People Can Fly (Painkiller and bulletstorm) CEO Says Their AAA Shooter Is Much More Ambitious Than It Originally Was

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

[It was] pitched back in 2015. The ambition around this game and the scope of the game grew over time, so it is a much bigger, much more ambitious project than what we pitched back in 2015. It is the same exact idea that we had back then.

I can only say good things about the cooperation with Square Enix. [There is a] separate, dedicated team at Square Enix that is helping us with our development design-wise, tech-wise, production-wise, and art-wise. [They are] taking responsibly of distribution, sales, and marketing of the game.

Wonder what it can be. pretty sure it will be a SP FPS because thats what studio make.

and maybe it will be different from painkiller and bulletstorm formula. pretty interested what it could be.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I always thought there would be a sequel for bulletstorm. I swear the ending left that open.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever

@Random_Matt said:

I always thought there would be a sequel for bulletstorm. I swear the ending left that open.

there was but it was cancelled and thus ip was aquired by people can fly once again. so there can be in future.

althought bulletstorm was ok game. its not a game that really need a sequel or we can die for its sequel.

lets see how thier new FPS turn out.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Painkiller is still one of my favorite FPS games to this day. Effin classic

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Interested in seeing what this game is as I really enjoyed Bulletstorm. Definitely would like to see a sequel for that game somewhere down the road as well.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I hope it's not as linear as Bulletstorm. It's the most linear game I ever played. I liked the game. But, it was a pain going through an ordinary-looking door then suddenly realizing I'm cut off from the resupply machine and I'm low on ammo/supplies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I hope it's not as linear as Bulletstorm. It's the most linear game I ever played. I liked the game. But, it was a pain going through an ordinary-looking door then suddenly realizing I'm cut off from the resupply machine and I'm low on ammo/supplies.

If it's an arena shooter it most likely will be.

Go to area > Get floodded with enemies > rinse and repeat for the next 4-5 hours.

Was never too keen on Painkiller. Shadow Warrior at least has some level and direction among all the arenas.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

If it's an arena shooter it most likely will be.

Go to area > Get floodded with enemies > rinse and repeat for the next 4-5 hours.

Was never too keen on Painkiller. Shadow Warrior at least has some level and direction among all the arenas.

yeah didnot liked painkiller that much. if its ambitious project. it be better have level design.

in painkiller enemies are only running at you. not very interesting. bulletstorm was ok.