deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Microsoft has lost another exclusive. Ori 2 has fallen into enemy hands, just like cuphead. It's over. Microsoft tried to buy this company and they wanted there freedom they wanna go multiplat like bungie did. Its over microsoft you're finished.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Such a good game. thanks to gamepass for the PC , I was able to play the sequel. I guess Ill have to buy it for the switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

On gamefaqs the xbox fanboys were guaranteeing it would never be on Switch. This is so delicious!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

It's published by MS because it's MS's IP.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

MS didn't lose any exclusive today

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057090/Ori_and_the_Will_of_the_Wisps/

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yay. Games was great on PC.

Honestly I think the only reason it was a console exclusive to begin with is that Sony won't let them sell in and it took a long time to get working on the Switch.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I thought that it was previously told that it was coming to the Switch eventually before anyway plus the first one was on there so this is hardly a surprise. Still cool for Switch owners to get it regardless.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

I thought that it was previously told that it was coming to the Switch eventually before anyway plus the first one was on there so this is hardly a surprise. Still cool for Switch owners to get it regardless.

No xbox guys were saying this one was locked down because Microsoft was gonna stop supporting switch and focus on exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60bf765068a74
@pyro1245 said:

Honestly I think the only reason it was a console exclusive to begin with is that Sony won't let them sell in and it took a long time to get working on the Switch.

Why Cuphead is coming to ps4? Why would sony not want this one they don't have a parity clause like xbox did and blocked Indies like broforce.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

Microsoft releases their game on another platform and they lost an exclusive?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Poor lems, cant catch a break.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371

@ProtossRushX: Who are these “Xbox guys” you speak of? I’m talking about the developers and what not. I thought that this was already announced to be getting a Switch version before. If they didn’t then they didn’t but I don’t care what some random forum posters may have said.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

100% it on the One X.

Would pick it up for the Switch at the right price. Kids enjoyed it and would play it around the house.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: Who are these “Xbox guys” you speak of? I’m talking about the developers and what not. I thought that this was already announced to be getting a Switch version before. If they didn’t then they didn’t but I don’t care what some random forum posters may have said.

Forgive him and the others. The PS5 weakened exclusives is causing them stress. This thread was created to ease the pain. 😂

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

Will it ever come to a PS console? A few months ago I would say that no, but after the Cuphead port announcement the first thing that came to my mind was Ori.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371

@Pedro: This is true. 😅

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Holy shit lemming cant catch a break,i have to say cows called this one months ago when they loss cup head.🤣

I wonder if it will land on PS4 as well.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@Archangel3371: @Pedro: this isn’t an Xbox victim support group guys

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371

@phlop_spencer: Quack, quack! 🤣🤣🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Forgive him and the others. The PS5 weakened exclusives is causing them stress. This thread was created to ease the pain. 😂

The past year has been an exciting time for us as we have more than doubled the internal creative teams making up Xbox Game Studios," The company stated. "As these new studios transitioned in, we were aware of some existing commitments to other platforms and will honor them. However, going forward these new studios will focus on making games for our platforms. We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles. We continue to believe deeply in cross play and progression of games with the right flexibility for developers to insure a fair and fun experience."

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-no-more-ports-of-our-games-to-other-cons-33466947/

'cough' 'cough'

@Archangel3371 said:

Well weren’t you guys laughing at them and thinking that they’d go the way of the Dreamcast because you thought that them putting their games on other consoles made their console obsolete? You guys should be praising Microsoft now for making a smart business decision.

Anyway I figured that this was just to be expected in that the developers that they acquired would simply put any currently developing game on whatever systems that they had been working on prior to the acquisition.

Protoss was right and you were even on that thread guess what swinging with the wind and been OK with what ever thing MS did,that day you were ok with they saying no more games for other platforms and now you are ok with MS supporting more platforms with their games.

See is not ME it is YOU you are ok with everything MS does you are pre programmed to be OK.

Oh and Pedro was there as usual damage controlling how he best can by attacking cows.😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

Its funny how desperate Sony fannies have gotten as of last (24hours) Ori; a multi-platform game, continues to be a multi-platform game and yet these fools think or believe Xbox fannies are upset or lost something. 🤣

Xbox hasn't and will not have exclusives. This has been the case for 2016. 🤣

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

How is this bad news. Microsoft is doing it themselves? Get the game out to more people.

I swear fanboys make me want to vomit.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371

@tormentos: Good lord bro, you have issues don’t you. Yep, you sure got me there. Not my problem that I really don’t care that much about what’s “exclusive” or not and you do. Keep reaching and grasping in futility though because it’s absolutely hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

The past year has been an exciting time for us as we have more than doubled the internal creative teams making up Xbox Game Studios," The company stated. "As these new studios transitioned in, we were aware of some existing commitments to other platforms and will honor them. However, going forward these new studios will focus on making games for our platforms. We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles. We continue to believe deeply in cross play and progression of games with the right flexibility for developers to insure a fair and fun experience."

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-no-more-ports-of-our-games-to-other-cons-33466947/

'cough' 'cough'

Cool story. Now how does that relate to my comment?😎

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos

@Pedro said:

Its funny how desperate Sony fannies have gotten as of last (24hours) Ori; a multi-platform game, continues to be a multi-platform game and yet these fools think or believe Xbox fannies are upset or lost something. 🤣

That defense mechanism kicking in hard..

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Good lord bro, you have issues don’t you. Yep, you sure got me there. Not my problem that I really don’t care that much about what’s “exclusive” or not and you do. Keep reaching and grasping in futility though because it’s absolutely hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣

No at all man neither do you with anything MS does.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371

@tormentos: The fact that what I care or don’t care about bothers you clowns so much is absolutely amusing. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

That defense mechanism kicking in hard..

Not sure what there is to defend. I know you folks hate facts. Feel free to disprove anything in my comment. Let the spinning begin. 😂

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@pyro1245 said:

Why Cuphead is coming to ps4? Why would sony not want this one they don't have a parity clause like xbox did and blocked Indies like broforce.

All good questions, buddy. Guess we'll never know.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

TLHBO

Waiting for the PS4/5 version.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

@ProtossRushX: We all knew it was coming to Switch. And it's MS's IP, so their not losing an exclusive. They just chose to port it to Switch.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

How is it over for a company when they're willingly putting their games out on another platform?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ThatDBFan
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

'cough' 'cough'

How does that change the fact that Sony's current lineup of games is mediocre and unexciting at best? Their biggest game this year is also available on PS4, so you can no longer make fun of MS for making Xbox SX games available on Xbox One- And the rest of them have no gameplay or a release date, or even a release date window.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jaydan

@thatdbfan said:
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

'cough' 'cough'

How does that change the fact that Sony's current lineup of games is mediocre and unexciting at best? Their biggest game this year is also available on PS4, so you can no longer make fun of MS for making Xbox SX games available on Xbox One- And the rest of them have no gameplay or a release date, or even a release date window.

Every game I saw for PS5 is a multiplat.

Gotta give it to Sony fans for hyping a PS3 game as the most hyped launch title.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ThatDBFan

@jaydan: It's like Pedro said, they're getting stressed over Sony's lackluster showcase of games after spending years shitting on MS for having a lackluster lineup. The fact that Sony's showcase was just as bad for them as MS's is just the cherry on top.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

No xbox guys were saying this one was locked down because Microsoft was gonna stop supporting switch and focus on exclusives.

Actually, it was Microsoft that said that themselves. Like all things in this industry, the PR statements these companies make holds up about as well as a boat made of toilet paper.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Pedro said:

Will of the Wisps was on PC day one with Xbox One. Not sure how TC miss that it never was exclusive from the start.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Lol, sounds about right. I'm still laughing how they created a thread about how heavy the XsX is, then abandoned the thread when their tiny brains found out the PS5 is heavier. LMAO!!!!

Anyway, this is great news for me. I'd rather play these types of games on Switch anyway.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jaydan

Spoiler alert, here is the [second to] last boss in PS5's upcoming launch title:

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

Will of the Wisps was on PC day one with Xbox One. Not sure how TC miss that it never was exclusive from the start.

Exactly. Sony fannies are still acting surprised over this practice that has been occurring since 2016.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

Exactly. Sony fannies are still acting surprised over this practice that has been occurring since 2016.

inb4 they start saying their multiplats destroy all other multiplats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@thatdbfan said:

@ProtossRushX: We all knew it was coming to Switch. And it's MS's IP, so their not losing an exclusive. They just chose to port it to Switch.

@Archangel3371 said:

The Xbox guys who said this wasn't coming to switch was the head of marketing director for Xbox Aaron Greenberg said “will be focused on making games for our platforms, and we have no plans to expand our exclusive first-party games to any other consoles”

“no plans for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps to follow in its older brother’s footsteps"

This was at a time where Ori Will of the wisps was launching on xbox one and seemed like they were changing their strategy and moving away from the Switch. So people believed him. Turns out he was a liar and just said that to sell more copies on xbox while keeping switch version in the dark.

there were petitions like this after his statements were made

https://www.change.org/p/moon-studios-make-ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps-available-for-nintendo-switch

articles like this

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/03/10/will-ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps-be-on-nintendo-switch/

a lot of people assumed this one wasn't coming over cause of what Greenberg said about moving away from other consoles.

Archangel was even in the thread where we discussed Greenbergs statement so he knew Microsoft had said this one was not coming to the Switch.

He's there posting twice in the thread and said who cares if they change there strategy it doesn't matter to him now he's saying it was always coming to the switch. Which is it did they switch to not to release and you don't care or was it all coming to switch and you don't care either way.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Archangel3371

@ProtossRushX: Oh well ok. I guess I remember that now, probably just forgot about it because I don’t really care one way or the other on where these developers bring their games to. I just figured that since the first game went to the Switch that the second one would as well. 🤷‍♂️

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThatDBFan

@ProtossRushX: Ok, I see what you're saying. I was unaware of that statement. but we were expecting it to happen since the first game was ported to Switch. But it's still MS's IP, so as I said, they aren't losing an exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

On gamefaqs the xbox fanboys were guaranteeing it would never be on Switch. This is so delicious!

Trolling i see, i thought you were better than that, and us trolls hmmm.

The legs on that high horse just got shorter.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Enough with this juvenile SW shit.

This is a pleasant surprise, especially considering that MS alluded they weren’t keen on porting it, not to mention MOON themselves claiming it’d be extremely difficult to get it running well considering its 3D environments compared to the original’s 2D. 60fps is icing on the cake.

AWESOME news.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@briguyb13 said:

Never said I was better, that's just you putting words in, I said we generally behave better and it's true. Never have you seen me talking bad about people for just preferring a certain system, I only call out bad behavior. You know, the kind that looks like a child throwing a tantrum. I don't post that ugly as hell crying meme because it annoys people. I don't stalk other people either.

My statement stands--I called out posters who had no business saying stupid shit like that, because look what happened: it blew up in their faces. You get made fun of for behaving poorly now lie in that bed you made or stop using the name of this place for behaving like a kindergartner.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Didn't you already make a thread on this? Or was it for the last Ori?

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Xbox executive Aaron Greenberg said it's was only X1 and PC. I think a lot of lems clung on to that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@briguyb13 said:

Never said I was better, that's just you putting words in, I said we generally behave better and it's true. Never have you seen me talking bad about people for just preferring a certain system, I only call out bad behavior. You know, the kind that looks like a child throwing a tantrum. I don't post that ugly as hell crying meme because it annoys people. I don't stalk other people either.

My statement stands--I called out posters who had no business saying stupid shit like that, because look what happened: it blew up in their faces. You get made fun of for behaving poorly now lie in that bed you made or stop using the name of this place for behaving like a kindergartner.

Ooh insults, and you say you behave better lol, see you're a troll like the rest of us, you only think you behave better. See you wait for fanboys to say something and then think its ok for you to attack them, you're no better, so stop acting like you are lol.

How did you put it, oh this is delicious.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Sorry for your exclusive loss, @Pedro and @i_p_daily