lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

lol, yeah, but this isn't a gaming card. It's for professionals, and those cards have always been hella pricey. Look at AMD's selection, and you'll see.

@ajstyles said:

@Litchie: Because hermits have to upgrade every year otherwise they can’t game.

Remember, every hermit claims they are playing at 4K/120FPS and anything less makes them puke. They even bash their own kind for ONLY playing 4K/60FPS.

Literally zero Hermits here have claimed that. If you can run 4K/120fps at even decent settings, you're boasting a hell of a rig. I'm talking 2+ high-end GPUs, and that's even if games utilize them. I have a i7 7700k with an 1070, and can run max settings on new games at 1080p/60fps... At 1440p, it starts to struggle a little.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@scatteh316 said:
@tryit said:
@scatteh316 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Nah, indie games like this:

Damn losers enjoying their platform

Having to resort to using Indie games..... what a sad and sorry state PC gaming has become.

indie games are waaaay better than AAAtitles and I am not saying that to troll. I am dead fucking serious

And how would you know what a AAAEplays like to be able to compare them to Indies...

Strawman Argument. The posts before this never mentioned exclusives.

@tryit can easily know how an AAA video game plays (as he opined) on PC, as PC gets quite a few of them (if not the most).

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
@that_old_guy said:

Now all you have to do is sell your first born daughter into sex slavery to Europeans to afford it.

Ah, the joy of PC gaming...Xmas for you and not for the kids. They don’t need a childhood anyway.

dude what

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

PC gaming became more expensive because gamers have the option to buy a dumb, overpriced gpu? Nah it only got more expensive for the people who bought into the RTX line up and will get this new one.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@ajstyles said:

@Litchie: Because hermits have to upgrade every year otherwise they can’t game.

Remember, every hermit claims they are playing at 4K/120FPS and anything less makes them puke. They even bash their own kind for ONLY playing 4K/60FPS.

Only saw some PS idiot claiming that PS5 will be running 8k/120fps. No PC gamer ever claimed to be playing 4k120fps over here and only console kiddies think that you must upgrade every time something better is released.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:

But wouldn't you need a $3000 4K TV to fully enjoy console gaming?

Yeah, it's funny... A work buddy of mine says PC is more way expensive than console, yet he upgraded to the One X when that came out from the original Xbox, and he just bought a 2300 dollar 4k Samsung TV.

His TV+2 console purchase is basically the same price as my entire 9900k + 2080 Ti PC I just built. It would be the same as my monitor + PC purchase if you add on subscription for Xbox Live.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@davillain- said:

Yeah, I posted the Titan RTX in PC & A/V Hardware but anyways. This Titan RTX sounds like it's only for hardcore PC Enthusiast who wants the best of the best, and normally, Titans aren't usually meant for pure gaming and this sounds like this card is aiming for the one's who haven't invested into buying 2080Ti yet.

"Looking at my 1080Ti" You know, I never owned a Titan card before and looking at this Titan RTX now, hmmmm............it's time!?

(Just to be clear, you really don't need it unless you are one of those higher up PC Enthusiast and I'm not a PC Enthusiast either, just a PC gamer. The GTX 10XX series are still an amazing GPU, those are worth buying over a RTX but that's just my opinion though)

It's not aimed at PC enthusiasts. Sure many enthusiasts gamers buy that however it is for people that does VFX/Video editing/ graphics design/animation etc.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tryit said:
@scatteh316 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Nah, indie games like this:

Damn losers enjoying their platform

Having to resort to using Indie games..... what a sad and sorry state PC gaming has become.

indie games are waaaay better than AAAtitles and I am not saying that to troll. I am dead fucking serious

And how would you know what a AAAEplays like to be able to compare them to Indies...

Strawman Argument. The posts before this never mentioned exclusives.

@tryit can easily know how an AAA video game plays (as he opined) on PC, as PC gets quite a few of them (if not the most).

ah I see, so he changed the narrative of what I asseted within one reply. If I had known what the e stood for I would have corrected him right there.

I never said exclusives.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@davillain-: Flag me for what? Don’t be all hyperbole.

I didn’t say do it...I’m making a distinction on how ridiculous the price of getting those graphics are on PC.

For a bunch of people that defend Shower with Dad you all are sure being hypocritical.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#62 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Lol, where did PC touch you @ajstyles?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

I have a i7 7700k with an 1070, and can run max settings on new games at 1080p/60fps... At 1440p, it starts to struggle a little.

I think your definition of struggle a little is when the fps drops from 144 to 100 or something. Your setup is beastly man.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

It's not aimed at PC enthusiasts. Sure many enthusiasts gamers buy that however it is for people that does VFX/Video editing/ graphics design/animation etc.

I just build myself a new Rig, Ryzen 7: 2700X/GTX 1080Ti for both work related & heavy gaming and for me, I could see this Titan RTX benefit me but I won't be needing such a card to do more.

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I have a i7 7700k with an 1070, and can run max settings on new games at 1080p/60fps... At 1440p, it starts to struggle a little.

I think your definition of struggle a little is when the fps drops from 144 to 100 or something. Your setup is beastly man.

I used to have a 1070 and I can tell you now it doesn't struggle with 1440p/60fps at all, I even played Witcher 3 in 1440p without using Hairworks. The 1070 was such a great GPU, it does okay in 1440p, even in Mass Effect: Andromeda it handles the performance really good. Unless Lundy86_4 was going for 144hz, then that's another story.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

luckily you don't have to buy one of those for PC gaming

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Titans are more of a Prosumer card anyway. You don't need to buy those. Heck, a 1060 or an RX 580 is good enough for this gen if you're just gaming.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@davillain- said:
@pc_rocks said:

I just build myself a new Rig, Ryzen 7: 2700X/GTX 1080Ti for both work related & heavy gaming and for me, I could see this Titan RTX benefit me but I won't be needing such a card to do more.

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I used to have a 1070 and I can tell you now it doesn't struggle with 1440p/60fps at all, I even played Witcher 3 in 1440p without using Hairworks. The 1070 was such a great GPU, it does okay in 1440p, even in Mass Effect: Andromeda it handles the performance really good. Unless Lundy86_4 was going for 144hz, then that's another story.

My 1080 was struggling with the highest settings on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 3440x1440p. I was playing with a few settings lowered for a while, and was the big reason why I upgraded to the 2080 Ti, but the 1080 is still a beast of a card, and can do some 4k gaming as long as you're not running all ultra.