the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

I agree , considering how popular Stardew Valley is , Animal Crossing would be great on PC

===========

https://www.pcgamer.com/animal-crossings-good-natured-fun-is-what-we-need-on-pc-right-now/#comment-jump

===========

Animal Crossing: New Horizons released to the masses last week and I (along with everyone else it seems) have been playing it non-stop ever since. On the run-up to its launch, I was playing as many PC games similar to Animal Crossing as I could find, which mainly consisted of many hours of Stardew Valley. But now that the serene life sim is out, I have migrated to the Switch, leaving my PC cold and dusty.

It's a shame that there's no game that's close to Animal Crossing's cosy community-based fun on the PC, especially as Nintendo has been adamant over the years that it has no interest in putting its games on PC. It's unfortunate, particularly as other console-based companies are slowly making the move to the PC market, like Xbox's Game Pass and Play Anywhere initiative and Game Pass and PlayStation announcing previously exclusive games, like Horizon: Zero Dawn, onto the PC. As we see gaming markets start to bleed into each other, Nintendo has firmly stayed true to its console-based roots.

There have been small hints that Nintendo could be re-thinking its console-only business plan. In 2019, during an interview with Nikkei (translated by Nintendo Everything via Eurogamer), Nintendo president Furukawa hinted that the company has been considering expanding outside of home console hardware in an attempt to stay as flexible as possible as technology progresses, although whether those plans include PC gaming is difficult to guess.

"We aren't really fixated on our consoles," Furukawa says in the interview. "At the moment we're offering the uniquely developed Nintendo Switch and its software—and that's what we're basing how we deliver the 'Nintendo experience' on. That being said, technology changes. We'll continue to think flexibly about how to deliver that experience as time goes on."

This isn't really surprising, as any technology-based company would want to keep in rhythm with what's new and Furukawa highlights this, mentioning Nintendo's move into the mobile market as well as ideas for potential theme parks and movies. But if we're talking about the changing technologies of videogames, then surely PC gaming is a big part of that progression.

It's obviously a pipe dream that Nintendo would eve release their games outside of their consoles. It's been doing ridiculously well, with the Nintendo Switch selling more than 52 million consoles and Animal Crossing smashing sales records in the UK boxed game chart. Although, I still think if Nintendo is serious about keeping up with technology then PC gaming should be on the cards (but that's my optimistic side talking).

Leaving progressions in technology, business decisions, and marketing choices aside for one moment, I think Nintendo's games would be perfect for PC because they fill a space in the market that has only just started to grow in recent years—fun, friendly, and relaxing play. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of funny, silly, and uplifting games on PC, but Nintendo is the grandfather of cosy family-friendly games, and releasing it's gaming backlog on PC would be as if the heavens had opened for players who like calm and good-natured fun.

Nintendo has been asking players to help plant trees, decorate houses, engage in some relaxing fishing, and to be kind to their neighbours from as early as 2001 when the first Animal Crossing game released. We need more games like this on the PC, now more than ever. With whats happening in the world right now, I don't want to shoot demons in the face—I want a peaceful tropical island where I can hang out with friends.

After seeing the success that Nintendo-inspired games have received on PC—Stardew Valley, A Short Hike, Undertale, Temtem, A Hat in Time, and the upcoming Animal Crossing-inspired Hokko Life—there's a want for these warm-hearted games on PC. It's proof that the 'Nintendo experience' would work well outside of consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

PCgamer is the official outlet for begging games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

There's also Harvest Moon. In short, both Harvest Moon & Stardew Valley on PC is more then enough. Even I consider TemTem on the PC to do its own thing rather being identical clone of Pokemon.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

For something centered on PC Gaming, they seem to know jack shit about it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

If Animal Crossing went multiplat, so many people will finally get a chance to understand what the appeal is.

Animal Crossing has always been a hard franchise to explain its appeal, and to a spectator it's an easy series to pass off because it looks boring.

Animal Crossing is best played to be fully understood, and I'd imagine a huge audience that can blow it up on PC.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

As long as PC wins each gen I do not care if "begging" is involved.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_master_race

@davillain- said:

There's also Harvest Moon. In short, both Harvest Moon & Stardew Valley on PC is more then enough. Even I consider TemTem on the PC to do its own thing rather being identical clone of Pokemon.

it's k , the more the merrier

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Beggining?

Interesting perspective, then again console gamer's are pretty toxic so it makes sense.

PC gamer's don't hate on games they want all the games to come to PC. You console fanboys hate on games you haven't played because its not on the console you decided to grind up against.

It's why PC gamer's are playing a game like PUBG one day, then followed by a bit of Frostpunk and then some HLA... Wouldn't mind playing some Animal Crossing on PC too.

Also we can afford the consoles, the begging is simply because we want to play these games the way they are meant to be played... You know what way that is?... Any f***ing way you want when your on PC, there are no limits.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Beggining?

Interesting perspective, then again console gamer's are pretty toxic so it makes sense.

PC gamer's don't hate on games they want all the games to come to PC. You console fanboys hate on games you haven't played because its not on the console you decided to grind up against.

It's why PC gamer's are playing a game like PUBG one day, then followed by a bit of Frostpunk and then some HLA... Wouldn't mind playing some Animal Crossing on PC too.

Also we can afford the consoles, the begging is simply because we want to play these games the way they are meant to be played... You know what way that is?... Any f***ing way you want when your on PC, there are no limits.

This guys gets it.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Nintendo is not going to have its games released on the PC unless governments outlaw home consoles from the gaming market or make it illegal for Nintendo to release its own games on its own systems.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@the_master_race: You guys have The Sims. You have Stardew Valley.

@jaydan said:

If Animal Crossing went multiplat, so many people will finally get a chance to understand what the appeal is.

Animal Crossing has always been a hard franchise to explain its appeal, and to a spectator it's an easy series to pass off because it looks boring.

Animal Crossing is best played to be fully understood, and I'd imagine a huge audience that can blow it up on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Beggining?

Loading Video...

As for rest of your rant, heard it hundreds of time before. If you really want it on PC play it on an emulator.

And I was talking about PCgamer as a PC news outlet always begging for console games. Rather than report on actual PC gaming news.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendoboy16

@Gamerno6666 said:

Given they port-begged for Breath of the Wild not long ago, I believe it. If it was a magazine dedicated to Nintendo (Nintendo Power never did anything like this during the Cube era), PlayStation, and XBOX, they would be scorched

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

They just put the flavor of the month game in their articles to get clicks, is something they have been doing for a while now.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaydan

@nintendoboy16: I don't quite follow. Why the laughing gif?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Beggining?

Loading Video...

As for rest of your rant, heard it hundreds of time before. If you really want it on PC play it on an emulator.

And I was talking about PCgamer as a PC news outlet always begging for console games. Rather than report on actual PC gaming news.

I don't care. I have spent 8 days in the house now and will snap at everyone and anyone even if its out of context.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

just emulate problem solved.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendoboy16

@jaydan said:

@nintendoboy16: I don't quite follow. Why the laughing gif?

Posting some of the same BS known anti-Nintendo gamers say when they port/third party beg out of Nintendo, learning NOTHING from history (SEGA)?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jaydan

@nintendoboy16: I don't know what the hell you're smoking but you should lay it low before making rampant accusations.

I've been in fact enjoying the hell out of New Horizons on the Switch since it launched, and I am no PC gamer either.

I came in this thread pretty transparent to the idea of it going to PC; not because it benefits me personally, but beneficial to new audiences that can enjoy the series.

Quit being a blind fanboy.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_master_race

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Given they port-begged for Breath of the Wild not long ago, I believe it. If it was a magazine dedicated to Nintendo (Nintendo Power never did anything like this during the Cube era), PlayStation, and XBOX, they would be scorched

Fortunately PC gaming is a free market , so they won't have to worry about getting scorched and of-course they bagged for Zelda while Nintendo kept being Nintendo , now look the money is going directly into cemu-team patron instead of Nintendo ....

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoboy16

@jaydan said:

@nintendoboy16: I don't know what the hell you're smoking but you should lay it low before making rampant accusations.

I've been in fact enjoying the hell out of New Horizons on the Switch since it launched, and I am no PC gamer either.

I came in this thread pretty transparent to the idea of it going to PC; not because it benefits me personally, but beneficial to new audiences that can enjoy the series.

Quit being a blind fanboy.

Just saying. Nintendo anywhere else spells disaster and the appeal isn't there (no matter what the port beggars at PC Gamer write as "journalism").

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Just saying. Nintendo anywhere else spells disaster and the appeal isn't there (no matter what the port beggars at PC Gamer write as "journalism").

So, Nintendo games are only good in isolation. Gotcha.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Begging for Animal Crossing too?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

More games on PC = a good thing

I think they seem to know just fine what PC gaming is all about.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Hermits begging for games, its actually pathetic. You chose PC, so live with what you get and stop the begging, you ain't no master race.

Hermits remind me of children who have toys, but when they see another child with a different toy they throw theirs and cry because they can't have the other childrens toys, grow the **** up.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_master_race

@i_p_daily said:

Hermits begging for games, its actually pathetic. You chose PC, so live with what you get and stop the begging, you ain't no master race.

Hermits remind me of children who have toys, but when they see another child with a different toy they throw theirs and cry because they can't have the other childrens toys, grow the **** up.

seek therapy , you're not alright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@the_master_race said:
@i_p_daily said:

This coming from a person who calls themselves "the master race"

#lookinthemirror

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

PCGamer writes an article about liking Animal Crossing and implying they want Ninty games on PC. Not sure what's so incredibly wrong about that, but let's turn this into PC gamers being pathetic beggars why don't we.

I'm a PC Gamer. I also like Animal Crossing, so I also have it on Switch. Would it be nice to not have to get an expensive seperate machine to play it and play it on the machine you already have instead? Of fucking course it would. As long as it didn't fick up N's business, I'd be down.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

Keep fighting that good fight XD

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

That would certainly be cool, the more people who get to play Animal Crossing the better :D

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@the_master_race said:
@i_p_daily said:

This coming from a person who calls themselves "the master race"

#lookinthemirror

"PC Master Race" is just a meme, and I hardly consider myself lol PC Master Race. At the despite I'm pro PC, I'm still a gamer. Gaming has always been my life long passion ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: Its a meme UNTIL someone believes it, one would have to believe it to name themselves it, and a LOT of hermits believe it, even you even though you won't admit it.

Also don't pretend that hermits don't think they're better than everyone else because they play on PC. They think they play better therefor they think they are better.

And you know what they say beggars can't be choosers lol.

#stopthebegging

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

PC Gamers living rent free in IP's head

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@drlostrib said:

I never heard of this odd phrase until last year. What does it mean that someone lives "rent-free" in another's head?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

I never heard of this odd phrase until last year. What does it mean that someone lives "rent-free" in another's head?

Basically, someone will just consistently think about a group of individuals or a single individual. IP tends to just post consistently about PC gamers any time a thread crops up (not absolute.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lundy86_4 said:
@onesiphorus said:

Basically, someone will just consistently think about a group of individuals or a single individual. IP tends to just post consistently about PC gamers any time a thread crops up (not absolute.)

@drlostrib said:

I make fun of all cows, hermits and to a lesser extant sheep, if you don't believe me then disprove that? so that theory doesn't work out for you guys.

#stopthebegging

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@lundy86_4 said:

(not absolute.)

I make fun of all cows, hermits and to a lesser extant sheep, if you don't believe me then disprove that? so that theory doesn't work out for you guys.

#stopthebegging

You missed a spot.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

lol no we don't. We really don't.*

There are plenty of casual, intelligent games on PC to play, we don't need time sinks like Animal Crossing to "relax".

Me? I play city builders when I want to chill. There is no real point to it, and it's all very freeform; just build and try to keep the basic RCI scale balanced. About as chill and therapeutic as it can get.

Want to really relax? Take a break from video games.

*With that said, I am in favor of simply having more options for the hell of it, so why not have it on PC.

@davillain- said:

There is also Graveyard Keeper, which is essentially Stardew Valley but with black, macabre humor.

Where does My Time At Portia fit in here? Similar enough? I have not played it so that is why I ask.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

LOL. Gotta love PC fanboys. They are a joke this generation. The Epic Games Store did a number on them. lol.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@jaydan said:

It's true, it does look extremely boring watching gameplay on Twitch. Lol Haven't played it, though, so I fit into that metric.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the_master_race

@luxuryheart said:

LOL. Gotta love PC fanboys. They are a joke this generation. The Epic Games Store did a number on them. lol.

you mean by giving us free games ? ... yeah the number keeps going up

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

PC Gamer's best days are long behind them.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

By fun do they mean tedium?

Also seems being locked up has made people on here sillier then usual.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jaydan

My favorite tune so far I've experienced in the game. Smooth as hell.

Loading Video...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@jaydan: That is pretty sick

xantufrog

Forum Posts