Pachter Thinks Sony Has The Most Impressive First Party Lineup Out There. What's Your Opinion?

• 115 results
Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

When it comes to First party titles no one does it better than Sony , and Wedbush Security Analyst Michael Pachter seems to think their first party Lineup is probable the most impressive than anybody out there.

In the latest episode of Pachter Factor he went on to say that Sony has the best lineup of first party games that we know about . He also went on to say that Sony has been teasing the gaming community for 2 years and in the aggregate Sony’s lineup will be impressive.

Usually opinions divided on Michael Pachter’s statements , however I feel this is something we can all actually agree upon. For One Horizon Zero Dawn is out on 28th February , and in many peoples opinion it may well be a contender for the game of the year. Hence Sony is churning out game of the year contenders year after year exclusively on its platforms. And they still have the Last Of US 2 and Days Gone in the wings as well,

However he was also of the opinion that in the aggregate Microsoft’s lineup will be impressive as well(really?) and Nintendo may have a good year as well if the likes of Mario Kart, Zelda , Fire Emblem and Splatoon 2 are released on time.

Pachter also went on to say that it is a great time to be a gamer as hardware is really affordable , and there is a ton of software to choose from. He also encouraged PS4 owners to buy the Xbox One if its price drops down to $249 after Scorpio’s launch so they can experience great games such as Halo , Halo Wars 2 and Gears Of War too name a few. Subsequently he also encouraged Xbox fans to go for a Ps4 if its price drops down to $249 or $199 and experience games such as The Last of Us Remastered and The Uncharted Series.

The console wars sometimes does get in between gamers just simply enjoying games and having a good time, and hence I agree with Pachter that console wars are a bit pointless and we should all be glad we live in an era where amazing games are released almost each and every month.

PACHTER SAUCE!!!!!

Mr. Pachter opinion is no better or worst than anyone else's, but I personally think Sony is starting to click on all cylinders when it come to games. He did also say that MS and Nintendo are impressive, but I think he was just being really friendly for the MS fans, but Nintendo will always be Nintendo(Great Games).

He is also correct that it is a good time to a gamer because the barrier of entry has gotten so low with the current console prices and there is no excuse not to own multiple consoles.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

I think he is on crack and is off his rocker.

HughJankles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HughJankles
Member since 2017 • 21 Posts

2017 is def. a strong year for the PS4 lineup. Super excited for this year in gaming with some Sony 1st parties & the Switch release. Microsoft needs to make some noise at this E3 especially with more deets on the Scorpio.

At another forum I use to frequent, we were discussing maybe the reason it seems so scarce on Microsofts side of things with game releases is maybe they've been holding off on release so Scorpio could have a stronger launch. One can only hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I disagree, and think it's not even close to Nintendo's

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Gonna have to disagree there, IMO Nintendo has the overall best future first party lineup. Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Xenoblade 2 all look too awesome to pass up.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Pachter says a lot of things that don't make sense

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Patcher is an idiot, but I do agree with this statement:

Patcher also went on to say that it is a great time to be a gamer as hardware is really affordable , and there is a ton of software to choose from.

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A GAMER and not a dumb ass fanboy!

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#8  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I disagree, I think the only thing the Sony first party offers is alot of exclusives that are not unique in any way. For every Sony exclusive you can usually find a similar multiplat that is sufficient or better than the title. Not to mention a lot of them have low replay value and generally remind me of B-grade movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Nintendo has the best 1st party, at least in my opinion so once again M.P. is proven wrong LOL.

Can we put M.P. articles in the same boat as VGChartz, both of them seem to be full of crap.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kvally

@Xabiss said:

Patcher is an idiot, but I do agree with this statement:

Patcher also went on to say that it is a great time to be a gamer as hardware is really affordable , and there is a ton of software to choose from.

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A GAMER and not a dumb ass fanboy!

Or this:

"he also encouraged Xbox fans to go for a Ps4 if its price drops down to $249 or $199 and experience games such as The Last of Us Remastered"

LOL, buy a console to buy a remaster of an old game.

Good ol' Pachter, clueless as usual.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7703 Posts

So this confirms Nintendo is better

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I would tend to agree but I've enjoyed Playstation exclusives for 20 years now; Uncharted being my favorite series of all time. Nintendo does a good job too but only Zelda, Smash Bros and the occasional other title really interest me of theirs. Gamecube was the last great Nintendo system in my opinion having many great Nintendo exclusives; even Star Fox Adventures was great. I'm hoping the NS generation can bring that greatness back but if not, my PS4 is delivering on the promised greatness as is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

My opinion is he's always wrong so, just sayin. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Make since, since SONY is current gen 8 console leader get the most revenue which leads to technological advancements in development and hardware.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#15 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19547 Posts

What a joker.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Ps4 does have a pretty decent lineup this year. But its hard to beat Nintendo when it comes to first parties.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

He's right. Currently PS4 has

Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Gravity Rush 2, Infamous Second Son + First Light, Until Dawn, The Last of Us Remastered, Nathan Drake Collection, MLB The Show

In the future it is getting

Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, God of War, Detroit Become Human, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Wipeout Omega Collection, GT Sport, etc.

Sony's first party is the best in both quality and quantity and is by far the most diverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a85ba0c54940
deactivated-5a85ba0c54940

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5a85ba0c54940
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@hughjankles: Sounds like a very civil and moderated forum.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7703 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: First party, you are listing bunch of 3rd party titles

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NathanDrakeSwag

@howmakewood said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: First party, you are listing bunch of 3rd party titles

Every game I listed is a Sony owned IP.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

While Sony has a pretty strong lineup this year, Nintendo still has them beat in the 1st party fight. In my opinion of course. Just because Nintendo has a better 1st party, doesn't mean I will enjoy those Sony 1st party games any less. Days Gone and Horizon are 2 games I'm really hyped for.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#22 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

"Bu bu butt Pachter is always wrong"

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@hughjankles said:

2017 is def. a strong year for the PS4 lineup. Super excited for this year in gaming with some Sony 1st parties & the Switch release. Microsoft needs to make some noise at this E3 especially with more deets on the Scorpio.

At another forum I use to frequent, we were discussing maybe the reason it seems so scarce on Microsofts side of things with game releases is maybe they've been holding off on release so Scorpio could have a stronger launch. One can only hope.

@psyd802 said:

Hmmm something's off about you new comers, I just can't put my fingers though? Both of you made accounts on the same day and only one post.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Future looks good for the PS brand, as is true each generation. As such, that's why I chose this brand over the others simply for long term value -- very consistent.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Its amazing how people agree/disagree with Pachter based on his predictions and their own biases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5a85ba0c54940

@davillain-: Let's just say we're refugees from a yet-to-be-banned country.

HughJankles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HughJankles
Member since 2017 • 21 Posts

@davillain- said:
@hughjankles said:

@psyd802 said:

Hmmm something's off about you new comers, I just can't put my fingers though? Both of you made accounts on the same day and only one post.

@davillain- We are coming over from another gaming forum that, quite honestly, is toxic. Finally decided to look for a new place to talk gaming & post. & brought along one of my friends on over. So we both signed up last night. This seems like a well moderated forum & like the posters mainly engage in decent conversation rather than Cows coming in with one off "LOL, SAD." comments or constantly derailing any threads that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: They may own the IP, but they don't own the studio which makes it more like a 2nd party game. Most of those games are not truly 1st party by definition.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Nintendo has Zelda and Mario this year. Either Horizon, GTS and Detroit end up being all amazing games or there really isn't much comparison in terms of "best".

That said, Sony continues to have a ton of variety (this quarter alone you go from GR2 to Horizon, which couldn't be more further apart if they tried) and that is their strongest weapon against everyone I feel. Neither MS or Nintendo manage to have such a wide net of games, at least so consistently. Arguably though, some of those are somewhat "dubious" in regards to their quality but it's good that Sony still bets on them.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

Nintendo has Zelda and Mario this year. Either Horizon, GTS and Detroit end up being all amazing games or there really isn't much comparison in terms of "best".

That said, Sony continues to have a ton of variety (this quarter alone you go from GR2 to Horizon, which couldn't be more further apart if they tried) and that is their strongest weapon against everyone I feel. Neither MS or Nintendo manage to have such a wide net of games, at least so consistently. Arguably though, some of those are somewhat "dubious" in regards to their quality but it's good that Sony still bets on them.

Ehh... there is not a single genre of games that is not covered by Nintendo and their franchises.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

Well, what are the first party games this year? I can think of one from Sony and Ms so far (halo wars and horizon). What other first party games am I missing? Zelda smashes both of those already..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5a85ba0c54940

@charizard1605: Shooters?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: That means little when they're unknown to the public or when they're put on hold for years on end.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

I agree...........SONY has the best 1st party games.And that is the reason why PS4 have dominate this gen......is simply the best.Only the idiot and blind Nintendo/XBOX fanboys they will say......no.

PS4 is the king...............thank you SONY.!!!!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kvally

@SecretPolice said:

Well duh, we all know that. Microsoft's first party is the best in both quality and quantity and is by far the most diverse.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@AtariKidX said:

I agree...........SONY has the best 1st party games.And that is the reason why PS4 have dominate this gen......is simply the best.Only the idiot and blind Nintendo/XBOX fanboys they will say......no.

AtariKid has spoken.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

^ This.

Also: I don't get why people care about Pachter at all, he spouts nothing but nonsense. Remember when he said the Wii has no chance to compete against Ps3 and x360? Remember when he said, that those last gen systems will be the last gen, that there won't be a console after them? Remember when he said the xOne will outsell the Ps4? xD It's just by chance that he is right on something.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@kvally said:
@SecretPolice said:

Well duh, we all know that. Microsoft's first party is the best in both quality and quantity and is by far the most diverse.

All so true... You'd have to be an Utter farm animal to even think to argue with that. :P

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Kinda obvious

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@AtariKidX said:

AtariKid has spoken.

.......................amen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@psyd802 said:

@charizard1605: Shooters?

Metroid Prime, Splatoon

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: That means little when they're unknown to the public or when they're put on hold for years on end.

So... the same as Sony, then?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: Kinda, but Sony does it better I feel :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: Kinda, but Sony does it better I feel :P

Naw, bro. At any given time, Nintendo has a whole lot of different kinds of games out. Even the Wii U, which was their least diverse showing ever, had 2D platformers, 3D platformers, action games, RPGs, action adventure games, fighting games, racing games, third person shooters, horror games, user content generation games, sports games, lifestyle games, real time strategy games, and party games.

This was Nintendo's least diverse showing, and it's already more diverse than the PS4 first party lineup. Nintendo just has a more diverse output than Sony- which means that for any two samples of Sony's and Nintendo's games picked up at random, Nintendo will have the more diverse showing.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Yup just like 2016. 2 turd non-games a year.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: Yes, and 90% of that was Mario Something :P As far as diversity goes, seeing the same characters every single time gets boring real fast. Outside of fighting and 2D platforming, Sony has all of those bruh :v

Also, Uncharted 4 had 3D fighting, shooting, racing, platforming AND walking simulation. Come ate me bro! :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: Yes, and 90% of that was Mario Something :P As far as diversity goes, seeing the same characters every single time gets boring real fast. Outside of fighting and 2D platforming, Sony has all of those bruh :v

Also, Uncharted 4 had 3D fighting, shooting, racing, platforming AND walking simulation. Come ate me bro! :P

No it wasn't.

The Wii U first party lineup (only picking games published to retail, regardless of quality):

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Wii Party U
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Fatal Frame V
  • Devil's Third
  • Splatoon
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Animal Crossing Amiibo Party
  • Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Star Fox Zero
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Six of those are Mario.

Sorry bro, but Nintendo is simply more diverse. Any argument along the lines of 'but they only made cartoony/colorful/kiddy games!' is as facile as 'Sony only makes movie games!' The former is as untrue as the latter- the difference is, outside of the falseness of both of those statements having been established, Nintendo has more diverse showings than Sony does, even at their worst.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kvally

Speaking of first party, it looks like The Last Guardian just got a permanent $20 price drop after a month and a half:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/1/14479040/the-last-guardian-price-cut

Maybe now 10 people will buy it :) But seriously, still my GOTY as of now (because I finished it this year).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#49 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:
@Desmonic said:

No it wasn't.

The Wii U first party lineup (only picking games published to retail, regardless of quality):

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Sports Resort
  • Wii Party U
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Fatal Frame V
  • Devil's Third
  • Splatoon
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Animal Crossing Amiibo Party
  • Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Star Fox Zero
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Six of those are Mario.

Sorry bro, but Nintendo is simply more diverse. Any argument along the lines of 'but they only made cartoony/colorful/kiddy games!' is as facile as 'Sony only makes movie games!' The former is as untrue as the latter- the difference is, outside of the falseness of both of those statements having been established, Nintendo has more diverse showings than Sony does, even at their worst.

Bro, you have several games in there that are about as exclusive to the WiiU as BF4 :P List invalid as per regular SW law!