PC dominated by older titles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@MBirdy88: 10 hour old man meets young girl cutscene riddled outdated shooting mechanics game... or a 800k peak strong esport competitive game that costs nothing to play...

HMMMMMM."

More goty awards than any game in history. Tough fact for herms to swallow, but try hard enough and it will work it's way down.

Stay jelly. B-)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@MBirdy88: 10 hour old man meets young girl cutscene riddled outdated shooting mechanics game... or a 800k peak strong esport competitive game that costs nothing to play...

HMMMMMM."

More goty awards than any game in history. Tough fact for herms to swallow, but try hard enough and it will work it's way down.

Stay jelly. B-)

So...?

Or are you going to tell me that Titanic is one of the greatest movies ever?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@lostrib:

Loading Video...

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

wait so free games for free are a bad thing now? btw how many sales has divinity racked up? since thats not a free game...

how about instead of whining about all the free games your moms laptop cant handle, so you miss out on them and how good they can be tribes ascended for example, why dont you stick to looking at news for your game console, instead of looking at free to play games that any pc gamer could run and getting jelly over the fact ur mommmys lap top cant run them..... and then publicising that fact all over this forum... sheesh

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@amazonangry said:
"

Nobody will play it in a year though. Nobody would be even playing it this year if it weren't for PS4 re-release. As great as that game is, it burns out extremely fast.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#156 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

HMMMMMM."

Stay jelly. B-)

So...?

Or are you going to tell me that Titanic is one of the greatest movies ever?

it's a lie I tell to my GF.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By AmazonAngry

@AdrianWerner: Nobody will play it in a year though. "Nobody would be even playing it this year if it weren't for PS4 re-release. As great as that game is, it burns out extremely fast."

Your statement is inaccurate, and comes not from you actually having played the campaign or mp. The mp is still very active, and I've personally got 5 playthroughs in the campaign. Once it drops for ps4, all those that didn't play it before will be hooked, thus proving you wrong again.

Probably shouldn't post anymore, son. Please deactivate your account. Thank you.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@Cranler said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Comparing Half Life 2 a game from 2004, to UC2 released 5 years later...

Also wow that AI running away, mind blowing, never before seen.

Nowadays most games have ai that just pops out of cover.

UC 2 uses the same ai system from the original Uncharted which came out in 2007, same year that HL 2 Episode 2 came out. Would you like to compare the ai of those 2 games?

You don't know that, unless you have access to the code. You can't infer it's the same just because they act similar.

Still, from 2004 to 2007 is a pretty significant lapse from a technological standpoint.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

lol console gamers throw a tantrum when someone brings up the PC during one of their usual contests of which turd is more polished on consoles, with the all too familiar 'bu bu bu we don't care about PC, teh gameplayz'.

Then you guys make threads like these to prove your gaming machines are somehow more valid. One simply lol, try harder.

Yeah on PC people don't throw away games after a month, they'll play a good game for years to come. It's a good thing not a bad one.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@Cranler said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

UC 2 uses the same ai system from the original Uncharted which came out in 2007, same year that HL 2 Episode 2 came out. Would you like to compare the ai of those 2 games?

You don't know that, unless you have access to the code. You can't infer it's the same just because they act similar.

Still, from 2004 to 2007 is a pretty significant lapse from a technological standpoint.

It's high doubtlful that the revamped the ai system since it plays out the same and does it matter? Uncharted 2007 ai and gunplay destroys Half Life 2007 ai and gunplay.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#161 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

PC games like warcraft III are so content rich, hundreds of years on (and even today) peoples go back and play it.

Games like Metal Gear Solid 4s, Uncharted, Last Of Us, once 1 play-through, get past graphics... waste of time?
Yes.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@Jag85 said:

It looks like free-to-play is the future of gaming, by the look of things.

God... I hope not.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#163 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

" id there wasn't a single title released in 2013 that made the top 20 listof most played games for that year""

Loading Video...

This video adresses 2013 exlusives and most played games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@amazonangry people like shiny things, it gets awarded, whoopdey do. never seen it win best multiplay or best shooter... just so called "best game" for raisons! (graphics/story) ... ironically the last 2 things that make a game a game. redudant awards, long term communities speak far more volumes, but then your a sad act playing a linear single player game 5 times through in a year which never changes and has little to no substance... and don't try and fool anyone... the MP has enough players to play... not super active.

@Cranler "Uncharted 2007 ai and gunplay destroys Half Life 2007 ai and gunplay." --- and and that point I can safely wash my hands with you, trying as hard as the muppet I quoted before you. Half-Life is 2004 ... you really gonna suggest that ep 2 was suppose to have massive upgrades in those departments.... both are mediocre in the gunplay department.... both are below par for their genre... to say UC's is better though... damn flat out troll mode.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler "Uncharted 2007 ai and gunplay destroys Half Life 2007 ai and gunplay." --- and and that point I can safely wash my hands with you, trying as hard as the muppet I quoted before you. Half-Life is 2004 ... you really gonna suggest that ep 2 was suppose to have massive upgrades in those departments.... both are mediocre in the gunplay department.... both are below par for their genre... to say UC's is better though... damn flat out troll mode.

Doing Episodes instead of full games shouldn't give the dev the freedom to slack. UC has great gunplay and better ai than it's competition. Fear is the only game that has ai that can compete.

UC's enemies actually take cover, flush, retreat and flank while Combine just stands still in the open. UC's has a cover system while HL doesn't even have leaning.

You sound like the typical hermit on here who judges games they've never played.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

lol console gamers throw a tantrum when someone brings up the PC during one of their usual contests of which turd is more polished on consoles, with the all too familiar 'bu bu bu we don't care about PC, teh gameplayz'.

Then you guys make threads like these to prove your gaming machines are somehow more valid. One simply lol, try harder.

Yeah on PC people don't throw away games after a month, they'll play a good game for years to come. It's a good thing not a bad one.

That's what I wrote too. It's not a bad thing, it's in fact great. On consoles I sometimes launched a game that was a year or 2 years old and there were already empty servers everywhere. People already moved on to the next big thing. On PC there are lots of older games with active communities. Games that people with older computers can still start up for the first time and find people to play with.

"PC is dominated by older games, why do PC gamers support games for a long time like that"

"PC barely has any games, I only have to combine the libraries of 3 systems in order to beat it"

I love it when console fanboys themselves offer the arguments to why PC gaming is the superior platform. Leaves more time for PC gamers to play games.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: A few years ago when I still had my X360, I wanted to play some COD2 on-line but sadly I was unable to find others to play with.

Which was a shame because that was one of my favourite and first X360 games (the other was Quake 4) at launch.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@R4gn4r0k said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

That's what I wrote too. It's not a bad thing, it's in fact great. On consoles I sometimes launched a game that was a year or 2 years old and there were already empty servers everywhere. People already moved on to the next big thing. On PC there are lots of older games with active communities. Games that people with older computers can still start up for the first time and find people to play with.

"PC is dominated by older games, why do PC gamers support games for a long time like that"

"PC barely has any games, I only have to combine the libraries of 3 systems in order to beat it"

I love it when console fanboys themselves offer the arguments to why PC gaming is the superior platform. Leaves more time for PC gamers to play games.

Exactly, and every gen consoles start from a completely clean slate with their libraries. How is that something to celebrate? I'm not loving this sahara games drought on the current gen as much as everyone else here seems to be.

On no other consumer device would this make any sense, DVDs, Music. Think of the libraries people have built up physically and digitally on consoles last gen, only to have it wiped clean with a new gen. When they do 'allow' you backwards compatibility, it's marketed as a feature, you couldn't make this shit up. And everything we've added to our digital accounts on XBL and PSN count for nothing on the new consoles, and fanboys celebrate this?

I also tried some old XBLA games, servers are empty, and if it's not them it's the publishers like EA and others shutting down servers. Sony forcing gamers to move onto GT6, which is disgusting, GT I imagine is a game that has quite the community. Nintendo from what I understand has already shut down all online gaming on the Wii.

I never realised until I went to the PC recently, just how much money is thrown around and wasted on consoles. Paying for hardware, subscriptions and royalties. Online life span at the mercy of the publishers and whatever. And the fanboys have the nerve to tell us it's better value. It's not better anything.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#169 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@Cranler said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@Cranler said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

It's high doubtlful that the revamped the ai system since it plays out the same and does it matter? Uncharted 2007 ai and gunplay destroys Half Life 2007 ai and gunplay.

The port of Half Life 2 that came out in 2007 for consoles was probably just a straight port, meaning it's the same as the 2004 build.

I doubt it "destroys it" but it's only natural that a game that comes out 3 years later than other to have better AI, especially if it's only coded for one platform. It's not a big achievement.

And the "fact" (according to you, even if you don't know what's happening behind scenes -code-) that ND recycled the same AI from UC1 to UC2 says a lot about the little effort they put to innovate their AI.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Cranler: What excactly is Uncharted competing against? I mean I get why we compared it with half life 2 considering how well recognized it is, but now you are starting to compare an indiana jones-tomb raider story driven-third person shooter with a horror game...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Doing Episodes instead of full games shouldn't give the dev the freedom to slack. UC has great gunplay and better ai than it's competition. Fear is the only game that has ai that can compete.

UC's enemies actually take cover, flush, retreat and flank while Combine just stands still in the open. UC's has a cover system while HL doesn't even have leaning.

You sound like the typical hermit on here who judges games they've never played.

Except I have played UC1/UC2.

I was leaning more towards the gunplay, both are akward and crap. and yes your right about the a.i.... but fact of the matter is.... thats a 2004 game. where physics were barely a thing. it had flaws. and is hardly relevent to last generation.... infact all HL2 ended up being used for was mocking xbox360/PS3 because the cinematic mods made it stand up to them.

Comparing a previous gen game to a PS3/Xbox360 gen game....

Why do you even keep resorting to Half-Life as some staple when FEAR.... was was originally PC only.... had much better A.I a year later.

Not that this matters, cover systems are standard, and Uncharteds gunplay is still absolutely pathetic for its time. especially following things like Gears of War even.... so you can cherry pick the a.i over half-life... as if that was some holy grail of pc a.i at the time or something.

Oh wait... I said I was done with you, so this moment on I am... just another troll that is more subtle about it.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#172  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Well said.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By AmazonAngry

@MBirdy88: mmmmmm...the jelly has destroyed your mind. I know its hard accepting TLOU is the gotg, but just gotta accept it, for it is true.

Stay jelly. :)

Funny how you have Titanfall in your avatar...A game that has been forgotten after only being out a number of months...while TLOU is still being discussed, play, and debated a year after. :)

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Cranler

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@Cranler said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@Cranler said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

The port of Half Life 2 that came out in 2007 for consoles was probably just a straight port, meaning it's the same as the 2004 build.

I doubt it "destroys it" but it's only natural that a game that comes out 3 years later than other to have better AI, especially if it's only coded for one platform. It's not a big achievement.

And the "fact" (according to you, even if you don't know what's happening behind scenes -code-) that ND recycled the same AI from UC1 to UC2 says a lot about the little effort they put to innovate their AI.

Guess I wasn;t clear enough, when I said HL 2007 I was speaking of Episode 2.

How many games today have better ai than Fear from 2005?

The ai in Uncharted was already ahead of the curve. Gears ai looked archaic in comparison.

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Except I have played UC1/UC2.

I was leaning more towards the gunplay, both are akward and crap. and yes your right about the a.i.... but fact of the matter is.... thats a 2004 game. where physics were barely a thing. it had flaws. and is hardly relevent to last generation.... infact all HL2 ended up being used for was mocking xbox360/PS3 because the cinematic mods made it stand up to them.

Comparing a previous gen game to a PS3/Xbox360 gen game....

Why do you even keep resorting to Half-Life as some staple when FEAR.... was was originally PC only.... had much better A.I a year later.

Not that this matters, cover systems are standard, and Uncharteds gunplay is still absolutely pathetic for its time. especially following things like Gears of War even.... so you can cherry pick the a.i over half-life... as if that was some holy grail of pc a.i at the time or something.

Oh wait... I said I was done with you, so this moment on I am... just another troll that is more subtle about it.

Fear is a one trick pony. The ai was all that game really had.

Uncharted doesn't feel awkward to me and I'd say it's got the best firefights of any tps or fps.

How is the gunplay pathetic? On top of the cover system, Uncharted has stealth and a competent hand to hand fighting system.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Cranler

@roler42 said:

@Cranler: What excactly is Uncharted competing against? I mean I get why we compared it with half life 2 considering how well recognized it is, but now you are starting to compare an indiana jones-tomb raider story driven-third person shooter with a horror game...

What horror game is it being compared to?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 R4gn4r0k

@gameofthering said:

@R4gn4r0k: A few years ago when I still had my X360, I wanted to play some COD2 on-line but sadly I was unable to find others to play with.

Which was a shame because that was one of my favourite and first X360 games (the other was Quake 4) at launch.

I heard that people still play COD 2 online to this day on PC.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Exactly, and every gen consoles start from a completely clean slate with their libraries. How is that something to celebrate? I'm not loving this sahara games drought on the current gen as much as everyone else here seems to be.

On no other consumer device would this make any sense, DVDs, Music. Think of the libraries people have built up physically and digitally on consoles last gen, only to have it wiped clean with a new gen. When they do 'allow' you backwards compatibility, it's marketed as a feature, you couldn't make this shit up. And everything we've added to our digital accounts on XBL and PSN count for nothing on the new consoles, and fanboys celebrate this?

I also tried some old XBLA games, servers are empty, and if it's not them it's the publishers like EA and others shutting down servers. Sony forcing gamers to move onto GT6, which is disgusting, GT I imagine is a game that has quite the community. Nintendo from what I understand has already shut down all online gaming on the Wii.

I never realised until I went to the PC recently, just how much money is thrown around and wasted on consoles. Paying for hardware, subscriptions and royalties. Online life span at the mercy of the publishers and whatever. And the fanboys have the nerve to tell us it's better value. It's not better anything.

I remember Microsoft giving up on 360 compatibility. So you had around half of your Xbox games work on 360 and half of them didn't.

The only thing cheap about consoles is the hardware. Then you end up paying more for every game you buy. You want to play your old games ? Be prepared to buy HD remasters. Want to buy a charger for your Xbone controller ? that's another 30 euro. Want to play your games online? Sure, if you pay for it.

People who say console gaming in cheaper don't take into account so many things... For me, over the long run, PC gaming has always been cheaper than console gaming.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 AdrianWerner

@amazonangry said:

@AdrianWerner: Nobody will play it in a year though. "Nobody would be even playing it this year if it weren't for PS4 re-release. As great as that game is, it burns out extremely fast."

Your statement is inaccurate, and comes not from you actually having played the campaign or mp. The mp is still very active, and I've personally got 5 playthroughs in the campaign. Once it drops for ps4, all those that didn't play it before will be hooked, thus proving you wrong again.

Probably shouldn't post anymore, son. Please deactivate your account. Thank you.

Few people are playing Ucharted 3 anymore . But keep living in a fantasy. Naughty Dog games have no real legs. In a year TLOU will be a wasteland.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 HalcyonScarlet

@R4gn4r0k said:

@gameofthering said:

I heard that people still play COD 2 online to this day on PC.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I remember Microsoft giving up on 360 compatibility. So you had around half of your Xbox games work on 360 and half of them didn't.

The only thing cheap about consoles is the hardware. Then you end up paying more for every game you buy. You want to play your old games ? Be prepared to buy HD remasters. Want to buy a charger for your Xbone controller ? that's another 30 euro. Want to play your games online? Sure, if you pay for it.

People who say console gaming in cheaper don't take into account so many things... For me, over the long run, PC gaming has always been cheaper than console gaming.

Exactly, console gamers try to do direct hardware comparisons because that's just about all they have, but I didn't get just how much milking MS and Sony do on consoles. You even have to get an online subscription to access the deals lol. I'm glad I was disappointed with the hardware of the current gen, otherwise I would never have moved on and I would spend another gen getting milked. Thing is it was never like this before last gen. Anyways, I'm planning on using the current gen console just for a few exclusives only now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 R4gn4r0k

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Exactly, console gamers try to do direct hardware comparisons because that's just about all they have, but I didn't get just how much milking MS and Sony do on consoles. You even have to get an online subscription to access the deals lol. I'm glad I was disappointed with the hardware of the current gen, otherwise I would never have moved on and I would spend another gen getting milked. Thing is it was never like this before last gen. Anyways, I'm planning on using the current gen console just for a few exclusives only now.

I think the main reason why PS4 is selling so well is because console gamers had to wait 8 years for new hardware and this seems like a big step up.

But I'm not in a hurry, my 3 year old PC can still manage just fine and even beats consoles in most multiplats... I'll surely get consoles for their exclusives too, but with the weak amount that is available now, I can sit it out a while.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 HalcyonScarlet

@R4gn4r0k said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I think the main reason why PS4 is selling so well is because console gamers had to wait 8 years for new hardware and this seems like a big step up.

But I'm not in a hurry, my 3 year old PC can still manage just fine and even beats consoles in most multiplats... I'll surely get consoles for their exclusives too, but with the weak amount that is available now, I can sit it out a while.

You are wise to do so. I should have done the same. Right now only the Wii U is worth owning. I've learnt my lesson though, I'm never going to early adopt again. The thing is, the first year in the Xbox 360s life wasn't this dry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@amazonangry said:

@MBirdy88: mmmmmm...the jelly has destroyed your mind. I know its hard accepting TLOU is the gotg, but just gotta accept it, for it is true.

Funny how you have Titanfall in your avatar...A game that has been forgotten after only being out a number of months...while TLOU is still being discussed, play, and debated a year after. :)

the only people that being TLOU is cows desperate to pretend that it justifys their long game droughts and 10 hour bargin binned low value titles.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@amazonangry said:

the only people that being TLOU is cows desperate to pretend that it justifys their long game droughts and 10 hour bargin binned low value titles.

TLOU is good but the length that some users on here go to worship the thing....

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@MBirdy88: mmmmmm...the jelly has destroyed your mind. I know its hard accepting TLOU is the gotg,

TLOU is only 8.0, how is it gotg?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@MBirdy88: mmmmmm...the jelly has destroyed your mind. I know its hard accepting TLOU is the gotg,

there is a small % of sites where TLOU got "low" scores, this site is thanks to the worst reviewer to ever exist, Tom McShea, that gives hyped games low scores because he wants attention. Take it as you will. TLOU received almost universal praise by reviewers and gamers alike which is incredibly hard to do and got the most gotys everywhere. One joke site like gamespot won't change that. According to gamespot Gone Home > The Last of Us and Halo, why? because it had a lesbo story and the reviewer is transexual, the same one that lowered the score of GTA V for depicting woman the wrong way even though GTA makes fun of every single stereotype, too much for not letting political and personal views go into reviews. GTA V was reviewed by a woman on IGN and she understood the fact that they were making parody of everything in modern 'murica.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Krelian-co said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

there is a small % of sites where TLOU got "low" scores, this site is thanks to the worst reviewer to ever exist, Tom McShea, that gives hyped games low scores because he wants attention. Take it as you will. TLOU received almost universal praise by reviewers and gamers alike which is incredibly hard to do and got the most gotys everywhere. One joke site like gamespot won't change that. According to gamespot Gone Home > The Last of Us and Halo, why? because it had a lesbo story and the reviewer is transexual, the same one that lowered the score of GTA V for depicting woman the wrong way even though GTA makes fun of every single stereotype, too much for not letting political and personal views go into reviews. GTA V was reviewed by a woman on IGN and she understood the fact that they were making parody of everything in modern 'murica.

Well said. Of course, do you really expect him to listen? By the fact he made that comment, he is just trolling the game. He knows the reviews and praise it got all over the place. It's just discrimination.

He said it was the game of the generation....I'm a troll for disagreeing to THAT statement?

Please try to think for a second what game of the generation implies. And I only used GS scores because I thought thats what we are supposed to use here.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@scottpsfan14 said: So I'm not allowed to disagree with him calling TLOU the gotg? I feel it is a set-peice rental at best...and I use GS's score as my backup, there is nothing wrong with that.

I see no problem in what I said. This is a discussion forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Krelian-co said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

Well said. Of course, do you really expect him to listen? By the fact he made that comment, he is just trolling the game. He knows the reviews and praise it got all over the place. It's just discrimination.

sigh, you agree with him, yet any logical conclusion that media reviews and goty awards are a very narrow perception on how the end user rates and reviews these games, or how they influence them long term is not taken into account because that is inconveniant to cows.... or anyone else that thinks these reviewers words are gospel and that most awards means its the best game ever... when in reality all it really means is it is a prime game in that genre on that system that year. Not to mention the reality that the game's main focus was its graphics/presentation and Story... in the gameplay department there are tons of videos out there proven how poor the A.I is.... and the gunplay is standard outdated affairs, the online mode is barely taken into consideration in the reviews and qhile quirky had no staying power.

IT won because it was impressive... outside of the gameplay department.

I'd be pushed to find anyone that thought MGS4 was the best game of its year and best graphics but alas that is what happened then too and cows milked that mediocre sequel's media results for years.... same is happening with TLOU now.

tell me why critics... who just review games for numbers and often dont have the time to delve into deep games for proper reviews are more important measurements than lets say DoTA 2's influence on the industry compared to TLOU (I'l give you a hint..... DOTA 2 absolutely slams it in overall relevance, effect on e-sport, player interest and is a game that actually challenges the player.)

the goty awards is an absolutely low bar way to measure anything.... TLOU was just "that pretty game that was amazing to watch in motion" just like Uncharted 2 and then goes into irrelevance when graphics get better. Meanwhile..... gamers are playing games... for the actual gameplay years later in increasing numbers.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Krelian-co said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

sigh, you agree with him, yet any logical conclusion that media reviews and goty awards are a very narrow perception on how the end user rates and reviews these games, or how they influence them long term is not taken into account because that is inconveniant to cows.... or anyone else that thinks these reviewers words are gospel and that most awards means its the best game ever... when in reality all it really means is it is a prime game in that genre on that system that year. Not to mention the reality that the game's main focus was its graphics/presentation and Story... in the gameplay department there are tons of videos out there proven how poor the A.I is.... and the gunplay is standard outdated affairs, the online mode is barely taken into consideration in the reviews and qhile quirky had no staying power.

I'd be pushed to find anyone that thought MGS4 was the best game of its year and best graphics but alas that is what happened then too and cows milked that mediocre sequel's media results for years.... same is happening with TLOU now.

tell me why critics... who just review games for numbers and often dont have the time to delve into deep games for proper reviews are more important measurements than lets say DoTA 2's influence on the industry compared to TLOU (I'l give you a hint..... DOTA 2 absolutely slams it in overall relevance, effect on e-sport, player interest and is a game that actually challenges the player.)

the goty awards is an absolutely low bar way to measure anything.... TLOU was just "that pretty game that was amazing to watch in motion" just like Uncharted 2 and then goes into irrelevance when graphics get better. Meanwhile..... gamers are playing games... for the actual gameplay years later in increasing numbers.

Your post is a joke, brb reserving space for ownage later, check back in an hour or two when i have time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Krelian-co said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Krelian-co said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

Your post is a joke, brb reserving space for ownage later, check back in an hour or two when i have time.

You could of just... posted later... what a joke. I'm less likely to notice a friggin edit because you don't get notified about edits.

let me guess, box sales numbers ..... award lists.... blah blah blah.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

the good thing about pc is the community is strong for older games compared to consoles where people usually flock to the new games. bad company 2 servers are dead on xbox so i bought it on pc and its still very active. thank you gabe

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 uninspiredcup

Modern console games do not have the substance to sustain long term gameplay.

Movie games. 4 hours, never look at it again.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 AdrianWerner

@Krelian-co said:

there is a small % of sites where TLOU got "low" scores, this site is thanks to the worst reviewer to ever exist, Tom McShea, that gives hyped games low scores because he wants attention.

Dude. He gave it 8/10. Stop being histerical. That's a great score.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 RoboCopISJesus

@uninspiredcup said:

They are rentals at best. I do like more fleshed out console games like GTA5 but thats going to PC soon and will likely be better on PC.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 RoboCopISJesus

@scottpsfan14 said:some bias PC fanboy thinks. It's like you claim PC games are factually better just because it's on PC. Just stop. On top of the GOTY awards, it really impacted people. More often than not, people rate it as one of the best gaming experiences of their life. Focus on SP is not a crime brethren.

Same goes for console fanboys who think console genres are better or "worth more" simply because they are on consoles. Actually some of the biggest pro-console posters at this site use just that argument and say moba, rts, tbs do not count, with no actual reasons why other than the camera view. I've never heard of something so silly.

The irony is those genres carry possibly the absolute highest skill based video gaming to date.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 uninspiredcup

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@uninspiredcup said:

They are rentals at best. I do like more fleshed out console games like GTA5 but thats going to PC soon and will likely be better on PC.

The peoples go on about "oh the metal gear solids" "oh the uncharted" 10 years from now no one will care. 20 years year from people will still be saying "ohhh the planescape Torment" "ohhhh the Dota 2".

Waste of time.