Phil Harrison: "This is a marathon, not a sprint"

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Gap is widening, no way Xbone is gonna beat PS4 in this race.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

People forget Last gen? Xbox 360 was sprint, PS3 was marathon

Now Xbox One is marathon, PS4 is sprint.

FUNNY HOW PEOPLE IGNORE FACTS.

Your talking outta you ass. Playstation has always been about marathon. Heck, PS1 games are still popping up these days, however, where are all the xbox one games?

Last gen PS3 was at last place. So it was not marathon

Bit of a hollow victory when the competitor caught up in no time and ended up being the better console with most exclusives lol. But sure 360 'won' last gen, I doubt people would agree with the particulars though. ;). So much for that year head start hey? They could have used it this gen. Jesus christ did they need it.

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

So XB is leading the race and PS is trying to catch up? lol!!

They are both fat and out of shape, which shows neither system was ready to race. lol!!

That's PS4 catching up with dat 360 success that MS dropped. We all know that the fella in the front gets chow downed upon. ;)

Caught up in no time? You can't possibly be serious with that statement unless you think 7 years is no time. I remember when the PS3 launched, it was supposed to have caught up and pass the 360 within the 1st year let alone barely catch up 7 years later.

Better console?Hardly with it's inferior multiplats or did all those games that ran and looked better on the 360 not count? Most exlcusives yet the 360 had well over 100+ more games. Go figure huh.

The Wii won and Sony came in last or at the very least tied for 2nd. Pretty big decline considering the huge user base they had in the 5th and 6th gens.

How ever you view it, it's an extremely hollow victory. The competitor caught up and bested the opposition despite perks and advantages. If 360 was the juggernaut it was at the start of last gen all the way up to the end of last gen, PS3 would have been no where in sight.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

You can't have a marathon if you stumble at the start

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@misterpmedia said:

Sorry but playstation is a fat guy too

The ps4 and xboxone aren't all that different, the ps4 may be a bit better but they're both very weak systems. My 3 year old mid range pc slaughters the ps4 & xboxone. My 3 year 200$ old cpu is simply 2 times as powerfull. My 210$ videocard that i bought january last year is 1,5 time as powerfull. Console optimizations do something but they have pc architecture and have a lot of reservations for multimedia, which my pc doesn't have. I can use all the power and when i play a movie, i shut down the game.

The system is just out and already struggles at 1080p, it's hilarious. Whoever bought a console now is a complete idiot (and I have a x360 and loved it) . However if i bould buy one, i would buy the xboxone because I would use it for fighting games or something, I would probably buy it withouth the kinect though but when virtual reality hits us, the kinect is gonna become very important and that's why i'll buy it then.

It's also the reason microsoft pushed the kinect on the customer, so vr games would be made. The xbone is also easy upgradable since it runs windows, that will me much harder for playstation (they probably don't have the knowhow eiter). We've already seens that previous gen games can be streamed, so the cloud isn't a hoax.

Nintendo is probably working on a new console too, rumours say it's more powerfull than the ps4 & xboxone. Interesting times, but I would never be as stupid to buy a playstation. The only good system sony made was the playstation one and they only got lucky there because they used a chip for 3d , while the others were still gambling on 2d. That and the cd. The PS 2 was weak, the ps3 was unbalanced with crap services and the ps4 is a 5 year old pc lol.

In the meantime a dayz screenshot (a game that the consoles don't have and couldn't run either lol)

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Your talking outta you ass. Playstation has always been about marathon. Heck, PS1 games are still popping up these days, however, where are all the xbox one games?

Bit of a hollow victory when the competitor caught up in no time and ended up being the better console with most exclusives lol. But sure 360 'won' last gen, I doubt people would agree with the particulars though. ;). So much for that year head start hey? They could have used it this gen. Jesus christ did they need it.

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

They are both fat and out of shape, which shows neither system was ready to race. lol!!

That's PS4 catching up with dat 360 success that MS dropped. We all know that the fella in the front gets chow downed upon. ;)

Caught up in no time? You can't possibly be serious with that statement unless you think 7 years is no time. I remember when the PS3 launched, it was supposed to have caught up and pass the 360 within the 1st year let alone barely catch up 7 years later.

Better console?Hardly with it's inferior multiplats or did all those games that ran and looked better on the 360 not count? Most exlcusives yet the 360 had well over 100+ more games. Go figure huh.

The Wii won and Sony came in last or at the very least tied for 2nd. Pretty big decline considering the huge user base they had in the 5th and 6th gens.

How ever you view it, it's an extremely hollow victory. The competitor caught up and bested the opposition despite perks and advantages. If 360 was the juggernaut it was at the start of last gen all the way up to the end of last gen, PS3 would have been no where in sight.

Umm no the 360 was David and the PS3 was supposed to be Goliath. MS did exactly what they set out to do, gain market share and make Xbox an house hold name. Sony did the exact opposite by losing MASSIVE market share, losing ALL of the money they made with the PS1 & PS2 and basically forcing Sony's hand this gen. Sony was the clear loser even IF they managed to catch up and you can bet Sony thought the same thing. Why else would they hide PS3 sales with combined PS2 sales?

Don't try and pretend Sony were the underdogs here. This is why you clowns are considered the jokes of SWs.

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

xboxone is a outdated pos

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@steamistrash said:

Amen to dat brotha.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 commander

@alcapello said:

@steamistrash said:

Amen to dat brotha.

the ps4 is a 5 year old pc lol, these consoles are a joke

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

MS really needs to find a way to gain control of the U.S and UK again before the PS4 gets too far away. Great job Sony for not letting MS dominate those markets again. At this rate, I expect the PS4 to have 9-10 million sales by June

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

if ms dropped the retarded kinect then maybe something would happen.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Umm no the 360 was David and the PS3 was supposed to be Goliath. MS did exactly what they set out to do, gain market share and make Xbox an house hold name. Sony did the exact opposite by losing MASSIVE market share, losing ALL of the money they made with the PS1 & PS2 and basically forcing Sony's hand this gen. Sony was the clear loser even IF they managed to catch up and you can bet Sony thought the same thing. Why else would they hide PS3 sales with combined PS2 sales?

Don't try and pretend Sony were the underdogs here. This is why you clowns are considered the jokes of SWs.

Don't try and be Kuu2 on this board you're still at irrelevant lem status. Come up with your own lines.

PS2 would have been the Goliath, as the PS3 came a whole year late. But even though it was a launch mess it came back from the grave while MS got cocky and stopped providing content to what was a successful 360 launch. MS dropped the ball and it bounced away from them even further with the production of the Xbone. At the start of the gen the PS3 was a laughing stock and it came back, of course they were the underdogs. You're cute.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

@soapman72 said:

You can't have a marathon if you stumble at the start

Last gen Sony all but cut their feet off at the beginning of theirs.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

you got proof that ps3 was last?

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

He is correct, they haven't even been released a year (x1 and ps4)

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I haven't seen either system really putting out anything decent to brag about so maybe they should both stop worrying about track and field events and concentrate on putting out some decent content for their platforms...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

why is @FreedomFreeLife@kuu2@blackace in here?

this isn't a mrxmedia thread

It's a Microsoft thread, so that's probably why you are in here. lol!!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blackace

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

You have to thank Japan for PS3 catching up, as that was really the only market the PS3 really bested the 360 in. Remove Japan from the equation and even with Europe included, the XBox 360 easily beat PS3 by millions of units. The last announcement of sales from Sony & Microsoft, the Xbox 360 was still ahead. In the end, The Wii won last gen anyways, not the PS3 or XBox 360.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

You'd think of ALL people, cows would most understand this, after the disastrous launch of the PS3 which went on to actually almost reach the 360.

Guess cows have clouded memory. The PS4 has outsold the XOne for a few months, therefore its destined to win the gen. L O L

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@blackace said:

@killatwill15 said:

read what you wrote, does that make any sense?

oh wait I forgot you are blackface, pretending to be something you are not, as always.

I think mrxmedia just took a dump,

you better dig through it and find out if its stacked!

L

O

L

:D

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By commander

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

X1 is in a wheelchair. PS4 is inside a car. Who do you think will win this so called 'marathon'?

And it's all uphill!

The x1 is an a wheelchair, the ps4 is in a better model of a wheelchair

the pc is in a plane lol

These guys, think that difference between the x1 and ps4 is gonna make a difference. 3 frames more per second is going to do shitballs lol

What is going to do something is that mid range pc's outclass the ps4 like with double the power.

Let's not mention high end pc's or top end or pc's next year or in two years, the next gen (bwahaha) consoles just got released.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kingtito

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Don't try and be Kuu2 on this board you're still at irrelevant lem status. Come up with your own lines.

PS2 would have been the Goliath, as the PS3 came a whole year late. But even though it was a launch mess it came back from the grave while MS got cocky and stopped providing content to what was a successful 360 launch. MS dropped the ball and it bounced away from them even further with the production of the Xbone. At the start of the gen the PS3 was a laughing stock and it came back, of course they were the underdogs. You're cute.

You're an idiot cow. Your opinion is irrelevant, especially when it comes to MS and Sony.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blackace

@killatwill15 said:

@blackace said:

@killatwill15 said:

oh wait I forgot you are blackface, pretending to be something you are not, as always.

L

O

L

He took a dump on your face. I know who I am. Too bad many people on here don't. lol!! Yes, I know exactly what I wrote. Trolls like you flock to Microsoft/XB1 threads. You need to dig and crawl back under your rock. lol!!

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@Wasdie said:

The Xbox One is running a marathon with a 100 lb Kinect weight on its back.

lmao

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@blackace said:

@killatwill15 said:

@blackace said:

@killatwill15 said:

L

O

L

He took a dump on your face. I know who I am. Too bad many people on here don't. lol!! Yes, I know exactly what I wrote. Trolls like you flock to Microsoft/XB1 threads. You need to dig and crawl back under your rock. lol!!

why do you keep quoting me?

im not mrxmedia,

don't speak until they make another thread about his blog,

because you are in every one of them,

a smear of stinky evidence like shit on your shorts.

the only troll is you because you abide by false information,

you are a lemming,

don't pretend other wise,

ok blackface?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

X1 is in a wheelchair. PS4 is inside a car. Who do you think will win this so called 'marathon'?

And it's all uphill!

the pc is in a plane lol

These guys, think that difference between the x1 and ps4 is gonna make a difference. 3 frames more per second is going to do shitballs lol

What is going to do something is that mid range pc's outclass the ps4 like with double the power.

Let's not mention high end pc's or top end or pc's next year or in two years, the next gen (bwahaha) consoles just got released.

wake the fk up and look at imfamous. Nothing on x1 looks anywhere near as good and when you include the fact that its an open world game... The difference is there and its pretty obvious by now.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 commander

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

And it's all uphill!

the pc is in a plane lol

wake the fk up and look at imfamous. Nothing on x1 looks anywhere near as good and when you include the fact that its an open world game... The difference is there and its pretty obvious by now.

infamous doesn't even have dynamic shadows. The game doesn't impress me at all. Gta IV looks better on my pc.

Both consoles are weak as fk, I think it is you that need to do the waking up

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

Lol @ Phil with TitanFall since the second is going multiplatform, but yea it is to early to tell what's going to happen. And yea right now Xbox is not doing as well as PS4 but they could turn it around, in a way I'm kind of glad since MS got cocky last gen for a while and this seems to be humbling them, either way it is to early tell but MS needs to get a bunch new IPs and can't rely just on halo/ gears this gen.

I bet you Titanfall 2 doesn't show up the PS4.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

And it's all uphill!

the pc is in a plane lol

infamous doesn't even have dynamic shadows. The game doesn't impress me at all. Gta IV looks better on my pc.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By silversix_

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

And it's all uphill!

the pc is in a plane lol

perfectly awake and played everything good looking maxed/close to maxed. You are 1- sleeping. 2-butthurt that you can't play this game and don't want to admit how good this game looks. This is impressive graphics for a linear experience but Infamous isn't, its an open world game with better graphics than on rail button mashers like Ryse has.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 silversix_

Eurogamer: "Also worthy of note is the implementation of state-of-the-art anti-aliasing, believed to be a variant of SMAA T2X, as found in Crysis 3. This is one of the best post-process anti-aliasing techniques we've seen, combining a new take on MLAA with a temporal element. Edge-smoothing is phenomenal, and while there is some ghosting, it is not any kind of real distraction during gameplay.". Sharpest game ever released on a home console confirmed.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By commander

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

And it's all uphill!

the pc is in a plane lol

perfectly awake and played everything good looking maxed/close to maxed. You are 1- sleeping. 2-butthurt that you can't play this game and don't want to admit how good this game looks. This is impressive graphics for a linear experience but in this game its an open world game lol gtfo with your its not impressive looking.

I will never be butthurt over a sony exclusive, everytime I tried them, I thought they were shallow.

I'm not impressed because the only thing that makes it look good is the higher resolution. I'm already used to this for years on my pc. Only there's a lot more going than this

High res makes things look a lot better but it's nothing new and infamous is missing a lot of things in the shadowing , lightining, reflection and texture quality departement. The view distance is low too, not to mention the low fps.

Even if it's open world , gta Iv in high res looks better to me and this game is 6 years old. Apart from that, I don't like the prototype ish gameplay, so yeah no reason why I would want to play infamous. Make sure you watch it in 1080p.

Loading Video...

I know this one is modded, but I play liberty city stories now (which is the same city) and it just look the same. It has also high res textures, dynamic shadowning, real time reflections and much better lightning.

So no I'm far from impressed

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Where are the facts?

Oh and kingtit 100+ more games? Your an inspiration for birth control.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

Lol @ Phil with TitanFall since the second is going multiplatform, but yea it is to early to tell what's going to happen. And yea right now Xbox is not doing as well as PS4 but they could turn it around, in a way I'm kind of glad since MS got cocky last gen for a while and this seems to be humbling them, either way it is to early tell but MS needs to get a bunch new IPs and can't rely just on halo/ gears this gen.

I bet you Titanfall 2 doesn't show up the PS4.

Do you even read news? Respawn is giving EA the rights to Titanfall, They own the rights or will own the rights to it, not MS, so I bet you it does.

Edit Sources:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/titanfall-2-will-reportedly-be-published-by-ea

http://www.ibtimes.com/titanfall-2-release-date-coming-sequel-be-developed-electronic-arts-1562692

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5526942/report-ea-lands-deal-for-titanfall-2-sequel-wont-be-microsoft

http://www.craveonline.ca/gaming/articles/653445-analyst-titanfall-2-wont-be-xbox-exclusive-former-ea-ceo-thought-ms-would-kick-sonys-butt-next-gen

Enough proof for you?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#85 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They're not happy at the fact that the Xbox One is not the prime entertainment box in your living room.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

You're an idiot cow. Your opinion is irrelevant, especially when it comes to MS and Sony.

Translation: I am a dumb lemming and I have nothing else to say because I got bested and owned by a cow. I feel ashamed and bitter and will reconsider my lem life and sell my 'bone to buy a Ngage.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#88 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

"This is a marathon, not a sprint" is pretty much just a damage control phrase. Sony used it when asked about the Vita.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts
@kuu2 said:

He is totally right. Price is the prohibiting factor and with the sales increase we have seen from The One in the end it will be the games that matter. A price drop will help the console but not as much as games. Last gen Sony launched with a $600 console and absolutely no games. This gen MSoft launched at $500 and has depth in most genres, driving, platformers, shooters. In the US it is selling well, and in the UK it is picking up as well. The premature celebration for Sony is funny to see and expected with a cheaply made console.

Yet 90%+ of Lems said last gen that the PS3 had no chance of catching the 360. Heck MS also stated the 360 would outsell the PS3 at an E3. LOL

Lems told cows over and over and over that a year headstart and priced $200 higher for 3 years was just an excuse for why we said the PS3 was behind in sales. No those are prohibiting facts that lowered sales vs the 360.

Now the PS4 and X1 come out at the same time and only $100 difference and the PS4 sales more.

Lol Lemmings!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 clr84651

Imagine what the PS4 would do the the X1 if it had the advantages that the 360 had over the PS3!

The fact that the PS3 came back against those odds is very impressive.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts

@clr84651 said:

Imagine what the PS4 would do the the X1 if it had the advantages that the 360 had over the PS3!

The fact that the PS3 came back against those odds is very impressive.

I would never count Sony out....

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Well.... yeah.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@clr84651: And 100% of Cows said the PS3 would catch the 36o after a year. Oh by the way there is absolutely no proof that the PS3 ever caught the 36o and it definitely didn't before the WiiU came out.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kingtito

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Translation: I am a dumb lemming and I have nothing else to say because I got bested and owned by a cow. I feel ashamed and bitter and will reconsider my lem life and sell my 'bone to buy a Ngage.

Whatever helps you sleep at night kid.

Cows, the jokes of SWs.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@alcapello said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night kid.

Cows, the jokes of SWs.

Kingtito; Just trying to stay relevant.

Talk to me again when you actually have something worth saying, bottomlem.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kingtito

@misterpmedia: And yet you keep responding to me.

Cows, the jokes of SWs.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 clr84651

@kuu2 said:

@clr84651: And 100% of Cows said the PS3 would catch the 36o after a year. Oh by the way there is absolutely no proof that the PS3 ever caught the 36o and it definitely didn't before the WiiU came out.

100% of Cows did not say that. Most said it would catch the 360 in 4-5 year's time. Most thought about 1-1.5 sooner than it did. You're making crap up!

And everyone knows the PS3 caught up and passed the 360 in sales. Again you're making crap up.

I'm sure you said these obvious lies just to annoy me. I'm sure you also believe the X1 is ahead of the PS4. LOL

http://gamerant.com/playstation-3-sales-80-million/

Sony has long since turned things around for their home console. Earlier this year the PlayStation 3 managed to catch-up and pass Microsoft’s Xbox 360 in total worldwide sales. It took the system several redesigns, lower price-points, and an improved marketing strategy to go along with Blu-rays catching on, but Sony can celebrate the fact that the PlayStation 3 is widely popular and still a platform worth developing for, even with the PS4 releasing this month.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

The Xbox 360 has been ahead of PlayStation 3 in the global sales race since the first day the PS3 was released in 2006. But according to a new forecast report summarized by Games Industry International, the PlayStation 3 has officially taken the lead in units shipped.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=news&y=2013&m=01&d=10&WeblogPostName=playstation-3-worldwide-sales-eclipse-xbox-360&GroupKeys=

While the general perception is that this generation has been "won" by Microsoft -- largely due to the Xbox 360's dominance in North America -- analyst firm IDC's data now shows a slight advantage for Sony's PlayStation 3.

In a new report entitled "Worldwide Video Game and Entertainment Console Hardware and Packaged Software 2012-2016," IDC says that Sony passed Microsoft's worldwide numbers in the recent holiday season. PlayStation 3's worldwide sales numbers now stand at 77 million, compared to Xbox 360's 76 million.

This near dead heat is surprisingly, considering that Sony got a late start in this generation, and has struggled to catch Microsoft in the U.S. and Canada. It's also worth noting that -- despite the previous conventional wisdom -- the video game market in this generation was robust enough to support not one, but three, successful home game consoles (including Nintendo's Wii).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts

@kuu2 said:

LOL whatever it takes to let you sleep at night. But if we're going that route...then there is no proof of any console sales. So how do we know the 360 sold as much as claimed? You can't have it both ways dude....

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clr84651

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

LOL whatever it takes to let you sleep at night. But if we're going that route...then there is no proof of any console sales. So how do we know the 360 sold as much as claimed? You can't have it both ways dude....

He has to be just saying crap to annoy us. Cows said 4-5 years out it would outsell the 360, about 1-1.5 years sooner than it did.

I showed him plenty of proof the PS3 caught and passed the 360 in sales. I'm sure he will deny those 3 site's articles stating it though.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clr84651
@I_can_haz said:

Gap is widening, no way Xbone is gonna beat PS4 in this race.

It's way too early to say that. Lems said there was no way the PS3 could catch the 360 with a year behind and $200 more.