PC gamers, if there was just "one" current-gen console to buy, which console makes the best PC+combo?

• 70 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

DaVillain  Moderator

Poll PC gamers, if there was just "one" current-gen console to buy, which console makes the best PC+combo? (125 votes)

PS4/Slim/Pro 52%
Xbox One/S/X 4%
Nintendo Switch 44%

Even for a hardcore PC gamers out there, we sometimes will buy consoles just for exclusive games only but question is, in this current-gen, which consoles makes it the best PC+console combo to own?

If I had to pick just one console, it be Nintendo Switch+PC as the best combo in my opinion. Remember, there can only be "ONE"

• 
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#1 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I would say the Switch. I think the kind of experience the Switch offers is the most different from PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44144 Posts

Lol, as if you don't know answer here in SW with MS 1st party being Win10 all going to PC so obviously Xbox/PC share many games. It's just a good thing MonsterBox MasterRace >>>>>>>>>>> Pee Salty Seas.

Why the stealth, we all know you're a big MS/Xbox anti-fan. :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69777 Posts

I will just say that I can live without the Switch.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

The Nintendo Switch. The portability and exclusive library makes it a great companion to PC gaming.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

It's between the PS4 and Switch. I'd give the nod to PS4 atm, due to the larger library of exclusive games. That being said, Switch would probably be my go-to in a few years.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

PS4 is the only console I would consider as a PC gamer

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I have a PS4 and no Xbox One or Switch so that's what I voted for. To be perfectly honest though, my PS4 has been used to play the Uncharted collection (which came with it) and Horizon Zero Dawn, other than that it's a dust collector.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

With the current library ps4, unless you value portability

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

PS4, although there is nothing else i want to play on it, DQ11/shenmue will be the last games. Need a PS5 already.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Ps4, what else ?

PC plays literally everything or will soon or later.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

The Switch.

Why get a console that gets mostly the same games as PC, as opposed to the Switch with lots of games you can't get on PC? Makes zero sense.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

As a PC gamer, there are very few reasons to buy a console.

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne.

I'll get a Switch if Metroid Prime 4 is a hit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Switch for me, the other two offer experiences too similar to what the PC does and I like the variety and handheld nature of the Switch as I travel a lot.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AzatiS
@Litchie said:

The Switch.

Why get a console that gets mostly the same games as PC, as opposed to the Switch with lots of games you can't get on PC? Makes zero sense.

Because of its exclusives, what else ? Mostly the same games as PC ? Find me God of war, Spiderman, The last of us 2 kind of experiences on PC and i wont even touch PS4 again.

In the end of the day have you seen Zelda in 4K ? Looks awesome.

We talking about PC here, never forget. Nothing makes sense with master race.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Litchie
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:

The Switch.

Because of its exclusives, what else ? In the end of the day have you seen Zelda in 4K ? Looks awesome.

Sure, but Switch has more exclusives that are worth to play than both Xbox and PS. Will Switch with its' exclusives + PC that has exclusives plus the third party games really make you miss the PS4 or Xbox One much? Not for me. With PC + Switch you have the most options on what to play. Most options on what to play should be a good thing to all serious gamers.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AzatiS
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:

The Switch.

Because of its exclusives, what else ? In the end of the day have you seen Zelda in 4K ? Looks awesome.

Sure, but Switch has more exclusives that are worth to play than both Xbox and PS. Will Switch with its' exclusives + PC that has exclusives plus the third party games really make you miss the PS4 or Xbox One much? Not for me. With PC + Switch you have the most options on what to play. Most options on what to play should be a good thing to all serious gamers.

Are you crazy ?! Switch has Mario odyssey as we speak to go next to Sonys best. BOTW is not exclusive, ARMs was underwhelming, Splatoon 2 underwhelming, Bayonettas multis. Kart 8 multi .. Where are the Switch exclusives to go next to Sonys ?

What exclusives you speaking of ? Because if we count Wii U games then PS4 has even more with classic remastered games all over the place, from Sotc to Uncharted trilogy to The last of us etc

Also when you talking about similar experiences, dont you think games like Sonic racing are close enough to Mario Kart for example ? Original Bayonetta already on PC. And you dont even want to mention anything about dolphins and various other things are which are all over the place.

Same things you were telling everyone with Wii and Wii U... Both ended up dust collectors and people ended up playing with their Playstations more than anything.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Play Nintendo games whilst watching PS4 exclusives, perfect.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I've got PC, xbox and PS4 no switch, but I would say Ps4 because xbox isn't getting exclusives they pretty much made that clear. The switch emulator is developing really quickly (not that I officially support piracy) its already running 2 games.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Switch. If you already have a PC there's no reason to get a Sony or MS console, it's just a lesser version. The Switch is portable, has unique controls, has Nintendo games. If they ever get media support and the VC working properly it will be the end-all console.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Litchie
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:

The Switch.

Are you crazy ?! Switch has Mario odyssey as we speak to go next to Sonys best. BOTW is not exclusive, ARMs was underwhelming, Splatoon 2 underwhelming, Bayonettas multis etc....

What exclusives you speaking of ? Because if we count Wii U games then PS4 has even more with classic remastered games and this isnt even close. Also when you talking about similar experiences, dont you think games like Sonic racing are close enough to Mario Kart for example ?

Since you'd just call my list worse than PS exclusives, why bother? We like different games. To me Switch + PC is the perfect combo. To add an Xbox or PS to this would be like adding slightly more cream on your huge amount of cream, for a large sum of money, whereas I'd miss out on lots of cool shit if I removed the PC or Switch.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AzatiS
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:

Are you crazy ?! Switch has Mario odyssey as we speak to go next to Sonys best. BOTW is not exclusive, ARMs was underwhelming, Splatoon 2 underwhelming, Bayonettas multis etc....

What exclusives you speaking of ? Because if we count Wii U games then PS4 has even more with classic remastered games and this isnt even close. Also when you talking about similar experiences, dont you think games like Sonic racing are close enough to Mario Kart for example ?

Since you'd just call my list worse than PS exclusives, why bother? We like different games. To me Switch + PC is the perfect combo. To add an Xbox or PS to this would be like adding slightly more cream on your huge amount of cream for a large sum of money, whereas I'd miss out on lots of cool shit if I removed the PC or Switch.

I stated facts. You are the one calling Switch better because of its exclusives. What exclusives you talking about ?

If you say something like " I prefer Switch because im into their exclusives and games more " is way different than to say that PS4 offers the same kind of experiences like PC.

So the conclusion is buy a system youre into its games more because for every AAA exclusive ( real exclusive ) Switch has i can mention 3 for PS4.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:

Since you'd just call my list worse than PS exclusives, why bother? We like different games. To me Switch + PC is the perfect combo. To add an Xbox or PS to this would be like adding slightly more cream on your huge amount of cream for a large sum of money, whereas I'd miss out on really cool shit if I removed the PC or Switch.

Switch has much more than just Nintendo games though. Looking past AAA games for once, anyone can see that the indie scene is blooming on Switch, and the added factor of portability only helps its case.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may be an enhanced port, but the ability to take what is widely considered the best Mario Kart with a good battle mode on the go, snap off a few controllers, and play with literally anyone, to me, is worth the 60-dollar price tag and just not an experience you could get on any other platform.

Splatoon 2 may have been underwhelming at launch, but as of right now, you are easily getting your money's worth with all the content that's been added.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

I can't vote, I like Sony's and Nintendo's exclusives equally.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

I think PS4.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@undefined: slim or switch depending on your flavor

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@toonlonk said:
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:
@Litchie said:
@AzatiS said:

Since you'd just call my list worse than PS exclusives, why bother? We like different games. To me Switch + PC is the perfect combo. To add an Xbox or PS to this would be like adding slightly more cream on your huge amount of cream for a large sum of money, whereas I'd miss out on really cool shit if I removed the PC or Switch.

Switch has much more than just Nintendo games though. Looking past AAA games for once, anyone can see that the indie scene is blooming on Switch, and the added factor of portability only helps its case.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may be an enhanced port, but the ability to take what is widely considered the best Mario Kart with a good battle mode on the go, snap off a few controllers, and play with literally anyone, to me, is worth the 60-dollar price tag and just not an experience you could get on any other platform.

Splatoon 2 may have been underwhelming at launch, but as of right now, you are easily getting your money's worth with all the content that's been added.

Splatoon 2 has never been underwhelming, for me at least. I actually think it's the third best game on the system at the moment. You get free content added almost every week, with new weapons, cosmetics and maps. The Octo Expansion DLC that's coming up will actually offer a new single player experience, instead of the usual stuff you get with a multiplayer shooter game, which Nintendo instead gives you for free.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Logical response's : PS4!!!

Nintendo stuff too outworn and childish to my taste, so it's a big no!!!

Xbox...the same minus the games!!!

MasterLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#28 MasterLuigi
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

Definitely the Nintendo Switch. If you think about it, the PS4 and the Xbox along with the PC have very similar games. Nintendo is always referred to as "childish" but I would say it's more family friendly not childish!!! If you wanted something not "childish" you would have the PC making the Switch the better option because of the opposite feel to them. The reason a PC gamer would want a console is to get a different experience. I know this reason gets used a lot, but it's because it's true: You can take it anywhere. And while you can argue that a laptop could do the same, the Switch is way more convenient to carry around then a laptop where you would need to bring a mouse, laptop, charger and then find a place to set the laptop to play it, as opposed to the Switch where you bring the Switch a charger with a portable battery pack and BOOM you're on the go. Well anyways that's just my opinion. :)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've gone PC + Playstation since the PS2. PC gets at least 90% of my gaming time these days but there are enough PS exclusives that interest me to warrant purchasing their consoles

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

MonsterBox MasterRace >>>>>>>>>>> Pee Salty Seas.

According to who or what? PC wins library by a huge margin every year and has better version of 99% of XB games so I'm confused.

I personally vote for Switch. It has better and more exclusives than the other two. And the exclusives it does have aren't movie game rentals.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

PC/PS4 combo - PC for online and the best multiplats, and the PS4 for its numerous exclusives.

Switch has zero exclusives I want until Metroid Prime 4 comes out, and the Xbox One's existence barely registers on my radar at this point.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

I would go with the PS4 purely for Bloodborne, but the Switch isn't far behind it.

The Xbox is pretty useless with a gaming PC.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

It's between the PS4 and Switch. I'd give the nod to PS4 atm, due to the larger library of exclusive games. That being said, Switch would probably be my go-to in a few years.

I agree. I think the balance favors the PS4 right now, but the Switch is making a serious charge.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

PS4 and Switch are both good answers to this question. Both consoles have exclusive libraries which would do well beside a PC. Xbox shares its library with PC making it redundant imo.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Depends weather you like Sony FP exclusives or Nintendos. Xbox is out of the question really.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#36  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

X1 is completely redundant once you have a gaming PC. So, definitely not that one. PS4 has better exclusives than Switch. So, PC+PS4 Pro is my choice. I own all of them though.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#37  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Putting all negatives from consoles aside I will be ofcourse looking at exclusives.

PS4:

- God of War

- Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Persona 5

Switch:

- Bayonetta 2 + 3

- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

- Zelda Breath of the Wild

- Mario Kart 8

- Metroid Prime 4

- Mario Odyssey

- Starfox Zero

Xbox ONE X

- Halo 1 - 5

- Gears of war 1 - 4

I would say the Switch by a noticeable margin

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

PC + PS4 Pro is what I do.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Switch

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

It's PC+PS4 for me.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I chose to go PC + PS4 Pro this gen and I couldn’t be any happier. I have more games than I know what to do with.

Loodko_Koopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Loodko_Koopus
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

To be honest, I would get a ps4, play the exclusives, sell it, then get a switch. I don't see a point in keeping a ps4 or Xbox. I'd play GoW, LoU2, Spider-man, Uncharted 4 in a month and sell it. That's about it. Even better, I would just rent it if I could. I would keep the switch for the fact that it's portable, I could use that when I go take a long dump.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Switch, we are talking about just those 3 consoles here, not wiiu or ps3 or any previous gens, so Switch has the exclusives here that matter to me, with far far more value for money than anything Ps4 can offer up. So far I've put in 200 hours Zelda, 200 hours Xenoblade 2, 65 hours Mario Odyssey, 65 hours Splatoon 2 (my net sucks), 50 hours Mario X Rabbids plus many many indies that I would never touch even on my PC but thanks to Switch portable mode I do.

Maybe on Ps4 Bloodbourne would give me 100hours or so of game time, if it really sucks me in, and even then I've got the Dark Souls trilogy on pc which is a direct substitute.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Definitely PS4, not sure about the Switch yet.

lol Xbox. Xbox is good for learning lessons the hard way. Don't be a dumbass and early adopt.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Switch and it is not even close for me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

Very intersting PC+PS4 gets the upper hand on Switch. There is no denying PS4 does in fact has more exclusive games then any current console out now. I agree it makes sense to go with PC+PS4 this gen, I still go with the Switch for it's portability and it's totally different system compare to PS4 & Xbox One.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

If I had to chose just one it would have to be the PS4.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@Dark_sageX: Gears 1 and 4 are both on PC. It's just Gears 2 and 3.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 were also on PC, weren't they?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

Honestly, PC is all I need. I don't care if you like consoles, I won't argue with you about it, I just don't see the appeal to objectively and subjectively inferior alternatives to PC gaming.

So to answer the question: whatever, I would just give the console to a friend or maybe donate it to work for people to play on breaks.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

I would personally go with the Switch/PC combo. |

Right now there is just more Switch games I want

Super Mario Odyssey

Zelda BOTW