Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Which shouldn't be surprising considering Sony fans were jumping off bridges.

It's an hour long video.

When we saw the public disclosure, I felt even better about the choices that we made on our platform. And I kind of expected that I would. The hardware team...that did... Xbox One X...I have a lot of confidence in them. If I give them the time and the targets to go hit... I just believe in their ability to... create.

I feel good about the price we'll be able to get to. I feel good about the price and performance capabilities that we have with Xbox Series X. I feel incredibly strong about the overall package... We think it's a winning plan... We're going to make sure we stay agile on our pricing.

Source

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

He needs to make sure that Xbox Series X gets a decent exclusive games lineup. Outside of Hellblade 2 there isn't much I'm seeing that can go toe to toe with whatever Sony can produce.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

How can people trust this guy ?

Do I have to post the greatest holiday lineup in history meme ? Lol

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

They have capability to f sony up a bit on pricing. Not necessary about winning and loosing but how much loss they can set for everybody. Being the stronger hardware they control that. Sony can not do a xboxone and go above there price target.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Livecommander said:

How can people trust this guy ?

Do I have to post the greatest holiday lineup in history meme ? Lol

I'll just photograph my ear, or send a video of my head instead.

----

OT: If he feels confident, then dope. Still, it's early days and we haven't seen much in terms of games from either player. I'll wait and see.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@NoodleFighter: "He needs to make sure that Xbox Series X gets a decent exclusive games lineup."

It's off to a rough start considering XSX won't have exclusive games for 2 years right?

@ellos:" Sony can not do a xboxone and go above there price target."

Or match it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

He needs to make sure that Xbox Series X gets a decent exclusive games lineup. Outside of Hellblade 2 there isn't much I'm seeing that can go toe to toe with whatever Sony can produce.

So have you seen what games MS has next gen? I haven't.

No one has seen anything bar one game from MS and nothing from Sony pictures. How about you wait until they announce some games before you "see" anything.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I think if Xbox price Series X at $450 it would make people rethink on pros and cons between both consoles. Huge loss on MS side but they do need to battle PS worldwide popularity.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Cool. I’m also feeling really good about the Xbox Series X myself as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It would be surprising if he said otherwise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Juub1990: The problem I have is the "I feel good about the price" bit.

He's not a consumer and gets all his shit for free, he also has an overlord he has to answer to. So he will want to maximise profit/minimise loss of off each console sold, even though they know the money's in the software.

I want a mean Phil Spencer, one who gets white line fever and wants to rip his competitors heads off. If the price is more than the PS5, then they will just **** themselves and us gamers over again. They must learn from their mistakes of this gen.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Next, he will begin trolling Sony 😊

GTA 6 RUNNING ON THE SERIES X
GTA 6 RUNNING ON THE SERIES X
GTA 6 RUNNING ON THE PS5
GTA 6 RUNNING ON THE PS5
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:

No one has seen anything bar one game from MS and nothing from Sony pictures. How about you wait until they announce some games before you "see" anything.

Hellblade 2 is one of them but both of you forgot Halo: Infinite is also coming to XSX, a game I'm really looking forward to on PC, but other than that, I for one want to see what Halo: Infinite can do for XSX the most.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Hellblade 2 is one of them but both of you forgot Halo: Infinite is also coming to XSX, a game I'm really looking forward to on PC, but other than that, I for one want to see what Halo: Infinite can do for XSX the most.

I didn't forget about Halo, that has been known for a while, but all MS has announced since showing off the SeX is Hellblade 2, and for someone to say that haven't seen anything to match Sony, when neither has shown hardly anything (in Sony's case nothing) is stupid.

All i'm saying is lets wait before we make comments about games, until the majority has been shown.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juub1990
@i_p_daily said:

He's not a consumer and gets all his shit for free, he also has an overlord he has to answer to. So he will want to maximise profit/minimise loss of off each console sold, even though they know the money's in the software.

I want a mean Phil Spencer, one who gets white line fever and wants to rip his competitors heads off. If the price is more than the PS5, then they will just **** themselves and us gamers over again. They must learn from their mistakes of this gen.

Very likely to be at least as expensive as the PS5. I just want them to deliver games like they did with the Xbox 360/Xbox. When they had Stranger's Wrath, Project Gotham, Ninja Gaiden, Fable 2 and many other great titles.

It's a bit better than the PS5 so I expect it to be at least as costly if not more. You will still get terrific value for your money as this is quite a capable machine. We don't have to worry about the hardware or services. Xbox Live and Game Pass are great. Last thing is really what they will offer besides the usual suspects and I think Phil is more committed than ever.

People will meme about "Greatest Line Up in Xbox History" and all of that but I believe at that point Phil was already focused on the Series X and decided to reserve most of the big titles for later.

I'm at least confident it will be competitive this gen. Phil is a nice guy but I also firmly believe he wants to deliver the best product possible and crush the competition even though he doesn't make it seem like so.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I didn't forget about Halo, that has been known for a while, but all MS has announced since showing off the SeX is Hellblade 2, and for someone to say that haven't seen anything to match Sony, when neither has shown hardly anything (in Sony's case nothing) is stupid.

All i'm saying is lets wait before we make comments about games, until the majority has been shown.

Good point I think I may have jumped the gun too soon just like everyone else did at XO2019. The reveal of Grounded and Bleeding Edge made everyone think Microsoft was going to have these top tier devs work on just cartoony GaaS and kill them like Rare. Hence why they got disliked hard. People only stopped hating Bleeding Edge because Hellblade 2 has been confirmed.

We already have an idea of what future Sony games are going to be like and what games are likely going to be on the PS5 like Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Marvel's Spiderman 2, Ghost Of Tsushima, God Of War 2 and etc. We already know dev studios like Santa Monica and Naughty Dog will release smash hits.

Microsoft needs to release games that can compete on this level especially games other than Halo, Gears and Forza. I hope these studios create some great games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Oh look at the lemmings go full of confidence they think the machine will be anything under 500.

Man this is all a stunt to try to make publicity,the fact alone that a boring presentation for developers from sony got more hype and views than the Xbox series X and hellblade 2 tell the whole story.

This one is another bookmark thread in my books for future fun making.🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:

Oh look at the lemmings go full of confidence they think the machine will be anything under 500.

Man this is all a stunt to try to make publicity,the fact alone that a boring presentation for developers from sony got more hype and views than the Xbox series X and hellblade 2 tell the whole story.

This one is another bookmark thread in my books for future fun making.🤣

So what you're saying is Sony has a cure for insomnia, because that show put everyone to sleep.

You've probably bookmarked every Xbox thread in existence, you would have cupboard full of thumb drive labelled lems/Xbox threads for every day/week/month/year ever since your join date because you are the saddest muppet that has ever existed here and will ever exist here.

17yrs here and still can't comprehend simple conversations, that's some self ownage there.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@i_p_daily:

"No one has seen anything bar one game from MS and nothing from Sony pictures."

- MS games struggled like crazy this gen and they officially don't even have exclusives. At this point, it doesn't matter what MS releases when Sony will outdo them regardless. Really, the only reason why I would even want one is just for Halo and Forza. That's not saying much.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos

@i_p_daily:

And still people were more interested in that conference than the pathetic Xbox and it's line up of games.🤣

Is like seeing you say Sony pictures hasn't show anything,we know it's killing you that those movies sell more and have better score than MS borefest games.

But but but metashitic is bad boo hoo.😭

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@Juub1990 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Very likely to be at least as expensive as the PS5. I just want them to deliver games like they did with the Xbox 360/Xbox. When they had Stranger's Wrath, Project Gotham, Ninja Gaiden, Fable 2 and many other great titles.

It's a bit better than the PS5 so I expect it to be at least as costly if not more. You will still get terrific value for your money as this is quite a capable machine. We don't have to worry about the hardware or services. Xbox Live and Game Pass are great. Last thing is really what they will offer besides the usual suspects and I think Phil is more committed than ever.

People will meme about "Greatest Line Up in Xbox History" and all of that but I believe at that point Phil was already focused on the Series X and decided to reserve most of the big titles for later.

I'm at least confident it will be competitive this gen. Phil is a nice guy but I also firmly believe he wants to deliver the best product possible and crush the competition even though he doesn't make it seem like so.

They need to match or charge less for the SeX as they need to get a lot of traffic back off of Sony, a higher price won't do that.

And MS need to be true to their word and let these studios make the games they want, they also need to give Gears a rest and let the Coalition do something else like they are with Playground games and its not so secret RPG they're making.

They've got the console, they now have the devs for the most part, now they need the right price.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos

@nepu7supastar7:

Which you can get on PC by the way and with free online play.

I_p_daily simply doesn't get it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

First - solely to reiterate the point - Phil has managed to skirt by unscathed during the X1 era solely due to the fact that he isn’t Don Mattrick. But he’s still largely responsible for a number of the failings at Xbox and he doesn’t get enough blame for how poorly Xbox as a platform handled itself this generation and generally, seeing that it is still a non-factor in the PC space while ceding ground to Epic and Amazon (via Twitch), yet MS higher-ups are starting to command Xbox compliment and drive Windows more thoroughly.

That said, Phil is handling the marketing angle for Series X perfectly. I anticipate he will have to be marketing a device to a slimmer demographic and at a price disparity, but taking every angle Sony cedes is textbook.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

lol yeah I bet he did.

@i_p_daily said:

cupboard full of thumb

I see what u did bro.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I still say XSX will be $500 is a fair price for what you are getting and those specs its packing is really impressive. Just remember this is Phil Spencer's first time leading a new next-gen Xbox console and I'm more curious as to what he'll do next. Yes, exclusive games err MS games will be the main attraction but I'm sure MS won't disappoint.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@i_p_daily:

"No one has seen anything bar one game from MS and nothing from Sony pictures."

- MS games struggled like crazy this gen and they officially don't even have exclusives. At this point, it doesn't matter what MS releases when Sony will outdo them regardless. Really, the only reason why I would even want one is just for Halo and Forza. That's not saying much.

And they have bought how many new game studios that they didn't have this gen???

Yes MS has struggled with games this gen, but lets not pretend it was all bad, there is still high quality games this gen from MS, and some new ones like Ori, Cuphead that didn't struggle.

Also just because you would buy an Xbox for just 2 games isn't saying much, I on the other hand wouldn't buy a PS4 for any game. So all of Sony's studios combined couldn't make any game that outdoes Forza Horizon for me.

Lets see what all these devs MS bought produce next gen before you go riding off into the sunset in a wagon with a PS5 and a sign on the back that says "just married" lol.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

I was reading about it on ign because I ironically go to ign

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-vs-ps5-phil-spencer-feels-really-good-about-power-and-price

Ps5 is going to be a wake up call for Sony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

And still people were more interested in that conference than the pathetic Xbox and it's line up of games.🤣

Is like seeing you say Sony pictures hasn't show anything,we know it's killing you that those movies sell more and have better score than MS borefest games.

But but but metashitic is bad boo hoo.😭

What line up of games has MS showcased for the SeX???

Sales & scores mean nothing to me, just because they mean the world to you, don't project your shit onto me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@tormentos said:

@nepu7supastar7:

Which you can get on PC by the way and with free online play.

I_p_daily simply doesn't get it.

Oh I get it, but I don't play on PC, so as long as I have access to these games i'm happy, when/if that changes you will hear me that's for sure.

Also tormy you're the one who cares about exclusives, do you remember the thread where PS NOW was announced for PC, and you lost your shit over it.

Your excuses where that they were still exclusives because PC gamers where playing from PS4 servers and the like LOL. I even remember a mod coming into the thread stating that if a game is playable on more than one platform its not exclusive, and you continued to ignore the mod and rage hard.

Its you who doesn't get it tormy. If you keep this crying up i'm going to ask Kleenex if they will release a PS5 edition tissue box with 9.2 tissues in it LMFAO.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nepu7supastar7

@i_p_daily:

"Lets see what all these devs MS bought produce next gen before you go riding off into the sunset in a wagon with a PS5 and a sign on the back that says "just married" lol."

- Unlike most SW gamers, I'm not married to anything. I bought every console last gen, the gen before that, this gen, and plan to do the same next gen. But out of the 3 big ones, Xbone was the worst and MS is still on the same course this new gen. That doesn't bode much confidence. Halo 5 was horrible, Gears is only decent now, we lost Fable, and all we got that was genuinely great was Forza. Though as great as Forza is, it's just a racing game. I don't really bother much with indies so I don't really care for Ori and Cuphead was just meh.. So on MS' side, there's not much to do but hope for a miracle rabbit pulled out of some new developer's ass. The real fight will be in the games the big 3 deliver.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Juub1990
@i_p_daily said:

They need to match or charge less for the SeX as they need to get a lot of traffic back off of Sony, a higher price won't do that.

And MS need to be true to their word and let these studios make the games they want, they also need to give Gears a rest and let the Coalition do something else like they are with Playground games and its not so secret RPG they're making.

They've got the console, they now have the devs for the most part, now they need the right price.

They might be able to match. The SSD of the PS5 is reportedly quite pricey and might even out the more costly parts of the Series X. Microsoft has a bigger cash flow and Sony and might be more willing to put up with selling hardware at a loss especially given the popularity of Game Pass and the potential of regaining a major footing in the business.

If I were to guess, they'll come out at the same price.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

From https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-vs-ps5-phil-spencer-feels-really-good-about-power-and-price

No doubt, I felt really good about how Series X lines up. Now, I think Mark and the team did some really good work on the audio processing that they talked about, their SSD technology is impressive, we like that. We saw the work that they did. But you know, we we took a holistic view on our platform, from CPU, to GPU, to RAM, to throughput velocity architecture, latency, back compat – you know, it took us years to get to this point.

"I will definitely have respect for any platform team that's launching, it just takes a lot of work. But I will say, when we finally saw the public disclosure, I felt even better about the choices that we made on our platform. And I kind of expected that I would."

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

It's funny how bad clueless people have underestimated Cerny's more advanced PS5 design, the information is out there, but it's even better that Xbox head Mr. Spencer has also fallen for the same dog and pony show Sony has fed everyone else.

This is one main reason why Sony has been radio silent outside of Cerny's "boring" Road to PS5. Sony wanted it to be BORING and underwhelming...to you laymen. Get comfortable Phil, get comfortable lems, get comfortable MS PC fanboys.

Sony is holding all their cards for their PS5 blowout showcase. Virtually everyone here is going to catch an L expecting XSX to outperform PS5 with "better graphics" (lol) especially the PC fans acting like they are software engineers who know more about hardware than Mark Cerny.

Don't get mad when these threads are used to chin check you on your so-called knowledge when you are proven to be wrong on all your predictions.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ronvalencia

@boxrekt:

Sony has been consistent with GPU chip area size since PS3

PS3 GPU: 258 mm2 with 90nm

PS4 GPU: ~212 mm2 with 28 nm

PS4 Pro GPU: ~257 mm2 with 16 nm

PS5 GPU, Sony picked NAVI 10 with ~251 mm2 size with RDNA 2 updates (2nd gen 7nm).

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@NoodleFighter: You mean like Halo? That game that has more hours played than all of PS4 exclusives combined?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@boxrekt:

PS5 GPU, Sony picked NAVI 10 with ~251 mm2 size with RDNA 2 updates (2nd gen 7nm).

The problem with this breakdown you're showing (and most people who think XSX is going to have some significant advantage over PS5) is that you're only looking at 1 aspect of the entire system. The GPU.

Yes, absolutely, without a doubt XSX has the superior GPU rating.

And *IF* PS5 was designed in the same straight forward way that SXS is it would be the only thing we would need to look at to seperate them in performance. ;-) but it's not. They are actually designed completely different.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@boxrekt: It also has a better CPU and RAM.

Xbox Series X is a lot more powerful. Those are the facts.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@tormentos:

You are getting emotional,Phil has triggered you

HaH

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

This time i think MS will fight Sony's exclusives. Sony is so boring now we already know what they will be over its lifespan... Dad of War 2, Horizon One Dawn, Lesb of Us 3, GT7, Days Gone 2. Expect nearly all Sony exclusives to be TP cinematic, barely any multiplayer. Forget about any AAA RPG, AAA platform, lucky if we get 1 AAA online FPS lol... maybe Sony still end up winning with people being so brainwashed. The console with poor BC, weaker specs and the movie games will win but the gap will be smaller this time for sure...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@ronvalencia said:

@boxrekt:

The problem with this breakdown you're showing (and most people who think XSX is going to have some significant advantage over PS5) is that you're only looking at 1 aspect of the entire system. The GPU.

Yes, absolutely, without a doubt XSX has the superior GPU rating.

And *IF* PS5 was designed in the same straight forward way that SXS is it would be the only thing we would need to look at to seperate them in performance. ;-) but it's not. They are actually designed completely different.

PS5 and XSX are not completely different.

CPU: 4.57% to 9.67%

3.6 / 3.5 = 1.0457

3.6 / 3.465 = 1.0390 (PS5 CPU with 1% clock speed reduction**)

3.8 / 3.465 = 1.0967 (PS5 CPU with 1% clock speed reduction**)

**AVX can cause clock speed throttle for PS5. I speculated a 1% clock speed reduction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@i_p_daily:

"Lets see what all these devs MS bought produce next gen before you go riding off into the sunset in a wagon with a PS5 and a sign on the back that says "just married" lol."

- Unlike most SW gamers, I'm not married to anything. I bought every console last gen, the gen before that, this gen, and plan to do the same next gen. But out of the 3 big ones, Xbone was the worst and MS is still on the same course this new gen. That doesn't bode much confidence. Halo 5 was horrible, Gears is only decent now, we lost Fable, and all we got that was genuinely great was Forza. Though as great as Forza is, it's just a racing game. I don't really bother much with indies so I don't really care for Ori and Cuphead was just meh.. So on MS' side, there's not much to do but hope for a miracle rabbit pulled out of some new developer's ass. The real fight will be in the games the big 3 deliver.

I don't get this part. A great game is a great game regardless of genre, and FH4 has more content than all of Sony's third person games combined.

As for Halo I'm not a fan, but the games campaign is average best, but its MP is probably the best of the series is what I hear from friends that are long time Halo fans.

Gears I don't like, its not my cup of tea, but most people seem to like it and is popular.

So because indies are not to your liking you can scratch them, righto.

Surely you've heard that Playground games opened a 200 strong second dev team with people from R*, Rocksteady, EA, among many other devs that slip my mind right now, and are reportedly making a RPG which is HEAVILY rumoured to be a new Fable game.

Then there's the devs they have bought in the last 2yrs like Obsidian, Ninja Theory, Playground games, and the others, and we will have to wait and see what they create next gen.

You're quick to slam MS games, so tell me what Sony games do you think are great???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@Juub1990 said:
@i_p_daily said:

They might be able to match. The SSD of the PS5 is reportedly quite pricey and might even out the more costly parts of the Series X. Microsoft has a bigger cash flow and Sony and might be more willing to put up with selling hardware at a loss especially given the popularity of Game Pass and the potential of regaining a major footing in the business.

Being equal on price is the or cheaper is what they need to do, they can't afford to be priced higher. MS need to steal traffic back off of Sony.

MS having a bigger cash flow means nothing as Phil has to answer to the higher ups who only want profits, whereas Sony needs to the PS brand to do well to stay afloat, so i'm expecting them to be very aggressive.

MS said they will be doing their own E3 show online this year, so we're about 2 months away from hopefully seeing what other games they have up their sleeves.

I'm going to be really pissed if MS don't announce what Playgrounds new RPG is at that show.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69469 Posts

I agree that Xbox has to match the price of the PS5. It should not be greater than the PS5 otherwise they would lose all of the positive momentum gained. They should also match the PS5 price on first reveal, not on a price adjustment after being more expensive than the PS5.

With that said, I hope Xbox focus on game diversity. I don't want them to become like Sony's first party games which are just one note at the moment. Fortunately, it looks like they are catering for gamers across the board which is going to be a hit for some and a miss for others depending on the game. Just don't give me just third person shooters.

Lastly, its good to hear that they are planning on pacing the release of games. This is key for subscription services like Gamepass and for their platform in general. Gamers like and want something to look forward to on a consistent basis.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

@NoodleFighter: I think you have that backwards actually.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

He da man. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tormentos

@tomalevine said:

I was reading about it on ign because I ironically go to ign

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-vs-ps5-phil-spencer-feels-really-good-about-power-and-price

Ps5 is going to be a wake up call for Sony

You know what the sad part is about their sucking up to MS?

That they were one of those downplaying the 40% gap advantage in favor of sony in 2013 and would not even talk about the price gap were you payed more for a weaker system.

@i_p_daily said:

What line up of games has MS showcased for the SeX???

Sales & scores mean nothing to me, just because they mean the world to you, don't project your shit onto me.

Hellblade 2 (aka the game that you people downplayed when it was on sony side)

Halo infinite which you people claim was created with the series X in mind.lol

Yeah sales and score DO matter to you which is why you held for dear life to Forza which is basically the only decent game that hasn't gone into the trash this gen for MS.

The fact that you downplay them in nothing change that,we know how things work here,just like you claim you don't care about power,but on all thread you are bringing the graphics gap between both machines so yeah you CARE..😂

When talking games scores matter and they are what make Forza what it is,if by any chance Forza would have score 60 over the years you would not be even talking about it or hyping it.

@i_p_daily said:

Oh I get it, but I don't play on PC, so as long as I have access to these games i'm happy, when/if that changes you will hear me that's for sure.

Also tormy you're the one who cares about exclusives, do you remember the thread where PS NOW was announced for PC, and you lost your shit over it.

Your excuses where that they were still exclusives because PC gamers where playing from PS4 servers and the like LOL. I even remember a mod coming into the thread stating that if a game is playable on more than one platform its not exclusive, and you continued to ignore the mod and rage hard.

Its you who doesn't get it tormy. If you keep this crying up i'm going to ask Kleenex if they will release a PS5 edition tissue box with 9.2 tissues in it LMFAO.

No one loss it,you can own xbox games on PC they are yours,if PS Now shoot down next month you have no PS game on PC,unless the game is release properly for windows is not a multiplatform that was my point.

But have a nice time waiting for those games to hit PC,i know xbox games are day 1 on PC and with free online play by the way.

See you care about power,just like you care about scores and sales..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tormentos

@Juub1990 said:

I don't think the SSD is much more pricier the whole argument about the PS5 price component hike was do to flash,nand and dram prices rising,sure the PS5 has some other components to help all data flow,but the SSD on the xbox is bigger,so from a flash stand point of view it would cost a little more.

More space higher cost,i think sony changed extra space for other components,which is why the size is and odd one vs the more traditional one.

I could be wrong tho would not bet the house on it.

@ronvalencia said:

@boxrekt:

From 258 to 212 there us no consistency,for some one who quote an entire post to make a 1% correcting in power difference from 17% to 18% you sure look at numbers in a freaking odd and faboysh way.

17% and 18% is the practically the same in this architecture, 257 mm and 212mm is not the same.

@BlackShirt20 said:

@boxrekt: It also has a better CPU and RAM.

Xbox Series X is a lot more powerful. Those are the facts.

Sure it is..'

Is a whooping 18%.

I heard that games on xbox will look 18% times better,as the xbox series X flux capacitor is equivalent to 1 PS5 per 1%.

So 18% that mean 18 times as powerful..

I recently receive some photos from xbox series X developer @Pedro

Here is Forza 8 runing at 8k 240FPS now don't share this screen as it may get Pedro in trouble do to NDA.

You can see MS is confident because they got leak footage from Gran Turismo next and is not even close.

Blur image is do to shaky hidden cam,not because it look blur it actually look quite crips running at 640x480 60FPS.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@Juub1990 said:

I don't think the SSD is much more pricier the whole argument about the PS5 price component hike was do to flash,nand and dram prices rising,sure the PS5 has some other components to help all data flow,but the SSD on the xbox is bigger,so from a flash stand point of view it would cost a little more.

More space higher cost,i think sony changed extra space for other components,which is why the size is and odd one vs the more traditional one.

I could be wrong tho would not bet the house on it.

@ronvalencia said:

@boxrekt:

From 258 to 212 there us no consistency,for some one who quote an entire post to make a 1% correcting in power difference from 17% to 18% you sure look at numbers in a freaking odd and faboysh way.

Actually, Pitcairn GPU has 228 mm2, without GCN 1.1 changes, hence it's slightly larger than 228 and the use of ~ symbol which stands for "approximately equal" in Algebra symbols.

212mm2 is from Techpowerup's estimate. I use ~ symbol "approximately equal" in Algebra symbols.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/171375-reverse-engineered-ps4-apu-reveals-the-consoles-real-cpu-and-gpu-specs

Pitcairn GPU core is a 228 mm sq part

Sony has been consistent with GPU chip area range since PS3.

18% to 19% is only TFLOPS not including memory difference i.e. 8% penalty between 336 GB/s to 448 GB/s

Try again.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@i_p_daily:

"You're quick to slam MS games, so tell me what Sony games do you think are great???"

- I wasn't slamming MS in general. I was just saying that they've let me down too many times this gen that I've pretty much lost faith in them. I've got a very diverse pallet for games so I need more than just a racing game to keep me happy. On Sony's side, I loved pretty much everything they've been releasing. God of War, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Last of Us, Uncharted and even Days Gone was still pretty good.

Sony has more focus on single player games and that's what I mostly play. I hate online mp.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Juub1990
@ronvalencia said:

Actually, Pitcairn GPU has 228 mm2, without GCN 1.1 changes, hence it's slightly larger than 228 and the use of ~ symbol which stands for "approximately equal" in Algebra symbols.

Sony has been consistent with GPU chip area range since PS3.

212mm2 is from Techpowerup's estimate. I use ~ symbol "approximately equal" in Algebra symbols.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/171375-reverse-engineered-ps4-apu-reveals-the-consoles-real-cpu-and-gpu-specs

Pitcairn GPU core is a 228 mm sq part

Try again.

SHUT THE **** UP and stop tagging me.