jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Game is a lot of fun. It doesn't hold a candle to TF2 like Vaas said, but lots of things don't hold a candle to that game. Overwatch is a blast to play though.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Could really use more modes and more hero depth and variety.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Tired of games with any kind of "support class". All that means is that if your team doesn't have a dude who's willing to put his Rambo fantasy on hold and sit in the back like a bitch throwing heals and revives you'll be at a massive disadvantage. It's just going to be teams like that mowing down PuGs who are all using the quirky British chick. I'm sure it will score a 9 or 10 and sell a billion copies because Blizzard; and help solidify the continuing trend of us paying top dollar for games with absolutely no single player content.

Speak for yourself. I have 1,000 hours in Heroes of Newerth, 600 hours in Dota 2, 500 hours in League of Legends, 400ish hours in Smite and 500ish hours in Team Fortress 2. The majority of my time in all those games is on the support classes because they are the most fun to play.

If the MOBAs were just carries the game would be boring as hell and not worth playing. Support needs the most map awareness, a good memory for ward placement, rune spawning times, Rosh/Kongor/Baron spawn times, and the willingness to constantly rotate. The challenge is what keeps me coming back to the support archetype, and by extension MOBAs.

Team Fortress 2 was a great breath of fresh air because it was something other then mindless fighting in an age when arena shooters were all but dead. If there were other good arena shooters (not Unreal Tournament 3 which was garbage) at the time I would have played both of them because the Medic was still enjoyable enough to play.

Modern military shooters do nothing for me because there is no strategy on the map and it just devolves to spawn in with my optimal loadout and shoot other guy. How is that exciting? It is literally the same thing every game with no variation. An arena shooter will have spawns on the map that you fight over or a team based shooter like Team Fortress 2/Overwatch will have the class dynamic of picks and counterpicks to make every game different.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#104 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Can't believe I didn't know about a Blizzard's game. Anyways,
9/10 but, 10/10 for me.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Game is a lot of fun. It doesn't hold a candle to TF2 like Vaas said, but lots of things don't hold a candle to that game. Overwatch is a blast to play though.

This will get updated with real content more than TF2 (classes/maps/modes, not hats lol), and has seasons. I think it will also have a bigger esports presence by the end of Summer. Second only to CS:GO for shooters. Same goes for Twitch videos or other communities.

TF2 will probably retain more users, due to F2P nature. But it ends there, that is all it will have over OW.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Zergforlife

LMAO holy crap Game of Thrones stars play OW, its just too big and popular!

Loading Video...

And wow, is thumbstick aiming for a FPS really that bad?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#107 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

^This. Well stated and I heartily agree.

This encompasses my biggest complaint about the game as a whole. Even with more characters, Overwatch has far fewer options for changing up your playstyle and counter-playing against the enemy team. Each character is locked in to a specific role and their is ZERO room for mixing up the gameplay with each heroe, which IMO leads to them being boring and 1-dimensional. The skew towards tanks/offense is also irritating to me as well, I am not a huge fan of either sniper character (though I preferred Widow in the beta, even though her ult is not any fun to use), and I usually prefer to play defensive heroes.

I also concur with your comments about the lack of content in general.

When people say stuff like this I have to wonder if they never played Overwatch, or never played TF2, or both. Comments like these make no sense. You can not achieve Overwatch's verity in TF2 for any role by swapping out gear. It just doesn't even come close. I mean seriously, what in the world do you think you can do to Medic that offers more then swapping between Lucio and Mercy? Can you give some examples? People keep saying "Oh with gear you can do so much!" but I played the crap out of TF2. And I know for darn sure that Sniper never even dreamed of covering the territory covered by Widowmaker and Hanzo

I loved TF2 and put in a crazy amount of time, but in terms of verity and accommodating a diverse set of playstyles, it is officially outdated.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By jg4xchamp
@zergforlife said:
@jg4xchamp said:

This will get updated with real content more than TF2 (classes/maps/modes, not hats lol), and has seasons. I think it will also have a bigger esports presence by the end of Summer. Second only to CS:GO for shooters. Same goes for Twitch videos or other communities.

TF2 will probably retain more users, due to F2P nature. But it ends there, that is all it will have over OW.

Maybe, but TF2 wasn't exactly lacking in content, and I know the hat created a bunch of idiots, but the overall gameplay has stayed divine. The classes in that game are a blast to play, and the shooting engine I tend to enjoy more vs this game in comparison. Feels like overwatch is generous as hell with the hit boxes. Either way glad to have another multiplayer game like this. Between this and Rainbow Six: Siege it's nice to see multiplayer games that are built around proper team play. It's almost like the games are about winning as a unit, and not just piling on kills.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Wish I had a better PC, this game looks amazing.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

i predict this game will be the downfall of blizzard and go down in history as titanfall 2.0

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#111  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I know Overwatch gets compared to TF2, a lot. And TF2 had so much content, and especially these days it is chock full of content, and Overwatch doesn't even come close to that (and is way more expensive). TF2 didn't really raise the bar in terms of content because it simply placed a new bar so high that nobody is going to reach it. It's almost unfair to expect something similar from others. That's the reason I expect Overwatch to score so high, is that I consider TF2 an outlier.

I would love to see more modes. Do you guys have any ideas for good additional modes? I'd be interested to see maps in which you can close off/open up paths.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jg4xchamp

@princeofshapeir said:

i predict this game will be the downfall of blizzard and go down in history as titanfall 2.0

A good game let down by not enough game modes and picking the wrong console? Not really, it's got Blizzard's backing, and it's on the PS4 and Xbox One. It's in a better position, and Blizzard's updates will be free, where as Titanfall always had the EA factor to overcome. Which unless you're Battlefield, you're really not going to get away with charging for maps.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Zergforlife

@princeofshapeir said:

The hype is already too much for PC version for this to happen.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

AA

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#115 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Played a few hours yesterday, incredible game with rock solid gameplay. Characters feel so different and unique. Maining Mei now, ice baby. Only thing is this game is definitely team based, helps if you communicate. Gotta watch out for other players choices so team isn't unbalanced. For now though a lot craziness going on while people get a grip on everything.

Also played TMNT from Platinum, loved it as well. Cell shaded graphics, challenging first boss. Online was not working so didn't play long but game is fun brought back memories seeing the green fellows.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@zergforlife said:

LMAO holy crap Game of Thrones stars play OW, its just too big and popular!

And wow, is thumbstick aiming for a FPS really that bad?

I'm interested by the fact that Conan shows the PS4 box but they play the game on Xbox One. I'm sure some advertising dollars went behind those choices. As far as Clueless Gamer episodes go though, that was pretty lame. Peter saved it from being totally unfunny. The game looks cool at least!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@zergforlife said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Maybe, but TF2 wasn't exactly lacking in content, and I know the hat created a bunch of idiots, but the overall gameplay has stayed divine. The classes in that game are a blast to play, and the shooting engine I tend to enjoy more vs this game in comparison. Feels like overwatch is generous as hell with the hit boxes. Either way glad to have another multiplayer game like this. Between this and Rainbow Six: Siege it's nice to see multiplayer games that are built around proper team play. It's almost like the games are about winning as a unit, and not just piling on kills.

You do realize TF2 launched with around 6 maps, 9 characters, and only the stock weapons, right? It use to cost around $20, but the price quickly dropped due to the lack of content. Comparing TF2, a game with 9 years of support to a game that just released is odd.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 intotheminx

@xdude85 said:

I'm not sure what hardware you have, but it doesn't take a lot to run this game.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Alucard_Prime

Support and healing characters are really cool in this game. Tried that music guy Lucius(I'm mispelling his name I think) reminds me of TJay from Street Fighter. Lot of cool moves and what I like is his regular attack is pretty powerful so you are not relegated to just support functions.

It helps to stick with a character at first, watching those short youtube clips that show you recommended tactics with a character can be helpful. Just like the tutorial says, this game has a lot of that rock-paper-scissors scenarios with characters and that's what I find fun about the gameplay, so much variety in there and controls feels great.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: usually Conan kills it with his Clueless Gamer episodes, but this one Peter was the funniest on it.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#121 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@zergforlife: that was funny. Fps with thumbsticks is not that bad. They just aren't very good and you can tell they aren't gamers. Still was hilarious to see Lena get pissed at Peter cause he was killing her all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I know it will get a good score cause it's blizzard but this game is clearly overrated to me. Just a basic shooter with no soul, nothing to really play for. Game looks good and the control is very good but feels like a Evolve type of game right now, not much as far as depth unless you really like to unlock skins for heros.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

It's alright - at least a 7.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#124  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@intotheminx:

No, it is entirely fair. If you go to Ford dealership and look at a modern 2016 vehicle, then go down the road to a different dealership for a brand new, just released car that has only the amenities of 10 years ago and is twice the price. The salesman then argues "Yeah, but we just released this car this year, and it looks really cool", how is that going to fly?

If you are releasing a modern game that has a severe lack of content and your excuse is that the 9 year old game you are competing against also released with little content (but now has tons, and tons, and tons), that is a ridiculous statement to make. You don't develop to compete with what your closest competitor released with, you develop to compete with what they have NOW. This is a huge reason no one has been able to topple WoW in 10 years.

They should have have released with at least a dozen+ maps, more character (due to lack of any customization), and more modes, not to mention ranked mode (that actually works, unlike HotS matchmaking). Arguing that Blizz can get away with releasing a game with a similar amount of content at literally twice the price their nearest competitor released with (9 years ago) is asinine.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I'm predicting a 9 which is hard for a predominantly multi-player shooter to achieve but the game is just that well made

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Game is still fun to play.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 intotheminx

@SerOlmy said:

@intotheminx:

No, it is entirely fair. If you go to Ford dealership and look at a modern 2016 vehicle, then go down the road to a different dealership for a brand new, just released car that has only the amenities of 10 years ago and is twice the price. The salesman then argues "Yeah, but we just released this car this year, and it looks really cool", how is that going to fly?

If you are releasing a modern game that has a severe lack of content and your excuse is that the 9 year old game you are competing against also released with little content (but now has tons, and tons, and tons), that is a ridiculous statement to make. You don't develop to compete with what your closest competitor released with, you develop to compete with what they have NOW. This is a huge reason no one has been able to topple WoW in 10 years.

They should have have released with at least a dozen+ maps, more character (due to lack of any customization), and more modes, not to mention ranked mode (that actually works, unlike HotS matchmaking). Arguing that Blizz can get away with releasing a game with a similar amount of content at literally twice the price their nearest competitor released with (9 years ago) is asinine.

But bud, Overwatch offers twice the content which makes perfect sense. I guess I should of mentioned that all future content will be free as well. If we're being honest, I wouldn't doubt if Overwatch goes f2p a few years from now.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 intotheminx

I'd also like to point out the game has perfect scores from review sites so far. Just waiting on GS and the usual's for bragging I guess?

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@kittennose: Sniper and Medic aren't that great examples. They have one general key role. Soldier and Demoman for example have a plethora of different play styles thanks to their variety of weapons. The weapon tiers are key here (primary, secondary, and melee).

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KittenNose

@SexyJazzCat said:

@kittennose: Sniper and Medic aren't that great examples. They have one general key role. Soldier and Demoman for example have a plethora of different play styles thanks to their variety of weapons. The weapon tiers are key here (primary, secondary, and melee).

I presume you would say the same thing about Heavy and Enge and Scout, as the flexibility offered by Overwatch trumps those hard. So lets review:

Overwatch has more variety and tactical flexibility for support classes. Overwatch has more variety and tactical flexibility for tank classes. Overwatch has more variety and tactical flexibility for builder classes. Overwatch has more verity and tactical flexibility for harass/backline disruption classes.

That leaves DPS. While I happily concede you could do a fair bit of tinkering with the DPS classes in TF2, care to give some examples of how you could pimp them out so they offer more tactical flexibility then Overwatch's DPS line up? Even so, I am not particularly impressed with the argument that Overwatch only offers more for four out of five roles.

Being able to switch between a wide verity of classes with extremely diverse skill sets and movement abilities trumps gear swapping in TF2 any day of the week. Particularly since in practice Overwatch players swap classes mid match all the time, and but you don't see a lot of gear swapping in TF2 mid game.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Alucard_Prime

Ok here's my suggestion on how to approach this game at first, if you plan on playing solo with randoms. It's important to be mindful of what your teammates are choosing. I suggest you pick 2-3 characters from different classes and get moderately good at them.

At the start of match, if you notice nobody is a healer for example, then you can switch to healer to fill that gap. If you notice most people are support/healers, then you should fill that gap with an offensive guy (that Soldier 76 is easy to use and very powerful). You'll notice some people do this already, so you need to be sharp at the character selection screen. For instance I choose Lucius and then I realized another player had him, but before I could go and change characters, that other player beat me to it.

So yeah, some advice to enjoy the game more. It's something that needs to be taken into account, it's usually a bad idea to just go in and choose whatever you want....although I must admit that soldier guy seems very well rounded, and heals too.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Alucard_Prime:

I like that the game tells you what your team lacks, like no snipers or healers, or too much defence.

I go on that with randoms, if we lack healers i grab Lucio.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@Ant_17: Yeah same here I'mm just going with Lucio any time I see that message for healiers/support. I'm someone who usually likes those types of roles in these games, not always but often and I have to say Lucio is incredibly fun to play, and if you play him well the others will stick by you. His regular attack is not too bad either.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@intotheminx said:
@xdude85 said:

I'm not sure what hardware you have, but it doesn't take a lot to run this game.

I have laptop (I don't know if that counts as a PC), and because I'm working part-time and going to college, I really can't drop $300 on a graphics card, let alone an entire desktop computer.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Ok here's my suggestion on how to approach this game at first, if you plan on playing solo with randoms. It's important to be mindful of what your teammates are choosing. I suggest you pick 2-3 characters from different classes and get moderately good at them.

At the start of match, if you notice nobody is a healer for example, then you can switch to healer to fill that gap. If you notice most people are support/healers, then you should fill that gap with an offensive guy (that Soldier 76 is easy to use and very powerful). You'll notice some people do this already, so you need to be sharp at the character selection screen. For instance I choose Lucius and then I realized another player had him, but before I could go and change characters, that other player beat me to it.

So yeah, some advice to enjoy the game more. It's something that needs to be taken into account, it's usually a bad idea to just go in and choose whatever you want....although I must admit that soldier guy seems very well rounded, and heals too.

Thats kinda of a negative and could rub people the wrong way. Why should a player sacrifice someone they like to pick just cause the team is lacking something. I mean lets not act someone is going to like all of 21 characters. Me personally from the beta there was only 3 characters I liked to use zarya,mei and 76. Everyone else did not care for and I plan to stick with those 3 when I get the game when it drops price.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@finalfantasy94: Just do like my team and beast everyone playing as the same 4 healers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#137 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

So temped to pick it up.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Alucard_Prime

@finalfantasy94: Well actually you are already doing what Im suggesting, I know for sure Mei and Soldier are not in the same class. So if you are In a team that has 3 offense, maybe you should choose a defense like Mei instead of the Soldier.

If another game you have mostly healers and support, then you can fill that gap with your soldier. That's what I meant, just be mindful of other classes, not necessarily the characters themselves.....you should definitely stick with the characters you love, but I suggest you at least know another from another class so you can adapt depending on your team choices.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Well, the moment i get to pick, i jump on D.VA and wait and see how the team forms.

Then i might switch to Lucio.

I guess i found my mains, cause i haven't played with the others much, like just a test round, not even a full game.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

My mein is Mei along with D.Va and Torbjörn.

Fun game overall. I'd give it 8/10.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#141 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Blizzard wins again.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Zergforlife

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Wasn't into Soldier 57, because he looked generic, but man, have I turned around on him.

1. His preorder outfit looks awesome
2. Had a great round playing as him

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By KittenNose

@finalfantasy94 said:

Why should a player sacrifice someone they like to pick just cause the team is lacking something.

Because you are on a team. Team play adds a layer of complexity to play because you must not only work around the strengths of both teams, but their weaknesses. If that sounds like a burden instead of a fun time, team games are just not for you.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 finalfantasy94

@kittennose said:
@finalfantasy94 said:

Why should a player sacrifice someone they like to pick just cause the team is lacking something.

Because you are on a team. Team play adds a layer of complexity to play because you must not only work around the strengths of both teams, but their weaknesses. If that sounds like a burden instead of a fun time, team games are just not for you.

Still doesint negate what I said. Shouldint have to change and decrease my fun cause someone else wants to pick who they want as well.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By KittenNose

@finalfantasy94 said:

Still doesint negate what I said. Shouldint have to change and decrease my fun cause someone else wants to pick who they want as well.

I am not saying you are not allowed your preferences, but cooperating is part of team play, and it is very important in games with classes. Different people like different things, that is why there is also single player and deathmatch.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By jg4xchamp
@finalfantasy94 said:

Except that totally is on you for not grasping what the game is. This whole "this character is my main" doesn't really fly in Overwatch, because if you are maining, you are basically playing the game wrong. You should be switching up characters to make hard counters against your teams tactics, and playing a role within the unit. If you just want mindlessly run around n shoot, yeah Overwatch is not going to be that, it expects you to play a role, in a bit of an uncompromising manner, and that's what enjoyable about it. Because if it didn't do that, it would be just as mindless of a multiplayer experience as something like Battlefront.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 finalfantasy94

@jg4xchamp: that sounds like the very opposite of fun. Game shouldn't negate my fun and force me to choose someone I don't want to pick.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By jg4xchamp
@finalfantasy94 said:

@jg4xchamp: that sounds like the very opposite of fun. Game shouldn't negate my fun and force me to choose someone I don't want to pick.

No, it's actually a lot of fun if you know what you're doing and actually playing within the framework of a team. You know a team multiplayer game. You're just making excuses for either not wanting to learn the game or not understanding the game. If you want to play as one character only, and not bother to learn that you need to adapt depending on what the other team is trying to do (because to balance a game like this, you're not going to make one mega character), then yes you should be switch and learning different characters.

If you don't find that fun? Mazel tov it's not your cup of tea, but what you presented isn't exactly a short coming of the game, it's effectively the whole point of the game. Not playing within the team is actually your own failure as a player.

On topic: Bastion needs some adjustments. Either take his heal away, or maybe take away the mobility of his ultimate. Because he's got great range as a stationary target, the maps are just busy enough that you can cover yourself from sniper fire, he's bulky enough to not be one shotted, and oh yeah he heals himself, and when he's got his ultimate, he's a free 3 or 4 kills if you suck at the game.

Everyone else I'm cool with on some level, but I just did 2 or 3 matches playing as Bastion, and it's so easy to cheese people lol

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 finalfantasy94

@jg4xchamp said:
@finalfantasy94 said:

No, it's actually a lot of fun if you know what you're doing and actually playing within the framework of a team. You know a team multiplayer game. You're just making excuses for either not wanting to learn the game or not understanding the game. If you want to play as one character only, and not bother to learn that you need to adapt depending on what the other team is trying to do (because to balance a game like this, you're not going to make one mega character), then yes you should be switch and learning different characters.

If you don't find that fun? Mazel tov it's not your cup of tea, but what you presented isn't exactly a short coming of the game, it's effectively the whole point of the game. Not playing within the team is actually your own failure as a player.

On topic: Bastion needs some adjustments. Either take his heal away, or maybe take away the mobility of his ultimate. Because he's got great range as a stationary target, the maps are just busy enough that you can cover yourself from sniper fire, he's bulky enough to not be one shotted, and oh yeah he heals himself, and when he's got his ultimate, he's a free 3 or 4 kills if you suck at the game.

Everyone else I'm cool with on some level, but I just did 2 or 3 matches playing as Bastion, and it's so easy to cheese people lol

If a game is supposed to balanced shouldint it take in the fact that not everyone is going to pick a set formula to win. Shouldint it just be based on the players skill with said character and how they use them in a situation. Not in order to win you have to pick said character you dont like to use.