OFFICIAL November NPD: Ohh my 360 outsells PS3 by 110k, MW2 6m

This topic is locked from further discussion.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

I just don't understand how PS games sell so little. Even the exclusives, all the software does better on 360, I guess the attach rate is higher, I do get all my multi plat games on there. I just find it odd how every big multi-plat does better on the 360.

immortality20
The 360 has double the install base of the PS3 in the US so that shouldn't really come as a surprise.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

where is the recourse cows??? where is it

PrimusGears
my thoughts exactly. good post,sir :)
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#303 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

After all the talk about the PS3 "doubling" the 360's Black Friday sales and what not, the 360 ends up outselling the PS3 by 110k in November? Wow. I'm actually a bit surprised to hear that. I guess some of the folks forecasting the 360's demise at the hands of the PS3 this past month were a tad misguided in their thought processes. :wink:

I'm more surprised to see the 360 version of MW2 outselling the PS3 version by more than double! :o PS3 owners, step it up!

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts

So much ownage. I love it. I can't believe after all the crap, it ends like this.

heysharpshooter
The Ownage comes when 2009 ends and the Ps3 is still ahead of the 360 in both games and sales for the year...
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 jessesalinas

So much ownage. I love it. I can't believe after all the crap, it ends like this.

heysharpshooter
i agree :)
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 359

#306 KukicAdo
Member since 2008 • 973 Posts

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="njean777"]

WRONG, npd does not include walmart, try google next time......

njean777

:| NPD Estimates Walmarts numbers

Estimates are not exact :shock: if the npd only estimates, that doesnt count all the mom and pop stores, nor a lot of retailers. So we will never know the exact number unless Sony and M$ states them. Im sorry but the NPD is pointless IMO.

LMAO. NPD is the most reliable source for sales tracking. They have their ways of getting sales data and estimating pretty accurately the data that they don't get.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#307 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

Im curious as to how many previous 360 owners who got banned (roughly 1 million +) bought another Xbox 360.

W1NGMAN-

Judging by the numbers .... a lot.

Explain to me how the 360 has the highest attach ratio of any console if there were so many people buying a 2nd 360? This is a myth made up by cows to try and cover over the sales figures of the 360. They just can't accept the drop from 1st to last place this gen.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Did not see that one coming in a million yearzz......Hmmmm, well, I think all 3 deserve a round of applouse. What a November.

Squall18

im not listening im not listening im not listenin nanananalalalalalalalalalalala

afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 afmsquid
Member since 2006 • 1623 Posts

Ive given up on the PS3.. I am a cow but seriously thinking about dropping the PS3 after these numbers, these numbers prove the PS3 is a dead end console and a failure.. No im not joking or being sarcastic either, the PS3 is now a POS and im being serious as a heart attack

Kennysolidsnake

PS3 is still a great Blu Ray player. That's what I originally bought mine for(and Valkyria Chronicles and Warhawk).

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="KukicAdo"][QUOTE="njean777"]

WRONG, npd does not include walmart, try google next time......

njean777

:| NPD Estimates Walmarts numbers

Estimates are not exact :shock: if the npd only estimates, that doesnt count all the mom and pop stores, nor a lot of retailers. So we will never know the exact number unless Sony and M$ states them. Im sorry but the NPD is pointless IMO.

Its physically impossible to track 100% of the market. NPD gets about 60% and does calculation and extrapolation for the rest. Its actually incredibly accurate.

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

W1NGMAN-

:roll: lemme guess, this is a bad thing. How dare people buy a console twice, those sales shouldn't count!

Nope just stating a logical observation.

Logical? Well first off, you have nothing to back yourself up with. Its all assumptions. Secondly, that million consoles banned number was not confirmed. Again, MORE speculation.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i really didnt want to post in this thread but something is just fishy. there has to have been a glitch or late sales figures that didnt make it on time for npd to count. the ps3 is the superior console like that 1 thread n it won the cnet head 2 head n it got the highest rated game average in 2009 on metacritc it only does everything, free wifi free online blu ray the best advertisements infamous demon souls killzone2 and uncharted2. the 360 is lucky the sales counter made a mistake, this is the last time the 360 will outsell the ps3

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Yep. Good day in SW.

Time to sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

indeed. time to open that bottle of wine i saved for 4 years. :)
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#314 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Why is the NA Gaming market getting down played?

Not only is it the most important market for the industry but it's larger than European and Japanese markests combined. It has the most open-minded consumers and accounts for a large percent of game industry revenue.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#315 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

jessesalinas

Whats doubly funny about it is that cows are going back to the "sales don't matter" line, after hyping November as the turning point.

furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

what i dont understand is how these are exact numbers when MS didnt give out any of there black friday sales numbers....if the rumors are true they sold 250-300k systems on black friday are we to believe that they sold 500k for the rest of the month? shenanigans i say! :P:lol:stereointegrity
Well, MS was caught "channel stuffing" in 2007 to inflate sales. The banned users? Yep, MS resorts to pretty much anything for sales IMO.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#317 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

i really didnt want to post in this thread but something is just fishy. there has to have been a glitch or late sales figures that didnt make it on time for npd to count. the ps3 is the superior console like that 1 thread n it won the cnet head 2 head n it got the highest rated game average in 2009 on metacritc it only does everything, free wifi free online blu ray the best advertisements infamous demon souls killzone2 and uncharted2. the 360 is lucky the sales counter made a mistake, this is the last time the 360 will outsell the ps3

_SWAG_

Yes, that sounds thoroughly logical.

Or it's just that the 360 outsold the PS3 fairly.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

_SWAG_

Sir, I've sent more damage control engines to your position. Looks like you'll need them.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#319 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
I think most of that has to do with MW2, but that's just my thoughts. And people re-buying consoles who got bricked perhaps...
sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

_SWAG_
conspiracy pic please
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 KukicAdo

Not only is it the most important market for the industry but it's larger than European and Japanese markests combined. It has the most open-minded consumers and accounts for a large percent of game industry revenue.

Blue-Sky
Because the PS3 didn't outsell the 360. Had it outsold it, even by 1, there would be much rejoicing and hundreds of 360 is finished threads. But since the exact opposite happened, the natural damage control is to discredit the event and downplay it as much as possible. All fanboys do this.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#322 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Not too surprising. Besides black friday, the 360 sold more.

Don't forget the bannings and the walmart deal ($200 360 w/100 dollar gift card)

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

sonny2dap

conspiracy pic please

You're welcome.

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 KukicAdo

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]what i dont understand is how these are exact numbers when MS didnt give out any of there black friday sales numbers....if the rumors are true they sold 250-300k systems on black friday are we to believe that they sold 500k for the rest of the month? shenanigans i say! :P:lol:furomaster_99

Well, MS was caught "channel stuffing" in 2007 to inflate sales. The banned users? Yep, MS resorts to pretty much anything for sales IMO.

Channel Stuffing is when a company ships more to retailers, thus stuffing the stores, has no impact on NPD since it counts sold to consumers numbers ;)
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

lundy86_4

You and I both know that's impossible!

RobbRipken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#327 RobbRipken
Member since 2003 • 263 Posts

I prefer the 360, so I'm glad it did well. I did expect the PS3 to do better than it did, since I personally think it had the better year. In any event, I think that this was the PS3's best year, and 360's worst year. I'm curious to know what it will be like next year, when M$ really makes moreof an effort to put out big games. Ironically, next yearM$ probably won't move that many consoles, and then we'll all be sitting here trying to figure that one out.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts
thankin you shadow, and lol at some of the posts in here.
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

A lot of modded 360's were banned, so this could be one of the reasons why theres a huge boost in 360 sales.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
Guess banning a million people helped to fluff the 360's sales in November. December will probably be a different story.
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 micky4889
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

Im curious as to how many previous 360 owners who got banned (roughly 1 million +) bought another Xbox 360.

mythrol

Explain to me how the 360 has the highest attach ratio of any console if there were so many people buying a 2nd 360? This is a myth made up by cows to try and cover over the sales figures of the 360. They just can't accept the drop from 1st to last place this gen.

Link to "highest attach ratio of any console" ? Maybe this gen but the last gen the PS2 had an 11. something attach rate around when it hit the 80 million mark.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#332 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

Silverbond

You and I both know that's impossible!

My God you're right.

Something strange is afoot Watson...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Paget_holmes.png

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

wow it makes me sick, no one is owning up to the fact that the 360 is a great console, every cow is saying it is a conspiracy or that this is because the 360 banned users who illegally modded their xbox. If cows cant own up now they never will, they are officially the less credible of the fanboys.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

Whats doubly funny about it is that cows are going back to the "sales don't matter" line, after hyping November as the turning point.

agreed. :)
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Not only is it the most important market for the industry but it's larger than European and Japanese markets combined. It has the most open-minded consumers and accounts for a large percent of game industry revenue.

Blue-Sky

Because Cows don't want to accept the truth that their beloved console got outsold by the 360 & will want to try to spin their way out of it by saying things like: "The only reason 360's got more sales is because of the bans!," etc. Plus bans had nothing to do with it, as people can still play their consoles. They just can't get on X-Box Live anymore.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

_SWAG_
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 jessesalinas

wow it makes me sick, no one is owning up to the fact that the 360 is a great console, every cow is saying it is a conspiracy or that this is because the 360 banned users who illegally modded their xbox. If cows cant own up now they never will, they are officially the less credible of the fanboys.

PrimusGears
i agree with this as well :)
RobbRipken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#338 RobbRipken
Member since 2003 • 263 Posts

PS3's 2010 lineup = GOW3, GT5, Last Guardian, Modnation Racers, Heavy Rain, others

How will M$ be able to compete with that?? The Answer: Halo: Reach :-P

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts
Guess banning a million people helped to fluff the 360's sales in November. December will probably be a different story.TintedEyes
Im with you on this one, in December we dine on top of RROD'ed 360s.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
I'm sorry, but the story here is not that the PS3 sold worse than the 360, or that it dropped so soon after a price drop and the Slim launch. The story here is, as it has been all along, the continued Wii dominance. You people are like Uruguay and Paraguay duking it out for world dominance, completely unaware that the U.S. exists....
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 micky4889

Blue-Sky

More revenue than Europe and Japan combined you say ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#343 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

PrimusGears

Why care? Whatever they have to tell themselves to make them feel better.............

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#344 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
I don't have a current gen console yet (hope to have one in a couple weeks), so I'm not exactly on one side or the other. But to be completely honest, if you want to know why Xbox is selling so much better than the PS3, all you have to do is look at XBL. Since multiplayer is becoming such a huge force in the gaming industry, it would only make sense that the console with the larger online community will continue to sell more consoles. XBL has a few years lead over the PSN. Until the status quo changes, Microsoft will continue leading Sony in the console market, sad to say.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

PS3's 2010 lineup = GOW3, GT5, Last Guardian, Modnation Racers, Heavy Rain, others

How will M$ be able to compete with that?? The Answer: Halo: Reach :-P

RobbRipken

Because the 360 only has one upcoming exclusive....

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

A lot of modded 360's were banned, so this could be one of the reasons why theres a huge boost in 360 sales.

def_mode
Maybe.... or maybe the 360 just sells well in this region.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="bez2083"]

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

Why care? Whatever they have to tell themselves to make them feel better.............

100% True
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I did not think the PS3 would sell more then the 360 and so I am not shocked. I am shocked though at how the PS3 fans seem to be taking this. This thread almost brings a tear to my eye of happiness after reading these posts :lol:
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 KukicAdo
 courtesy of GAF
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

jessesalinas
i agree with this as well :)

A thing doesn't have to sell a lot to be considered good or bad. The only fact is that the PS3 owns the 360 in games, reliability and awesomeness. Oh yes :)