Once GTAIV comes out, it will be bye bye Wii

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts

GTAIV will fully utilize the PS3/360 hardware and show the gaming world what theĀ  PS3/360 is capable of. No Wii game will come close. If Wii sales are good now, wait until GTAIV.

After all, why pay $250 to play some last gen games with a new controller when you can pay $400-600 to play the best?

Flipnblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flipnblack
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts

I know this is a counter to that other failed thread...

but you don't honestly believe that the Wii's games are last gen...... do you? :?

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
GTA is the most over rated game series ever.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Way to be manupulated by the troll.

He accomplished what he was set out to do. Get people annoyed.

Congrats :|Ā 

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SergeantSnitch

but you don't honestly believe that the Wii's games are last gen...... do you? :?

Flipnblack

Not necessarily last gen but the bulk of good games coming for the Wii appeal to a younger audience.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
By the time GTAIV comes out the Wii's install base may be larger than the 360 and PS3 combined... >_>

GTAIV is a quality, high selling game, but it can only sell as many copies as there are people who own the system. It will sell many copies but who knows... there might be an exclusive GTA on the Wii that sells more. We can only wait and find out.
freakinretart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freakinretart
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
lol
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Can't wait to see what the future holds. However it turns out, System Wars will never be the same.
EchoFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 EchoFlame
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts
sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a gen
dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
if its coming out to the xbox too it wont fully utulize the ps3's power.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="Flipnblack"]

SergeantSnitch

Not necessarily last gen but the bulk of good games coming for the Wii appeal to a younger audience.

So does GTA :lol:Ā 

anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts

sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a genEchoFlame

u mean cooking mama and wii music gen lame!Ā  only a few games are truly gonna take advantage of the wii mote the rest are gonna be lame crap to get money aka minigames.Ā 

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SergeantSnitch
By the time GTAIV comes out the Wii's install base may be larger than the 360 and PS3 combined... >_>

GTAIV is a quality, high selling game, but it can only sell as many copies as there are people who own the system. It will sell many copies but who knows... there might be an exclusive GTA on the Wii that sells more. We can only wait and find out.
foxhound_fox

It can only sell as many copies as ther are people who own the system?Ā  What?Ā  You don't think people will buy a PS3/360 for GTAIV?Ā  I've got friends who like Nintendo who are planning on buying a 360/PS3 for GTAIV.Ā  I'm buying a PS3 for GTAIV.Ā  It's a system seller.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

gta didnt get rid of cube or the ds why would it be any diffrent :roll:

dont forget who getting MANHUNT 2

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"][QUOTE="Flipnblack"]

Boba_Fett_3710

So does GTA :lol:Ā 

ThankĀ youĀ :)Ā 

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boba_Fett_3710

[QUOTE="EchoFlame"]sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a genanshuk20002

u mean cooking mama and wii music gen lame! only a few games are truly gonna take advantage of the wii mote the rest are gonna be lame crap to get money aka minigames.

No, more like Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Super Smash Bros. Melee...and that's just 2007, bud.Ā 

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SergeantSnitch

wavebrid

You don't think part of the reason why Gamecube failed was because it didn't get games like GTA, Metal Gear Solid, and Halo?Ā  Gamecube's 3rd party support is always getting bashed.Ā  Oh and PS2 and PSP is getting Manhunt 2.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SergeantSnitch
[QUOTE="anshuk20002"]

[QUOTE="EchoFlame"]sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a genBoba_Fett_3710

u mean cooking mama and wii music gen lame! only a few games are truly gonna take advantage of the wii mote the rest are gonna be lame crap to get money aka minigames.

No, more like Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Super Smash Bros. Melee...and that's just 2007, bud.

Lmao Mario rehash, Mario Rehash, Metroid, random game, Pokemon, Mario rehash.Ā  Such variety.
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts

dont forget who getting MANHUNT 2wavebrid

PS2?

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

SergeantSnitch

You don't think part of the reason why Gamecube failed was because it didn't get games like GTA, Metal Gear Solid, and Halo?Ā  Gamecube's 3rd party support is always getting bashed.Ā  Oh and PS2 and PSP is getting Manhunt 2.

no it didnt fail beacuse of that :|

1. no online

2. not alot of 3rd party support

3. disc size

b1. yea of course it is but not ps3 360 verison why?

Ā 

Ā 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It can only sell as many copies as ther are people who own the system? What? You don't think people will buy a PS3/360 for GTAIV? I've got friends who like Nintendo who are planning on buying a 360/PS3 for GTAIV. I'm buying a PS3 for GTAIV. It's a system seller.
SergeantSnitch

Of course it is a system seller... but it is all speculation and pretty much a waste of time thinking about it. The Wii is going to have a lot of unique games that will not be available anywhere else which will more than make up for its lack of GTA.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

Ā 

foxhound_fox

But GTA IV will sell systems to people waiting.Ā  Therefore it will not only appeal to the people who have a PS3/360 already, but will increase the user base of people waiting on the fence for a reason to jump into the "next-gen"Ā 

Avatar image for IronMaidenLives
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IronMaidenLives
Member since 2007 • 703 Posts
LOL. I take it you have no imagination to post a copy job.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

SergeantSnitch

You don't think part of the reason why Gamecube failed was because it didn't get games like GTA, Metal Gear Solid, and Halo? Gamecube's 3rd party support is always getting bashed. Oh and PS2 and PSP is getting Manhunt 2.

Regardless of the # of games the GC got, the best games last gen came to Gamecube first: REmake, RE4, RE0, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7. Granted they are all Capcom games, but Capcom makes the best 3rd party IMO. Ā 

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

GTAIV will fully utilize the PS3/360 hardware and show the gaming world what theĀ  PS3/360 is capable of. No Wii game will come close. If Wii sales are good now, wait until GTAIV.

After all, why pay $250 to play some last gen games with a new controller when you can pay $400-600 to play the best?

SergeantSnitch

1. not everyone likes gta.Ā  It will probably end up costing the wii 2 million users tops till the end of its life (even that's a stretch) and the user base range of the wii is about 35- 85 million i figure.Ā The wii will have its own exclusives too so why dont you calculate the sales hit the ps3 gets by not releasing super smash brothers brawl.

2. gta4 salesĀ will beĀ spread across 3 platforms

3. the wii will probably end up getting some gta game.Ā  If the psp can get two, the wii canĀ get oneĀ and if they dont other companies will give wii owners a gta clone.Ā  And you wouldn't have to aim a gun with a analog stick either

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wavebrid
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="anshuk20002"]

[QUOTE="EchoFlame"]sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a genSergeantSnitch

No, more like Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Super Smash Bros. Melee...and that's just 2007, bud.

Lmao Mario rehash, Mario Rehash, Metroid, random game, Pokemon, Mario rehash.Ā  Such variety.

controller changing the game so now its going to be something new :|

oh and let me add to the list sadness, raid over river, re uc

all system get reashĀ 

what about halo 3 halo wars halo 2 halo 1? huh huh you just said also talking about gta what is it 5 6 7 verison already out?

Ā 

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

What, you think Nintendo doesnt see this coming? Theyll release one of their big guns around that time.

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="anshuk20002"]

[QUOTE="EchoFlame"]sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a genSergeantSnitch

LOL GTAIV....i guess the 7-8 before this one dont count.....i guess this game isnt a rehash either
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Boba_Fett_3710

Lmao Mario rehash, Mario Rehash, Metroid, random game, Pokemon, Mario rehash. Such variety.

Alot more variety than Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy rehashes.

pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pcmxms
Member since 2003 • 1596 Posts
quick! someone do a tread about Xbox360!
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamer0100
OMG this thread failed when the TC thought of it. Any thought that the Wii bein finished because of one game is a laugh. Especially when talk about it comin to a 2 systems and one system thats priced high and sells low.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Wii will probably be the best selling console this Christmas. The battle between Sony and MS will be interesting to watch, I'm sure both PS3 and 360 will do very well but I'm not sure which will sell more.

I don't think Wii will be finished after the release of GTAIV. It will definitely lose all hardcore/casual gamers, or at least most of them, but it will still have all non gamers for the years after. I still expect it to be the best selling console this Christmas though due to the positive media and price.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

quick! someone do a tread about Xbox360!pcmxms

yea mon!

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamer0100

Lmao Mario rehash, Mario Rehash, Metroid, random game, Pokemon, Mario rehash. Such variety.

Alot more variety than Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy rehashes.

Boba_Fett_3710

Seriously whats ont a rehash these days. Most of PS3 games are Multi plat which sell more on other plat. or rehashed franchises.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MikeE21286

Boba_Fett_3710

But what about all the new IPs............Heavenly Sword, Blue Dragon, Lair, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, etc

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wavebrid
[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="anshuk20002"]

[QUOTE="EchoFlame"]sure you can say the wii graphics are last gen.... but the wii's gameplay just skip a gengamer0100

LOL GTAIV....i guess the 7-8 before this one dont count.....i guess this game isnt a rehash either

i said the same thing and let me find the good thing for this moment :)

Ā 

cant find it but no matter what apporve :D

Ā 

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamer0100

Wii will probably be the best selling console this Christmas. The battle between Sony and MS will be interesting to watch, I'm sure both PS3 and 360 will do very well but I'm not sure which will sell more.

I don't think Wii will be finished after the release of GTAIV. It will definitely lose all hardcore/casual gamers, or at least most of them, but it will still have all non gamers for the years after. I still expect it to be the best selling console this Christmas though due to the positive media and price.

the-very-best

Then there will be the people who pick up a Wii so they can play Brawl......it doesnt matter really aĀ single game wont make or break a system.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MikeE21286
By the time the blockbusters start rolling out during the coming holiday seasons.Ā  The Wii-only owners will mostly be made up of just casual gamers.Ā  I don't see how it could not be.
Ryuhayabuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ryuhayabuza
Member since 2004 • 398 Posts

Change the title to the following:

Once GTAIV comes out, it will be bye bye for the PS3.

There is no way the casuals will pay $600.00 for a PS3 to play GTA IV when they can play the same game for the Xbox 360 for half the price (core system).

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tungsten88
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts

wavebrid

Erm...GTA 3 and Vice City SOLD the PS2.Ā 

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

Tungsten88

Erm...GTA 3 and Vice City SOLD the PS2.Ā 

no they didn't, not on their own.Ā  Those games didn't sell 120 million units okay

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

Tungsten88

Erm...GTA 3 and Vice City SOLD the PS2.

Yeah, but the PS2 wasn't $600 so it was so much easier to sell.Ā 

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tungsten88

Boba_Fett_3710

Wow, that was self ownage. Ā Ā 

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tungsten88
[QUOTE="Tungsten88"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

GunSmith1_basic

no they didn't, not on their own. Those games didn't sell 120 million units okay

They made a nice dent, and that was all the PS2 need since it had insane 3rd party support. Now I'm not saying that will happen with the PS3. The Xbox 360 is priced competitively, however. GTA IV might be the break for Microsoft.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

GTA is the most over rated game series ever.Nintendo_Man

I don't like to bash, but I have to agree. But that doesn't change it's popularity. Just like the Metroid Prime topic, it won't kill Wii.Ā 

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tungsten88
[QUOTE="Tungsten88"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

Boba_Fett_3710

Yeah, but the PS2 wasn't $600 so it was so much easier to sell.

Yeah...cool beans.Ā  See my above post.Ā 

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SergeantSnitch
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

Tungsten88

Wow, that was self ownage.

LMAO, that's what I'm saying.Ā