Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Revan_911 said:

Wow...basically a feminist developer had sex with five guys including journalists to get around in the industry and every website and reddit mod is trying to cover it up.

And these are the people that act like they have the moral high ground, call everyone sexist and hamper gaming development with their non issues.

DING DING DING DING!!

Gaming journalist are so full of shit. I feel stupid for ever believing otherwise.

Seeing the lengths some sites are going to keep this story off their boards is sickening. Come out and deny the claims and quit being cowards. Deleting threads and posts only makes you all look guilty.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@jsmoke03 said:

lol ive been reading all his tweets....on one hand, i can understand where he is coming from....on the other hand, i just wish this guy should see the errors in how he presents it. im also misunderstood and often angry, but being combative isnt going to make life better. he is fighting the wrong fight despite the fact that its true that a lot of gamers are douches

Also, Fish's buddy banged the chick in question too.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#153 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Pretty much my opinion

Loading Video...

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#154 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

This is awesome, laughed my ass off with this Phil Fish guy and what that girl did to her borfriend. Somewhat she deserves it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#155  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: He made some good points that I agree with. I don't outright disagree with Phil Fish' points, but he is a fucking d*ckwipe.

Phil Fish is an attention whore. Nothing more, nothing less.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The problem with phil is that he's exactly the type of person he always complains about and says he hates. He's whiny and entitled.

He lives for drama and loves nothing more than when the internet actually pays attention to him. Fez is a great game and he loved hearing people praise it and when all that hype died down he started doing other shit that got him that sort of media attention. Sure he raises a good point here and there but he does so in the most asinine way possible and is a complete douche nozzle to a great many people.

Cancelling games just because people aren't nice to him is such an egotistical thing to do.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 uninspiredcup  Online

@seanmcloughlin said:

Cancelling games just because people aren't nice to him is such an egotistical thing to do.

The guy in that 5 whatever video pins a wholly different reason. One that seems far more creditable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 lundy86_4

@seanmcloughlin: Excellent point. It's funny how he "cancelled" some games this time around. I wonder... Did they actually exist?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

The problem with phil is that he's exactly the type of person he always complains about and says he hates. He's whiny and entitled.

He lives for drama and loves nothing more than when the internet actually pays attention to him. Fez is a great game and he loved hearing people praise it and when all that hype died down he started doing other shit that got him that sort of media attention. Sure he raises a good point here and there but he does so in the most asinine way possible and is a complete douche nozzle to a great many people.

Especially when you were never a pleasant person to interact with in the first place. You can't spit in someones face and expect be greeted warmly.

Although if you read through the tweets from people defending him, maybe that will just have to remain an enigma. They get shit on and still praise this asshole and not just his past work, but his behavior as a whole.

It's sickening.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
@GoldenElementXL said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Revan_911 said:

Wow...basically a feminist developer had sex with five guys including journalists to get around in the industry and every website and reddit mod is trying to cover it up.

And these are the people that act like they have the moral high ground, call everyone sexist and hamper gaming development with their non issues.

DING DING DING DING!!

Gaming journalist are so full of shit. I feel stupid for ever believing otherwise.

Seeing the lengths some sites are going to keep this story off their boards is sickening. Come out and deny the claims and quit being cowards. Deleting threads and posts only makes you all look guilty.

Same here.

One thing though, if all that's true, then she shows many signs of being a sociopath, in the sense of being anti-social, not liking other people (has no alterity, or "otherness" what-so-ever) and uses people for her own personal ambitions, suffering no moral repercussions (no guilt, no remorse, which is an expected common collateral effect of said actions), like shown in another post in this thread. The same would go for the guys that allegedly slept with her in exchange for professional favors.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 The_Last_Ride

@lundy86_4 said:

@The_Last_Ride: He made some good points that I agree with. I don't outright disagree with Phil Fish' points, but he is a fucking d*ckwipe.

People are begging him to make a sequel and he just tells them to **** off? Just because he can

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 lundy86_4

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lundy86_4 said:

People are begging him to make a sequel and he just tells them to **** off? Just because he can

He needs a lesson in humility. Unfortunately, online interactions don't often provide that.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

This Phil Fish guy thinks we actually care about him cancelling some wacky indie-garbage he'll pull out of his ass. Hahaha funny.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

lol these type of people are making trolling so much more fun that it is :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 The_Last_Ride

@lundy86_4 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lundy86_4 said:

He needs a lesson in humility. Unfortunately, online interactions don't often provide that.

He also told Marcus Beer to kill himself aswell

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#167  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Phil Fish is a moron always seeking for attention,what else is new.

The more important subject is how that woman is getting herself hooked up with gaming journalists that have promoted/defended/white knighted her and her product in the past and none of the traditional gaming press is even mentioning that anywhere,sweep it all under the rug.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@lundy86_4: I doubt it. Is it just me or does he act like FEZ was wholly his? Didn't others create the engine, etc? I bet there's no sequels because he actually can't program a game--he was simply the designer and took five years to make the levels.

Perhaps the deal--going off what I remember from that flick--was that fez could be released but the other members then retained the rights to the parts they played in its production.

If fish took x amount of time for a sequal and it was simply more levels, it'd get panned.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

"Years from now we'll look back on this week and wonder why we never kept better tabs on which penises Zoe Quinn had kept surreptitiously inside of her all along."

Neolaugh

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

Her cheating on her boy friend has absolutely nothing to do with her career.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 uninspiredcup  Online
@lundy86_4 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Ship him off to Iraq.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@MrYaotubo said:

... she did it to further her career, sleeping with talents inside the industry for positive exposure of her projects.

I can't see how that doesn't have anything to do with her career and it would be something to write about when a reviewers bias is in question thanks to bribes aka sex.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#174 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

BTW, Gone Home only got the awards and reviews it did because of bullshit game journalism too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

@MrYaotubo said:

... she did it to further her career, sleeping with talents inside the industry for positive exposure of her projects.

I can't see how that doesn't have anything to do with her career and it would be something to write about when a reviewers bias is in question thanks to bribes aka sex.

Then people should focus on that part. Note that the image does not mention that at all.

I'm not defending her actions, but a lot of people are saying incredibly stupid stuff. Some for what ever reason are bringing feminism into this.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#176 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@-Unreal-: No doubt on that one. An expensive walking simulator game of the year? Hmm. Wonder why.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By SambaLele

@toast_burner said:

@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Then people should focus on that part. Note that the image does not mention that at all.

I'm not defending her actions, but a lot of people are saying incredibly stupid stuff. Some for what ever reason are bringing feminism into this.

It seems some are bringin feminism into this because it's also being used as a shield to play the victim card on her part, which's allegedly not the first time it happens. But I agree, the fact that she cheated her boyfriend (if true) is not pertinent to the issue of gaming journalism ethics, but a personal issue of hers. Also, there will surely be many that attack feminism out of the blue, just because they see no difference between it and misandry (a fact common to both SJW and anti-SJW).

The focus should be in the fact that she slept with (allegedly, this comment is directed to the possibility of it being true) 5 men that could help her use the liaison for personal gain is a serious issue concerning different aspects of the industry, from game development to publishing and gaming journalism...

And the fact that no major websites talk about it is either a sympton that this is not actually true... or that it's too damaging to their businesses to talk about. Just like with the Dan Shoe Hsu (when he dennounced the way publishers and devs can affect a reviewer's bias with gifts and special treatment for game coverage) and Jeff Gerstmann (getting fired for issuing a low score for a game heavily advertised on the site) situations, when facts about unethical practices in the industry were disclosed but omitted from many important media outlets in order to save face.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

He seems happy.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#179 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@SambaLele said:

@toast_burner said:

It seems some are bringin feminism into this because it's also being used as a shield to play the victim card on her part, which's allegedly not the first time it happens. But I agree, the fact that she cheated her boyfriend (if true) is not pertinent to the issue of gaming journalism ethics, but a personal issue of hers. Also, there will surely be many that attack feminism out of the blue, just because they see no difference between it and misandry (a fact common to both SJW and anti-SJW).

The focus should be in the fact that she slept with (allegedly, this comment is directed to the possibility of it being true) 5 men that could help her use the liaison for personal gain is a serious issue concerning different aspects of the industry, from game development to publishing and gaming journalism...

And the fact that no major websites talk about it is either a sympton that this is not actually true... or that it's too damaging to their businesses to talk about. Just like with the Dan Shoe Hsu (when he dennounced the way publishers and devs can affect a reviewer's bias with gifts and special treatment for game coverage) and Jeff Gerstmann (getting fired for issuing a low score for a game heavily advertised on the site) situations, when facts about unethical practices in the industry were disclosed but omitted from many important media outlets in order to save face.

Why hasn't there been an ethical discussion in gaming though?

Shouldnt it be had?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

#Wakethefuckup

Zoe and craptaku have a surprise waiting for them at PAX, this is getting live people.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Had I known Fez was one of his games, I would not have purchased it.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

This person is not fit for the internet, maybe not even this world.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#183  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

I don't know about you but... Phil Fish kinda creeps me out now, he actually fantasises about killing us in a fire:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Hey getting youtube videos taken down with false copyright claims and shutting down charities that encourage women to get into game development does though.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@toast_burner said:

@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Y'know what, it doesn't matter that she had sex.

What matters is that she has lied consistently about nearly every point she has tried to defend. Blaming others for her own unprofessional behavior, claims to get doxxed, doesn't get doxxed, etc.

The fact she had burgers at 5 guys behind her boyfriends back does however play into her character, further calling attention to her bullshit.

That's not even getting into the false copyright claims and censorship of this whole debacle. It's a massive affront to free speech, I'm just glad that now people who actually have a voice can be heard instead of drowned out by the SJW.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 SambaLele
@Animal-Mother said:

Why hasn't there been an ethical discussion in gaming though?

Shouldnt it be had?

Of course it should, don't you think so?

Why hasn't there been one? My opinion: because there's never been enough pressure from the audience for there to be such a discussion.

If people continue accessing the sites normally and generate revenue as they always do, even when getting wind of unethical practices like we do sometimes, why have that discussion? I'm saying this from a business pov, not my personal one.

It's common knowledge that many reviewers and even journalists (whom select which news to give more attention to, which deserves a better place on the first page, or even how to voice and present the news) are treated differently by different studios they'll be covering (like Ubisoft giving free Nexus tablets to journalists that were going to cover Watch Dogs for them). What can a big publisher do to get an upper hand? What can an indie dev do to that end?

These practices have been routine, especially from the upper 90s onwards, and Dan Hsu pointed to that in his blog entry "Editorial Integrity" (which can't be accessed anymore it seems, sadly, because it showed how complex is the relationship between gaming media and devs&publishers, and how the influence by corruption occurs on many levels, be it blatant or subtle). Trying to bring this discussion to the table didn't do his career any good.

This is, obviously, a discussion not only worth having, but a necessary one, mainly because gamers are the most affected, the audience of both sides of the gaming industry - media and devs/publishers. Of course there are others that are affected, because that symbiosis between both sides generates an environment resistant to meritocracy, new relevant competition (big competition in the media), and banalizes nepotism (or "networking", "having the right connections" if an euphemism is preferable). I can't see how consumers profit from that.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Y'know what, it doesn't matter that she had sex.

What matters is that she has lied consistently about nearly every point she has tried to defend. Blaming others for her own unprofessional behavior, claims to get doxxed, doesn't get doxxed, etc.

The fact she had burgers at 5 guys behind her boyfriends back does however play into her character, further calling attention to her bullshit.

That's not even getting into the false copyright claims and censorship of this whole debacle. It's a massive affront to free speech, I'm just glad that now people who actually have a voice can be heard instead of drowned out by the SJW.

Sleeping with your boss is a big professional ethics' violation. Does not depend on character or circunstances. It's something that can even affect your colleagues and the projects you're working on. I'm not assuming that everything exposed is true, but it seems that the woman admitted to a great part of it, even when called out by the wife of one of the guys mentioned by her ex-bf...

Well, this episode is certainly not something that should be ignored, but it's certainly not something to be taken personally against the "culprit". There's not one part to take all the blame. If the ones behind it keep their door open to such things, if it didn't happen to that one girl, it would happen to someone other. It's a bigger problem than the episode itself. The dev involved will already be "punished" with the inevitable loss of credibility, but what about the other ones involved, what about the companies they work for and the medium these companies work in? Probably, nothing will happen to any of them (linked for the totilo's tweets, not for the patrick guy's message, I guess he's a victim here - I don't know what the proofs there are against him), and everything will continue exactly the same. What about the common dodging or suppressing the issue on most outlets? I'd guess it's to avoid the effect on raising awareness on these issues. It's worked before many times.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#187 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

The video game industry delivers in drama.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#188 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: jontron is so based

Meanwhile Arin is retweeting Anita Starscream and whining about personal attacks and shit

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Shinobishyguy said:

@ReadingRainbow4: jontron is so based

Meanwhile Arin is retweeting Anita Starscream and whining about personal attacks and shit

Well Arin is bitch made. Jon gives no fucks about offending the current establishment and tells it like it is.

Definitely something we need more of.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: it sucks because I really like Danny, but Arin is insufferable sometimes

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

I didn't know who phil fish was before all of this, and he's made a terrible first impression. Tut tut phil.

This scandal sounds like a tedious plot from an episode of eastenders but seems to have brough attention to a lot of dodginess within the industry so I hope this doesn't just get forgotten about.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ReadingRainbow4
Loading Video...

Looooooooool.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#193  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

My thoughts on this whole subject.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Who the **** is Phil Fish?

He seems to be white knighting this Zoe person, who according to the internet slept with 5 guys (hoes are like icebergs, you only see %10 above the water, she prolly banged 50 guys you never even knew about.)

Anyway I don't see how any of this is relevant other than sleeping with people for better Kotaku scores.

And that's why I trust Metacritic more.

TL;DR nobody cares

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@lundy86_4 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Indeed, he's an asshole

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#196 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

I will say.........the guy has a point.

Fanboys today are terrible

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Especially when you were never a pleasant person to interact with in the first place. You can't spit in someones face and expect be greeted warmly.

Although if you read through the tweets from people defending him, maybe that will just have to remain an enigma. They get shit on and still praise this asshole and not just his past work, but his behavior as a whole.

It's sickening.

He's a huge hypocrite. He wants to remain relevant any way he can so if he can't do that the normal way then he drums up controversy

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

How many times would Zoe have to screw Phil to get a sequel?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@schu said:

I think the real question is "How many people would Phil have to screw to not get laughed the **** back under his bridge if he ever tries to release another game?"

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@darkspineslayer said:

@schu said:

I think the real question is "How many people would Phil have to screw to not get laughed the **** back under his bridge if he ever tries to release another game?"

Well, he's got his own special secret for making a fantastic game.