Genesis as toys for kids rather than entertainment devices.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

@super600 said:

The PS4 is selling at an incredible rate because people got tired of last gen so lots of people are buying PS4's and to an extent the xbox one. The casuals aren't buying the WiiU because they are already happy with there tablets and phones.The WiiU does not appeal to them.In order for the industry to grow you have to appeal to more people than just the hardcore or gamers.None of the current gen consoles are doing this and as a result all the big three will struggle to break 100 million this gen.None of the big three will benefit from the casuals leaving this gen and I would not be surprised if all the big three sold less consoles than last gen.

Dude tablets and phones are a difference market to console and they always will be,i was tire of last gen to yet i haven't buy a PS4 yet,that is not the case.

The PS brand still is hugely strong,the problem with the PS3 was a price the price and bad image it got from its price and still in 7 years it sold 80 millions,there is no way in hell the PS4 sell 80 million like the PS3 with the huge and incredible start it has,the console has sold like 5 million units in 3 months and still sony hasn't release in Japan and still selling every single unit they can produce almost instantly.