OMG, Gears is dethroned and I'm not talking about Killzone 2

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

[QUOTE="CPM_basic"]ROFLCakes!!! Please don't hype uncharted. Itlooks more boring than Tomb Raiders, and graphically it definately looks worse than gears poor fanboy.gogeta242

I'll hype whatever game I want, no ones telling you to not hype Lost Odyssey or Mass Effect. BTW get some glasses, Gears can't always be on top, don't you want games to look better than Gears or do you just want games to remain Gears quality. Too bad for you, Uncharted looks better than Gears. Only a Lem or PS hater would say different.

The gameplay looks like boring trash though. It's like this boring platformer with some generic guy. The level design also looks awful. There are games that are better than gears graphically; COD4, UT3 (possibly), PGR4, BIA.

Don't kill the messenger, I'm just saying this specific game your hyping doesn't have the graphics or the gameplay.

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

i am sooo sick of these threads

cowsmightaswellfaceit,nogamescomingoutonps3havebettergraphicsthangears

yourstartingtosoundabitdesperatenow:roll:.....

MGS9150

Umm Mark Rein said UT 3 looks better than gears, Uncharted looks better than gears, Killzone 2 PWNS gears graphically and Lair looks better than gears. And all of these games have environments much larger than gears, have more than a few enemies on screen at once and have a story longer than 6 hours. The only reason gears looked good is because the environments were riny and there were only a few enemies on screen at once, it looks good but it isnt technologically impressive.

Graphics of the year - Technical winner: Gears of War

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some.

PS3 has tons of good games out right now, GEARS had small maps and only a few enemies on screen at once. This allowed the graphics to be much better without any frame rate issues. Its just not that impressive. If they did Gears graphics with Resistance size maps and dozens on enemies on screen at once I would be impressed.

Im just saying, One part of Gears has like 20-25 people on screen with no problem. But the game was ment for stategy not "Oh look at 100 people coming at me let me just drop them quick" So if 10 enemys would run up in Gears youd die so fast. Even Halo 3 has better graphics and more things going on, on screen. Gears is out dated but still great looking. I need a PS3 for Ratchet and Clank. Ill go play the other 3 on my PS2.
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

i really don't believe this looks better than gears

in fact i don't even think this comes close

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Uncharted looks like Tomb Raider on steroids. Tomb Raider is an excellent series (although Core pretty much ruined it after the second game and Crystal Dynamics has came and revived the franchise with Legends and the remake of the original game in Anniversary which I am playing and enjoying quitea bit.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gogeta242
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts

JB730

Because you're a lemming, what else are you going to say, I've seen you post and you'll say anything as long as it favors 360. Gears can't be the best looking game forever man, get over it.

Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Wallace_Green
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts

I don't see what so special, the gameplay looks like Tomb Raider with worse camera angels, and a rip off of gears cover system.

you can quote me on this. It won't get more then a 8.0

cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#57 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
I liked it. I want that game.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Nope, close though, try again.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gogeta242

I don't see what so special, the gameplay looks like Tomb Raider with worse camera angels, and a rip off of gears cover system.

you can quote me on this. It won't get more then a 8.0

Wallace_Green

So Gears was the first game to use a cover system huh:?, and don't get me started on Gears camera system which was directly taken from RE4. As for the gameplay, sorry the screendoesn't have a gun in fromtas most lems would prefer.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 gogeta242

Nope, close though, try again. themyth01

Nope, bad damage control, try again.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JB730
[QUOTE="JB730"]

gogeta242

Because you're a lemming, what else are you going to say, I've seen you post and you'll say anything as long as it favors 360. Gears can't be the best looking game forever man, get over it.

don't be mad :lol:

i'm just saying the honest truth

uncharted doesn't look as good as cows are trying to make it out to be. sorry, its just not all that impressive.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

JB730

uncharted doesn't look as good as cows are trying to make it out to be. sorry, its just not all that impressive.

Two words, LensCrafters.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

gogeta242

Two words, LensCrafters.

Says the guy who dedicated most of the last week to trying to convince everyone (including his fellow Sony fans, who thought he was crazy) that Killzone 2 pwns Crysis graphically!? Please. Get a grip.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JB730

Two words, LensCrafters.

gogeta242

20/20 vision, sorry i don't need glasses

perhaps if you wipe the fog off your bifocals, you might be able to see that gears is graphically superior to uncharted

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 JB730
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

Newnab

Two words, LensCrafters.

Says the guy who dedicated most of the last week to trying to convince everyone (including his fellow Sony fans, who thought he was crazy) that Killzone 2 pwns Crysis graphically!? Please. Get a grip.

are you serious? :lol: :lol:

hey gogeta242, wipe the fog off them fanboy goggles! your embarrasing yourself, boy!

Avatar image for deactivated-600ef227aa623
deactivated-600ef227aa623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-600ef227aa623
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

the character models looked nice but everything else was ugly

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

Newnab

Two words, LensCrafters.

Thats in the past, this is now. BTW I said Killzone looks on better than Crysis in some areas, Crysis looks better overall. Whats your point:? Still doesn't degrade the fact that Uncharted looks better than Gears. Step away from your MS spacestation please.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

gogeta242

Two words, LensCrafters.

Thats in the past, this is now. BTW I said Killzone looks on better than Crysis in some areas, Crysis looks better overall. Whats your point:? Still doesn't degrade the fact that Uncharted looks better than Gears. Step away from your MS spacestation please.

So do you predict a 10 to 'dethrown' Gears? 9.5 wont cut it...Only a 10
Drakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Drakier
Member since 2004 • 1444 Posts
[QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

Heil68

Umm Mark Rein said UT 3 looks better than gears, Uncharted looks better than gears, Killzone 2 PWNS gears graphically and Lair looks better than gears. And all of these games have environments much larger than gears, have more than a few enemies on screen at once and have a story longer than 6 hours. The only reason gears looked good is because the environments were riny and there were only a few enemies on screen at once, it looks good but it isnt technologically impressive.

But those games must score a perfect '10' to beat GeOW..GeOW scored a 9.6, 9.5 won't do it. ;) and you're wrong about the game play.. Gears of War is a game that capitalizes on all of the promises made by the next generation of gaming. It looks more than a few steps beyond what consoles have been doing to this point, and the gameplay is supremely fulfilling from start to finish in all of its various modes. While there have certainly been plenty of similar shooters before it, the game's great weapons, amazing graphics, and absolutely thrilling action make it stand out from the pack in a big, big way. What GS reviews stands in SW..awww..you're wrong...its ok

Yes, a 9.5 will do it, Gamespot usually rounds off by lowering the score, not raising them. If a game gets 9.5, it will actually be 9.6 or higher.
Avatar image for deactivated-600ef227aa623
deactivated-600ef227aa623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-600ef227aa623
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
[QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

gogeta242

Two words, LensCrafters.

Pacman looks better in some areas but Uncharted looks better overall lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

Drakier

But those games must score a perfect '10' to beat GeOW..GeOW scored a 9.6, 9.5 won't do it. ;) and you're wrong about the game play.. Gears of War is a game that capitalizes on all of the promises made by the next generation of gaming. It looks more than a few steps beyond what consoles have been doing to this point, and the gameplay is supremely fulfilling from start to finish in all of its various modes. While there have certainly been plenty of similar shooters before it, the game's great weapons, amazing graphics, and absolutely thrilling action make it stand out from the pack in a big, big way. What GS reviews stands in SW..awww..you're wrong...its ok

Yes, a 9.5 will do it as Gamespot usually rounds off by lower the score, not raising them. If a game gets 9.5, it will actually be at least 9.6

BUT not the actual score which we go by, hell I doubt it will get a 9.5 either
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

gogeta242

Two words, LensCrafters.

"The past" is where we get evidence to explain things. Just because something happened a few days ago doesn't make it any less relevant.

And I'm not even telling you Gears looks better than Uncharted. Personally for me they're uncomparable really.

But for YOU, of all people, to be making out like other people are blind and like you have the be all and end all of vision and anyone who disagrees is wearing "fanboy glasses" is just ridiculous. So I thought I'd point that out for you.

But of course, none of this REALLY matters. Heck, nothing anyone says that is logical that doesn't help you matters. You can just keep making fantastically witty quips such as this fine mastery of comedy: "Step away from your MS Spacestation please."

Truly wonderful.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

Two words, LensCrafters.

JB730

20/20 vision, sorry i don't need glasses

perhaps if you wipe the fog off your bifocals, you might be able to see that gears is graphically superior to uncharted

Perhaps if you wipe off your fanfocals, you'll realize that Uncharted easily looks better. But hey, Lemmings will be Lemmings. Sad that Lems such as yourselves don't want visuals to improve just to prove you have a superior console.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="JB730"]

Heil68

Two words, LensCrafters.

So do you predict a 10 to 'dethrown' Gears? 9.5 wont cut it...Only a 10

Stop it, just stop, those are two different review systems. BTW I don't care about GS scores that much, they may be the world to you though.

demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some. gogeta242

PS3 has tons of good games out right now, GEARS had small maps and only a few enemies on screen at once. This allowed the graphics to be much better without any frame rate issues. Its just not that impressive. If they did Gears graphics with Resistance size maps and dozens on enemies on screen at once I would be impressed.

it wasnt immpressive, but it won GOTY and Graphics of the year. Gears is better than any game out on PS3 if you disagree your just another blind cow in the field.

Its a shame Lemmings have to attempt ownage with a year old game:?

And Cows using a game that isn't even out yet as ownage against a year old 360 game. :?

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JB730

Perhaps if you wipe off your fanfocals, you'll realize that Uncharted easily looks better. But hey, Lemmings will be Lemmings. Sad that Lems such as yourselves don't want visuals to improve just to prove you have a superior console.

gogeta242

"I think that when Killzone is completed, it will topple Crysis" - gogeta242

AHHHHHHH MAN!!!!!

you actually said that?!?!

killzone graphics >> crysis graphics? :lol: :lol:........ahhhh man! now i know not to take you serious anymore.

your done son, your opinion is officially NULL AND VOID

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Heil68
Stop it, just stop, those are two different review systems. BTW I don't care about GS scores that much, they may be the world to you though.gogeta242
Nope, wont stop it..if you want to dethrown gears in the SW forums, we go by scores...plain and simple enough for you to understand...dont have confidence in your gears killer now?
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

JB730

"I think that when Killzone is completed, it will topple Crysis" - gogeta242

AHHHHHHH MAN!!!!!

you actually said that?!?!

killzone graphics >> crysis graphics? :lol: :lol:........ahhhh man! now i know not to take you serious anymore.

your done son, your opinon is officially NULL AND VOID

Son, I knew not to take you seriously when you said Uncharted didn't look as good as Gears.

Drakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Drakier
Member since 2004 • 1444 Posts
[QUOTE="Drakier"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

Heil68

Yes, a 9.5 will do it as Gamespot usually rounds off by lower the score, not raising them. If a game gets 9.5, it will actually be at least 9.6

BUT not the actual score which we go by, hell I doubt it will get a 9.5 either

I don't get what you're saying, how is it not the actual score which we go by if the Gamespot reviewer intended it to be higher than a 9.5? Your prediction is as good as anyone else's.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gogeta242

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]Stop it, just stop, those are two different review systems. BTW I don't care about GS scores that much, they may be the world to you though.Heil68
Nope, wont stop it..if you want to dethrown gears in the SW forums, we go by scores...plain and simple enough for you to understand...dont have confidence in your gears killer now?

While you Lems talk about Gears as if it was a new game, and play Halo 3(what else do you have). I'll be playing real games, like MGS4, GT5, FF13, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and so on.

demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]Stop it, just stop, those are two different review systems. BTW I don't care about GS scores that much, they may be the world to you though.gogeta242

While you Lems talk about Gears as if it was a new game, and play Halo 3(what else do you have). I'll be playing real games, like MGS4, GT5, FF13, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and so on.

And you Cows act like you can go into a store and buy those games.

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22501.html?type= add a darn space bar!!!Anyways lol this will get Lem angry even tho i agree with you, in terms of Story and campaighn and graphics i see it better than Gears but without online it might have no replayability, still looks awsome tho.Blanco98

lems get mad as hell when we bring uncharted up oh teh game sucks as no multiplayer teh sucks

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]Stop it, just stop, those are two different review systems. BTW I don't care about GS scores that much, they may be the world to you though.gogeta242

umm sorry to burst you bubble, those games arent out.Waitstation 3 FTW
sportsdude206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 sportsdude206
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

rogerjak

AHAHHAH! srsly no. you guys think that GeoW will stay in the throne forever?

No of course not.

GoW 2 will definitely beat it.

:D 8)

But seriously, that game wasn't as good as Gears.

UT3 = probably

Killzone 2 = probably

that = hell no

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts

pro-nathan-07
Not even UT3, a game by the exact same makers which is confirmed by them to have better graphics?
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
you're kidding, right?........right?!
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22501.html?type= add a darn space bar!!!Anyways lol this will get Lem angry even tho i agree with you, in terms of Story and campaighn and graphics i see it better than Gears but without online it might have no replayability, still looks awsome tho.Blanco98

Gears of War meets Pitfall. Uncharted is shaping up to be a nice game. The badguys cant shoot for **** though... :shock:

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
*yawn*OpticalCanine
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
im guessing uncharted. anyway this game is beautiful and imo is better looking that gears
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 gogeta242

Yep, Uncharted has nothing on this, what was I thinking, I'll remember to believe the Lemmings instead of my eyes next time:roll:

McClair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 McClair9
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
There are some fantastic looking games coming out for the PS3,this certainly isn't one of them,it looks ok,thats it,nothing special at all.
Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

pro-nathan-07

I hope thats sarcasim as pretty much every major first party title coming for the PS3 makes Gears look outdated.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 gogeta242

Oh decisions, decisions:roll:

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts
I own a 360 and a PS3 and right now Gears of War is the best looking game out but not for long. Im sorry but you would have to be absolutely delustional not to think Uncharted doesnt destroy Gears at least from a visual perspective. You may not think the game looks as fun and thats fair but graphically Uncharted stomps Gears.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 gogeta242

I own a 360 and a PS3 and right now Gears of War is the best looking game out but not for long. Im sorry but you would have to be absolutely delustional not to think Uncharted doesnt destroy Gears at least from a visual perspective. You may not think the game looks as fun and thats fair but graphically Uncharted stomps Gears. Polaris_choice

Thank you, its nice to see someone with logic. Lems seem to want Gears to be on a pedestool forever, and will deny any game that looks better than Gears not on 360.

SmeagleTEhBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SmeagleTEhBomb
Member since 2007 • 603 Posts
Gogeta we lems dont think that Gears will stay ontop forever. We just think that its better than anything you cows got now8)
afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 afmsquid
Member since 2006 • 1623 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

MGS9150

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some.

Tons of good games out right now? sarcasm, right?