PC Exclusive Puts Consoles to Shame!

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

Analog to digital transmition wasn't a leap?

Black and white to color wasn't a big leap for the industry ?

R4gn4r0k

I made to say *just*, SD to HD was a massive leap and it cost the industry billions. It took ages for content to be made and only now are we seeing the benefits of HD on a broadcasting level. Like I said before, many stations are still broadcasting in SD because the cost to upgrade to HD equipment is astronomical.

Whatever, I think we are both reading eachothers post too literally :P

I wasn't saying that 4k would be standard tomorrow. I'm saying that 1080p TVs won't be the standard for ever; just like 720p/480/576 TVs weren't

Maybe :P I have a degree in broadcasting so its kinda a thing for me :D
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Damn I read your post wrong once again. Lol, it's time for to go to bed:P

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Maybe :P I have a degree in broadcasting so its kinda a thing for me :DR4gn4r0k

Maybe ? What's the Alternative: Having 1080p from now untill eternity ?

Now we're in the HD world, I think 1080p will be around for a long time. The average joe wont be able to tell the difference and like I said before, transmitting 4K is a broadcast engineers nightmare. Its difficult enough trying to get 1080p content to transmission without too much compression. The big area where 4K will see action will be in the large screen market for big events. Having one screen is much cheaper than hiring in large, noisy and hot projectors.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 R4gn4r0k

Now we're in the HD world, I think 1080p will be around for a long time. The average joe wont be able to tell the difference and like I said before,transmitting 4K is a broadcast engineers nightmare. Its difficult enough trying to get 1080p content to transmission without too much compression. The big area where 4K will see action will be in the large screen market for big events. Having one screen is much cheaper than hiring in large, noisy and hot projectors.

clyde46

But those are difficulties to get around. I'd imagine it not being easy to have sound and video play all at once and synchronous; Yet they managed it;

These difficulties may be here in the present but they can be solved in the future.

The average joe was scared out of their mind when they first saw a train coming at them in the first piece of film they ever saw. You don't see an entire audience running out of theatres anymore do you ? Times change, standards change

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

The Total War series. That is all.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

Now we're in the HD world, I think 1080p will be around for a long time. The average joe wont be able to tell the difference and like I said before,transmitting 4K is a broadcast engineers nightmare. Its difficult enough trying to get 1080p content to transmission without too much compression. The big area where 4K will see action will be in the large screen market for big events. Having one screen is much cheaper than hiring in large, noisy and hot projectors.

R4gn4r0k

But those are difficulties to get around. I'd imagine it not being easy to have sound and video play all at once and synchronous; Yet they managed it;

These difficulties may be here in the present but they can be solved in the future.

The average joe was scared out of their mind when they first saw a train coming at them in the first piece of film they ever saw. You don't see an entire audience running out of theatres anymore do you ? Times change, standards change

I'm not saying it wont come but its for a long time. The time, money or effort on the part of broadcasters just isnt there for 4K content. They will most likely get around the problems but it comes down to cost. Will they stump up the huge amount of dosh for at the moment, very little in return.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 R4gn4r0k

I'm not saying it wont come but its for a long time. clyde46

Buuuuuuuu... all this time I was discussing with you because you said this : :P

Nope, 4K will not be the standard for consumer homes. clyde46

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I'm not saying it wont come but its for a long time. R4gn4r0k

Buuuuuuuu... all this time I was discussing with you because you said this : :P

Nope, 4K will not be the standard for consumer homes. clyde46

You've confuzzled me.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 R4gn4r0k

You've confuzzled me.clyde46

Victory ! :P

No man, it was very informative talking to you. But I have one more thing to say: I own a 1080p TV yet not a single channel in my country transmits video at that resolution and my PS3 and 360 don't play games in that resolution so why did I buy one ? Why did so many others in my country and countries like mine buy one and not a 720p TV ?

Because I can watch blu-rays and I can hook up my PC to it if I want to see full res stuff. And to be prepared for next gen consoles that will most likely be 1080p.

So even if broadcasting channels don't have the equipment yet to transmit 4K data I will get a 4K TV if it's become mainstream and affordable.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#160 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Sick. I'll be getting it after exams.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#161 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

LOL that looks absolutely horrible

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#162 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Davekeeh

yawn. Get new material. We all know that if this was a PS3 exclusive you'd be calling it the second coming.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"] You've confuzzled me.R4gn4r0k

Victory ! :P

No man, it was very informative talking to you. But I have one more thing to say: I own a 1080p TV yet not a single channel in my country transmits video at that resolution and my PS3 and 360 don't play games in that resolution so why did I buy one ? Why did so many others in my country and countries like mine buy one and not a 720p TV ?

Because I can watch blu-rays and I can hook up my PC to it if I want to see full res stuff. And to be prepared for next gen consoles that will most likely be 1080p.

So even if broadcasting channels don't have the equipment yet to transmit 4K data I will get a 4K TV if it's become mainstream and affordable.

1080p capable sets are better quailty than 720p. Thats why you hardly ever see TVs that are 32in or bigger in anything but 1080p capable. When the content is filmed, for example a sports event. They will always film in uncompressed 1080, 4:2:2. From the time it gets to your TV screen at home, its been compressed to 720p thanks in part to the tight restrictions on bandwidth. I'm a camera man by trade, not a broadcast engineer but I do have some technical knowledge.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Rofl I loved the part after 30 secs when he and his enemy dont wanna charge eachother and then some random guy runs in and bashes the enemy in the face with an axe

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

That looked very interesting...I have to try it.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

PC eXclusives... has anything interesting come out since Half-Life 2?

Nope

lol PChildren

Raymundo_Manuel

Your avatar is a good start.

Made it myself is well : )

But alas, PC Gaming flops compared to consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

EvanTheGamer

In your opinion? Probably.

I can honestly say your opinion counts for sh*t with regards to anybody else, though :lol:

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

Nope

lol PChildren

EvanTheGamer

It's a pretty awesome game.

There is a mod out there to replace all in-game models with Star Trek counterparts. With that mod it becomes the greatest Star Trek game ever made.

I can't remember the name of the mod though :(

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Davekeeh

292723_474288182594262_32165098_n.jpg

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

wis3boi

292723_474288182594262_32165098_n.jpg

I love this story

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

Nope

lol PChildren

EvanTheGamer

You made that all by yourself?

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Pretty sure that despite Chivalry being a PC exclusive, the sort of people that will be playing it are not the sort that have anything against console gaming, I have nothing against console gaming although in many situations I do feel consoles are a bit handicapped and that more recent 3D games(as opposed to platformers and fighting games for instance) have been suffering greatly in terms of visibility due to upscaling from low resolutions and all the motion blur used to hide choppy framerates but there are games like Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon which are plenty of fun and far from taxing even on console hardware, I just wish more developers made games like that, i.e where visibility is maintained at all costs. Anyway this is a proper video of Chivalry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iFaQ6ipMCw&hd=1&t=6m1s
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Graphics and the enviroments look very nice. Will have to see how good the combat is hands on. It looks a bit messy from that video.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#174 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

When I clicked on the link a got excited thinking it was an openworld RPG like Skyrim. but it turn's out its an online mulitplayer game, not interest now

And I hope Next-gen games look a lot better than that

Go play the Forza Horizon demo that game looks insanely good on Xbox 360, next-gen graphic's are going to blow your mind come on E3

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

I don't think mods should count-- when deciding the quality of a game. If your deciding to buy a game, look into the mods. Game quality is adjusted by mods which is why it isn't , in my opinion, a proper way to judge games.

R4gn4r0k

A game not including mod support CAN be a deal breaker to me. That is not always the case.

Do you think mods should count when comparing one system to another though ?

Comparing systems? Sure, that is a capability of the system after all.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#176 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

There really is no PC exclusives I care enough for to max out my PC again. Sure I like some games, but I get everything I like on consoles since I hate MMOs, RTS and MOBAs or whatever they're called. The rest I get on Steam Sales if needed.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

Yeah that's why some say RTS/MMOs/Mods don't count, because they don't have them or they suck on consoles.

illmatic87

I don't think mods should count-- when deciding the quality of a game. If your deciding to buy a game, look into the mods. Game quality is adjusted by mods which is why it isn't , in my opinion, a proper way to judge games.

Who cares? Mods add and expand on my enjoyment of a game, let alone create a product of its own that's free in value. They sure as hell count, you just can't quantify them, and their value to a consumer shouldn't be taken away due to some pseudo-system wars-metagame nonsense.

When did I mention any meta-game nonsense? I said, when deciding the quality of the game. I didn't say anything about system wars either. Also, not everyone can use every mod so it is important to keep that in mind.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Looks really good. I might get it.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 TilxWLOC

Oh, and bethseda needs to take note. This is how you do sword combat, not Skyrim's slow clunky mess.

Stringerboy

I don't usua-- ever agree with you, but, yeah, you're right.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
Pretty sure that despite Chivalry being a PC exclusive, the sort of people that will be playing it are not the sort that have anything against console gaming, I have nothing against console gaming although in many situations I do feel consoles are a bit handicapped and that more recent 3D games(as opposed to platformers and fighting games for instance) have been suffering greatly in terms of visibility due to upscaling from low resolutions and all the motion blur used to hide choppy framerates but there are games like Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon which are plenty of fun and far from taxing even on console hardware, I just wish more developers made games like that, i.e where visibility is maintained at all costs. Anyway this is a proper video of Chivalry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iFaQ6ipMCw&hd=1&t=6m1sZubinen
I own all the consoles and love the games each console has to offer but if I hadn't used the language I did for the title and OP no one would come in to look at the game. Thank you for providing another great gameplay video, there are quite a few out there but i chose the one I did because it was short.