PC owners and gamers, what do you think about Mac?

• 197 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Generally speaking, PC owners and gamers seem to hold Mac in some kind of giggling contempt. At least, that's what I thought, it appears as though a lot of them usually own Apple products for their non gaming needs, and only use PCs for gaming and power computing.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is- what do you think of Mac? And why? And just to ensure this remains System Wars legal, do you think that the Mac App Store is better than the Windows Store by Microsoft, and could it lead to Mac having better support for proprietary API? I don't believe any of that nonsense, but I have to put it there to keep it System Wars legal

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't think anything of them. The only time I use Macs is if that's the only type of computer available in the lab that I'm working in (which always sucks).

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Nothing. I don't use it because it's not good for vidya.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I bought a Mac to learn OSX and the funny part is I use Parallels to run Windows X on it more. :P Like the hardware, but hate the OS. That is the same issue I have with the iPad and iPhone. I love the hardware, but for whatever reason I do not like iOS. I am more of a Windows and Google fan.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

I don't think about Mac

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

I use a MacBook Pro for work, it's an excellent machine if you do real graphics work, web development etc... and want something that has a Unix terminal on one-end and color-calibration and excellent Adobe support on the other.

For gaming? God no. It's not that OSX can't game, it's that you never want a PC gaming platform with a fixed GPU. I built my system in Summer 2012 with an i5-3450 and 16gb of DDR3. I upgraded my GPU to an RX 480 this Fall for Overwatch, for a cost of $200. Imagine if I had a fixed GPU, and had to spend $1800 replacing my entire PC to get a pre-built with a comparable GPU. It would be absurd. When I want a new CPU in a few months (probably going 8-core Zen if it's good) I'm not saddled with also having to throw away my GPU, power supply, case, etc...

Apple needs to get a low-cost modular system if they want to attract PC gamers, if the Mac Mini were updated to be an ITX system with a swappable GPU for around $1000, it would be a decent value in that market space, since ITX and mini systems are generally more expensive to build if you want quality components.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Don't think about it

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

At least the hardware is aesthetically appealing.

If Steve Jobs were still alive (and actually revolutionizing hardware, rather than just keeping up with the status quo), services like Steam, Origin, UPlay, etc all had 100% support on the MAC platform and the hardware didn't cost an arm and a leg more than the equivalent Windows platform, I could easily see converting to an Apple product.

But that's not the case, so I will continue to use a proper PC platform rather than go for the fashion accessory.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I think very little of it and outside of some limited proprietary software it's completely outclassed by a Windows based PC.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I have zero use for Mac, but I know there are certain instances and in certain employment fields where Mac is the go-to. For me, it's about gaming, and for that Windows is the best option.

All that being said, the App store is far-and-away better than the Windows store. The Windows Store needs some serious work, but it could definitely get better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Nothing more than a fashion statement or for those who are stuck in the early 2000s who think Windows is harder to use than Mac still.

Pricing is overboard... their decisions to limit user's configurations and then charge them out of the ASS for wanting things like a headphone jack is obsurd. Everyone has different needs, Microsoft and the normal PC world fill every niche possible, and I respect them more for it. (same with Linux).

It's much easier to brag how "stable LOL" a Mac is when there are a handful of models supported at one time. Compared to the competition which have 1000s to support.

The productivity myths are obsurd. and still more expensive than the EXACT SAME requirement (when it comes to hardware)... and the "unique" software you can count on one hand.... friggin ridiculous.

It's like the Nintendo of the PC world currently... only without a Mario or Zelda.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I just don't care about Mac.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Since changing jobs my only use for a computer is gaming, and MACs so far are terrible for gaming

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Might as well include iOS because it's part of the Mac and PC ecosystems. I like iOS. But, I absolutely hate the reliance of Apple on iTunes to sync and copy anything from a Mac or PC to iOS devices.

OSX? I like it. Mac hardware? I like the build quality, but not their bang for the buck.

We still have two old Mac Minis left at home. Pretty decent as spare computers.

One more beef I have with Apple is the limitations of what OSX versions can be installed on which hardware. My original Core Duo Mini is only allowed up to OSX 10.6.23 Snow Leo.

I don't depend much on the Mac Store or the Windows Store. Why should I when I can go to the home site of the apps and eliminate the BS middleman? I do that on iOS because I have no choice.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I use an I mac at my work. I can tell you the 5k screen is gorgeous. Not sure about playing games but abdobe programs run ultra fast and smooth where ms office runs like shit lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Night and day between IOS and Windows.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Nothing more than a fashion statement..

this ....for me

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I don't own any apple products and if it's gaming you want IOS is a complete waste of time.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Nothing against them, they're just not for me.

For gaming? You already know.

For work? Nope. Sticking to a Mac for game development, VFX, and animation is just working against yourself. It has gotten MUCH better in recent years, I'll give it that. I remember watching a couple of my Mac buddies waiting anxiously for the latest Zbrush release while I had already been enjoying the new tools for months. Said release got delayed so many times that the guys at Pixologic said "**** it, we'll just have to get you on the next release Mac guys". Though it has gotten better, there is still an ocean of major software packages and plugins that are not supported and likely never will be.

Mac users will forever be second class citizens in those industries.

I know some people still swear up and down that Mac is somehow better for graphics design and video editing, but even that's untrue. It's just the way they're marketed and nothing more. There is a strong legacy that keeps this idea alive, it really was true ages ago, but those days are long behind us.

Anyways, last time I used a Mac was in a Photoshop class in college... and they were running bootcamp on it anyways lol.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#20 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I don't think about Macs much to be frank. I generally just thought they were just trendy overpriced computers. Supposedly people that work with media like them though, probably because of some proprietary software you can only run on a mac? I do mostly simple word processing, printing and gaming on my PC.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

LOL

that's about it

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

I don't like it. It annoys me when the OS second guesses what I want it to do and Macs seem to do this more than Windows. It also seems they make direct access to settings more complicated just so fewer people will mess around with it and do something wrong. That being said, Windows 10 is starting to annoy me more and more with similar things. Then there's the fact that I use a computer mainly for gaming and not for what Macs truly shine at doing.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Their high end builds are over priced and their cheaper options are under powered.

Also people that say they are better for "media"... Yeah I have been a photographer for a decade now and my office has 4 builds with i7's with 16GB RAM hooked up to NEC 302's so no?

My wife owns a iMac... She watches youtube on it and browses emails. Mac's can be used "professionally" but from my experience and people I know they are just used by hipsters and people with money and no use of a system with so much power.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Gaming on OS X is dreadful. Mac computers are simply not designed for gaming. No one uses Metal and OpenGL performance, for the few games that are on OS X, is well behind DirectX performance. Sometimes that performance gap is so huge, you would see around twice the performance when using Windows/DirectX.

Productivity is also very far behind Windows, but that's not really a System Wars appropriate discussion, so I'll leave it there.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Mac is just dreadful, I dont understand why anyone uses it

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner  Online

@aigis said:

Somewhat similar to asking why people choose to game on consoles rather than PC.

For newer users? Ease of use.

For older users? Familiarity and specific software.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I think every single Apple product that came out in the past 10(+) years was overrated, overpriced, copied trash

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@aigis said:

Somewhat similar to asking why people choose to game on consoles rather than PC.

For newer users? Ease of use.

For older users? Familiarity and specific software.

I don't know. Their products are stupidly overpriced. You can get significantly better hardware (phones, tablets, computers, etc.) at a price far lower than any Apple equivalent.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@the_master_race said:

I don't think about Mac

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Style over substance and ridiculously overpriced. Think this goes for every Mac product ever made (at least in the last decade).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner  Online

@Lucianu said:

I don't know. Their products are stupidly overpriced. You can get significantly better hardware (phones, tablets, computers, etc.) at a price far lower than any Apple equivalent.

Yeah, for sure. Like I said, they're not for me. Guess I'm just trying to rationalize why others use them lol.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@Lucianu said:

Until these models with the touch bar came about Mac computers were not a lot more expensive than their PC counterparts. You paid a premium for superior build quality, design, much cheaper OS and most of all a far far better customer service.

Macs also retain their resale value for a long longer than PC's. You can always sell your old Macbook. Good luck selling your old crappy Dell laptop at a reasonable price.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Love my mac for most general uses and specific software applications, but just on a game compatibility level, Windows runs away with it.

Granted, gaming is literally all I use my windows machine for. But that's its thing.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Juub1990

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Style over substance and ridiculously overpriced. Think this goes for every Mac product ever made (at least in the last decade).

The fact that Macs are overpriced is highly exaggerated. Sure, compared to your shitty 500$ laptops Macbooks are prohibitively expensive. Go up the ladder and compare Macs to high-end laptops and you'll see they really aren't that expensive(well until the touch bar model came that is).

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/macs/macs-more-expensive.htm

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

From what I gather Macs are mostly for hipsters. Basically technological fashion accessories for easily hyped individuals.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

i have never actually heard one single compelling argument to use anything from apple. not one. i mean if you want a gaming PC with one hand tied behind its back for poops and giggels then stick linux on a proper PC and tinker.

i dont own anything from apple. i see no reason to change this.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

I think most everyone has hit the nail on the cons of a Mac.

I played around with the idea of buying a Macbook last year. I was going back to school and my wife and I moved into an apartment with no real room for a desktop setup so a laptop was what I needed (gave my decent, but aging, gaming PC to my brother). My wife had bought a brand new Macbook the year before for graduate studies (old one was pretty much shit at this point) and I really, really like the aesthetics and build quality of it. On those two points, I honestly think Macbooks shit on any Windows laptop but I just couldn't buy one considering the power and how much they cost. Ended up getting an ASUS gaming laptop that will last me much longer in terms of specs for what I want to do.

The deck was always stacked in favor of a Windows laptop anyway(wasn't ready to give up PC gaming either) but if Apple ever prices them relative to their power, I might seriously consider getting one in the future once I've switched back to a desktop.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Overpriced.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Juub1990

Knew I would have to educate a bunch of clueless nerds. Only @ConanTheStoner has some semblance of logic in his head. Here is why some people buy Macs(And you should never buy Macs for gaming):

1. Ease of use: Yes, as soon as you buy your Mac you just boot it, enter your Apple ID and you're good to go. You don't need to fiddle around with hundreds of drivers for your graphics card, sound card, network card or whatever the hell is in your PC. You got all your basic apps right there and one could use a Mac easily without having to download any additional software. It comes complete with easy to use apps like Photos, Keynote, Pages, Numbers and a bunch of others.

2. Software integration: You may argue iPhones and iPads suck but that's a different story. Mac OS has a terrific integration with iOS from iCloud to Continuity among other things. They work seamlessly and easily together. The Apple family of products interact very well with one another. Apple TV, Airport, Mac, iPods, iPads etc. They all have cross functionalites that can make the usage easier, faster and more productive.

3. Design: Like it or not but the way a product looks matters. Apple has the sleekest and by far the best designed products on the market. While Dell was busy making laptops that looked like a briefcase that got run over by a towtruck, Apple was making laptops that fitted into envelopes. The color, finish, weight, dimensions, all of these things are meticulously calculated to give the product a premium and stylish feel. They don't care for awful bulky computers encased in plastic.

4. Resale value: That ties down to point number 3. Macs and Apple products in general hold resale value much longer. A 15'' Macbook Pro from 2011 can be sold for over 500$ today if in good condition. Good luck convincing anyone to buy your old laptop from 2012 at anything over 10$.

5. Build quality: Most Mac configurations are pretty balanced. Apple won't scam you by putting a garbage 350W PSU in your SLI system. All the parts offer maximum compatibility, no bottleneck or conflicts. They're also for the most parts durable and reliable.

6. Customer service: Apple has far and away the best customer service among laptop/computer manufacturers. Got a warranty? Got to an Apple Store. They'll look at your problem and fix it. If a part needs to be replaced they will replace it. They won't ship your computer into some backcountry village on a different continent for 6 weeks only to return it to you in a worst state to then boldly claim you are responsible for the damage. Got a busted SSD/HDD? Call Apple. Photos isn't opening? Call Apple. Oh you want to give your mom a crash course on computer usage? Call Apple. If your crappy computer has a part that breaks, good luck getting a hold of the manufacturer who's opened from midnight to 3 am with a call center in the ass end of the jungle that will take over a month to ship you another defective replacement part. Ended up giving up to get my Corsair fan replaced because these idiots kept sending the wrong fan.

For gaming Mac is worthless(because duh, DX still owns the API game). For everyday use Mac is every bit as good as PC and the software support over the past few years has gotten a whole lot better. Gone are the days where 99% of software didn't work on Macs. Still, it's cringeworthy to see all of you guys bash a product you clearly haven't even given a chance and think is overpriced and garbage because it can't play games. Macs are terrific products for the average user to the productivity user. Too bad you gaming nerds are too narrow-minded to appreciate them.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Juub1990 said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

The fact that Macs are overpriced is highly exaggerated. Sure, compared to your shitty 500$ laptops Macbooks are prohibitively expensive. Go up the ladder and compare Macs to high-end laptops and you'll see they really aren't that expensive(well until the touch bar model came that is).

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/macs/macs-more-expensive.htm

Jesus christ that link is a just a mac fanboy trying to justify paying double for a mac. "Well if you include all the shitty software you'll never use on a mac ...". Look there are a very few things that mac books are great for, but for the vast majority of users it is utterly pointless to drop a grand on a laptop and if you want to game on a laptop its absolutely stupid to buy a macbook. I bought a Lenovo laptop for $600 ish (actually work reimbursed me) on sale from newegg. Not only does it run almost all games (runs FO4 at medium) at a decent level but it does everything I need for work. I tend to steam to it via stream from my desktop when I play in the living room.

Any desktop you build yourself will absolutely crush a pre-built mac for the same price (which also probably struggle to run a ton of games due to OS unless you run windows on it which further hurts its performance).

Not going to defend the crap MS store, but Apple, with its almost Bond baddy level of paranoia and desire for proprietary software and control, makes it absolutely horrible unless you are all in across the board on Apple products.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Hipster machine.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

People be crazy, Mac are great for gaming. Theyre the best balanced product money can buy. You get good battery life on Mac Books too.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Juub1990
@blue_hazy_basic said:

Any desktop you build yourself will absolutely crush a pre-built mac for the same price (which also probably struggle to run a ton of games due to OS unless you run windows on it which further hurts its performance).

To be fair iMacs are all in ones and they come with either a 4K or 5K IPS displays which are almost unrivaled in the current market. Older models came built in with a 1440p display which costed a lot more back when they were released. Add the fact that your Mac doesn't come complete with a bulky tower, is low power and quiet, the price difference is understandable.

Also, his article sucks and he is horrible at articulating his points but you have to look at the points he is making, not how he is making them. Software, integration, customer service, resale value, ease of use. These are all strengths of Macs. He's just terrible at presenting them.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Just like Alienware or Razer. Overpriced garbage.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@subrosian said:

I use a MacBook Pro for work, it's an excellent machine if you do real graphics work, web development etc... and want something that has a Unix terminal on one-end and color-calibration and excellent Adobe support on the other.

For gaming? God no. It's not that OSX can't game, it's that you never want a PC gaming platform with a fixed GPU. I built my system in Summer 2012 with an i5-3450 and 16gb of DDR3. I upgraded my GPU to an RX 480 this Fall for Overwatch, for a cost of $200. Imagine if I had a fixed GPU, and had to spend $1800 replacing my entire PC to get a pre-built with a comparable GPU. It would be absurd. When I want a new CPU in a few months (probably going 8-core Zen if it's good) I'm not saddled with also having to throw away my GPU, power supply, case, etc...

Apple needs to get a low-cost modular system if they want to attract PC gamers, if the Mac Mini were updated to be an ITX system with a swappable GPU for around $1000, it would be a decent value in that market space, since ITX and mini systems are generally more expensive to build if you want quality components.

Yooooooooo Subby, haven't see ya in an Asari's age!! Where ya been hiding? ?

I hear this all the time, but honestly I just don't see what a Mac can do for graphics applications that a Windows PC can't. And I am running the Adobe CC on my computer (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and it all runs great, very smooth and responsive. My specs being an FX 8350, GTX 1060, and 16 GB DDR3 (upgraded from FX 6300 and R9 380). It's not like there's a performance advantage to running Adobe or other productivity software on a Mac over a decent PC, so long as you have sufficient specs. Unless you're talking about the OS.

And I do like the Mac OS ever since their X versions; very elegant and streamlined, which really matches their for factor aesthetics. Being built on a Unix core, it can be argued that OSX is more stable and reliable than Windows. Even as much as it's improved since Win7 (and do I have some aggravating memories of Win95, lol) it's still got its known baggage. OSX while not bullet proof, just isn't as prone to crashing or running into program errors where the only way to fix the issue is an uninstall/reinstall.

But then when it comes to gaming, it's pretty much like you said. Though really OSX is almost as much a limiting factor as the hardware. There just isn't as much dev/publisher support for the Mac as there is for Windows. Sure it's grown considerably in the last 6-8 years, but doesn't approach anywhere near to the selection and variety for Windows. Some Mac users implement dual booting so they can play their favorite games. But if you're installing the Win OS, that just defeats the purpose of getting a Mac in the first place.

And yeah, it's far too restrictive and limiting to game on a closed hardware ecosystem. Even IF the model you bought can comfortably play most modern games, it will become more difficult down the road with no option to upgrade the most crucial components; the graphics card and maybe the CPU. The iMac is essentially a non-portable notebook, a stationary desktop in a proprietary compact design that doesn't allow for after market custom configurations. The only difference between that and the Mac Books, aside from those actually being mobile devices, is a larger screen and space for more ports for added peripherals.

And let's not even get into the price difference. It's like comparing a desktop to a notebook, only again a "notebook" that isn't even mobile. Mac being a closed ecosystem, has people paying more for less, less performance (releative to the dollar) and less options.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@Lucianu said:

There are still tons of people who just can't wrap their heads around how even simple UI works. Stuff that comes as natural as breathing to you or I might utterly baffle a computer illiterate. I see it for myself often, and I've come to the conclusion that it will likely be a whole generation before computer illiteracy is almost completely wiped out. And until then, people will gravitate towards the ease of use certain Apple products provide, regardless of the price.

And you know, it's "fashionable" to get Apple products.

On topic: I use a Mac Mini myself, and have for the past five years (give or take). It's a sturdy little machine that gets what I want done for computing with little hassle. Sure, it sucks for gaming, but I rarely play games exclusive to PCs anymore. Way I see it, if this computer can keep going another few years (with 6-8 hours of daily use), it will have been worth the $600 I paid.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Juub1990: Won't deny that they look great and are well made, and the desktops are space savers.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Juub1990

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Juub1990: Won't deny that they look great and are well made, and the desktops are space savers.

Don't forget customer service. For a guy who knows his way around computer like you it's a non-factor but for 90% of people it's a big deal. When my girlfriend's Lenovo laptop trackpad broke we either had the choice of sending it out for a repair that would take up to 4 weeks or have a replacement trackpad delivered and DIY it. Thankfully she had me and I did it for her.

My sister's Macbook Pro trackpad stop responding, she went to the Apple store and within 3 days she had a shining new, working trackpad.

That extra money they charge you also serves to pay these guys giving you that service.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Macs are good for work, I guess. They're reliable. Pretty horrible for gaming, though. I have no interest in Mac myself.

I also find the majority of Apple products extremely overpriced.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I like the way they look. And I like their names. But they're so expensive. Especially for their specs. So much so, that I never considered them as a serious option, so I don't know much about their game support or even control options. (I heard they use one button mice? Probably optional.)