Official: XboxOne 100,000 Consoles in China (SOLD) $100BN/MN

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

This is a thread about the official Xbox One sales figures in China which were 100,000 sold to consumers and have made a large value from spending customers as well the same day. Without using direct converstion, the $100 Billion value mentioned in the chinese articles is most likely roughly equal to an actual $100-$500 at max million USD. Keep in mind that 100,000 is translated to 10 million units in china, but it's not the same value.

Still that is a lot of money.

Source 1:

State Bank XBOXONE first 100,000 consoles bring one hundred billion value

On the New People's Daily on September 30 issued Da Zhong, vice president of Shanghai Media Group, said in an interview XBOX ONE on September 29 starting 100,000 units, after an absence of 14 years of game consoles by Dongfeng Shanghai FTA test area finally back.

State Bank XBOXONE first 100,000 consoles bring one hundred billion value

We expect that within five years, the direct output of console games market in China will reach over 100 billion size; over the next 10 years, the whole industry chain will have had the potential trillion. China will become a very promising world's largest manufacturer of home consoles and content operators. All this took place in Shanghai FTA test area, is a far-reaching impact of paper brought after the ban was lifted.

Source 2:

Xbox One BNM first day up to 100000 units worth one hundred billion industry.

Xbox One game at the State Bank on September 29 officially on sale, starting has reached 100,000 units. Zhang Zhong, vice president of SMG accepted September 30 "Xinmin Evening News" interview, said it expected within five years, China Games output will reach over 100 billion size, and 10 years, the entire industry will have a super- trillion potential.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TigerSuperman

Summary:

Xbox One sold 100,000 To consumers equaling a value of what the source claim $100Billion in sales. Due to this surprise acceptance of consoles after the ban, they expect the market to be around 10x or more in as much in about only 5 years.

They expect in 10 years that consoles will be a trillion dollar industry in terms of bringing in value. To be honest they seem to be jumping the gun a little bit here but we'll see what happens.

They are also expecting about 10 more big domestic game developers soon as well, including Tencent who along with others, were hesitant. (first source)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Well done

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Oh good. Maybe they have a chance at 2nd place after all in the console race.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

100k units sold = 100Billion value ?

100k X1 sold = 240M Yuans definitely NOT 100Billions

Someone there seriously doesn´t know how to math.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Xbox Won. Xbox One won China, until PS4 gets sold there. :P

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TigerSuperman

@Heil68 said:

Well, it's better than All the tier 2 launches. It's better than haldfthe Tier 1 launches. Also even in china, this was not expected. I bet even you were not expecting numbers like this in the chinese market due to PC and Mobile.

This interest being surprising, although i do think they are jumping a bit to far, I can understand why they are expecting million or so by the end of the year and in 5 years bringing in something around hundreds more billions in sales and trillions in 10/ Assuming that the trends keep going for 10 years.

Of course, MS and Sony/Nin (Which i assume will still have to sale through an improved amount before being able to sell more) will have to get through their improved shipments first. if MS for example sales 3 million in some time, they may approve more to sell. More companies like Tencent will jump on, and we may be getting internationally released Chinese games as well.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Sold to retail or sold to customer? If they actually sold 100k to individuals in 1 day, i might have to rethink my stance on consoles not selling well in China.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TigerSuperman

@jhonMalcovich said:

That value includes marketing, amount of consumer spending, amount of retailer spending, and amount of investments. But also you should know that it's not a literal U.S. $100 billion.

Remember, in china 100,000 translates to 10 million units but not the same million that you are thinking.

So i would say 100-500 million is probably around the actual $USD value being mentioned here. It's not all direct conversion.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Wouldn't this be not that great considering US alone sold 1million in 24 hours and China's population is double that of the US and yea I'm considering poorer people but but 100,000 isn't all that special really

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TigerSuperman

@Solid_Max13 said:

Wouldn't this be not that great considering US alone sold 1million in 24 hours and China's population is double that of the US and yea I'm considering poorer people but but 100,000 isn't all that special really

Man the Wii u, PS4, and Xbox one together are like 8 million in the U.S. out of 300 million people. the flops. And that's WITHOUT a 14 year ban and a hard approval process. OH NOE CONSOLES ARE DEAD!

What? Only Something 200 million consoles sold last gen world wide out of the probably 2-3 Billion people in the countries that has access to them? OHH NOE!!

Seriously man think for a second, 100,000 In a new market already bringing in 100's of millions in USD with people who were hesitant thinking of jumping in and people are already expecting massive growth (maybe too much expected massive growth) based on the current trends.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That value includes marketing, amount of consumer spending, amount of retailer spending, and amount of investments. But also you should know that it's not a literal U.S. $100 billion.

Remember, in china 100,000 translates to 10 million units but not the same million that you are thinking.

So i would say 100-500 million is probably around the actual $USD value being mentioned here. It's not all direct conversion.

1USD = 6 Yuans

So even if they talked about 100Bilions in Yuans, it still would be over 16 billions USD.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ScarTM
Member since 2014 • 174 Posts

How does 100,000 sales which is a measly figure to be honest = 100BN$

TC trying to mislead us using pics of Chinese newspaper which no one understands.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TigerSuperman

@jhonMalcovich said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

1USD = 6 Yuans

So even if they talked about 100Bilions in Yuans, it still would be over 16 billions USD.

I literally just explained to you how this works and you are still talking about billions in USD. Again, sales in china, and not even just their, other asian countries will say 10 million, but something 10 million is often 100,000, same as 20 million for 200,000, because this sigh "10万台" is translated as such.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TigerSuperman

@scartm said:

How does 100,000 sales which is a measly figure to be honest = 100BN$

TC trying to mislead us using pics of Chinese newspaper which no one understands.

I noticed you didn't read the OP.

Also the website links are on both sources so not sure why you think i only posted the newspaper.

$100 million is the basic translation from $100BN in Chinese currency, it's just how it's interpreted in english, but has a different meaning over there. Many sites will see "10万台" as 10 million when it's actually 100,000.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Out of that many people in China not really impressive I honestly wonder what game they bought for it or did they buy any at all lol

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

#lol at this thread. 100k is honestly nothing to brag about, maybe they can sell 50-80k per month but what do i know @blackace is the china expert. enlighten us sensei

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TigerSuperman

@godspellwh said:

Out of that many people in China not really impressive I honestly wonder what game they bought for it or did they buy any at all lol

A lot of people were playing Forza and Neverwinter in some pics so maybe those. Kinect Sports Rivals was also a big thing, but since more Kinect bundles were pre-ordered than Kinectless that doesn't surprise me. But of course, at the moment that's the only Kinect game (assumng they included Digital games on the list otherwise Dance Central and D4 are open.)

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Swee a big hard drive, the console is grey

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Spoken like a truly unbiased owner of all systems

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Well, it's 100k more than they did before. So that's good.

Not sure about to consumers though..

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#lol at this thread. 100k is honestly nothing to brag about, maybe they can sell 50-80k per month but what do i know @blackace is the china expert. enlighten us sensei

So 100k is nothing when all you cows claimed it would never sell anything in China due to piracy and how expensive the console is? Cows swore up and down the console wouldn't sell at all but now 100k is nothing. Hahahah you cows are so pathetic

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TigerSuperman

@Chutebox said:

Well, it's 100k more than they did before. So that's good.

Not sure about to consumers though..

Not sure what this means but 100,000 brought something so I guess we will see by the end of this week or next week if this is a sign of more potential buyers or just launch luck.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TigerSuperman

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

So 100k is nothing when all you cows claimed it would never sell anything in China due to piracy and how expensive the console is? Cows swore up and down the console wouldn't sell at all but now 100k is nothing. Hahahah you cows are so pathetic

Except they also did not expect the PS4 to do well either.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

Sold to retail or sold to customer? If they actually sold 100k to individuals in 1 day, i might have to rethink my stance on consoles not selling well in China.

I'm sure it ws over 100K, but they just rounded the number off. Sunning retail was already estimating 70K sold on day one and that didn't even include the other 4 large retailers. Yes, it says it was 100K sold to consumers. Not shipped to retailers. We'll see what the week sales turn out to be. I estimated 150 - 200K for it's first week.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

I'm sure it ws over 100K, but they just rounded the number off. Sunning retail was already estimating 70K sold on day one and that didn't even include the other 4 large retailers. Yes, it says it was 100K sold to consumers. Not shipped to retailers. We'll see what the week sales turn out to be. I estimated 150 - 200K for it's first week.

I am sure it wasn't over 100k MS love to hype shipped numbers as sold which they did since day 1 when they claim 1 million in 24 hours when many store still had units to sell.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

I am sure it wasn't over 100k MS love to hype shipped numbers as sold which they did since day 1 when they claim 1 million in 24 hours when many store still had units to sell.

The pre-orders were over 100K so..., I'm sure it was over 100K. You like to damage control any positive news for the XB1. Keep those tears flowing El Tormo. lol!!!

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq38/ms_independent11/th_The_Cow_Crying_Moo.gif

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

those are shipped numbers

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TigerSuperman

@elpresador-911 said:

those are shipped numbers

No they aren't the value includes spending. This source is from an actual official business who has actual shipments numbers and is basically the forbes of china except they are tied to businesses and get more information.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TigerSuperman

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

The same Microsoft that has nothing to do with this large business company that has access to numbers and cash value?

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Yayyyy!! Some boxes have sold in the biggest shit hole of a country in the world!

Oh yeah and some executives will get payrises............yayyyyyyyy!!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

Yayyyy!! Some boxes have sold in the biggest shit hole of a country in the world!

Oh yeah and some executives will get payrises............yayyyyyyyy!!

Huzzah!

Bring out the champagne, cheese, biscuits, and scones!

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

When is PS4 going to be sold there?

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

This is really good especially considering that most of the best xbone games aren't approved for sale by China's government. No Cod, BF 4, Dead Rising 3 or Titanfall.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

100k in how long? they have 1.3 billion people.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Wow. Considering how expensive the Xbox One is over there, I'm incredibly impressed. Not bad, Microsoft. I think bringing it to China was a smart idea.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

1USD = 6 Yuans

American billion are different to other peoples billions.

In america a billion is only 1,000,000,00, one thousand million here in the UK it's 1,000,000,000,000 , 1 million million

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

That's it?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Do we really need another topic about this?

And it's 100,000 shipped, you tool.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

X1, the first console ever to sell through one billion, who'd a thunk it? :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#44 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

100k? Well, it's official. Microsoft has won this gen. The PS4 is doomed. No way anyone can compete with such massive numbers...

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

100,000 units solid in a country of over a billion people. Congratulations, lemmingspot.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TigerSuperman

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Do we really need another topic about this?

And it's 100,000 shipped, you tool.

No it's not, but i guess reading isn't a thing you can do.

@TheWalkingGhost said:

That's it?

There was a ban on consoles for 14 years dominated by phones and F2P PC games, with other ventures into consoles (Like Nintendo Ique and N-gage0 failing miserably. In 1 day they sell 100k, with a high price, and make over $100 million. That's one day. So I would wait till the end of the week before we say that's it.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

LOL 100K shipped and lems celebrate LMAO!!!

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Aren't they having protests over there right now? I think that's hindering sales too.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TigerSuperman

@Douevenlift_bro said:

LOL 100K shipped and lems celebrate LMAO!!!

Not shipped

@gago-gago said:

Aren't they having protests over there right now? I think that's hindering sales too.

Nothings hindering sales, it sold beyond expectations at a high price, were consoles are not a thing, bringing in over $100 million in cash. Supposedly yeah, it could be an even bigger success.

Launch success.