Official Post-Release Halo 3 Discussion Thread - NOT FOR STORY DISCUSSION!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#101 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
lol, are you sure you live in new zealand? you don't even know how you guys talk :P i guess its just normal to you and you don't realise it. also you can take russel crowe back he's a bum. and yes our women are hotter.

ha maybe i should delete that tasmania comment, i hope user_nat isn't tasmanian :shock: unlikely though, the populations only about 250 people down there.

---OkeyDokey---

I'm just telling you in the way some Aussies described how we talk, like we're lazy to produce the sounds for some vowels lol.

Anyway I gotta go.

Americans, enjoy your first few hours of the Fun that is Halo 3 8)

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Just played the first level of campaign before bed... it's got that "OMGITSANEWHALO" feel... cutscenes have been awesome. I find the reticle a bit fast on default, and one click lower is too slow, but I'll manage. Any one else notice this? Can't wait to have a proper go at SP and get some MP in.
CAlNlAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 CAlNlAC
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
Sigh... Hope my 360 is returned from repairs soon. I hate missing out on all the fun.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Just played the first level of campaign before bed... it's got that "OMGITSANEWHALO" feel... cutscenes have been awesome. I find the reticle a bit fast on default, and one click lower is too slow, but I'll manage. Any one else notice this? Can't wait to have a proper go at SP and get some MP in.remaGloohcSdlO

Focus on your achievements whilst doing single player as well, you get armor types unlocked through achievements ^_^ I just gonna blow through it on legendary the first time through.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
wait so GS isn't gonna be doing live shows at any of the midnight events? i thought jeff mentioned during on the spot that GS would be at several launch locations.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

Batteries died and I couldn't get more shots. I highlighted the affected areas. My CE disc is all messed up.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
me and my pals did some 3 player coop for the first 3 levels. And played 3 ranked matches.

The Single Player was a blast so far, the character models dont stick out but the scenery is BEAUTIFUL. There is just so much going on, and the pace is fast which i am loving and ofcourse GODLY music.

As for the MP, well lets just say right now the rookies arent online, so i was quite shocked how challenging it allready got. All in all a 2-1 start on the day online and getting the first 3 levels done is a good start. Waking up early tomorrow.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#108 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Batteries died and I couldn't get more shots. I highlighted the affected areas. My CE disc is all messed up.

TekkenMaster606
Shakira is such a hotty.
hazuki87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#109 hazuki87
Member since 2004 • 2031 Posts
Yeah. Sadly I missed the midnight launches seeing as how I work 2nd shift and then a few hours overtime. But I'm getting up early to get the game (I hope).
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

TekkenMaster606
The Collector's edition packaging is inexcusable. Every other Collector's edition up to this point has not really had any problems. So why then, does this paticular one reek of cheap manufacturing, especially when you pay more and the standard edition holds up much better?
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#111 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

man im so lucky. my game disc was in tact. just got home its 1:18am

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

Who else thinks that Halo 3's theme song is a downgrade from Halo 2 ?

Guitar ftw !

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

man im so lucky. my game disc was in tact. just got home its 1:18am

istreakforfood
That's good news! Unfortunately its probably going to make people who have had problems feel a lot worse by comparison. Are you playing it tonight, or waiting until tomorrow?
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

overrated bigtime!!

i played and you cant move without stutter, + there is pretty bad pop in and anti alaising is awful, low poly too.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
It is funny seeing the halo haters pull out the most obscure websites just so they can find a score that is not AAA. I just saw another thread from a Halo hater pulling out one of those websites. Kinda funny because you know some of them are searching hours going from website to website in hopes of posting a bad Halo review in this forum which in the end no one will take serious anyways. Oh well sucks for them to be filled with that much hate over a game.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

It is funny seeing the halo haters pull out the most obscure websites just so they can find a score that is not AAA. I just saw another thread from a Halo hater pulling out one of those websites. Kinda funny because you know some of them are searching hours going from website to website in hopes of posting a bad Halo review in this forum which in the end no one will take serious anyways. Oh well sucks for them to be filled with that much hate over a game.rybe1025

do you know what's even more funnier though? reading the impressions from the people who actually played the game in the official halo 3 forum and seeing how many are dissapointed with the game.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Forza_2

Halo 3 launch special on GT ! (4 parts)

http://www.gametrailers.com/

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Forza_2
It's not just the launch guys, check those 4 videos out. They're cool !
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]It is funny seeing the halo haters pull out the most obscure websites just so they can find a score that is not AAA. I just saw another thread from a Halo hater pulling out one of those websites. Kinda funny because you know some of them are searching hours going from website to website in hopes of posting a bad Halo review in this forum which in the end no one will take serious anyways. Oh well sucks for them to be filled with that much hate over a game.-Renegade

do you know what's even more funnier though? reading the impressions from the people who actually played the game in the official halo 3 forum and seeing how many are dissapointed with the game.

Really? I just went there and I saw one guy trolling and some threads about how good Halo 3 is...

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

Halo 3 launch special on GT ! (4 parts)

http://www.gametrailers.com/

Forza_2
That was pretty cool. Good find thanks. Those videos are just another example of how big Halo has become to gaming.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]It is funny seeing the halo haters pull out the most obscure websites just so they can find a score that is not AAA. I just saw another thread from a Halo hater pulling out one of those websites. Kinda funny because you know some of them are searching hours going from website to website in hopes of posting a bad Halo review in this forum which in the end no one will take serious anyways. Oh well sucks for them to be filled with that much hate over a game.-Renegade

Dude...9.5 is wicked. Halo 3 will be amazing for me Iknow. I love it too man

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

now that the game is actually out i thought we could start with a new thread to contain all the halo 3 talk. keep it here or in the halo 3 forum or be suspended. don't post in any other halo 3 threads or you could get modded right along with whoever made the thread.

NOTE: THERE IS TO BE NO STORY DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER IN THIS THREAD. PEOPLE WILL BE AT DIFFERENT PLACES AND HAVING THE STORY RUINED IN A GAME JUST PLAIN SUCKS. DON'T TRY TO BE CUTE AND POST FAKE STORY ELEMENTS EITHER.

CaseyWegner
could ya edit in a link with a verbal pointer? story discusion goes ....the big red "here" or something? the game deserves the hype but may of us want to discuss why, and story/plot will fall under/into why. we need a place to express ourselves freely. i dont want to spoil anyone, heck at this point i dont even want to cow own (their self deprivation is punishment enough) but i do want to compare experiences, see if there's even more that i missed so far. without discussing the story i'm left with graphixs, but i cant say what of because it's what you see in the story, or controls. you push buttons, pull triggers, and work the thumb sticks, but the same can be said about the best and worst games on the 360.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]It is funny seeing the halo haters pull out the most obscure websites just so they can find a score that is not AAA. I just saw another thread from a Halo hater pulling out one of those websites. Kinda funny because you know some of them are searching hours going from website to website in hopes of posting a bad Halo review in this forum which in the end no one will take serious anyways. Oh well sucks for them to be filled with that much hate over a game.KrazyKenKutarag

Really? I just went there and I saw one guy trolling and some threads about how good Halo 3 is...

Linkand linkand linkand link

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

now that the game is actually out i thought we could start with a new thread to contain all the halo 3 talk. keep it here or in the halo 3 forum or be suspended. don't post in any other halo 3 threads or you could get modded right along with whoever made the thread.

NOTE: THERE IS TO BE NO STORY DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER IN THIS THREAD. PEOPLE WILL BE AT DIFFERENT PLACES AND HAVING THE STORY RUINED IN A GAME JUST PLAIN SUCKS. DON'T TRY TO BE CUTE AND POST FAKE STORY ELEMENTS EITHER.

rdo

could ya edit in a link with a verbal pointer? story discusion goes ....the big red "here" or something? the game deserves the hype but may of us want to discuss why, and story/plot will fall under/into why. we need a place to express ourselves freely. i dont want to spoil anyone, heck at this point i dont even want to cow own (their self deprivation is punishment enough) but i do want to compare experiences, see if there's even more that i missed so far. without discussing the story i'm left with graphixs, but i cant say what of because it's what you see in the story, or controls. you push buttons, pull triggers, and work the thumb sticks, but the same can be said about the best and worst games on the 360.

That is what the official Halo 3 board is for

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
[QUOTE="KrazyKenKutarag"][QUOTE="-Renegade"]

hey, can you like...get lost?

CAlNlAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 CAlNlAC
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts

You seem to focus more on the negatives and ignore the positives and its pretty obvious why. Anyway. I've seen lots of positive things said about Halo 3 and I've seen some negative things as well. What we don't see is all the countless people still playing the game now or those who have yet to purchase the game. Give it a while for people to play the game then we can truely find out what the majority thinks. Good or Bad? I'm gonna guess it will be more good.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

And I could find as many threads about Halo 3 being great if the Halo 3 forums wasn't down for maintanance. almost all the threads you linked are on the second and third page, you probably sweeped the forum for anybody saying the game wasn't up to standard. Even if the unchallenged best game ever was released (this isn't Halo 3) there would still be people hating on it. Just give it up, Halo 3 turned out to be fantastic and you can't hack it.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#129 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
SO 1/3 of these guys buying Halo 3 might come home only for their 360's to show the red ring of death? And not get to play for 4 to 6 weeks. lol just messin.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#130 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
SO 1/3 of these guys buying Halo 3 might come home only for their 360's to show the red ring of death? And not get to play for 4 to 6 weeks. lol just messin.caseypayne69
Thats very funny, clever, and original. In other news, I DID get Halo 3 last night, and I DID play it, and it IS amazing! If you're with me on this, give me a HOOYAH! I'll post pics in my blog of the event. The Master Chief did show up ;)
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Ok guys, I have a serious question, hopefully someone can answer.

With the four player coop, can two people be on the same screen, and be playing with people online?

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 VACASCULIADAS
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts
Renegade alias infamousc is in damage control since halo 3 got 9.5.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

With the four player coop, can two people be on the same screen, and be playing with people online?

buuzer0
I REALLY want to know this as well. Though, I should be able to answer it in a few hours.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44107 Posts
[QUOTE="buuzer0"]

Jandurin

I REALLY want to know this as well. Though, I should be able to answer it in a few hours.

I think alls thats needed is two XBL accounts.

If I understood the question right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I think alls thats needed is two XBL accounts.

SecretPolice
2 Gold accounts can play? What about 1 Gold account and a guest? Like you can do in Gears in vs., but for Halo 3 co-op?
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 buuzer0

Yeah, in the H3 Beta, you could bring a guest along with you in split-screen for unranked matches...

Hoping you can do it in online co-op too, heres to hoping someone can pull themselves away from the game to answer!

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

I want to play Halo 3 :cry:

shame on me for not getting a 360. Oh well, I'll wait 3 years and get it on the PC :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44107 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]I think alls thats needed is two XBL accounts.

Jandurin
2 Gold accounts can play? What about 1 Gold account and a guest? Like you can do in Gears in vs., but for Halo 3 co-op?

As I am without my 360 - maybe I better let someone else give the definitive answer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Honestly, we won't be able to tell, because aren't all silver accounts automatically Gold for the next 3 days?

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 buuzer0

Honestly, we won't be able to tell, because aren't all silver accounts automatically Gold for the next 3 days?

Jandurin

What? Where did you hear that? Is this true?

Also, I don't think you necessarily have to make alternate silver accounts for guests. If I'm not mistaken, the second player just hits start and signs in as "guest" or something... I could be wrong though!

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Now flopzone2 needs to score 10 to be a halo killer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Good point buuzer. Yeah, I heard that Live was free the 25th, 26th, and 27th.

Good point on the guest thing.

here's a link:

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/09/11/best-buy-free-xbox-live-gold-and-chance-to-win-a-halo-3-car/

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#143 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]SO 1/3 of these guys buying Halo 3 might come home only for their 360's to show the red ring of death? And not get to play for 4 to 6 weeks. lol just messin.musicalmac
Thats very funny, clever, and original. In other news, I DID get Halo 3 last night, and I DID play it, and it IS amazing! If you're with me on this, give me a HOOYAH! I'll post pics in my blog of the event. The Master Chief did show up ;)

HOOYAH lol. Seriously this game is amazing. I think graphically its top notch but not the best. Gameplay wise its amazing.

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

shame on me for not getting a 360. Oh well, I'll wait 3 years and get it on the PC :D

gingerdivid

That's a long time to wait. That's like seeing a Star Wars movie three years after its release in theaters.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#145 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

thinicer

That's a long time to wait. That's like seeing a Star Wars movie three years after its release in theaters.

I'm still saving for a VCR so that I can watch it in all its glory.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Well, I got through the first mission last night and it was quite awesome. I felt a much better satisfaction with my initial impression than I did when I picked up Halo 2. I havent even touched the MP, or Saved films, or Forge yet, but wow, that opening sequence was really well done. The gameplay was TIGHT.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
I got Collectors Edition today......had few scratches but not what my normal games dont have lol so its all fine....played a little bit of campaign.....and i must say this game is amazing....first of all let me go through the graphics.....Rocks, Leaf's, and nearly everything has AMAZING textures....they arent those low poly textures you'd expect.....now the thing is this game still looks like its based in HaloWorld so thats why it may not look impressive but when you look at an object its clearly high-res....so basically this game has amazing graphics but doesnt looklike Gears of war coz of its ARTSTYLE and im happy about that....lighting is MIND BLOWING...its just amazing same with sound...now 1 thing that really blows my mind is the enemy AI.....i have NEVER seen an enemy as smart as in Halo 3...........Grunts run and take cover, as soon as you throw a nade enemies run to take cover instead of standing there and shooting at you, Brutes actually try to get on top of rocks so they canget a better view of you......sometimes they even throw Shield if you shoot them too much....and its so funny when grunts are running towards you with hands full of 2 nades lol the AI is simply amazing.....Jackals, the snipers are amazing aswell so far they have barely missed me with shots and usually kill me with 1 or 2 shots
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
Someone please explain to me why this game is so big?!? I beat Halo 1 a few months back and I just don't get what was so amazing about it?
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#149 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I got Collectors Edition today......had few scratches but not what my normal games dont have lol so its all fine....played a little bit of campaign.....and i must say this game is amazing....first of all let me go through the graphics.....Rocks, Leaf's, and nearly everything has AMAZING textures....they arent those low poly textures you'd expect.....now the thing is this game still looks like its based in HaloWorld so thats why it may not look impressive but when you look at an object its clearly high-res....so basically this game has amazing graphics but doesnt looklike Gears of war coz of its ARTSTYLE and im happy about that....lighting is MIND BLOWING...its just amazing same with sound...now 1 thing that really blows my mind is the enemy AI.....i have NEVER seen an enemy as smart as in Halo 3...........Grunts run and take cover, as soon as you throw a nade enemies run to take cover instead of standing there and shooting at you, Brutes actually try to get on top of rocks so they canget a better view of you......sometimes they even throw Shield if you shoot them too much....and its so funny when grunts are running towards you with hands full of 2 nades lol the AI is simply amazing.....Jackals, the snipers are amazing aswell so far they have barely missed me with shots and usually kill me with 1 or 2 shotsmingo123

The snipers are sick. They are so quick with their shots that it caught me off guard and they destroyed me the first time i encountered them. The AI has definitely improved over the first two. They are definitely more advanced.

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 buuzer0

Someone please explain to me why this game is so big?!? I beat Halo 1 a few months back and I just don't get what was so amazing about it?Firelore29

You should have played it back in 2001 :?

Best console FPS of its time, great co-op, great AI, fun and epic campaign, wide open environments, vehicles done right (this was VERY rare for its time, only other game I can think of doing vehicles well was Tribes, which was on PC), great multiplayer... heck, just read the reviews.