Phil Spencer still butthurt Apple denied xCloud on iOS files new complaint against Apple.

• 63 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70486 Posts

@pc_rocks: Well, they did invest in a new engine. Craig Engine 1.0.🤣

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44301 Posts

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

@Pedro said:

@pc_rocks: Well, they did invest in a new engine. Craig Engine 1.0.🤣

Too little too late. The way I see it, this engine is also not general purpose and specifically created for Halo alone. Pretty sure 343 is not even equipped to support other devs if they want to pivot this engine as the go to for entire first party portfolio.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Duckyindiana: Sorry but this is an interesting topic with many layers. What Epic is doing could send shockwaves through the industry. Just because Phil and UE are now involved doesn’t mean we can’t talk about it. Epic started to take a stand against digital revenue splits and it’s spilling over into other aspects of the industry. But for an exec to pick a side in such a complicated matter is strange. The iOS Epic beef started because of revenue splits. And if Epic is gonna pick a fight with mobile, what makes you think they wouldn’t go after Microsoft and Sony too? What’s Phil gonna say then? Wouldn’t that make his recent remarks seem foolish and shortsighted?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70486 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Too little too late. The way I see it, this engine is also not general purpose and specifically created for Halo alone. Pretty sure 343 is not even equipped to support other devs if they want to pivot this engine as the go to for entire first party portfolio.

As far as I know, the details on the engine has not been disclosed so I am not sure why you are certain that its not a general purpose engine like many other game engines. In fact the idea of a game engine being not general purpose is a rather old concept.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

As far as I know, the details on the engine has not been disclosed so I am not sure why you are certain that its not a general purpose engine like many other game engines. In fact the idea of a game engine being not general purpose is a rather old concept.

Going by the glass door reviews.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ProtossRushX: What's your gamertag fakeboy??????

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Apple shouldn't have to do anything, should I allow my flat to be open to all homeless people? Their product, so **** off basically.

imagine bootlicking for a trillion dollar company

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Apple shouldn't have to do anything, should I allow my flat to be open to all homeless people? Their product, so **** off basically.

Your flat that services millions of people's daily lives? ..lol..ok bro

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@schu said:
@Random_Matt said:

Your flat that services millions of people's daily lives? ..lol..ok bro

Yeah but nobody is forcing people to buy an iPhone. Android phones exist dude. If you don't like iPhone or there practices stay away you got choices out there make them.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

I love the cows defending Apple because MS are involved! Well the judge has blocked Apple removing there dev tool access! But has said for now Fortnite will remain off the store till more arguments are bought forward as Epic choose to break the terms. But Apple can’t retaliate and harm others like they have. Which is the right decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

I love the cows defending Apple because MS are involved! Well the judge has blocked Apple removing there dev tool access! But has said for now Fortnite will remain off the store till more arguments are bought forward as Epic choose to break the terms. But Apple can’t retaliate and harm others like they have. Which is the right decision.

Meh. I actually don't care much who wins or loses. Doesn't really matter or effect me all.

But I do know this if Apple loses this which they haven't yet.

If the judge says that the 30% cut is too much. Its gonna set a precedent for all the other digital storefronts like xbox/steam/google play/playstation. Which all take 30% cuts too so if apple goes down, they all basically are going down with it especially the google play store since its the most similar to the App Store.

So if I was any of those companies that I just listed, they should probably be backing apple real quick here. I'm actually shocked they haven't called out Epic yet.

The worst thing that could happen is apple loses and the judge says to put fortnite back on the store with all the loopholes intact.

At that point Epic and all other developers are gonna put loopholes in their games to go around the main storefronts, so they can make more money. None of the stores would get a cut anymore when people buy DLC or Virtual items and they can just point to the decision made by the judge if you try to take them off your platform.

Phil Spencer is digging his own grave here by backing Epic. If he cares about the 30% cut xbox gets off dlc/virtual items cause it could ripple into them next and it won't be just epic doing it.

But grats to epic on getting the dev tools to still work on unreal engine for iOS. I heard the judge didn't want to force apple to put the fortnite back on the App Store though and said Epic wounds were self inflicted. Phil should be thankful for that.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

lol, people. First you can't read, then you try to have opinions about the thing you couldn't read.