Playground Games leaks they are dong a new Forza Project.

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

jbikkAxXgfMy6w.png

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/02/playground-likely-working-on-forza-horizon-2-at-the-moment-report/

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/24317/report-forza-horizon-2-in-development-by-playground

Originally Posted by Kotaku

A job posting appears to suggest a sequel to last year's well-received open-world racer Forza Horizon is on the way. An agency job posting for unnamed Midlands-based racing developer matching much of the text of an opening on Playground's site word for word mentions that the studio is "working on the next edition of their successful racing title."

Additionally, on their CVs, Playground's creative director and studio director says they are "working on an exciting unannounced title for Xbox One," perhaps further suggesting the studio is handling Forza Horizon 2. All the contract positions on Playground's site specify a length of about nine months for contract work. Given that and the two year cycles for mainline Forza Motorsport titles, it does not seem unreasonable to venture the spinoff sequel could land sometime in 2014, sandwiched between this year's Forza Motorsport 5 and a likely Forza Motorsport 6 in 2015.

Since it looks like the Project Gotham games have been thrown under the bus I hope the Horizon series adds some PGR elements into the game like Motorcycles, weather, and playmodes.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchbo
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
PGR was the shit.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Seriously sad for lems, another gen of the same shlt games rehashed over and over again. 

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
They are dong a new Forza? Iiiinteresting.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RR360DD

Seriously sad for lems, another gen of the same shlt games rehashed over and over again. 

Eddie-Vedder
Enjoy driveclub :lol:
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clyde46

Eddie-Vedder
GT6, UC3, KZ4. See, I can play that game too you know.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clyde46
Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchboRR360DD
Horizon worth buying or renting?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Never played Forza Horizon. I should try it.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

clyde46

The difference is on the Xbox it's only 2 or 3 franchises getting rehashed. On the Playstation it's 7 or 8 and you still get a good dose of new IP's and risky artsy Heavy Rain, Flower, Journey type new IP's... Big difference.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchboclyde46

Most people prefer Horizon over Forza 4 these days. The guys at GAF and XBOXaddict pop wood just mentioning Horizon. Plus one of the devs was on Reddit doing a AMA session and admitted that Rally was gonna be a major part of the new one and they are working with the National Weather Service on creating a real time weather model for their next game. It had a lot of people including me thinking it was a new Rallisport......guess not. They are showing a trailer at Gamescom though. If you buy Horizon you have to get the Rally DLC. It is hard as hell but it is brilliant.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchboclyde46

Yeah its brilliant, but a lot of it boils down the the festival atmosphere. Give the soundtrack a listen first, if you hate the music then you might not like it as much.

I dunno how cheap it is now, I remember looking a while ago and lots of places were sold out

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

The difference is on the Xbox it's only 2 or 3 franchises getting rehashed. On the Playstation it's 7 or 8 and you still get a good dose of new IP's and risky artsy Heavy Rain, Flower, Journey type new IP's... Big difference.

Another difference is you are a useless troll and a Sony fanboy that no one likes. And your butthurt shows by hopping in a thread that had nothing to do with the PS4. Add the fact you think Forza Horizon is anything like the other Forza's shows you haven't even played it. They are nothing alike.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RR360DD

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchbotimbers_WSU

Most people prefer Horizon over Forza 4 these days. The guys at GAF and XBOXaddict pop wood just mentioning Horizon. Plus one of the devs was on Reddit doing a AMA session and admitted that Rally was gonna be a major part of the new one and they are working with the National Weather Service on creating a real time weather model for their next game. It had a lot of people including me thinking it was a new Rallisport......guess not. They are showing a trailer at Gamescom though. If you buy Horizon you have to get the Rally DLC. It is hard as hell but it is brilliant.

Cloud powered real time weather

Count me in

:cool:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchbotimbers_WSU

I need a rally game. The Dirt series is about as far away from rallying as possible now.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchboRR360DD

Yeah its brilliant, but a lot of it boils down the the festival atmosphere. Give the soundtrack a listen first, if you hate the music then you might not like it as much.

I dunno how cheap it is now, I remember looking a while ago and lots of places were sold out

It is $30 new at Gamestop I think. After it was on sale during the 360 summer sale it got big sales bump and Microsoft actually printed more disc for stores. I saw Major Nelson getting a bone about it. Good for them though. It was a good game.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eddie-Vedder

Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.kuraimen
Soon they'll get a new Halo and **** themselves and go crazy over M$. Rofl.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuraimen
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Another difference is you are a useless troll and a Sony fanboy that no one likes.

You talk as if people likes you here :|
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46
Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.kuraimen
Least the X1 has a much more interesting launch lineup compared to the PS4.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

It only does HaloGearsForza

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.clyde46

LOL JUST LOL Dead Rising and Forza? LOL Clyde you've lost it.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.clyde46

That's the only interesting thing it'll have during its lifetime though.
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="clyde46"] GT6, UC3, KZ4. See, I can play that game too you know. timbers_WSU

Another difference is you are a useless troll and a Sony fanboy that no one likes. And your butthurt shows by hopping in a thread that had nothing to do with the PS4. Add the fact you think Forza Horizon is anything like the other Forza's shows you haven't even played it. They are nothing alike.

So everybody that jump into killzone threads and bitch about it calling (xbox game here) better, are useless trolls and xbox fanboys right?
Because those threads got nothing to do with the xbox...
And btw this is system wars, it's normal to do that here! 

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Horizon worth buying or renting?

I need a rally game. The Dirt series is about as far away from rallying as possible now.

Not sure it is better than Dirt but it is really good. (Dirt 2 is damn amazing.....Be a while before someone outdoes that.). But it certainly feels like Rally and there is a lot to it. I think 6 tracks with 3 different sections. Some of the sections take a good 10 minutes to finish. Not to mention you have to replay them with different weather. There is a lot of game there for the price. But like I said, it is damn hard.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.Eddie-Vedder

So for the PS4 we have, KZ which is a rehash, Driveclub which is having performance problems, Knack which is getting panned by the press and maybe Infamous. Out of those four, Infamous is the most interesting and that is saying a lot.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clyde46
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Most people prefer Horizon over Forza 4 these days. The guys at GAF and XBOXaddict pop wood just mentioning Horizon. Plus one of the devs was on Reddit doing a AMA session and admitted that Rally was gonna be a major part of the new one and they are working with the National Weather Service on creating a real time weather model for their next game. It had a lot of people including me thinking it was a new Rallisport......guess not. They are showing a trailer at Gamescom though. If you buy Horizon you have to get the Rally DLC. It is hard as hell but it is brilliant.

Not sure it is better than Dirt but it is really good. (Dirt 2 is damn amazing.....Be a while before someone outdoes that.). But it certainly feels like Rally and there is a lot to it. I think 6 tracks with 3 different sections. Some of the sections take a good 10 minutes to finish. Not to mention you have to replay them with different weather. There is a lot of game there for the price. But like I said, it is damn hard.

Technically, Dirt is extremely good. Gameplay wise its shit. This whole EXTREME SPORTS crap is pissing me off. Its not rallying anymore.
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

1) All AA trash. 

2) Because launch lineups tell you how the gen plays out. :lol: Wonderful logic. 

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.CallOfDutyRulez

1) All AA trash. 

2) Because launch lineups tell you how the gen plays out. :lol: Wonderful logic. 

Launch lineups make you want a buy the console. Stop being stupid.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Least the X1 has a much more interesting launch lineup compared to the PS4.

So for the PS4 we have, KZ which is a rehash, Driveclub which is having performance problems, Knack which is getting panned by the press and maybe Infamous. Out of those four, Infamous is the most interesting and that is saying a lot.

Forza and Dead RIsing are both "rehashes" too, those double standards... Get real, both launch lineups are meh, the Xboners isn't anywhere near better, they'll both be forgotten very quickly, probably mere months later. And we all know M$ supports their console less and less as the gen goes on, it's a direct result of them not owning game studios. Sony owns a ton of AAA studios, they have support for sure 100%, there's no maybe about it.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="clyde46"] I need a rally game. The Dirt series is about as far away from rallying as possible now.

Technically, Dirt is extremely good. Gameplay wise its shit. This whole EXTREME SPORTS crap is pissing me off. Its not rallying anymore.

Yeah after Dirt 2 they kind of lost their way. Horizon is set up like the old Colin McRae games. Point to point racing and really slippery physics. You would like it.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Forza Horizon was a lot of fun. The dumb ass story they added to it was worthless, but I did like the atmosphere of the whole festival thing. Plus it looked oh so pretty at night. I got a little tired of all that racing at the end though. They needed a little bit more variety in terms of types of races. Would be cooler if this was PGR, or at the least had PGR's sense of speed, and kudos system. And was PGR.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Pathetic rehash after rehash. Nothing but the same crap from M$. You really need low standards to get amused by such a lackluster offering.CallOfDutyRulez

1) All AA trash. 

You should not be allowed to use the word logic.
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] LOL JUST LOL Dead Rising and Forza? LOL Clyde you've lost it. Eddie-Vedder

Forza and Dead RIsing are both "rehashes" too, those double standards... Get real, both launch lineups are meh, the Xboners isn't anywhere near better, they'll both be forgotten very quickly, probably mere months later. And we all know M$ supports their console less and less as the gen goes on, it's a direct result of them not owning game studios. Sony owns a ton of AAA studios, they have support for sure 100%, there's no maybe about it.

Launch games never been really good, and full of bugs too!
Just sit the first year out, second year will be better. 

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Least the X1 has a much more interesting launch lineup compared to the PS4. clyde46

1) All AA trash. 

No. Buying a console because of the launch lineup is being stupid. Ignoring that Sony owns the AAA studios they own and the lack of Studios M$ owns is being stupid. You probably think you're being balanced and unbiased because your judging what you know right now but it's ignorant. You're ignoring something extremely important that will define these consoles.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 timbers_WSU
Forza Horizon was a lot of fun. The dumb ass story they added to it was worthless, but I did like the atmosphere of the whole festival thing. Plus it looked oh so pretty at night. I got a little tired of all that racing at the end though. They needed a little bit more variety in terms of types of races. Would be cooler if this was PGR, or at the least had PGR's sense of speed, and kudos system. And was PGR. jg4xchamp
I wanna PGR as well. But I am guessing going by the Reddit interview that Rally, the weather system, and larger city sections are what will be the big adds to this version. He hinted at new gameplay modes but did the bullshit."I can't talk about it." answer. Oh yeah- It will have Top Gear in it as well. I will see if I can get the Reddit link.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kuraimen
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

1) All AA trash. 

Eddie-Vedder

No. Buying a console because of the launch lineup is being stupid. Ignoring that Sony owns the AAA studios they own and the lack of Studios M$ owns is being stupid. You probably think you're being balanced and unbiased because your judging what you know right now but it's ignorant. You're ignoring something extremely important that will define these consoles.

So true. Shortsightedness makes you make bad decisions. I think that was the problem with many Xbox fans, they don't usually project into the future.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

How come so many of the posters in this thread saying PGR is awesome are the same ones crapping all over DriveClub for being 30fps?

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Launch lineups make you want a buy the console. Stop being stupid.

So true. Shortsightedness makes you make bad decisions. I think that was the problem with many Xbox fans, they don't usually project into the future.

You know Kuri, for as many games as you claim Sony to have...you sure do troll a lot with the same BS on here like a broken record. You offered what to this thread exactly? Horizon is a fantastic game, and it's good that more people are playing it. I would love a next gen version of it.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

How come so many of the posters in this thread saying PGR is awesome are the same ones crapping all over DriveClub for being 30fps?

Shewgenja
Because everyone's a hypocrite in some form or fashion. It's whatever favors at the moment.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RR360DD

Shewgenja
Drive Club was running at 20, not 30 fps :lol:
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Horizon is beastly. Still I would rather MS rotated between Forza and PGR games. Or Rallisport.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I guess PGR died with Bizarre.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Is there a franchise today that doesn't go annual?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

excited

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I think Forza Horizon was by far the best racing game of this entire generation.  I am hyped for this

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamevet77

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Damn was hoping PGR5 but Horizon was awesome so this is good too :cool: tchboRR360DD

Most racing games have crappy music. Hook your phone to your xbox via usb and you can listen to your own soundtrack.
gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamevet77

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] Horizon worth buying or renting?RR360DD

Most racing games have crappy music. Hook your phone to your xbox via usb and you can listen to your own soundtrack.
Coming from the same people who love God of War 3, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, etc etc. Every company makes sequels.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] No. Buying a console because of the launch lineup is being stupid. Ignoring that Sony owns the AAA studios they own and the lack of Studios M$ owns is being stupid. You probably think you're being balanced and unbiased because your judging what you know right now but it's ignorant. You're ignoring something extremely important that will define these consoles.

You know Kuri, for as many games as you claim Sony to have...you sure do troll a lot with the same BS on here like a broken record. You offered what to this thread exactly? Horizon is a fantastic game, and it's good that more people are playing it. I would love a next gen version of it.

He doesn't even have a PS3. That is common knowledge here.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 timbers_WSU

Is there a franchise today that doesn't go annual?

DrRockso87

When I first read what you wrote I thought you said go anal.....  :lol:
Sorry. I'm tired.