Phil Spencer still butthurt Apple denied xCloud on iOS files new complaint against Apple.

• 63 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This guy just won't stop, he's obsessed. Let it go Phil. Apple doesn't want you on their platform. Just go to android where 80% of the market is. Apple doesn't have a monopoly, android is much bigger in marketshare. People have choices. Anyone can pick up a Samsung Galaxy or 1000's of other smart phone's at anytime.

What are your thoughts on this? Should Phil back down or just keep beating a dead horse here?

Phil where are the AAA xb1 games this year? Where is the x-series launch games this year? What happened to halo infinite, you told us it looked great a few weeks ago and now its been delayed. How is that looking great?

I mean Phil you've got real work to do. Stop worrying about Epic getting kicked off the App Store. Fix your own platform, help your player base.

Phil charges the same 30% fee Apple/Google does for Fortnite purchases. Xbox would react the same way to Epic if they patched a workaround that bypassed the xb1 store this is absurd.

Microsoft is two faced, self serving liar who need to look in mirror and deal with their own monopolies like windows which controls 78% of the computer market. Windows has too big of marketshare to be honest right now to be kept in check.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Apple shouldn't have to do anything, should I allow my flat to be open to all homeless people? Their product, so **** off basically.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Random_Matt said:

Apple shouldn't have to do anything, should I allow my flat to be open to all homeless people? Their product, so **** off basically.

Agreed bro I used to use an iPhone 6+ I loved it but it got stolen so I switched to over to android now im sticking with android. Its not hard to switch like if you don't like their polices don't buy it its simple. Don't like an xbox or iPhone don't buy them.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

This guy just won't stop, he's obsessed. Let it go Phil. Apple doesn't want you on their platform. Just go to android where 80% of the market is. Apple doesn't have a monopoly, android is much bigger in marketshare. People have choices. Anyone can pick up a Samsung Galaxy or 1000's of other smart phone's at anytime.

What are your thoughts on this? Should Phil back down or just keep beating a dead horse here?

Phil where are the AAA xb1 games this year? Where is the x-series launch games this year? What happened to halo infinite, you told us it looked great a few weeks ago and now its been delayed. How is that looking great?

I mean Phil you've got real work to do. Stop worrying about Epic getting kicked off the App Store. Fix your own platform, help your player base.

Phil charges the same 30% fee Apple/Google does for Fortnite purchases. Xbox would react the same way to Epic if they patched a workaround that bypassed the xb1 store this is absurd.

Microsoft is two faced, self serving liar who need to look in mirror and deal with their own monopolies like windows which controls 78% of the computer market. Windows has too big of marketshare to be honest right now to be kept in check.

You use the term "butthurt" as an insult, yet you're one of the most butthurt people on this forum.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

MS sees Epic losing this battle so now they're trying to throw their weight in after getting rejected, since they're the original tech company who tries to pit their rabid fans against their enemies. Fortnite can still be played on iOS devices that have already downloaded the game, so taking away the dev tools is only way Apple can show they mean business when it comes to their rules. It is what it is.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Random_Matt said:

Agreed bro I used to use an iPhone 6+ I loved it but it got stolen so I switched to over to android now im sticking with android. Its not hard to switch like if you don't like their polices don't buy it its simple. Don't like an xbox or iPhone don't buy them.

yet you act like a whiny little bitch about corporate policies on a forum?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Let’s see what Phil says when Epic wants to bypass Xbox getting their cut too. You really think Epic is gonna stop at mobile? Phil showing support for this is nothing more than clout chasing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@BenjaminBanklin said:

MS sees Epic losing this battle so now they're trying to throw their weight in after getting rejected, since they're the original tech company who tries to pit their rabid fans against their enemies. Fortnite can still be played on iOS devices that have already downloaded the game, so taking away the dev tools is only way Apple can show they mean business when it comes to their rules. It is what it is.

Yeah I saw that people were selling iPhones that have fortnite pre-installed for more money cause of this.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Let’s see what Phil says when Epic wants to bypass Xbox getting their cut too. You really think Epic is gonna stop at mobile? Phil showing support for this is nothing more than clout chasing.

This.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69771 Posts

"If Unreal Engine cannot support games for iOS or macOS, Microsoft would be required to choose between abandoning its customers and potential customers on the iOS and macOS platforms or choosing a different game engine when preparing new games," the filing said. Link

If anyone actually took the time to read, its about Unreal Engine.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX: What's your gamertag for the 16th time???

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Should have a Phil Spencer sticky thread, popular guy around here.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

I say good for you Phil. Go get ‘em!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@ConanTheStoner said:

Should have a Phil Spencer sticky thread, popular guy around here.

They love the guy. Its just odd that Sony fannies are ones who are infatuated with him.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39212 Posts

Can Phil stfu for one week?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

Yet another failed thread....and he talks about "Obsessive" like it doesn't apply to him....lol.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Jailbreak your iPhones, my dudes.

Tell Apple to suck it. Install whatever you like. iOS is just a Linux flavor.

Apple can charge whatever they like on their store. I don't believe they should limit users to only that store though.

Let me install Steam on an XSX, Phil.

All these big **** corps trying to tell me what I can't do with my computers.

Rise up!

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

LMAO you call this guy obsessed and you are obsessed with MS, Xbox and him.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I think you mispelled 'minute'.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Filing based on the fact they are using UE (as well as other developers), and could be heavily limited due to Epic's beef with Apple... So what's the issue with Xcloud and Phil?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@lundy86_4 said:

Filing based on the fact they are using UE, and could be heavily limited due to Epic's beef with Apple... So what's the issue with Xcloud and Phil?

Most of the folks who commented and even the OP didn't read the filing.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

lol Phil haven't learned yet. no one wants MS sh&*ty product on their iphones.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39212 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@hardwenzen said:

I think you mispelled 'minute'.

After the next week Sony's show, i expect him to go back sucky suck Sony some more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@lundy86_4: Phil needs to make a tough choice for Xbox and their customers on iOS. But Apple doesn’t want X cloud anyway, so I’m not sure the decision is all that tough at the end off he day. But framing it as something that’s the “right thing for gamers” is disingenuous. What happens when Epic wants to keep their cut on digital purchases made on Xbox Live? Is Phil gonna take Epic to court? Will they delist Fortnite? Or will Phil choose the “right thing for gamers”?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:

"If Unreal Engine cannot support games for iOS or macOS, Microsoft would be required to choose between abandoning its customers and potential customers on the iOS and macOS platforms or choosing a different game engine when preparing new games," the filing said. Link

Epic probably should have thought about that before being super shady and bypassing the iOS store to get around the 30% fee.

Epic didn't think too far ahead. They probably thought Apple would never ban them and would make a deal.

I still dunno why Phil's is getting involved. Does Microsoft have some Unreal Engine games coming out for iOS?

How stupid was Epic to jeopardize all of this over a 30% fee? It just doesn't make any sense. This is all Epics fault that this happened. Why didn't Phil call out Epic for bypassing the iOS store violating apples terms of service and getting banned? Why are they going after Apple when Epic did the deed to get banned.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

@Pedro said:

Yep, the geniuses of SWs don't even know what MS is supporting and why.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts
@Pedro said:

They love the guy. Its just odd that Sony fannies are ones who are infatuated with him.

They miss old Kaz, just trying to fill the void. One could even say...

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

It's a lost Kaz.

Sorry.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Someone needs to tell Phil to shut his mouth and worry about fixing his failing brand. Apple is the big leagues. Xbox is the little leagues.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:
@Pedro said:

Epic probably should have thought about that before being super shady and bypassing the iOS store to get around the 30% fee.

Epic didn't think too far ahead. They probably thought Apple would never ban them and would make a deal.

I still dunno why Phil's is getting involved. Does Microsoft have some Unreal Engine games coming out for iOS?

How stupid was Epic to jeopardize all of this over a 30% fee? It just doesn't make any sense. This is all Epics fault that this happened. Why didn't Phil call out Epic for bypassing the iOS store violating apples terms of service and getting banned? Why are they going after Apple when Epic did the deed to get banned.

Child of ignorance, firstly Phil didn't make the filing Kevin Gammill did. Secondly it would affect EVERY developer that is using Unreal Engine for iOS and MacOS. This is literally just about the game engine. But don't let me stop you from looking foolish like many others have already done in this thread. 😎

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Yeah, that'll be a huge issue for sure. Protoss just spun this out of any context. As a content provider Phil needs to back up his words if this happens on MS' own service. In this instance, it's simply that their own iOS titles, as well as others using UE are at a severe impasse. Either switch engine and risk losing a lot of money, or appease Apple.

This is what monopolies do, and they need to f*ck right off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@SUD123456 said:
@Pedro said:

No I read it. What Microsoft Unreal Engine games is Phil so concerned about on iOS, apple is letting everyone keep there games they are just delisted and can no longer update them. If you have beef with it take up with Epic they broke the rules not apple. They jeopardized everything here they just didn't care about Microsoft.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

@lundy86_4: Phil needs to make a tough choice for Xbox and their customers on iOS. But Apple doesn’t want X cloud anyway, so I’m not sure the decision is all that tough at the end off he day. But framing it as something that’s the “right thing for gamers” is disingenuous. What happens when Epic wants to keep their cut on digital purchases made on Xbox Live? Is Phil gonna take Epic to court? Will they delist Fortnite? Or will Phil choose the “right thing for gamers”?

You know the filing is about the unreal engine and not about supporting the bypassing of fees right?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SUD123456

@ProtossRushX said:
@SUD123456 said:
@Pedro said:

No I read it. What Microsoft Unreal Engine games is Phil so concerned about on iOS, apple is letting everyone keep there games they are just delisted and can no longer update them. If you have beef with it take up with Epic they broke the rules not apple. They jeopardized everything here they just didn't care about Microsoft.

Obviously you suffer from reading comprehension issues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Pedro: I understand what this specific filing means, yes. I also understand what Epic has been up to the past few weeks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:

Child of ignorance, firstly Phil didn't make the filing Kevin Gammill did. Secondly it would affect EVERY developer that is using Unreal Engine for iOS and MacOS. This is literally just about the game engine. But don't let me stop you from looking foolish like many others have already done in this thread. 😎

Okay if it effects every developer using unreal engine for iOS and MacOS. Then why did Epic do what they did and get banned? Why didn't developers using the unreal engine call out Epic and ask what are you doing? We're using your engine you're breaking TOS and getting banned.

If I make business deal with someone and then they do shady stuff to get banned and can't support me anymore I'm gonna point my finger at them. Microsoft called out the wrong people again they should be telling Epic to make this right after what they did.

Apple has said that it will reverse its moves if Epic resubmits a version of “Fortnite” that complies with its payment rules.

It's time for Phil to call out Epic and tell them to fix this mess. The ball is in Epic's court here. They can go back to how it was before apple has said it themselves.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Okay if it effects every developer using unreal engine for iOS and MacOS. Then why did Epic do what they did and get banned? Why didn't developers using the unreal engine call out Epic and ask what are you doing? We're using your engine you're breaking TOS and getting banned.

If I make business deal with someone and then they do shady stuff to get banned and can't support me anymore I'm gonna point my finger at them. Microsoft called out the wrong people again they should be telling Epic to make this right after what they did.

Apple has said that it will reverse its moves if Epic resubmits a version of “Fortnite” that complies with its payment rules.

It's time for Phil to call out Epic and tell them to fix this mess. The ball is in Epic's court here. They can go back to how it was before apple has said it themselves.

Ask them yourself. As I have said before, this is about Unreal Engine and Phil (the love your life) didn't make the filing. If you were not a drama queen, a meaningful discussion may have been possible but that is not going to happen. 😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Ask them yourself. As I have said before, this is about Unreal Engine and Phil (the love your life) didn't make the filing. If you were not a drama queen, a meaningful discussion may have been possible but that is not going to happen. 😂

Why don't you just be quiet. You know how this issue started and it's affecting Epic's access to iOS tools, which includes excluding Unreal Engine. Does MS have any iOS UE-based games coming up in the pipeline?

And stop shifting the focus from Phil, he's the head of the gaming division at MS, proclaiming this move from his personal Twitter account saying "we". So, yes, this is his decision he's signing off on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Why don't you just be quiet. You know how this issue started and it's affecting Epic's access to iOS tools, which includes excluding Unreal Engine. Does MS have any iOS UE-based games coming up in the pipeline?

And stop shifting the focus from Phil, he's the head of the gaming division at MS, proclaiming this move from his personal Twitter account saying "we". So, yes, this is his decision he's signing off on.

Ben a email just came out from Tim Sweeney threatening the higher ups at Apple its not gonna be a good look for them in court. I hope Phil calls out Epic Games for this or stops doing business with them. They do have a trash mobile gamed called Forza Street that has like 300 users but its garbage and not worth even talking about barely anyone bought it.

Email:

Date: August 13, 2020 at 2:08:53 AM PDT

To: Tim Cook <tcook@apple.com>, Phil Schiller <schiller@apple.com>, CraigFederighi <federighi@apple.com>, Matt Fischer <matt.fischer@apple.com>, Douglas <vetter@apple.com>

Subject:Fortnite payments

Dear Tim, Phil, Craig, Matt, Douglas,

I’m writing to tell you that Epic will no longer adhere to Apple’s payment processing restrictions.

Today, Epic is launching Epic direct payments in Fortnite on iOS, offering customers the choice of paying in-app through Epic direct payments or through apple payments and passing on the savings of Epic direct payments to customers in the form of lower prices.

We choose to follow this path in the firm belief that history and law are on our side. Smartphones are essential computing devices that people use to live their lives and conduct their business. Apple’s position that its manufacture of a device gives it free rein to control, restrict, and tax commerce by consumers and creative expression by developers is repugnant to the principles of a free society.

Ending these restrictions will benefit consumers in the form of lower prices, increased product selection, and business model innovation.

Henceforth, all versions of Fortnite that Epic submits to the App Store will contain these two payment options, side by side, for customers to choose among.

We hope that Apple will reflect on its platform restrictions and begin to make historic changes that bring to the world’s billion iOS consumers the rights and freedoms enjoyed on the world’s leading open computing platforms including Windows and macOS. In support of this path, Epic’s public explanation of our payment service will be neutral and factual to provide Apple with a chance to consider taking a supportive route and communicating it in a way of Apple’schoosing.

If Apple chooses instead to take punitive action by blocking consumer access to Fortnite or forthcoming updates, then Epic will, regrettably, be in conflict with Apple on a multitude of fronts – creative, technical, business, and legal – for so long as it takes to bring about change, if necessary for many years.

Tim Sweeney

Epic Games

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin

@ProtossRushX: Yeah. I had read that before. Tim asked for a special deal with the caveat "we ask this on behalf of all developers" to make it sound like he was being altruistic, then Apple exposed him. He really thought the whole "man of the people" angle was going to work in his company's favor. Guess they had to learn the hard way iOS is a closed platform. It's just tone deaf to be platform owners while trying to finagle the platforms of others.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Nothing in your usual spew of nonsense changes the fact that this is about Unreal Engine. Better luck next time.
Nothing in your usual spew of nonsense changes the fact that this is about Unreal Engine. Better luck next time.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Another reason for me to never get an apple phone. iphones have always been garbage imo, cant run emulators for shit, wont let epic or MS be on iPhone without getting a ridiculous cut because they are afraid of it pulling revenue from apple arcade, which nobody gaf about lol

I hope apple keeps pushing away these company's , put everything on android, better conpatibilty with most stuff anyway

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Glad to see phil siding with the company that broke a rule on their competitor.

He should have kept his mouth shut since siding with either is wrong.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Epic broke the rules and then had the nerve to try to sue Apple. They're the bad guys in this story. Phil is an opportunist so I expect nothing less from the guy. They're not making a lot of money from Gamepass and their Series X launch is botched thanks to an underwhelming Halo showing so he'll do anything that makes him look good in the eyes of the misinformed.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SUD123456

@BenjaminBanklin said:

@ProtossRushX: Yeah. I had read that before. Tim asked for a special deal with the caveat "we ask this on behalf of all developers" to make it sound like he was being altruistic, then Apple exposed him. He really thought the whole "man of the people" angle was going to work in his company's favor. Guess they had to learn the hard way iOS is a closed platform. It's just tone deaf to be platform owners while trying to finagle the platforms of others.

Apple is going to lose, which they should. With PC and Android you can download whatever you want. In the case of Fortnite you can still download the game from Epic's store to your Android device. It is your device and Android is not in fact a closed fully monopolistic system like Apple. The advantage of going through the Play store is simply convenience for the actual owner...aka....customer to find and install the game.

However, with Apple it is a fully closed system and you can't install things without going through their store front. Therein lies the difference and is what makes them a fully closed monopoly. They treat you like the phone they sold you is still theirs.

And this is not like Sony/MS and their online services. In those cases, there is an actual on going service being provided to the consumer as they are accessing the private networks of those companies to play online.

There is no ongoing service from either Google or Apple in using their storefronts. It is just a download and payment. However, one of them allows you to use other storefronts while the other one does not.

It is similar in some ways to: hey you have Windows...you must use our browser. And we know what happened there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@SUD123456: How do you know Apple is gonna lose? The email Sweeney wrote threatened apple and making threats breaking ToS and stuff doesn't look good in the courts.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Meanwhile Fornite and other free to play games,are not really free to play on xbox.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@goldenelementxl: You truly are showing off your cow colours! It’s so funny that the first few morons to comment are the biggest fan girls on here

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BenjaminBanklin

@SUD123456 said:

Apple is going to lose, which they should. With PC and Android you can download whatever you want. In the case of Fortnite you can still download the game from Epic's store to your Android device. It is your device and Android is not in fact a closed fully monopolistic system like Apple. The advantage of going through the Play store is simply convenience for the actual owner...aka....customer to find and install the game.

However, with Apple it is a fully closed system and you can't install things without going through their store front. Therein lies the difference and is what makes them a fully closed monopoly. They treat you like the phone they sold you is still theirs.

And this is not like Sony/MS and their online services. In those cases, there is an actual on going service being provided to the consumer as they are accessing the private networks of those companies to play online.

There is no ongoing service from either Google or Apple in using their storefronts. It is just a download and payment. However, one of them allows you to use other storefronts while the other one does not.

It is similar in some ways to: hey you have Windows...you must use our browser. And we know what happened there.

How's Apple going to lose? No one can force Apple into making iOS open platform, it would destroy their business model. It's the exclusive operating system that's included with their products. Like you said, they have plenty of competition, with the bonus of having open source platforms, so there's no stepping on any toes of the other.

However, even if Windows and Android are open source, no one has the right to skirt the rules of the private apps they create on them according to their TOSes. You want to put something on the Windows store or Xbox Live? You follow MS's rules. Wanna put something on the Play store? You got to heed Google's rules. Same with any app created by whoever on these platforms. So I find it weird to see other tech megagiants with private platforms trying to pressure other tech giants into changing the rules on theirs.

Epic still has plenty of options of where to take Fortnite and where Unreal Engine can be used. I'm sure any special deals Apple made with particular companies were not done by attempting to strongarm them first. This is why MS has likely thrown their hat in the ring being they use a similar kind of tactic to encroach on their competitors. Hell, I'm almost wondering if they put the idea in Tim's head to try it. "Go ahead, we'll back you up".

Anyway, Apple's made it pretty clear that they can use the platform as long as they adhere to the rules, but Epic's going to make a spectacle of it anyway.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@Pedro said:

No, this forum is just blind hate against MS now.

Hearing the name "Microsoft" is enough to get some people's blood boiling on here.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

Do people even read the sources they post and that include the click bait gaming sites. MS didn't file anything against Apple or in support of Epic. They simply backed that Epic's access to Apple SDK shouldn't be revoked so that Unreal Engine and its devs don't suffer. Apple is well within their rights to do that however they can also let it slide because those two are different products/things.

They are simply protecting their investments in UE4 ecosystem as most of their games including Minecraft uses UE. It baffles me though why a company, a size of MS didn't design their own engine to be used in house and are extremely dependent on UE. All major publishers have moved to their own proprietary engines for that very purpose for almost a decade now.

The leadership of MS games/Xbox division really has no vision or think long term.