OMG, Gears is dethroned and I'm not talking about Killzone 2

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gogeta242
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22501.html?type=
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts

i am sooo sick of these threads

cowsmightaswellfaceit,nogamescomingoutonps3havebettergraphicsthangears

yourstartingtosoundabitdesperatenow:roll:.....

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gogeta242

pro-nathan-07

Get glasses, fanboy

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
WOW that game looks amazing, its nice to see some colour in a game for a change.
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
*yawn*
Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22501.html?type= add a darn space bar!!!Anyways lol this will get Lem angry even tho i agree with you, in terms of Story and campaighn and graphics i see it better than Gears but without online it might have no replayability, still looks awsome tho.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
What the hell is that?
mercclass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mercclass
Member since 2002 • 576 Posts
Gears is a beautiful game. I think the PC version looks better though.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
Not AS impressive as many Sony fans are making out, but it looks like it's coming along nicely.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
WOW that game looks amazing, its nice to see some colour in a game for a change.MGS9150

Halo 3 has a huge range of vibrant colours. but you overlooked it because its on 360 right?
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MGS9150

pro-nathan-07

Umm Mark Rein said UT 3 looks better than gears, Uncharted looks better than gears, Killzone 2 PWNS gears graphically and Lair looks better than gears. And all of these games have environments much larger than gears, have more than a few enemies on screen at once and have a story longer than 6 hours. The only reason gears looked good is because the environments were riny and there were only a few enemies on screen at once, it looks good but it isnt technologically impressive.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

pro-nathan-07
AHAHHAH! srsly no. you guys think that GeoW will stay in the throne forever?
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MGS9150

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]WOW that game looks amazing, its nice to see some colour in a game for a change.Rob2223

Halo 3 has a huge range of vibrant colours. but you overlooked it because its on 360 right?

oh no, I didnt mean it like that. I was talking about this game specifically because thats what the topic is about. If we were talking about games in general i would have mentioned Halo 3, Mass Effect, Alan wake ect.. Its just games lately have been using more browns, greys and dark greens rather than a full spectrum of colour.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gogeta242

It's 2010, games on PS3 and 360look better than Crysis. Lems still says Gears is best looking console game.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
meh, Gears was dethroned a few weeks after it's release by R6:Vegas as far as I'm concerned.
Mortortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mortortex
Member since 2003 • 271 Posts

[QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]*yawn*gogeta242

Lemming#4586 just entered^^^^^

Wait no xbox live gamer tag, no master chief avatar, this may not be one.

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rob2223
[QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

MGS9150

Umm Mark Rein said UT 3 looks better than gears, Uncharted looks better than gears, Killzone 2 PWNS gears graphically and Lair looks better than gears. And all of these games have environments much larger than gears, have more than a few enemies on screen at once and have a story longer than 6 hours. The only reason gears looked good is because the environments were riny and there were only a few enemies on screen at once, it looks good but it isnt technologically impressive.

Graphics of the year - Technical winner: Gears of War

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some.
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
Dude i am soooooooo hyped for this game. It's on my most wanted list right after LittleBigPlanet!!! :)
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gogeta242

Not AS impressive as many Sony fans are making out, but it looks like it's coming along nicely.Newnab

I see you got your PS4 and Xbox 720 early.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

Rob2223

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some.

PS3 has tons of good games out right now, GEARS had small maps and only a few enemies on screen at once. This allowed the graphics to be much better without any frame rate issues. Its just not that impressive. If they did Gears graphics with Resistance size maps and dozens on enemies on screen at once I would be impressed.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

Let's quickly rap up this thread for anyone who will come in

Cows will agree with TC

Lemmings will disagree with TC

and that'll be that....

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

MGS9150

PS3 has tons of good games out right now, GEARS had small maps and only a few enemies on screen at once. This allowed the graphics to be much better without any frame rate issues. Its just not that impressive. If they did Gears graphics with Resistance size maps and dozens on enemies on screen at once I would be impressed.

agreed 100%
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gogeta242

Cows will agree with TC

and that'll be that....

MikeE21286

Manticores?

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
I know what game you are talking about without even having to check and yes...that most certainly does. But if its the video I'm thinking it is (fairly familiar with it's numbering by now having watched them enough) its not even the most impressive one.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rob2223

MGS9150

it wasnt immpressive, but it won GOTY and Graphics of the year. Gears is better than any game out on PS3 if you disagree your just another blind cow in the field.
Philmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Philmon
Member since 2003 • 1454 Posts

It's 2010, games on PS3 and 360look better than Crysis. Lems still says Gears is best looking console game.

gogeta242

But Cryionics looks a lot better :D

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

Cows will agree with TC

and that'll be that....

gogeta242

Manticores?

Split Decision. I like Uncharted's style better...(manticore)....while others will prefer Gears. They're very close.

MonacoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MonacoX
Member since 2007 • 453 Posts
Apart from the lighting, this game looks generic in every way. Whats up with that Abercrombie & Fitch model running around with a gun?:lol:
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gogeta242
[QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

Rob2223

it wasnt immpressive, but it won GOTY and Graphics of the year. Gears is better than any game out on PS3 if you disagree your just another blind cow in the field.

Its a shame Lemmings have to attempt ownage with a year old game:?

pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pro-nathan-07

MGS9150

tell me, what game is impressive to u? (graphicaly)

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gogeta242

Apart from the lighting, this game looks generic in every way. Whats up with that Abercrombie & Fitch model running around with a gun?:lol:MonacoX

Sorry if theres not enough shiny armor, I know you're probably used to that.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts

Don't compare Uncharted to Gears. Gears was released a year ago, for Gods sake. And its like apples and oranges, beutiful vibrant jungle theme and gritty doomsday theme.. I mean, you cna compare which is better technically (hardware wise) but as for graphics and art style.. they are just too different.

Uncharted does not look like the God of Gods as some here seem to believe, but damn it looks good. I haven't played a good platformer in a long time, this game looks sweet!

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

gogeta242

Its a shame Lemmings have to attempt ownage with a year old game:?

9.6 :| what games does ps3 have to attempt ownage with?? im not a lemming, are you new to these forums?
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some. Rob2223

Not when they've had the same amount of development time and started at the same point in a console's lifespan.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gogeta242
[QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

pro-nathan-07

I know you weren't asking me, but I'm going to put my opinion in anyway. Not listed in order,MGS4, Killzone 2, Gears of War, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Crysis, and RE5.

MonacoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonacoX
Member since 2007 • 453 Posts

[QUOTE="MonacoX"]Apart from the lighting, this game looks generic in every way. Whats up with that Abercrombie & Fitch model running around with a gun?:lol:gogeta242

Sorry not a geow fan either.;)

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Newnab

[QUOTE="MonacoX"]Apart from the lighting, this game looks generic in every way. Whats up with that Abercrombie & Fitch model running around with a gun?:lol:gogeta242

Says a Sony fan, one of the hundreds who declares Halo 3 is immensely downgraded just because they changed Master Chief's armour texture to something less shiny, but kept it identical apart from that.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gogeta242
Rob, GS scores may mean the world to you, but not to me, anyways PS3 will see its share of 9.6+ games this fall.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rob2223

[QUOTE="Rob2223"]

comparing unreleased games to ones that came out almost a year ago is just sad. tell me when you stop waiting for good games, and you acctually get some. Runningflame570

Not when they've had the same amount of development time and started at the same point in a console's lifespan.

didnt see caseys thread did you? thats like saying ps2 was only better because of the head start and halo 2 shoulda been put up against ps2 near launch games, but it wasnt, it was compared to killzone 1 (killzone still got owned:lol: ) :lol: this is system wars, not time travel wars.

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
that game doesn't looks that good but mgs4 and killzone 2 on the other hand ....
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts
That is the coolest Hollister commercial that I've ever seen. Wow, i need some more ripped jeans. Looks like real life... but trendier.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
ROFLCakes!!! Please don't hype uncharted. Itlooks more boring than Tomb Raiders, and graphically it definately looks worse than gears poor fanboy.
Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

Don't compare Uncharted to Gears. Gears was released a year ago, for Gods sake. And its like apples and oranges, beutiful vibrant jungle theme and gritty doomsday theme.. I mean, you cna compare which is better technically (hardware wise) but as for graphics and art style.. they are just too different.

Uncharted does not look like the God of Gods as some here seem to believe, but damn it looks good. I haven't played a good platformer in a long time, this game looks sweet!

Vfanek
You got a point, But most Lem make fun of Killzone 2 for having colors like greay black white and brown and games like Halo 3 have all colors yet some forget that there Holyness game Gears is the same...
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pro-nathan-07

I know you weren't asking me, but I'm going to put my opinion in anyway. Not listed in order,MGS4, Killzone 2, Gears of War, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Crysis, and RE5.

i find it funny that all the games u listed aernt even out:P (except gears)
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Newnab
[QUOTE="Vfanek"]

Blanco98

You got a point, But most Lem make fun of Killzone 2 for having colors like greay black white and brown and games like Halo 3 have all colors yet some forget that there Holyness game Gears is the same...

Works both ways.

Sony fans have insulted Halo for being too colourful and vibrant and therefore not as good... And then as soon as Gears of War comes out... "omg where are the colours? lol".

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gogeta242

ROFLCakes!!! Please don't hype uncharted. Itlooks more boring than Tomb Raiders, and graphically it definately looks worse than gears poor fanboy.CPM_basic

I'll hype whatever game I want, no ones telling you to not hype Lost Odyssey or Mass Effect. BTW get some glasses, Gears can't always be on top, don't you want games to look better than Gears or do you just want games to remain Gears quality. Too bad for you, Uncharted looks better than Gears. Only a Lem or PS hater would say different.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gogeta242

pro-nathan-07

i find it funny that all the games u listed aernt even out:P (except gears)

You say that as if PS3 has been out as long as 360:roll:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
[QUOTE="pro-nathan-07"]

MGS9150

But those games must score a perfect '10' to beat GeOW..GeOW scored a 9.6, 9.5 won't do it. ;) and you're wrong about the game play.. Gears of War is a game that capitalizes on all of the promises made by the next generation of gaming. It looks more than a few steps beyond what consoles have been doing to this point, and the gameplay is supremely fulfilling from start to finish in all of its various modes. While there have certainly been plenty of similar shooters before it, the game's great weapons, amazing graphics, and absolutely thrilling action make it stand out from the pack in a big, big way. What GS reviews stands in SW..awww..you're wrong...its ok
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

gogeta242

In 2010 will low budget PC games look better than any PS3 or 360 game.