PC gamers, if there was just "one" current-gen console to buy, which console makes the best PC+combo?

• 70 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

DaVillain  Moderator

Poll PC gamers, if there was just "one" current-gen console to buy, which console makes the best PC+combo? (125 votes)

PS4/Slim/Pro 52%
Xbox One/S/X 4%
Nintendo Switch 44%

Even for a hardcore PC gamers out there, we sometimes will buy consoles just for exclusive games only but question is, in this current-gen, which consoles makes it the best PC+console combo to own?

If I had to pick just one console, it be Nintendo Switch+PC as the best combo in my opinion. Remember, there can only be "ONE"

• 
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#51 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

I chose the PS4, not enough Switch exclusives that interest me at the moment. I don't game on the go anymore like on buses and trains so the portability advantage doesn't do much for me. I also have a tablet PC laptop from 2010 that can run most of my indies games and just about all my pre 2007 games too so if I do want to play some games away from my desktop PC I just play them on my laptop.

PS4 has some stuff I want that don't seem to be coming to PC anytime soon like the new Gungrave and Hokuto No Ken games. Nearly everyone I know that plays on consoles plays mainly or exclusively on the PS4 so its a very cheap way for me to play some of the exclusive games by borrowing them. Just about every PS4 owner I know has at least 1 of the major PS4 exclusives such as Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son. So I'm just gonna freeload off friends and family for some games :P.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

Switch Obv.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I would definitely say the Switch. It's the most distinct from both a hardware and a software perspective. But the PS4 is a solid second choice for some of its exclusives

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

Switch/PC with PS4/PC as a close second.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44243 Posts

@zaryia said:
@SecretPolice said:

MonsterBox MasterRace >>>>>>>>>>> Pee Salty Seas.

According to who or what? PC wins library by a huge margin every year and has better version of 99% of XB games so I'm confused.

I personally vote for Switch. It has better and more exclusives than the other two. And the exclusives it does have aren't movie game rentals.

Wrong as usual. All X1X MonsterBoxes perform the same. Mine and millions of others Pee Salty Seas however would cough up blood trying to run X1 games so ay know,, PC's, they're good for Word and Excel but that's about it.

QQ some mooaar. lol :P

Monkey_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Monkey_Seeker
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

I'll start by saying I own a gaming PC, an Xbox One X and a PS4 and I'm not biased against any of the consoles, though I'd say the PS4.

There's nothing on the Xbox One really that I can't play on either the PC or the PS4. When you add in the PS4 exclusives then if I could only choose one then the PS4 would have to be my choice. Nothing against Nintendo, I did own a Switch briefly but there was nothing for me really apart from Zelda so it never got used.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#57  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Switch just adds so much more to the table. It's mobile, it has the best exclusives so far. I bet most PS4 exclusives will also eventually come to the PC. All the games I cared about for the PS4 came to the PC up to this point except GoW and Bloodborne. Nioh came to the PC in improved form, Destiny (at one point I briefly cared about destiny) came to the PC, Monster Hunter World is a big game for me and it will come to the PC. I know there is still value in a PS4. I could totally see people with different preferences vote PS4 because of course this is a purrsonal question.

What I wouldn't understand is someone voting Xbox One. PC Xbox One combo makes no sense to me. In a vacuum sure... but not with its competition at play.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

I can't help but feel lots of cows came in here to make the Switch lose.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Right answer is Nintendo Switch

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56349 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Switch just adds so much more to the table. It's mobile, it has the best exclusives so far. I bet most PS4 exclusives will also eventually come to the PC. All the games I cared about for the PS4 came to the PC up to this point except GoW and Bloodborne. Nioh came to the PC in improved form, Destiny (at one point I briefly cared about destiny) came to the PC, Monster Hunter World is a big game for me and it will come to the PC. I know there is still value in a PS4. I could totally see people with different preferences vote PS4 because of course this is a purrsonal question.

What I wouldn't understand is someone voting Xbox One. PC Xbox One combo makes no sense to me. In a vacuum sure... but not with its competition at play.

Very few Xbox One games aren't on PC such as MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, and Halo 5 but at the same time, this isn't saying much and buying Xbox One+PC isn't worth it unless you are a die hard Halo fan.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@davillain- said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Very few Xbox One games aren't on PC such as MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, and Halo 5 but at the same time, this isn't saying much and buying Xbox One+PC isn't worth it unless you are a die hard Halo fan.

You forgot Red Dead Redemption in 4k only on X1X. If MS announces at E3 that some Xbox games are only going to be on the Xbox and not on the PC does that change things for some gamers?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#62  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17895 Posts

@xhawk27: I would rather wait for the inevitable RDR2 PC version so I can play it properly.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@BassMan said:

@xhawk27: I would rather wait for the inevitable RDR2 PC version so I can play it properly.

The new trailer is out in two days. The PC version might not ever come out, since the first one never did but most likely it will be out after a year on consoles.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#64  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17895 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@BassMan said:

The new trailer is out in two days. The PC version might not ever come out, since the first one never did but most likely it will be out after a year on consoles.

I am fine with waiting. I made the mistake of playing GTA V on 360 before they announced the PC version. Never again. Dealing with a compromised console version just to play it early is not worth it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If you're into PC gaming for graphics and glam, then the Switch probably won't tickle your fancy and I would recommend PS4. If you are more like me, and just prefer the control and flexibility that PC has to offer, then the Switch will be great for its exclusives and on-the-go'ness.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Voted Switch, but wouldn't really play it if I had one

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

That's tough, I wanna go with Switch because of it's unique position and offerings, play PC at home and Switch on the go. But PS4 has the greatest game ever made, Persona 5.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Switch, longer life time then PS4 and basically is the next portable handheld really but with full effort games.

I always ended up with handhelds from nintendo + PC combo.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56349 Posts

@BassMan said:

Ditto!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46583 Posts

From my honest point of view I'd say PS4 + PC is the best combo and has been this entire gen.

Perhaps if you never owned a WiiU I could say Switch + PC.