FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

Yep, that what I keep hearing from some fanboys especially PlayStation fans ,sure there are great indie games on pc ,but what about AAA games even third party AAA games don't know why some people keep repeating that pc only for Indie games ,why they are excluding AAA games on pc?

Anyway..

PC vs PS4 Upcoming Games

Gears 5

Halo Infinite

SQUADRON 42

Witchfire

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Bleeding Edge

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Bloody Spell

Thymesia

PS4 :

The Last of Us Part II

Ghost of Tsushima

Final Fantasy VII Remake

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

PC gamers still advertising Star Citizen 8 years later.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Oh God, not again! PC has won this round.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17807 Posts

@vaeh said:

Oh God, not again! PC has won this round.

PC always wins. :)

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

Why do we care about AAA games again?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Thank me for saving this thread

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Xbox and PC essentially the same, so don't get point of singling out PC, cause hating on it, is basically hating on Xbox.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Yeah I stopped bothering listing Star Citizen at this point, until we get at least Squadron 42. But on the brightside at least Star Citizen is actually playable in some form unlike Final Fantasy 7 remake which like it is almost every year list.

Let me help you out TC.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Hermits used to join in on the Xbox bashing. Now they're propping up Halo and Gears at their most irrelevant point in history to defend their $2000 indie rigs LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I would never stick up for cows, so i'll stick up for Xbox instead and say hermits using Xbox games to pad the PC list have proved the OP wrong lol.

Oh and Star Citizen is lol worthy.

Xbox won.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

All these games and PC is taking my life away.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Meh, could do without the AAA titles and exclusivity drama.

Outside of Ubisoft, I don't think I've fully enjoyed many AAA titles this year. Thank god for indies and sub-AAA titles, those games are the only things keeping me going as a gamer.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

The reason why PC gets so few AAA exclusives is that it's nearly impossible for them to compete on the platform.

I mean, what are the PC exclusives that still draw the most players? Eve Online, World of Warcraft, Tera, Runescape, Secret World Legends, Star Wars: The Old Republic, LotR Online, Guild Wars 2...

Notice how many of those on that list were not even released this decade? Why would you do exclusivity on a platform when you may be competing with games that have been running strong for 10+ years?

That's why PC doesn't get the AAA exclusives. The market is already oversaturated and has been for years and years and years and years and...

That's the difference between PS/Xbox and PCs. PS/Xbox are a platform you release on if you want a chance at market dominance. PC is a platform you release on if you want people to still be playing the game 20+ years from now.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Don’t forget that 2 of those ps4 “exclusives” are also coming to pc. ?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

PC has no games. Been saying that for years.

I have tried many times to get into PC gaming, but I go onto steam and all I see is trash on the front page.

It’s all indie trash. There’s no AAA exclusives with massive budgets like I get on PS4.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@baelnergal: the reason why the pc gets so few AAA exclusive is because their is no crappy company throwing money at them... you honestly think the reason uncharted isn’t on pc, is because the devs are afraid of competition from wow???

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vaeh

I can see PC domination at Gamescom coming from a mile away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

I was a huge PC fanboy back in the day and I still prefer PC gaming over my PS4 but.... PC unfortunately is not what it use to be thanks to publishers we don't have those AAA exclusives or even timed ones anymore 98-07 in my opinion was PC gamings golden age. We had Half Life, Deus EX, Max Payne, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, the Battlefield series, SWAT 4, F.E.A.R., Crysis ect..... the truth is every AAA PC game now is either Multiplatform, or some shitty kickstarter trash. I would love more then anything for PC gaming to go back to the way it use to be. But as for right now PS4 has the best AAA exclusives it's not even debatable I honestly feel bad for new PC gamers that missed 98-07 era.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaeh

Damn these console beggars lol

Badass PC developer! Day 0 buy on GOG.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@doomnukem3d: that's like asking what's the point of new technology period.

Bar setting AAA games push a number innovations that expand beyond the gaming industry.

Might aswell ask what's the point of the internet lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Ready or Not has so much potential but I fear it's going to end up like most kickstarter games a broken mess that wouldn't be a finished with bad support hope I'm wrong.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Meh, could do without the AAA titles and exclusivity drama.

Outside of Ubisoft, I don't think I've fully enjoyed many AAA titles this year. Thank god for indies and sub-AAA titles, those games are the only things keeping me going as a gamer.

Ditto, I haven't enjoyed a AAA game since Breath of the Wild, most of them don't really have any soul. I've played some really awesome indie titles during this generation though, so thank goodness for that rebirth. I'll take an interesting 5-8 hour game any day of the week over another Uncharted.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Looks like PS wins as it has more games that appeal to me.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Using Xbox games to say PC is better than PS4???

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Wasn't The Last Guardian on "Oh my God, must own PS3 title" for about ten years?

Same with Ghost of Tsushima?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@warmblur said:

I was a huge PC fanboy back in the day and I still prefer PC gaming over my PS4 but.... PC unfortunately is not what it use to be thanks to publishers we don't have those AAA exclusives or even timed ones anymore 98-07 in my opinion was PC gamings golden age. We had Half Life, Deus EX, Max Payne, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, the Battlefield series, SWAT 4, F.E.A.R., Crysis ect..... the truth is every AAA PC game now is either Multiplatform, or some shitty kickstarter trash. I would love more then anything for PC gaming to go back to the way it use to be. But as for right now PS4 has the best AAA exclusives it's not even debatable I honestly feel bad for new PC gamers that missed 98-07 era.

none of them were actually exclusives at all.

Half life was multiplat and timed exclusive, Max payne was another timed exclusive. so was FEAR and Crysis.

back then. not every game were multiplats as there were so many third party exclusives that doesnot exist anymore. even Microsoft once again supporting PC and all of xbox exclusives are now on PC including xbox flagship title Halo.

even sony started supporting PC as some of sony games are on PC now which no one though it could be.

the age of exclusivity is over. not just PC exclusivity. only few exclusive left are Nintendo ones and sony flagship titles like uncharted/gow/last of us. and that's it.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BaelNergal

@djoffer said:

@baelnergal: the reason why the pc gets so few AAA exclusive is because their is no crappy company throwing money at them... you honestly think the reason uncharted isn’t on pc, is because the devs are afraid of competition from wow???

Considering that Naughty Dog's games did terribly back when they did release for PC due to them not having enough to bring to the market for competition? I wouldn't be surprised. They didn't develop anything memorable as a video game console until they went to the much smaller Playstation market.

If they do come back to PC, they will end up competing with the hundreds of other games that cover the same material... and, to be blunt, Uncharted simply doesn't stand out from the crowd in that market.

And, yes, they would be competing against games like WoW. Because AAA status on PC isn't measured just in sales, but in how many people keep playing it in the time between iterations. That's why Activision spawns so many CoD games; they maintain their PC playerbase by offering a new game as soon as the playerbase starts to drop when people get bored with the current one. So you either need a constant feed of releases, or some gimmick or niche that draws people away from the MMOs, dollhouse games, farming games, builders/survival games, etc. that normally draw and keep large numbers and take up large percentages of player time. If you don't, your sales drop off and you have a harder time selling the next game.

After all, why do you think EA has the Sims as one of their major brands, despite it being so off-brand for that company? Why do you think Microsoft bought Minecraft and pours effort into continual updates and development for it?

The PC platform is unique. In it, games that enter the market stay in the market for decades, and can even dominate the market for decades. For example, a buggy game released in 2004 by a studio that went bankrupt proved such an enduring hit it's getting a AAA sequel. One of the more popular games currently on the platform is a remaster of a game released in 1998, and that series endures so hard it's finally getting a third entry.

This is how the PC market works. If you want to release a successful AAA exclusive, you either learn how to compete with the 10+ years powerhouses that might not even be in your genre or you GTFO.

Naughty Dog was dumb enough to think they had a chance. They didn't, and we got rid of them like we have so many other studios we tossed in the garbage. They are just a PC cast-off developing games barely worth remembering.

Not to say the PS doesn't have truly memorable games. It does. And not just ones memorable for bad reasons, despite what some hermits will say. There are plenty that are good, and worth remembering for being good. There's even one exclusive I don't hesitate to highlight as being worthy of going down in history: Spiderman. But, even that one would do terribly on PC simply because it wouldn't stand out (we have two still-operational superhero MMOs that I'm aware of, just to give you an idea of how saturated the market is).

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Yea, you're wrong. Exclusives aren't going anywhere. Exclusives sell systems. PC Exclusives don't really exist. At the most they're timed exclusives but Sony & Nintendo exclusives will never cease to exist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

none of them were actually exclusives at all.

Half life was multiplat and timed exclusive, Max payne was another timed exclusive. so was FEAR and Crysis.

back then. not every game were multiplats as there were so many third party exclusives that doesnot exist anymore. even Microsoft once again supporting PC and all of xbox exclusives are now on PC including xbox flagship title Halo.

even sony started supporting PC as some of sony games are on PC now which no one though it could be.

the age of exclusivity is over. not just PC exclusivity. only few exclusive left are Nintendo ones and sony flagship titles like uncharted/gow/last of us. and that's it.

I did say timed exclusives which matters alot because they where built from the ground up on PC and took advance of the hardware and not just a little bit the difference with Max Payne 1 and 2 is pretty big on PC compared to the console versions. Same with F.E.A.R. and Crysis ect.. also at this time PC gamers where treated better and devs where more mod friendly it was a better time for PC gaming no stupid graphic downgrades or Denuvo PC gamers weren't treated like second class citizens like we are today.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@valgaav_219 said:

@ghosts4ever: Yea, you're wrong. Exclusives aren't going anywhere. Exclusives sell systems. PC Exclusives don't really exist. At the most they're timed exclusives but Sony & Nintendo exclusives will never cease to exist.

Nintendo games are childish games so don't care about them

sony lost some of exclusive (Detroit, beyond, death stranding, dreams) so yes exclusivity died.

a system is not worth buying just for 5 games that are exclusives.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Using Xbox games to say PC is better than PS4???

Well, they're PC games as well...

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@ghosts4ever: 100 million PS4 owners disagree with you. Have fun with your library of nothing but FPS's and your inability to play some of the best games this gen.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
@doomnukem3d said:

Why do we care about AAA games again?

Cause it's GS and there's alot of popamolers on here.

Idk how some of you guys can even go back and forth with them. It's like arguing with little kids.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Wasn't The Last Guardian on "Oh my God, must own PS3 title" for about ten years?

Same with Ghost of Tsushima?

Playstation is equality embarrising, but mostly for shitty movie games.

Ever since Crytek and similar ilk abandoned pc gaming, reducing it to multiplats, Sony has become to go to for graphic whores admiring tech-demons.

While every Nintendo game shits on them.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Truth hurts.

Looking at the random Chinese PC games that will never get localized unless a console Dev like Sony picks them up it's clear you guys are struggling with accepting this reality.

Unless you guys are really pretending like you can read Chinese and Korean, the majority of those AAA lists you guys desperately cling to to make your AAA games argument is inaccessible to you.

It's funny how the WRPG loving PC fanboy click (usually hating/bashing asian games on consoles) are acting like they love Chinese and Korean games now simply because they're the only AAA PC games they can point to that release.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@boxrekt: because most AAA games today suck. So why they matter?

Most of best games came from AA and mid tier studios.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Playstation is equality embarrising, but mostly for shitty movie games.

Ever since Crytek and similar ilk abandoned pc gaming, reducing it to multiplats, Sony has become to go to for graphic whores admiring tech-demons.

While every Nintendo game shits on them.

AAA developers have left PC gaming. I don't expect much new from Crytek, Epic, Valve or Blizzard. Once predominant PC developers.

But at least we still have AA developers and mod developers working on incredible projects.

Black Mesa is about done and we have this piece of amazing work to look forward to:

Loading Video...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BoxRekt
@ghosts4ever said:

Nice opinion but doesn't help the argument in this thread.

Also those AA games you're referring to don't require powerful systems to play and all the good ones are also all on consoles anyway.

PC gamers are AAA starved that's why they are still hanging on dev hell, microtransaction rampant Star Citizen after 8 years of being stung along while console have released fully complete AAA games the quality the likes that PC gamers have yet to experience on their over prices rigs.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@valgaav_219: not interested in some movie games and some animu Jrpgs. And most interesting Sony exclusive coming to PC is Death stranding. So I'm not missing much.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BaelNergal
@R4gn4r0k said:

AAA developers have left PC gaming. I don't expect much new from Crytek, Epic, Valve or Blizzard. Once predominant PC developers.

But at least we still have AA developers and mod developers working on incredible projects.

Black Mesa is about done and we have this piece of amazing work to look forward to:

Crytek hasn't been AAA for years and years.

Epic is still developing games, and is buying studios to create more. Not to mention Epic also owns their own, Steam-like storefront.

Valve still makes games on occasion, but they also stopped being an AAA developer years ago.

Blizzard has PC games currently in development, including the remaster of Warcraft 3, and still updates most of their existing active games.

EA has also shown growing interest in PC gaming, due to the fact their best-selling franchise makes most of its profit from PC gaming.

Sony and Microsoft have both started reaching out to PC gamers, with both releasing subscription models to play PS and XBox games on the PC.

Bethesda remains heavily connected to the PC market, with PC players gaining exclusive content not seen on consoles in addition to being tied into Bethesda's modding community (a community which includes the developers).

In addition, an AA and a AAA game coming up were spawned entirely by PC interest: Bloodlines 2 and Baldur's Gate 3.

And just about every AAA upcoming is a multiplat that also lands on PC. Maybe one or two exceptions.

PC gaming is not devoid of AAA interest. Just that, as I pointed out up above, it's nearly impossible to succeed as a PC exclusive.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

Also those AA games you're referring to don't require powerful systems to play and all the good ones are also all on consoles anyway.

PC gamers are AAA starved that's why they are still hanging on dev hell, microtransaction rampant Star Citizen after 8 years of being stung along while console have released fully complete AAA games the quality the likes that PC gamers have yet to experience on their over prices rigs.

AAA multiplats exist, bruv. PC has AAA quality games... Also, that definition is shit as we largely don't know dev costs, and it has no actual dev+marketing price attributed. It's just become a bit muddied.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BaelNergal
@boxrekt said:

Right. Which is why every upcoming AAA game worth speaking of, and nearly every AAA game released to date, is also on PC.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@boxrekt: AA games doesn't mean indie game. Metro is AA but it's not demanding game currently.

Every AAA multiplat is on PC . Try harder next time.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

How many AAA quality exclusives does PS4 even have that aren't 3rd person action games?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BoxRekt
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

AAA multiplats exist, bruv. PC has AAA quality games... Also, that definition is shit as we largely don't know dev costs, and it has no actual dev+marketing price attributed. It's just become a bit muddied.

Of course I was speaking of PC exclusive titles that were made to take advantage of PC only. That idea's kind of been dead since 2007's Crysis

It goes without saying PC gets AAA multiplats, though those are seldom the best AAA games that get released in a year as most of the GOTY winners in any generation end up being console exclusives and this generation is no different.

Between Sony and Nintendo their AAA exclusives have went tit for tat on what the industry considers the best games in any given year and in between those exclusives we have a few AAA multiplats that manage to edge them out but they aren't the majority and history backs that up.

@baelnergal said:
@boxrekt said:

Right. Which is why every upcoming AAA game worth speaking of, and nearly every AAA game released to date, is also on PC.

That's laughable and false.

You don't have Sony and Nintendo AAA exclusives and they are worth speaking of so you've just made a mindless fanboy boast that falls flat.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator

@boxrekt said:
@ghosts4ever said:

PC gamers are starving for AAA games? That's new to me and this is coming from a PC gamer.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lundy86_4

@boxrekt: Of course, but that's not what you said. I don't think you've said the word "exclusive" yet. This thread didn't even dictate it was solely about exclusives...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4

@davillain-: I don't think the break helped. He still makes little sense :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaVillain  Moderator

@lundy86_4: I should have expected this lol.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BoxRekt
@davillain- said:

@lundy86_4: I should have expected this lol.

1. I have a gaming PC

2. You're agreeing with a user stalker who starts arguments with me EVERY time I post on this board.

3. What did you expect exactly? Serious question

My opinion is based on my perspective alone. If you want understanding of my point of view ask and I'll explain it. You agreeing with me is not a condition I seek nor care about in that interaction.

Acting high and mighty simply because you don't agree with what other people say shows how limited your vision is.

The majority of you guys on here act like hive mind fanboys who, if someone else who thinks like you disagrees, you all act like you've made a great argument. YOU DIDN'T! You just disagreed and nothing else.